Kaita receives death threats after red card

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

http://www.timeslive.co.za/sport/soccer ... r-red-card

Jun 19, 2010 4:19 PM | By Samm Audu, Sapa-dpa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nigeria midfielder Sani Kaita has received threats to his life after he was sent off in a crucial World Cup Group B match against Greece

Kaita told The German Press Agency dpa on Saturday that he had received death threats, but said he was not bothered by them.

“Yes, I have received some threats to my life,” he told dpa in a telephone call from the team hotel in Richard’s Bay near Durban.

“They were sent to my email, but I’m not disturbed about that because as a Muslim, only God decides who lives and who dies.”

Kaita was dismissed in the 33rd minute in his team’s 2-1 defeat to Greece in Bloemfontein on Thursday after he appeared to lunge at defender Vasilis Torosidis with a foot during a tangle by the touchline.

“Everything on this earth is in God’s hands, whether it is your life or whatever and unless God allows it, no one has the power to kill me,” Kaita said.

“Only God knows what will happen tomorrow. He holds our destiny. That is what my religion teaches me.”

Kaita refused to compare his situation with that of Colombia defender Andres Escobar, who was shot dead back home in Colombia in an incident believed linked to his his own goal which allowed hosts United States into the next round of the 1994 World Cup.

Colombia’s failure to reach the knock-out stage of the World Cup was believed to have caused huge gambling losses to some of the country’s powerful drug lords.

“I won’t liken my case to that of Escobar because everyone has his destiny on this earth,” Kaita said.

Kaita restated his personal disappointment with the red card incident which turned the match in favour of the Greeks, saying he was not even been booked in a Nigerian shirt before the drama in Bloemfontein.

“I can really understand the disappointment following what happened against Greece,” he said.

“But I’m even more disappointed because since I began representing Nigeria at international level, first with the Under-20 team, then the Olympics and the full international team, I have not been booked much less sent off. This is not in my character.

“The coach (Lars Lagerback) told me he was disappointed in me soon after this match, but ever since both the coaches and players have rallied around me, offering me words of encouragement.”

Kaita, 24, made his international debut in 2005 and has played at three African Cup of Nations tournament.

Despite Nigeria’s defeats to Argentina and Greece, the Super Eagles will reach the last 16 if they defeat South Korea in their last Group B match in Durban on Tuesday.

Kaita, who is automatically suspended for that game, said he remained “very positive both as a person and also as part of the team.”

He added: “Everyone’s focus is on the next game and our prayer is that we win on Tuesday and qualify for the next round. I’m a Nigerian and proud to be one.”
return2k2
Egg
Egg
Re: Kaita receives death threats after red card

Post by return2k2 »

Chai, I feel sorry for this guy. he is one person I wouldn't want to be in this day. Imagine your whole country mad at you! If Nigeria does not advance to the next round, this guy is finished! Chai! :atc:
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

F*ck him! He needs to just buy his own ticket and leave.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

dude still aint explained why he tried to stamp the Greek who never even provoked him........ :roll:
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The shepherds up north will make decent suya of him.
2drama
Eaglet
Eaglet
Location: To my Late Grand-Papa Pa onyemere(he left us oct-26-07) -i miss you -R-I-P

Post by 2drama »

if he knows what good for him

he should return back to Europe 2 lay low

:curse: :curse:
http://www.2dramasports.com is live ,Get SE downloads links or watch online links
Get Your Super Eagles Games on DvD Pm 2drama don't live history have a part of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_national_football_team
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Kaita is a hero. Kaita has contributed more to Nigeria that all the NFF crooks plus their ignorant WOWOs.
The people that should be getting ANY death threats are the NFF crooks .
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

Chill...

Anyone thinking the Sending off of Kaita was Primary responsible to Nigeria Loss must be 4ucking Delutional.. He was Stupid and Dumb for his Action but the rest minus Magnetic Enyeama failed to step up to Defend his absence...
realtrouble

Post by realtrouble »

zee wrote:Kaita is a hero. Kaita has contributed more to Nigeria that all the NFF crooks plus their ignorant WOWOs.
You are a f00l Kaita is using this WC to further is useless career , what has he contributed to Nigeria football than use his stupid fame to pick up cheap girls on his yeye facebook
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

seriously it makes not sense to curse Kaita whose arguably our best DM....let the man redeem himself

no wonder why the likes of Onucha/Agbonlar/Adebayor/Agogo refuse to play for Nigeria
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

goke313 wrote:seriously it makes not sense to curse Kaita whose arguably our best DM....let the man redeem himself

no wonder why the likes of Onucha/Agbonlar/Adebayor/Agogo refuse to play for Nigeria
They refuse to play for Nigeria because they weren't born in Nigeria and they don't feel any sort of conne...ok maybe you're right a little. :mrgreen:
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

goke313 wrote:seriously it makes not sense to curse Kaita whose arguably our best DM....let the man redeem himself

He must be the Sunday Oliseh of our time.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

realtrouble wrote:
zee wrote:Kaita is a hero. Kaita has contributed more to Nigeria that all the NFF crooks plus their ignorant WOWOs.
You are a f00l Kaita is using this WC to further is useless career , what has he contributed to Nigeria football than use his stupid fame to pick up cheap girls on his yeye facebook
Not only are you an ignorant WOWO :lol: but you are also dumb.
You know how facebook works :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Kaita is a national hero and nobody will do nothing to him, like we say back in the days in CC...............'your size no dey for boot'.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
kulu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nigeria's Kaita receives death threats

Post by kulu »

Nigeria's Kaita receives death threats
June 19 2010 at 04:24PM

BY Samm Audu

Nigeria midfielder Sani Kaita has received threats to his life after he was sent off in a crucial World Cup Group B match against Greece.

Kaita told The German Press Agency dpa on Saturday that he had received death threats, but said he was not bothered by them.

"Yes, I have received some threats to my life," he told dpa in a telephone call from the team hotel in Richard's Bay near Durban.

"They were sent to my email, but I'm not disturbed about that because as a Muslim, only God decides who lives and who dies."

Kaita was dismissed in the 33rd minute in his team's 2-1 defeat to Greece in Bloemfontein on Thursday after he appeared to lunge at defender Vasilis Torosidis with a foot during a tangle by the touchline.

"Everything on this earth is in God's hands, whether it is your life or whatever and unless God allows it, no one has the power to kill me," Kaita said.

"Only God knows what will happen tomorrow. He holds our destiny. That is what my religion teaches me."

Kaita refused to compare his situation with that of Colombia defender Andres Escobar, who was shot dead back home in Colombia in an incident believed linked to his his own goal which allowed hosts United States into the next round of the 1994 World Cup.

Colombia's failure to reach the knock-out stage of the World Cup was believed to have caused huge gambling losses to some of the country's powerful drug lords.

"I won't liken my case to that of Escobar because everyone has his destiny on this earth," Kaita said.

Kaita restated his personal disappointment with the red card incident which turned the match in favour of the Greeks, saying he was not even been booked in a Nigerian shirt before the drama in Bloemfontein.

"I can really understand the disappointment following what happened against Greece," he said.

"But I'm even more disappointed because since I began representing Nigeria at international level, first with the Under-20 team, then the Olympics and the full international team, I have not been booked much less sent off. This is not in my character.

"The coach (Lars Lagerback) told me he was disappointed in me soon after this match, but ever since both the coaches and players have rallied around me, offering me words of encouragement."

Kaita, 24, made his international debut in 2005 and has played at three African Cup of Nations tournament.

Despite Nigeria's defeats to Argentina and Greece, the Super Eagles will reach the last 16 if they defeat South Korea in their last Group B match in Durban on Tuesday.

Kaita, who is automatically suspended for that game, said he remained "very positive both as a person and also as part of the team."

He added: "Everyone's focus is on the next game and our prayer is that we win on Tuesday and qualify for the next round. I'm a Nigerian and proud to be one." - Sapa-dpa

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?from=rss ... 52193#more
"How can someone qualify his country for the World Cup and then, because he lost a match, everyone is saying they should sack him. Please allow the man to do his work. Nobody is perfect, but if someone can qualify his country for the World Cup, then he deserves some respect. I even heard that it is the second time he has qualified Nigeria for the World Cup. That is huge". - French legend Alain Giresse on Nigeria's Shuaibu Amodu, 2010
return2k2
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria's Kaita receives death threats

Post by return2k2 »

charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

I hope those of you that have continued to punish Sanni Kaita realize that there is nothing on this earth that is worth taking another persons life, especially football!

Please to those that mean ill on this man for his error of judgement..., this is not a joking matter, leave Sanni Kaita alone and stop taking out your personal failures on this young man. Instead focus on improving your miserable lives, for the sake of us all!
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

charlie wrote:I hope those of you that have continued to punish Sanni Kaita realize that there is nothing on this earth that is worth taking another persons life, especially football!

Please to those that mean ill on this man for his error of judgement..., this is not a joking matter, leave Sanni Kaita alone and stop taking out your personal failures on this young man. Instead focus on improving your miserable lives, for the sake of us all!
KPOM!

Come on guys, when all is said and done, it really is just a game. None of this is worth a life.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
patriot
Egg
Egg

Post by patriot »

GUEST wrote:Chill...

Anyone thinking the Sending off of Kaita was Primary responsible to Nigeria Loss must be 4ucking Delutional.. He was Stupid and Dumb for his Action but the rest minus Magnetic Enyeama failed to step up to Defend his absence...
kpom, I said it during and aftr the game. I've been proved right again by Australia's gallant show y'day with 10 men after 24 minutes play. SE sucks and everyone shd leave Kaita alone; I's mad at him but he has to learn from his silly mistake. I hope we beat S.Korea and Arg beat Greece. The fights will be after WC. Even if SE gets to the final, the truth is that oyinbo was a total fluke by thieves of nff to steal. Good luck to SE
The over 60k Arsenal fans cheered as their young gunners destroyed the opponents with their sleek moves.
Patriotism is our future.
NaijaGeisha
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by NaijaGeisha »

zee wrote:
realtrouble wrote:
Not only are you an ignorant WOWO :lol: but you are also dumb.
You know how facebook works :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Kaita is a national hero and nobody will do nothing to him, like we say back in the days in CC...............'your size no dey for boot'.
imagine the stupidity, that facebook page was opened by someone else not kaita. He has his own personal page but has less than 50 friends, most of who r his colleagues and journalist.. mumu of the highest order
"The greatest weapon anyone can use against us is our mind by preying on the doubts and uncertainties that already lurk there" -Emily Thorne (Rvenge)
Naija4lyfe
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija4lyfe »

Even Death threats? :shock: This is very disturbing.
And no! he wasn't the reason we lost.
Naija4lyfe
globalinksnn
Egg
Egg

Post by globalinksnn »

pls lets all forgive this guy before it gets out of hand.
we know nigerians are very football crazy... but pls east, west, north, south, ibo, hausa, yoruba (all nigerians)
there is always a dark cloud before the silver one.
we might actually move far in this WC if we all pray harder and those SE players put in more efforts..

nothing is too big for GOD.
infact he comes in amidst crisis to make peace reign.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Haven't they killed him already? Useless. Get in touch with the lager lout who breeched security after the Algeria game and got into the dressing room. One is of no doubt that a pocketful of Rands and a couple buxom ashewos should be enough to persuade the gateman to permit their entrance. In keeping with the Naija Naija, they'll probably pass out from altitude sickness before they reach the dressing room door!
Dog Bruno
Egg
Egg

Post by Dog Bruno »

patriot wrote:
GUEST wrote:Chill...

kpom, I said it during and aftr the game. I've been proved right again by Australia's gallant show y'day with 10 men after 24 minutes play. SE sucks and everyone shd leave Kaita alone; I's mad at him but he has to learn from his silly mistake. I hope we beat S.Korea and Arg beat Greece. The fights will be after WC. Even if SE gets to the final, the truth is that oyinbo was a total fluke by thieves of nff to steal. Good luck to SE

it aint gonna happen.... you haven't got the balls to beat S. Korea :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
You are Your Own Dog