ARSENAL RELATED NEWS & DEVELOPMENTS - Season 2011/12

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet
ARSENAL RELATED NEWS & DEVELOPMENTS - Season 2011/12

Post by Gooner1 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: GTFOH :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

By Sportsmail Reporter

Alexander Hleb has ruled out a return to Birmingham next season but the on-loan
Barcelona player wants to remain in the Barclays Premier League.

In an ideal world Hleb would like to return to his former club Arsenal although
there have been no moves in this direction.

Hleb has struggled to make an impact at St. Andrew's because of injuries and
missed the Carling Cup final triumph over the Gunners with a knee problem.
Heading out: Alexander Hleb (right) will leave Birmingham when his loan expires

Heading out: Alexander Hleb (right) will leave Birmingham when his loan expires

He is determined to end the season on a high and help Blues ensure their top
flight status.

But Hleb, who set up the second goal in yesterday's 2-0 win over Sunderland,
believes City's style of football is not suited to his own game.

Hleb said: 'Before, I think teams like Birmingham were easy to play with but
it is difficult when you play in such teams, not like Arsenal or Barcelona.

'Here you need to just fight and run, not too much passing, and this for me is
something new.

'I have enjoyed it in a way because it is something new. This is a different
experience although I prefer to play and to enjoy football.

'But I will give 100 per cent for this club every weekend.'

When asked if there any chance of rejoining Birmingham, Hleb said: "Eh, no,
no. I am happy and enjoy my time here, everything is good here, but this is a
little bit not my way (style) of football.
Return on the cards? Alexander Hleb would love to rejoin Arsenal

Return on the cards? Alexander Hleb would love to rejoin Arsenal

'Barcelona is the biggest club in the world but it is difficult when you are
not from Spain.

'It has happened with everybody (not being picked) with Henry, everyone. Josep
Guardiola picks the Spanish players.

'I've not had a lot of chances to play there. I prefer to stay in the Premier
League.'

When asked which club he would like to play for, Hleb said: 'I know which one.
I hope everything is good.

'Of course, I love Arsenal. It is always in my heart but now is too early to
speak about a new club.

'I want to give my best for Birmingham but if I have chance to go back (to
Arsenal).....of course.

'Everything is possible but I am just saying if I get this chance, of course
I'd come, but it's too early to speak about this.'
------------
Meanwhile Sevilla (or should I say Semugilla) are offering Arsenal £8 million for Denilson :shock: :shock:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Hleb wants to return to Arsenal

Post by omey2k4 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I didnt read it bu :rotf: :rotf: t
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Arsenal transfer rumour. How good is Diego Benaglio

Post by Waffiman »

Diego Benaglio is supposed to be replacing Almunia according to rumours from a good source. I have seen him play in the Germany but not enough to form a firm impression.

How good is he? The stats says he is pretty okay but IMHO he is 3rd choice, behind Szcsesny. Can he challenge for the top position. I hope he can replace Fabianski.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Don't know if Wenger can forgive/forget but if it was down to me I will take him back as a squad member for the right amount of money given the players that may leave this summer. I always liked Alexander Hleb...skillful, creative, versatile and silky player when on his game he also has the Arsenal way about him..he can play football.
To God be the glory
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Arsenal transfer rumour. How good is Diego Benaglio

Post by Waffiman »

From now on, I think it is fair to merge all transfer talk involving Arsenal this summer because there will be too many of these types of threads.

I hope you guys understand.

Cheers.
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

Hard to say, he had one brillant season and one average with Wolfsburg.
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
quickie
Egg
Egg

Post by quickie »

Skylolo wrote:Don't know if Wenger can forgive/forget but if it was down to me I will take him back as a squad member for the right amount of money given the players that may leave this summer. I always liked Alexander Hleb...skillful, creative, versatile and silky player when on his game he also has the Arsenal way about him..he can play football.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Q
Maradona
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Maradona »

Waffiman wrote:From now on, I think it is fair to merge all transfer talk involving Arsenal this summer because there will be too many of these types of threads.

I hope you guys understand.

Cheers.
Dude please! How many players get linked to El Cheapo anyway? :taunt:

Btw, you might want to checkout our transfer thread. It's astonishing! :rotf:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=195182
The danger in hunting down evil, is that you gradually become that which you seek to destroy..

"While this Czech man is impressive, d#$% Cheney, Don Rumsfeld and the rest of the US Republican establishment have been living without a heart for a far longer time." - Scipio Africanus' reaction to news that a Czech man had undergone a surgical procedure that enabled him to live for 6 months without a heart.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

quickie wrote:
Skylolo wrote:Don't know if Wenger can forgive/forget but if it was down to me I will take him back as a squad member for the right amount of money given the players that may leave this summer. I always liked Alexander Hleb...skillful, creative, versatile and silky player when on his game he also has the Arsenal way about him..he can play football.

Q
Was expecting this, even at his most effective I dont recollect you liking the guy :rotf: .....my bro remember I said Squad player o...as Barca have proved it is very important to have a squad of players who are used to the way you want to play.

With Rosicky on the way out, maybe Cesc too...if Hleb can still play I say for the right amount of money it could be good business.
To God be the glory
Makanaky
Egg
Egg

Post by Makanaky »

Waffiman wrote:Diego Benaglio is supposed to be replacing Almunia according to rumours from a good source. I have seen him play in the Germany but not enough to form a firm impression.

How good is he? The stats says he is pretty okay but IMHO he is 3rd choice, behind Szcsesny. Can he challenge for the top position. I hope he can replace Fabianski.

Is this the same source who once told you Torres was headed for Arsenal? :biggrin:
Nkono, Kunde, Massing, Tataw, Ebwelle , Pagal,Mbida, Mfede, Mbouh,Makanaky,Kana-Biyik,Oman-Biyik, Ekeke, Milla,.....Too Strong to be Intimidated, Too Stong to be defeated! Indomitable!!!! Marc Viven-Foe R.I.P!!!
yinkaldinho
Gunners bunker: Nasri wants the same pay as Fabrigas.

Post by yinkaldinho »

If care is not taken we might lose him but not to man-u :???:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ds-newsxml

Which kai wahala be this now? Abeg mek dem sort the thing out quick abi wetin dey do Wenger sef? :glare:
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Gunners bunker: Nasri wants the same pay as Fabrigas.

Post by Skylolo »

Nasri and his agent are stubborn characters, can't forget what we went through before we signed him from Marseille.

I don't expect him to go anywhere, can't blame the boy he just wants to be paid what he is worth...a agreement will be found.
To God be the glory
Obiagu
Egg
Egg

Post by Obiagu »

I say sell the ingrate right now and move on.....he wants bumper pay raise after a dismal season without winning any thing. The decay continues!
supereagles all the way
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Obiagu wrote:I say sell the ingrate right now and move on.....he wants bumper pay raise after a dismal season without winning any thing. The decay continues!
How do you win something if you don't hold on to your best players..

He did his bit he was one of the best players in the league, shame others could not stand up when his form dipped..."unsellable" if such a word exists.

Arsenal could bring in anything between 3-5 new players this summer, I'd be surprised if any is better than the Nasri we have today.
To God be the glory
living
Egg
Egg

Post by living »

Nasri was only effective b4 the January this year he just went cold, besides times without number we saw that without Fabregas or RVP he was ordinary!
Things might come to those who wait but only those things left behind by those who hustle-Abraham Lincoln
PapaK
Egg
Egg

Post by PapaK »

sell his a.ss off. :evil: :evil:
I stopped believe the hype after Carling Cup final. You want such a big pay rise, and when a big game came up you went into hiding. Arsenal will go no where with such losers. Win something first, then, demand for reward, mumu.
Never enter into a quarrel with an id!ot, lest he drag you down to his level and then beat you up with experience.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
All Arsenal Transfer news

Post by Waffiman »

Wenger was on french radio RTL interviewed by Lizarazu. Obviously he talked about Arsenal. Here are some of his best quotes.

Wenger on Arsenal's 2010-2011 season:

"I was upset. We though we could win all the trophies, but we failed due to a lack of character. It is the most frustrating season I've had to go through.

"The team played some of the best football I saw at Arsenal, but failed to reach the top when needed. It is frustrating and questionning. We need maturity."

On potential signings, Wenger said:

"We will try to buy players who could gave us what we need. It's a difficult task. Firstly, we have to enforce defensive line. We lost points against teams who play the natural English way of football, with long balls and physical struggle.

"So we need players who know how to manage this kind of game, which means English players, or players who know the Premier League."

About the possible departures of Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasir, Wenger said:

"Fabregas will not go this summer. Last summer,Barcelona made offers, but on this one there is no offers at all. He's the best midfielder in the world, we built the team with him around him. He's our captain, we want to keep him at any cost.

"Regarding Nasri, one thing is absolutely sure, that we will not sell him to Manchester United. We have a financial disagreement with the player, and I will work on it during the summer, to ensure he will extend his contract."

Regarding Arsenal's rumoured interest in Karim Benzema, Wenger said:

"As far as I know, Madrid doesn't want to sell the player, which is understandable. And the fact that Zidane is now close to the club will reinforce possibility of that Benzema won't move."
On his philosophy for next season, Wenger said:

"Only world class players can reinforce our team, because we already have a world-class quality football. The target is to keep our qualities, strengthen them and get rid of our weaknesses.

"We still have to improve offensively, because we are an offensive team. There are people who ask me to change our way to play, but I think we have to keep going with this style of play."

On his plan to travel to South America on holiday, Wenger said:

"I will spent my holidays there, scouting players and meeting people in South America."
Wenger: "The team played some of the best football I saw at Arsenal, but failed to reach the top when needed. It is frustrating and questionning. We need maturity."

General quotes from the interview.

Wenger - We couldn't cope with pressure defensively in the second part of the season. It's been the most frustrating season.

AW - We didn't manage to kill the games, and it's down to maturity.

AW - We'll invest in players who can bring something more to the team, and that won't be easy

AW - We'll invest in defense because it's been our weakness

AW - Defensive players based in Premier League, because we've dropped points in place where it's typical english football

AW - This year, there's no interest for Cesc. So I want to keep him because he's the best midfielder in the world and he's our captain.

AW - What is certain is we won't sell Nasri to Man utd

AW - With Nasri there's a little disagreement on the financial terms of his new contract.

AW - I wont go on holiday, I'll go soon in South America to watch [players]

AW - the target is to keep our qualities, strengthen them and get ride of our weaknesses. We still have to improve offensively.
lowzeewee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Transfers - Wenger's interview.

Post by lowzeewee »

While everyone else in the football world is going to South America during this time to visit the Amazon and take in the sights while chilling with fine babes and drinks, this professor is busy scouting for players. Damn, he needs to get a life :lol:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

quickie wrote:

Q
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Mark Chamberlain (Alex' father.) “Alex is still developing but there’s no better place to develop than at Arsenal and the Premier League.”

''We want Alex to get to Arsenal as soon as possible and continue his development,“

Going by his father's quotes, it looks like he will be joining Arsenal this summer. Despite all the money on offer from Chelski, Manure and Shitty. They are determined the boy join Arsenal.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

According to AST rumours, expect one or two deals to be confirmed by the 10th of this month if things go to plan. :thumb: :thumb:
realtrouble

Post by realtrouble »

Waffi, if AW doesn't deliver on the promise below, can both agree that he should go.
General quotes from the interview.

Wenger - We couldn't cope with pressure defensively in the second part of the season. It's been the most frustrating season.

AW - We didn't manage to kill the games, and it's down to maturity.

AW - We'll invest in players who can bring something more to the team, and that won't be easy

AW - We'll invest in defense because it's been our weakness

AW - Defensive players based in Premier League, because we've dropped points in place where it's typical english football

AW - This year, there's no interest for Cesc. So I want to keep him because he's the best midfielder in the world and he's our captain.

AW - What is certain is we won't sell Nasri to Man utd

AW - With Nasri there's a little disagreement on the financial terms of his new contract.

AW - I wont go on holiday, I'll go soon in South America to watch [players]

AW - the target is to keep our qualities, strengthen them and get ride of our weaknesses. We still have to improve offensively.
Naijatom
Egg
Egg

Post by Naijatom »

Before we talk of signings can we please get rid of DEADWOOD...

In addition to all the obvious names being put about (Bendtner/Almunia/Denilson), I would also like to buy Rosicky a 2nd class National Express Coach ticket out of London.