Amodu: Siasia Has Done Well & I Am Not Coming Back

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Maradona
Eaglet
Eaglet
Amodu: Siasia Has Done Well & I Am Not Coming Back

Post by Maradona »

Guys, I was watching the weekly sports programme on BEN TV and the programme featured a phone call to coach Amodu.

I cannot write everything he said, but the gist of it is that the great man felt Siasia "has done well so far", and he also indicated that he would not be interested in coming back. :woot: :thumb:

He was asked whether Siasia should be fired and whether a foreign or local coach should replace him. Coach Amodu said the nationality doesn't matter, provided the individual is competent.

Furthermore, the presenter then stated that from all indications and from sources at the NFF, it is looking likely that Keshi will replace Siasia, although nothing has been confirmed and no decision has yet been made.

Who else watched the programme?
BTW, the two guys in the studio disagreed with each other. The presenter wanted Siasia sacked, while the other guy (probably one of the Siasia CE fans) wanted him to continue at the helm.

It was interesting, but coach Amodu is a man of class, integrity and he was very very diplomatic. What a classy fellow!!! :D
The danger in hunting down evil, is that you gradually become that which you seek to destroy..

"While this Czech man is impressive, d#$% Cheney, Don Rumsfeld and the rest of the US Republican establishment have been living without a heart for a far longer time." - Scipio Africanus' reaction to news that a Czech man had undergone a surgical procedure that enabled him to live for 6 months without a heart.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Amodu: Siasia Has Done Well & I Am Not Coming Back

Post by Damunk »

Amodu has learnt the art of diplomacy a little too late.
One upon a time he would routinely blame any bad results or bad performances on his players and take no responsibility himself.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Damunk wrote:Amodu has learnt the art of diplomacy a little too late.
One upon a time he would routinely blame any bad results or bad performances on his players and take no responsibility himself.
You don't know him so please spare him that patronizing comment. The man knows the sort of people he is dealing with and he speaks their language. You wont see him bad mouth his colleagues you can take that to the bank. In Naija circles if you are diplomatic as you guys want it, they would climb all over you, they would call you mugu. When he mellowed down , they said he was begging, when he came out with guns blazing they said he was not diplomatic. The issue with Nigerian public is that a lot of people are moved by their emotion and they do not subscribe to any form of etiquette.

The fact remains diplomacy or no diplomacy, those who do not like him will still hate, he does not have to pander to them, all he needs to do is face his job. But the man's integrity is such that he would not bad mouth anyone just to get ahead in life.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
PapaK
Egg
Egg

Post by PapaK »

Amodu is being dishonest. There's no way a Naija coach that couldn't qualify for ANC can be said to have done well. We always compete for the gold. Non-qualification for the tourney is just inexcusable, diplomacy or not.
Never enter into a quarrel with an id!ot, lest he drag you down to his level and then beat you up with experience.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

PapaK wrote:Amodu is being dishonest. There's no way a Naija coach that couldn't qualify for ANC can be said to have done well. We always compete for the gold. Non-qualification for the tourney is just inexcusable, diplomacy or not.
I don't think he is being dishonest, the fact is removing all forms of emotion, i believe SSS did well and i believe he was on to something, but his ego and pride destroyed him. You may have ability but if you don't check those two follies, they would always bring you crashing down. A coach can do well and still fail, in sports things are not that clear cut. If you mark SSS on targets alone , he failed. But if we are to mark him on what he is trying to do, i would give him a pass mark. But the question hanging on his head remains does he have the temperament to steady the ship? I always dread people who put themselves before the assignment, this for me is where SSS ticks the red for me.

As far as the team is concerned i love somethings i saw, if i was a betting man, i would have had no problem putting my money on the team beating Guinea, but if i knew there was so much confusion going behind the scene such as going into the match without your best keeper and not even knowing the rules of the competition, i would withhold my money.

When the time comes to analyse why he failed to qualify in a cooler atmosphere, the truth would be told that, inexperience killed him. What he was trying to do with all that discipline shenanigan can only be done with a guarantee from your employer assuring you that you have a free licence including missing out of the ANC if need be. But caught in his own hype he rocked the boat more when the boat needed to be steadied. Qualify first then use the window to discipline your players. We all hail Westerhoff for instilling discipline, history would tell us that Westerhoff never endangered the team in the name of discipline. An example is the case of Friday Ekpo, Westerhoff perservered with him until he found Oliseh, as soon as Oliseh was ready he cut Ekpo loose, even as popular as Ekpo was back then, when the fans saw Oliseh, they threw Ekpo under the molue bus.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Maradona wrote:Guys, I was watching the weekly sports programme on BEN TV and the programme featured a phone call to coach Amodu.

I cannot write everything he said, but the gist of it is that the great man felt Siasia "has done well so far", and he also indicated that he would not be interested in coming back. :woot: :thumb:

He was asked whether Siasia should be fired and whether a foreign or local coach should replace him. Coach Amodu said the nationality doesn't matter, provided the individual is competent.

Furthermore, the presenter then stated that from all indications and from sources at the NFF, it is looking likely that Keshi will replace Siasia, although nothing has been confirmed and no decision has yet been made.

BTW, the two guys in the studio disagreed with each other. The presenter wanted Siasia sacked, while the other guy (probably one of the Siasia CE fans) wanted him to continue at the helm.

It was interesting, but coach Amodu is a man of class, integrity and he was very very diplomatic. What a classy fellow!!! :D
Are you sure that interview was with Amodu, or Oloye?
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

YemiBrazil wrote:
Maradona wrote:Guys, I was watching the weekly sports programme on BEN TV and the programme featured a phone call to coach Amodu.

Are you sure that interview was with Amodu, or Oloye?
If na me i wont be that diplomatic :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PapaK
Egg
Egg

Post by PapaK »

:thumbs: :thumbs: i bow. Top analysis
oloye wrote:
PapaK wrote:Amodu is being dishonest. There's no way a Naija coach that couldn't qualify for ANC can be said to have done well. We always compete for the gold. Non-qualification for the tourney is just inexcusable, diplomacy or not.
I don't think he is being dishonest, the fact is removing all forms of emotion, i believe SSS did well and i believe he was on to something, but his ego and pride destroyed him. You may have ability but if you don't check those two follies, they would always bring you crashing down. A coach can do well and still fail, in sports things are not that clear cut. If you mark SSS on targets alone , he failed. But if we are to mark him on what he is trying to do, i would give him a pass mark. But the question hanging on his head remains does he have the temperament to steady the ship? I always dread people who put themselves before the assignment, this for me is where SSS ticks the red for me.

As far as the team is concerned i love somethings i saw, if i was a betting man, i would have had no problem putting my money on the team beating Guinea, but if i knew there was so much confusion going behind the scene such as going into the match without your best keeper and not even knowing the rules of the competition, i would withhold my money.

When the time comes to analyse why he failed to qualify in a cooler atmosphere, the truth would be told that, inexperience killed him. What he was trying to do with all that discipline shenanigan can only be done with a guarantee from your employer assuring you that you have a free licence including missing out of the ANC if need be. But caught in his own hype he rocked the boat more when the boat needed to be steadied. Qualify first then use the window to discipline your players. We all hail Westerhoff for instilling discipline, history would tell us that Westerhoff never endangered the team in the name of discipline. An example is the case of Friday Ekpo, Westerhoff perservered with him until he found Oliseh, as soon as Oliseh was ready he cut Ekpo loose, even as popular as Ekpo was back then, when the fans saw Oliseh, they threw Ekpo under the molue bus.
Never enter into a quarrel with an id!ot, lest he drag you down to his level and then beat you up with experience.
realtrouble

Post by realtrouble »

Oloye, Siasia problem is not inexperience but arrogance. Siasia is the most prepared manager for the SE having played at the highest level and coached the SE to U21 final and Olympic final.
His behaviour with the SE is no different from his arrogance behaviour with the Olympic team in 2008, where he dropped Mikel and had some public altercation with Osaze.

oloye wrote:

Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Catalyst »

Show me. Show me that you did not just make that up.

Then Show me where he said something that is different from what he said a couple of days ago about the game.

I will wait for you [fingers crossed].
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif
realtrouble

Post by realtrouble »

:mrgreen:
Catalyst wrote:

Then Show me where he said something that is different from what he said a couple of days ago about the game.

Catalyst, let me assist you....
2010 World Cup: Amodu blasts Kanu, Ik Uche , says it’s not over yet - Apologises to Nigerians - Blames players’ poor attitude
By Olawale Olaniyan - 11.09.2009

A Nigerian fan demonstrates
patriotism during the Super
Eagles clash with Tunisia
in Abuja.EMBATTLED Super Eagles coach, Shaibu Amodu has hit out at Portsmouth striker, Kanu Nwankwo for failing to impose his presence as a leader of the team, during the 2010 World Cup qualifier against the Carthage Eagles of Tunisia at the National stadium, Abuja last Sunday which ended in a 2-2 draw.

Speaking on brilafm, the former coach of BCC Lions stated that Kanu given his position in the team had a share of the blame.

“Kanu should have taken the responsibility and ensured that the game was okay but in football, you don’t apportion too much blames to the players," Amodu said disgustedly after the match which has him criticisms from the sporting press.

The Edo State-born tactician also expressed displeasure with the performance of Ikechukwu Uche in the game against Tunisia saying, the Getafe of Spain lad with four goals in the kitty failed to prove himself as a striker.

“In fact, our players disappointed us because it cannot be because Kanu did not come in in time, that is why we were so careless with the way we played and the way we conceded two goals,” said the former trainer of Orlando Pirates of South Africa.

HOWEVER, Nigeria Head Coach, Shaibu Amodu on Thursday apologised to Nigerians for Sunday’s 2-2 draw with Tunisia’s Carthage Eagles in a crucial 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifier in Abuja and promised that the hope of qualifying for the Mundial is not over yet for the country.

“I want to use this opportunity to apologise to Nigerians as a whole, on behalf of myself, other members of the technical crew and the players. It was one match we expected to win to move to the top of the table, but through carelessness and poor attitude, we could not win.

“It was a bad result, no doubt. It was not the result that our teeming fans had expected, and it was certainly not the result that our leaders who had done everything to encourage us expected. We are saddened by what happened.

“At the end of the day, I will still blame poor attitude by the players. We did not show enough professionalism and experience in keeping advantage. That is very rather strange at this level of the game.”
Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Catalyst »

Realtrouble,

you fell for the trap.

Let me see if you get the clue in the message I left for Damunk - assuming you read my post carefully...
Count me out of Eagles job - Amodu

on what he felt went wrong in the Guinea game, he said, “the Super Eagles players didn’t show enough commitment to lead Nigeria to the Africa Cup of Nations 2012. We had a lot of chances begging to be connected. We could have killed the game in the first half of the match. The boys were playing as if there was nothing at stake. The Guinean had their chances and all they did was convert. Nigerians are right to be angry.”
Catalyst wrote:Show me. Show me that you did not just make that up.

Consistent. Showing class by supporting a fellow coach. That is what maradona is talking about and Damunk missed.

Do you have any else to say?
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

RT:
Did you even understand what you read?
Yep, dude was mad but refused to put all the blame on the players.
realtrouble wrote:
2010 World Cup: Amodu blasts Kanu, Ik Uche , says it’s not over yet - Apologises to Nigerians - Blames players’ poor attitude
By Olawale Olaniyan - 11.09.2009

A Nigerian fan demonstrates
patriotism during the Super
Eagles clash with Tunisia
in Abuja.EMBATTLED Super Eagles coach, Shaibu Amodu has hit out at Portsmouth striker, Kanu Nwankwo for failing to impose his presence as a leader of the team, during the 2010 World Cup qualifier against the Carthage Eagles of Tunisia at the National stadium, Abuja last Sunday which ended in a 2-2 draw.

Speaking on brilafm, the former coach of BCC Lions stated that Kanu given his position in the team had a share of the blame.

“Kanu should have taken the responsibility and ensured that the game was okay but in football, you don’t apportion too much blames to the players," Amodu said disgustedly after the match which has him criticisms from the sporting press.

The Edo State-born tactician also expressed displeasure with the performance of Ikechukwu Uche in the game against Tunisia saying, the Getafe of Spain lad with four goals in the kitty failed to prove himself as a striker.

“In fact, our players disappointed us because it cannot be because Kanu did not come in in time, that is why we were so careless with the way we played and the way we conceded two goals,” said the former trainer of Orlando Pirates of South Africa.

HOWEVER, Nigeria Head Coach, Shaibu Amodu on Thursday apologised to Nigerians for Sunday’s 2-2 draw with Tunisia’s Carthage Eagles in a crucial 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifier in Abuja and promised that the hope of qualifying for the Mundial is not over yet for the country.

“I want to use this opportunity to apologise to Nigerians as a whole, on behalf of myself, other members of the technical crew and the players. It was one match we expected to win to move to the top of the table, but through carelessness and poor attitude, we could not win.

“It was a bad result, no doubt. It was not the result that our teeming fans had expected, and it was certainly not the result that our leaders who had done everything to encourage us expected. We are saddened by what happened.

“At the end of the day, I will still blame poor attitude by the players. We did not show enough professionalism and experience in keeping advantage. That is very rather strange at this level of the game.”
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Shame the other dude doesn't seem bothered to learn the art at all... :oops:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

I agree with Amodu that Siasia has done well considering his experience and capability. What is clear is that Siasia's best (Non qualification for ANC) is not good enough for the SE.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

realtrouble wrote:Oloye, Siasia problem is not inexperience but arrogance. Siasia is the most prepared manager for the SE having played at the highest level and coached the SE to U21 final and Olympic final.
His behaviour with the SE is no different from his arrogance behaviour with the Olympic team in 2008, where he dropped Mikel and had some public altercation with Osaze.
You blind worshippers tend to embelish too much but what else is new? The most high profile clubs Siasia ever played for are Lokeren and Nantes and he was on the bench half the time. To equate sittng on the bench for either one of these two clubs to having played at the highest level is a bit of a stretch :!:

Cheers.
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Whatever you think of Amodu. His maturity is admirable

Post by ugly boy »

Whatever you think of Amodu. His maturity is admirable.

Remember when Amodu made comments about Enyeama getting dropped and in Siasia's usual romance with the microphone he responds by blasting critics of his handling of Enyeama. Does anyone notice that Amodu hasn't called for Siaone's sacking. Not only that he has removed himself from the running further refusing to undermine Siasia. The opposite was the case when Amodu fielded a team against France and Siasia openly criticised his lineup. Which by the way backfired since Amodu won the game. What Siasia lacks in Maturity Amodu has plenty of it.

I wish Siaone can borrow a leaf from Amodu on how to be a better personnel manager
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Whatever you think of Amodu. His maturity is admirable

Post by YemiBrazil »

Another one trying to craftily chip something in to turn people against Sia1 - don't worry, sack Sia1 and get a FC! :D :D :D .
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Whatever you think of Amodu. His maturity is admirable

Post by zee »

YemiBrazil wrote:Another one trying to craftily chip something in to turn people against Sia1 - don't worry, sack Sia1 and get a FC! :D :D :D .

Oliseh & Keshi are FCs :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
bully
Egg
Egg

Post by bully »

Catalyst wrote:

Young man don't you think you are spending too much time on inconsequential issues that will not be helpful to your youthful life. Young man take this exhortation from concerned and experienced wise man. Opportunity comes but once. This is the time to build for your future so that in latter years your money will be working for you . You are spending a of lot of time on something that will never help when you get to my age. I notice most people that post here are at the peak of their careers and have invested wisely therefore can afford to spend a lot non quality time on this forum. Please be careful you don't regret all these wasted time on trival issue.Think about your young family their college education and your retirement program. Time wasted is never regained. Emphemeral enjoyment you arw deriving right now is built on thin soil.You have to learn the benefits of delayed gratification and assiduousness as a young man. It pays handsomely in the latter part of your life. Resist the temptation of pursing futile endeavour for immdeate gratification. Thats what you are gaining right now from spending all this time disseminating false rumours and half truths A word is enough for the wise.
Chief Gabtigab
Egg
Egg

Post by Chief Gabtigab »

bully wrote:
Catalyst wrote:

Young man don't you think you are spending too much time on inconsequential issues that will not be helpful to your youthful life. Young man take this exhortation from concerned and experienced wise man. Opportunity comes but once. This is the time to build for your future so that in latter years your money will be working for you . You are spending a of lot of time on something that will never help when you get to my age. I notice most people that post here are at the peak of their careers and have invested wisely therefore can afford to spend a lot non quality time on this forum. Please be careful you don't regret all these wasted time on trival issue.Think about your young family their college education and your retirement program. Time wasted is never regained. Emphemeral enjoyment you arw deriving right now is built on thin soil.You have to learn the benefits of delayed gratification and assiduousness as a young man. It pays handsomely in the latter part of your life. Resist the temptation of pursing futile endeavour for immdeate gratification. Thats what you are gaining right now from spending all this time disseminating false rumours and half truths A word is enough for the wise.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
PT Teacher Oni aka Backstabber. The NFA aka Thieves. Betty "Sisi" Vogts aka Fraudster.
CRIME: Destroying Nigerian Football. VERDICT: GUILTY AS CHARGED. SENTENCE: Na God Go Punish Them.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

bully wrote:
Catalyst wrote:

:???: :???: :???: :shock: :shock: :shock: What in da? :huh: :huh:
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Catalyst »

Chief Gabtigab wrote:
bully wrote:
Catalyst wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I go die oooooooo

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: