Seriously, Why is Nigeria still with Adidas

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bazzwella
Egg
Egg
Seriously, Why is Nigeria still with Adidas

Post by bazzwella »

From what I can see at this Afcon 2013, all the top African sides are with Puma, even the smaller footballing nations are with Puma, so why is Naija still with Adidas like since the beginning of time, or is someone's bread being buttered there?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Seriously, Why is Nigeria still with Adidas

Post by Enugu II »

bazzwella wrote:From what I can see at this Afcon 2013, all the top African sides are with Puma, even the smaller footballing nations are with Puma, so why is Naija still with Adidas like since the beginning of time, or is someone's bread being buttered there?
Oh we should switch because all other African nations are with Puma? Na wao! Bros, how about checking on what Puma's offer is worth as well as other cost/benefit analysis rather than simply because others are with Puma.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Igbanibo
Egg
Egg

Post by Igbanibo »

We are still with Adidas, because they paid off the NFF to accept crappy uniforms and entitlements!
goldenera94
Egg
Egg

Post by goldenera94 »

Because adidas get tribal mark like Ibadan people.
Goldenera94
Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Catalyst »

Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Who wan Naija to wear all the Ankara Print and Damask some teams have been parading in like peacocks?
SE's uniform is very appropriate and simple as far as national team wears are concerned.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

goldenera94 wrote:Because adidas get tribal mark like Ibadan people.
Kai! That was a low blow!!! lol
Chingo Bling
Egg
Egg

Post by Chingo Bling »

cos most Naija (over 25) can at least wear replica Adidas shirts!
If they switch to Puma how many CE members with their pot bellies fit wear those tight shirts?
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

bazzwella wrote:From what I can see at this Afcon 2013, all the top African sides are with Puma, even the smaller footballing nations are with Puma, so why is Naija still with Adidas like since the beginning of time, or is someone's bread being buttered there?
Can we look at the contracts for the respective countries?
bazzwella
Egg
Egg

Post by bazzwella »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Frankly, you can't help but love Nigeria and Nigerians, the responses are wild.
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Enugu II wrote:
Oh we should switch because all other African nations are with Puma? Na wao! Bros, how about checking on what Puma's offer is worth as well as other cost/benefit analysis rather than simply because others are with Puma.
Our jersey is crap sha. We need to shake things up.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

goldenera94 wrote:Because adidas get tribal mark like Ibadan people.
It took a while but I finally get it! :rotf: :rotf:
Bim
Egg
Egg

Post by Bim »

Becouse the german company has understood the Nigerian greed and masterd it . I can tell you from a reliable souce that when adidas contract was about to exspire a memeber of this forum brought a very sweet deal from a small kit manufactureing company the deal was that they (the kid company ) will kit Nigerian from the under13 to the senior Team and they will throw out a compition to Nigerian designers to design the kit and Nigerians will vote via e mail and smsand who wins is the one they will print , they will also put in money for three 1st class friendlies for the SE before every majour tuirnament that we qualify for . The gently man took this to the NFF officials they (the NFF officials ) took this deal to Adidas and asked them to match it

Adidas matched it by inviteing the NFF decition making body to Munich , lourged them in the Kerpinsky hotel (a five diamont Hotel) and paid them 100thousand dollers , went into there wear house picked up some old green and white kits that they had lieying around , slapped some NFF badges on them and gave them out as our new kit and off the NFF officials went .

The kit we are wearing at this Afcon you cannot get to buy , I called ADIDASCITY in munich and asked to by the Afcon Nigerian shirt and the lady on the other line got back to me after keeping me on hold for more than ten minutes just to tell me that they where not made for sale when I asked her that how can we the fans buy the shirt she told me that the kit was not printed for comercial pupposse becouse they did not get any large contract , when I pointed out to her that the Afcon is around the coner , she said I can pay them 50 thousand Euros and trhey will give me the right to print and sell the home shirt replica or I should wait till when the world cup comes around

What thease angel* NFF people dont know is that when oyinbo bribe you he is not shwoing you gratitude he is buying you and when you have been bought the buyer can do anything he wants with you , that is why we have thise ugly shirts from Adidas becouse the people wey suppose go make a deal for a good shrit went there to be bought , and as so we ended up with second hand okirika wake up adidas shirts . So take heart my feloow cybesr we are stuck with thease ugly adidas kit for the next four years becouse the NFF kit decition making body have been bought and fully paid for by ADIDAS inc
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

We are a joke.

I can walk into any puma store and pick up Cameroon Jerseys. I doubt if they even have them in Adidas HQ
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

I recuse myself from any discussion about the kitting deals involving the National teams of Nigeria...lol
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Mister Dolly wrote:I recuse myself from any discussion about the kitting deals involving the National teams of Nigeria...lol
abeg gist us now
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Donzman
Egg
Egg

Post by Donzman »

juventuss wrote:
Mister Dolly wrote:I recuse myself from any discussion about the kitting deals involving the National teams of Nigeria...lol
abeg gist us now
I second that!

I can't bring myself to buy those jerseys, they don't look any different compared to regular training shirts from adidas.
Bim
Egg
Egg

Post by Bim »

juventuss wrote:We are a joke.

I can walk into any puma store and pick up Cameroon Jerseys. I doubt if they even have them in Adidas HQ
Juventus you no read wetin I write ? I say I call Adidas city in Munich , Adidas city nahim be Adidas world HQ , them talk say them no make the shirt for sale na for only natinal team becouse thier projection no feel say we are rich anough as Africans to buy the shirt or for them to print am on a profitable bases but if I as an individual belieave say profit dey inside make I pay them 50thousand dollers them go give me right to print am and go sell for afcon :shock: :shock:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Enugu II wrote:
...our mantra is copy what other do, we never have originality that's bazzwella's view :woot: