Welcome Signs of Planning & Restraint At Glass House

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bell
Welcome Signs of Planning & Restraint At Glass House

Post by Bell »

New Coaches Meet With NFA Feb 3

This Day (Lagos)

January 21, 2004
Posted to the web January 21, 2004

Bibian Onwugbolu
Lagos

The newly appointed coaches to the national teams are to meet with the Secretary General of the Nigeria Football Association (NFA) Chief Taiwo Ogunjobi on February 3 to present their programmes to the football house in Abuja.

The coaches who were named recently include Kadiri Ikhana (U-23), Ismaila Mabo (Falcons), Kafaru Alabi (Flying Eagles), Felix Ibe-Ukwu (U-19 female), Godwin Izilien (Golden Eaglets), and Philip Tela 5-A-side.

Spokesman of the NFA, Sam Kaalu said the meeting would enable the coaches present their programmes to the FA. Kaalu explained that the coaches have been given a free hands to select their assistants.

Speaking on the selection of the coaches, Kaalu said that the coaches were picked based on the recommendation of the Technical Committee, which screened them. He said the process was part of the FA's plan to 'reinvent Nigeria football'.

It would be recalled that coach Kadiri Ikhana led Enyimba to victory in the CAF Champions League, while Ismaila Mabo won gold with the female football team at the last All Africa Games held in Abuja.
Bell
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

Reinvent Nigerian football. Interesting.
who no know go know.
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

As they always present their programme every year and they still ended up with fire brigade approach every mothafu'ing time.....Infact, OBJ should just disband NFA for real! :evil:
or is it the coaches that don't always come up with good programmes as to whichever teams they are handling??
Na who persin go blame sef...coaches or NFA?? Me, myself and I will NFA!
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

Make dem let persin hear word.
who no know go know.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

One of the first things to do is send these guys on fresher courses.

The second thing that needs doing in my opinion is create an enabling environment for football academys to be set up in Nigeria. I'd rather these football academies were run by the private sector.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

cchinukw wrote:One of the first things to do is send these guys on fresher courses.

The second thing that needs doing in my opinion is create an enabling environment for football academys to be set up in Nigeria. I'd rather these football academies were run by the private sector.
Solid ideas. I concur.

I also suggest that a technical evaluation panel be setup by the NFA to evaluate periodically the the technical knowledge and applications of these knowlege in actual matches (be it friendlies, qualifications or tournament matches).

It is important to provide a structure which allows easy analysis and feedback from matches, so as to apply them to future games.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

nothingnnew here :roll:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Well let's see them happen. period

Bell

Post by Bell »

ACADEMIES ARE NOT THE ONLY ROUTE

I'm sure if Nigerians put in the time they can come up with alternatives for developing young soccer talents besides the much-touted academy approach. Sometimes I think Nigerians are too strongly disposed to mindlessly copying anything done in Europe.
Bell
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

The NFA starts out with good intentions, only to see those initiatives come to zilt due to lack of promotion.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
lagos777
Egg
Egg

Post by lagos777 »

Bell wrote:ACADEMIES ARE NOT THE ONLY ROUTE

I'm sure if Nigerians put in the time they can come up with alternatives for developing young soccer talents besides the much-touted academy approach. Sometimes I think Nigerians are too strongly disposed to mindlessly copying anything done in Europe.
Bell
Bell , if it works why knock it. Do you think acedemies don't work ? Or you just don't like it becos it's a "European " idea ?
Mike Ditka quote :
"I didn't say it in those general terms but I said it like that".
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

I think academies are a good approach so long as the players are thought properly. i also believe refresher courses are good maybe even a UEFA Coaching course might be useful
La Reussi
Egg
Egg

Post by La Reussi »

The NFA is surely on the right track.Pls let's learn to praise when it's due.Destructive criticisms seems to be the order of the day here,anytime NFA is mentioned.Are we saying they don't do anything well?Pllsssssssssssss

La Reussi
In all things and every situation, give thanks to God.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

They bungle most things La Reussi. They are paid to be effective. Also I hate the sight of people overseeing a sport like football with goal baskets protruding from their stomachs. It adds to the general foreboding.

I shall eat my words if we go far in the ANC tourney