Article by Prof Chuka Onwumechili, home v foreign coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Pounded Yam
Egg
Egg
Re: Article by Prof Chuka Onwumechili, home v foreign coach

Post by Pounded Yam »

Great insight ABC.

Edited.
Did the author beg you to identify him by his CE handle?
:roll:
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

One must be cautious, however, in attributing away game successes to all local coaches because a bulk of those away victories came under just one of them — Shaibu Amodu.

Amodu currently holds the Nigerian record of winning six consecutive competitive games and holds the record for largest margin of away victory by the senior national team. No other Nigerian coach has done this. Thus, winning away cannot be attributed to the fact that Amodu is “local.” Just like in Westerhoff’s case, we have to seek the key explanation elsewhere!
http://www.naijafootball247.com/2013/02 ... coach.html
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Now that's what I call analysis. I'm gonna post on my Facebook later. :twisted:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Pounded Yam
Egg
Egg

Post by Pounded Yam »

Pounded Yam wrote:Great insight ABC.

Edited.
I guess he begged you to hide his handle? :glare:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Pounded Yam wrote:

Edited.
If he insists on being identified, he wouldn't use a handle. It is his prerogative, not yours. If you like, you can 'expose' yourself, not others.
You don't take liberties with others.
Gerrit?

Its why I'm a moderator. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Pounded Yam
Egg
Egg

Post by Pounded Yam »

Damunk wrote:
Pounded Yam wrote:

Edited.
If he insists on being identified, he wouldn't use a handle. It is his prerogative, not yours. If you like, you can 'expose' yourself, not others.
Gerrit?

Why are you getting so hot under the collar for? Has he ever hidden who he is? Abeg go and muderate yourself! :boo: :boo:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Pounded Yam wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Pounded Yam wrote:

Edited.
Gerrit?

Why are you getting so hot under the collar for? Has he ever hidden who he is? Abeg go and muderate yourself! :boo: :boo:
Story.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Pounded Yam
Egg
Egg

Post by Pounded Yam »

Mr Murderator, how come you didn't get your knickers twisted on the thread below? Abi dey short your ration today? Anu...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=231387
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Pounded Yam wrote:Mr Murderator, how come you didn't get your knickers twisted on the thread below? Abi dey short your ration today? Anu...

Touche !!!
:laugh: :laugh:
YNWA
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Excellent write up backed up by data, not the peppersoup gist we are accustomed to here. Why can't we give the author credit by using his CE handle? Did he request this or is this just a moderator trying to overdo? I can understand if he wrote the article under his CE moniker and someone revealed his real name. Some of our moderators are really backwards .. literally. :D
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Pounded Yam wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Pounded Yam wrote:

Edited.
Gerrit?

You don't get it do you? The difference between Ayo Akinfe handle and Pounded Yam is Ayo wanted to use his name as an handle and PY do not. A forumer who once had a disagreement with Gotti found his name and send a scurillious email to his office...is that acceptable? Is that what you want? Why don't you just take corrections and move on....is that too much to ask?
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

furiously frank wrote:
Pounded Yam wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Pounded Yam wrote:

Edited.
Gerrit?

You don't get it do you? The difference between Ayo Akinfe handle and Pounded Yam is Ayo wanted to use his name as an handle and PY do not. A forumer who once had a disagreement with Gotti found his name and send a scurillious email to his office...is that acceptable? Is that what you want? Why don't you just take corrections and move on....is that too much to ask?

But wasn't that forumer rewarded with a morderatorship position? :D
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
omoelenia
Egg
Egg

Post by omoelenia »

furiously frank wrote:
Pounded Yam wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Pounded Yam wrote:

Edited.
Gerrit?

Oh hoooo.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Pounded Yam wrote:Mr Murderator, how come you didn't get your knickers twisted on the thread below? Abi dey short your ration today? Anu...

I am just seeing that post for the first time. Robbynice was wrong to have done that. I don't even know if SS is the same as the handle used on that thread. People should be more careful about disclosing such information. I will query Robbynice and edit that piece too! Because someone else did it does not excuse you. You should know better as you continue to use Pounded Yam instead of your name
Langston Hughes, 1923
Godfather
Egg
Egg

Post by Godfather »

“Achebe was a writer in whose company the Prison walls fell down.” – Dr. Nelson Mandela.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

1naija wrote:
furiously frank wrote:
Pounded Yam wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Pounded Yam wrote:

Edited.
Gerrit?

You are a trouble maker :D I think we should ban you to Afghan-Astra-nistan! Where you can join Rossike to argue in an empty room :twisted:
On a more serious note, I can't recall exactly ...but there is always room for redemption....I hope Pounded Yam will one day become a moderator....the fact that he makes the mistake on this thread should not define him forever :smile:
Langston Hughes, 1923
Pounded Yam
Egg
Egg

Post by Pounded Yam »

furiously frank wrote:
1naija wrote:
furiously frank wrote:
Pounded Yam wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Pounded Yam wrote:

Edited.
Gerrit?

You are a trouble maker :D I think we should ban you to Afghan-Astra-nistan! Where you can join Rossike to argue in an empty room :twisted:
On a more serious note, I can't recall exactly ...but there is always room for redemption....I hope Pounded Yam will one day become a moderator....the fact that he makes the mistake on this thread should not define him forever :smile:
FF, thanks for the lecture. However, it appears that you and Damunk are the ones missing the point. Please see below...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48530&hilit=making+ ... s+Enugu+11
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

My broda, your link explains nothing. The current rule was put in place after some unsavory experiences in recent past. Even if the author of that book in the referenced thread outed himself which I doubt he did, I don't think it gives you any moral right to do what you did on this thread. The facts that folks try to link the moniker to the book meant nothing. When he started using his name as his handle then it should be free for all. Ayo Akinfe never complains when his name is dragged in the mud, because he used his name as his handle.
he may have responded to that book on that thread but nowhere did he gave you a filip to start outing him the way you did on this thread. Please let it rest. I am sure we have all learned our lessons. Even if I know your names and you are my best friend (sans 1naija) I will not brazenly disclose your identity without permission. Your "tu quoque" is highly persuasive but it is still a red herring. Let's learn from this and move on. I have explained the reason why we put in place the new rule after that experience. We are all bound by it. Believe me stuff have happened here that makes it incumbent to respect that rule. I hope you will not be the victim of such diabolical acts. Thanks
Langston Hughes, 1923
Pounded Yam
Egg
Egg

Post by Pounded Yam »

furiously frank wrote:My broda, your link explains nothing. The current rule was put in place after some unsavory experiences in recent past. Even if the author of that book in the referenced thread outed himself which I doubt he did, I don't think it gives you any moral right to do what you did on this thread. The facts that folks try to link the moniker to the book meant nothing. When he started using his name as his handle then it should be free for all. Ayo Akinfe never complains when his name is dragged in the mud, because he used his name as his handle.
he may have responded to that book on that thread but nowhere did he gave you a filip to start outing him the way you did on this thread. Please let it rest. I am sure we have all learned our lessons. Even if I know your names and you are my best friend (sans 1naija) I will not brazenly disclose your identity without permission. Your "tu quoque" is highly persuasive but it is still a red herring. Let's learn from this and move on. I have explained the reason why we put in place the new rule after that experience. We are all bound by it. Believe me stuff have happened here that makes it incumbent to respect that rule. I hope you will not be the victim of such diabolical acts. Thanks
Bros, no wahala. Point taken. :smile:

My apologies to the author if any offense was caused.
CMS
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by CMS »

furiously frank wrote:
Pounded Yam wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Pounded Yam wrote:

Edited.
Gerrit?

That is a profound lie. Nothing about this inference and story is true. Assuming this is a true story is tantamount to taking sides and assuming that Gotti was telling the truth. If you want to revisit this we can. Again it is nothing but a big fat lie. I'll suggest we get the facts right before embarking on such a statement. I'm not dead you know and I resent this inference.
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

Keshi said that before the team arrived South Africa that he told skipper Joseph Yobo that the Eagles were going to win the Cup but the former Everton defender did not believe.
:lol:
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

CMS wrote:
furiously frank wrote:
Pounded Yam wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Pounded Yam wrote:

Edited.
Gerrit?

That is a profound lie. Nothing about this inference and story is true. Assuming this is a true story is tantamount to taking sides and assuming that Gotti was telling the truth. If you want to revisit this we can. Again it is nothing but a big fat lie. I'll suggest we get the facts right before embarking on such a statement. I'm not dead you know and I resent this inference.
I am not sure you and I are talking about the same incident. Please let it go. No offense.
Langston Hughes, 1923