Arsenal-Related News & Developments - 2013/2014 Season

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

zoldsasok
Egg
Egg
Re: Arsenal-Related News & Developments - 2013/2014 Season

Post by zoldsasok »

anikulapo wrote:Er, I hate to say it because he appears to be a great team guy, but does it seem to anyone that Nacho Monreal would be better suited for La Liga than the EPL :idea: :idea: I mean the gap between him and Gibbs is now as deep as a bottomless pit. Dude is too slow and too soft for this league.

I think its time to send him back and make a bid for Luke Shaw :idea: Just saying
Anikulapo you don watch the game, say what you may about the way your boy Flamini left, he looked and played like he never left, with fire and organizing the midfield :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Ozil for 50million€ :mad: GTFOH :twisted:

That better not be true :shock: better we don't sign anyone than that B.S. :roll:

Hell we could still get Suarez or even Cesc back for that :ohmy: :curse:

Better not be true oh
Cesc is wants to remain at Barca, LFC won't sell Suarez to Arsenal.

Fookin jizz myself if AFC acquire Ozil.
Bros you are missing the point? We have more important needs than Ozil, who also is a massive Prima Donna :idea:

DiMaria and Khedira would be huge for us!!

Barca will kick out Cesc if we gave em 50 mill :idea: Liverpool will do the same to Suarez if we did the same ... And that's my point ... I would take either over Ozil, and this doesn't mean he is not a good player.

Di Maria would be huge but Real seem intent on keeping him and his highness c.ronaldo categorically said they should....i highly doubt he leaves. He's hard working and helps in defense and would help fill the need around the wings but yeah, i think ozil is more likely, real is bursting to the seams in ozil's position.

khedira? almost zero chance...real's DM is weak....xabi is hurt, illara is taking time to adjust and casemiro isnt someone u give the keys to quite yet....

If Arsenal got suarez and ozil, it'd be over for the rest:P

Wait oh, doesn't Illuminati :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: and Xavi Alonso play the same role as Khedira? I know Alonzo is injured, not sure about Illuminati :mrgreen:

Anyway, like I have said before, I will wait until I see a player holding a jersey on Arsenal.com before even making any pronouncements. But Ozil for that amount when we have so many similar players just doesn't go down well with me :idea:
I agree, there are other needs but this is a steal....think of it....is Bale better than Ozil in your eyes? He isnt in mine....Real just paid 85mil pounds for the Spud and are asking Arsenal for 38mil pounds for Ozil, shoot, bite their hands off and keep it moving...

Here's the thing though, what are the other pressing needs? DM is locked, the only other i see is striker and i think that'll be addressed...

Like I said the other time, even holding jersey aint enough for me, not until i see them train and play games do i fully believe :D

Illara is taking longer to adjust than Real anticipated, saw him in preseason, didnt look like the same guy from sociedad at all...
You don't think we need wingers?
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

zoldsasok wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Er, I hate to say it because he appears to be a great team guy, but does it seem to anyone that Nacho Monreal would be better suited for La Liga than the EPL :idea: :idea: I mean the gap between him and Gibbs is now as deep as a bottomless pit. Dude is too slow and too soft for this league.

I think its time to send him back and make a bid for Luke Shaw :idea: Just saying
Anikulapo you don watch the game, say what you may about the way your boy Flamini left, he looked and played like he never left, with fire and organizing the midfield :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Ol Boy, he played against a clueless team going forward with no true midfield playmaker :idea: While he balled, he still showed that he is reckless in his tackles and is a red card waiting to happen.

Ok maybe Im bitter because he was my favorite player of the Arsenal squad that I loved the best and the team has never been the same since he turned Judas, so abeg Im not over that betrayal yet :D
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

bepanda wrote:Arsenal needs a physical player in midfield. Right now, they are really not strong enough in the middle of the pitch.
Wilshere, Ramsey, Flamini, Arteta, Rosicky, Diaby and even Cazorla are not going to be able to sustain today's effort over a 9 months period with 2 games per week, including National teams internationals, Champions league, League cups, FA Cup.
Adding Ozil simply adds another light weight in midfield, regardless of where he plays (in the hole, on the left or on the right), especially when we consider the amount of money they are about to pay for him.
If Arsenal will spend $40+ millions, that would really be way too much money. I assume an Ozil arrival would probably see Rosicky relegated to the Bench.
Regardless, this is going to be an interesting 18-24 hours.

Physical players who can pass the ball like Arsene wants are not exactly growing on trees. Arteta lays the role, Ramsey did it too, now Flamini has come in. You guys need to drop this physical player talk already. There're no Pogba's coming to Arsenal or kondogbias or capoues, and guilavogui has gone elsewhere...watch flamini! just watch....
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

Robbynice wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cally wrote:Arsenal fans are so annoying, you can't believe it. All we've heard all summer is that the club refused to spend on top class players. Today, they spend on a proven top class player, and people are whining about amount.

Aniks, you've been very vocal in calling the club out. I expected you will be happy that we are spending good money. I will take 50m pounds on Ozil.

It's a landmark deal for Arsenal, if true. I will wait for confirmation before I speak further.

As for the CE coach, Skylolo has said it all...almost. Better to ignore the troll.
but have "we" really signed him?
We will and it will be announced tomorrow... :D
Damn I can't even believe what, I am reading self. The same Aniks that was screaming pages back that Suarez is not worth the amount we were said to be bidding for, now all of a sudden we should bid the purported 50 Million for Suarez later. Na real wa for Arsenal fans ooh.

Anyways, I will wait and see Ozil hold the Arsenal shirt first but for the life of me, how anyone can find anything to criticize about this coup is beyond me.

At this point, looks like no matter who we bring in now, quality or not everyone will criticize. :D :D
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

mmeny wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cally wrote:Arsenal fans are so annoying, you can't believe it. All we've heard all summer is that the club refused to spend on top class players. Today, they spend on a proven top class player, and people are whining about amount.

Aniks, you've been very vocal in calling the club out. I expected you will be happy that we are spending good money. I will take 50m pounds on Ozil.

It's a landmark deal for Arsenal, if true. I will wait for confirmation before I speak further.

As for the CE coach, Skylolo has said it all...almost. Better to ignore the troll.
Damn I can't even believe what, I am reading self. The same Aniks that was screaming pages back that Suarez is not worth the amount we were said to be bidding for, now all of a sudden we should bid the purported 50 Million for Suarez later. Na real wa for Arsenal fans ooh.

Anyways, I will wait and see Ozil hold the Arsenal shirt first but for the life of me, how anyone can find anything to criticize about this coup is beyond me.

At this point, looks like no matter who we bring in now, quality or not everyone will criticize. :D :D

Bushman, I don't believe either one of them are worth the money, but If I were to choose a position to fill our needs, I would chose getting a proven EPL striker, instead of another A.M. who is a major prima donna and will need time to adapt to the EPL

MLK.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

aniks,

It depends on how useful the fullbacks are in joining the attack. It'd be great to have a versatile winger like Di Maria but I wouldn't be angry if the team didn't find someone.
A winger isn't an obvious need...what we needed urgently was a defensive minded mid who could pass and loved the tackles and nitty gritty, flamini....perfect.
Team needed competition for Szczesny since fabianski isn't growing into that role, looks like viviano will come in....perfect.
Another need would be striker...risky to go with only giroud and sanogo with podolski as emergency...you have seen the team create a hatful of chances but no one to finish abi? Even Giroud wants another striker...i'd say that's a major need but you dont pass on ozil at that price. He's better than Santi!

So if you ask me, the need that seems unanswered now is a striker but who? Team will bid for Suarez again if I've read the rumors right, that's all you can ask? Abel Hernandez' name is flying around too....so there's that. Don't be vexed at the money, no be we get am.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

anikulapo wrote:
mmeny wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Bushman, I don't believe either one of them are worth the money, but If I were to choose a position to fill our needs, I would chose getting a proven EPL striker, instead of another A.M. who is a major prima donna and will need time to adapt to the EPL
See this cunny man :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Please which player is worth this amount because, I am not sure any more. We bid for Suarez who na say he is not worth that amount ? Looks like Ozil might be coming in and now he is not worth that amount ? You don dey drop another name Reus ? So is Reus worth the amount we are hearing ?

Meanwhile, this so called Prima donna hasn't kicked the ball yet for Arsenal. :sneaky:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

....John Cross says the deal for Ozil is far from guaranteed. There is talk of it being just a loan as well :idea:
Last edited by anikulapo on Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

mmeny wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
mmeny wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

See this cunny man :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Please which player is worth this amount because, I am not sure any more. We bid for Suarez who na say he is not worth that amount ? Looks like Ozil might be coming in and now he is not worth that amount ? You don dey drop another name Reus ? So is Reus worth the amount we are hearing ?

Meanwhile, this so called Prima donna hasn't kicked the ball yet for Arsenal. :sneaky:

You sef e be like you no serious but na attention you dey seek :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Its funny na only you wey no sabi about soccer outside EPL dey ask kweshions about a well known trait of Mr. Avatar eyes :laugh: :laugh:

And yes, I will say that Reus is worth the money for certain :idea: :idea: Complete baller :thumb:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

platinum wrote:aniks,

It depends on how useful the fullbacks are in joining the attack. It'd be great to have a versatile winger like Di Maria but I wouldn't be angry if the team didn't find someone.
A winger isn't an obvious need...what we needed urgently was a defensive minded mid who could pass and loved the tackles and nitty gritty, flamini....perfect.
Team needed competition for Szczesny since fabianski isn't growing into that role, looks like viviano will come in....perfect.
Another need would be striker...risky to go with only giroud and sanogo with podolski as emergency...you have seen the team create a hatful of chances but no one to finish abi? Even Giroud wants another striker...i'd say that's a major need but you dont pass on ozil at that price. He's better than Santi!
Bros, our fullbacks are useless offensively, they cant beat their man, one vs one or supply a decent cross to save their lives. Walcrap's technical ability and soccer brain are both so faulty, that they are beyond repair. Put Victor Moses in that spot and he will earn 15 assists in a blink of an eye. And on the left side, you give us DiMaria and Lord Have Mercy. Quality, Quality, Quality!!! Is that not what Wenger always says he wants.

He is excellent on his set piece deliveries and on crosses, plus he can beat his man with speed and with skills. He is exactly what we lack and need. Nough Said

MLK.
zoldsasok
Egg
Egg

Post by zoldsasok »

anikulapo wrote:
zoldsasok wrote:

Ol Boy, he played against a clueless team going forward with no true midfield playmaker :idea: While he balled, he still showed that he is reckless in his tackles and is a red card waiting to happen.

Ok maybe Im bitter because he was my favorite player of the Arsenal squad that I loved the best and the team has never been the same since he turned Judas, so abeg Im not over that betrayal yet :D
My man I will take the fire with occasional red card than allow Agbolahan stroll thru our midfield and defense like he did for that AV first goal, remember Viera had his Shari of reds
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

zoldsasok wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
zoldsasok wrote:

My man I will take the fire with occasional red card than allow Agbolahan stroll thru our midfield and defense like he did for that AV first goal, remember Viera had his Shari of reds

True, but there are DMs around for other teams, not saying we could get them all, who do their jobs without being so reckless .... Gundogan, Busquets, Bender, and Gustavo to name a few .... Havent watched Kondogbia much so I cant speak to him even though he is highly rated

MLK.
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

platinum wrote:
bepanda wrote:Arsenal needs a physical player in midfield. Right now, they are really not strong enough in the middle of the pitch.
Wilshere, Ramsey, Flamini, Arteta, Rosicky, Diaby and even Cazorla are not going to be able to sustain today's effort over a 9 months period with 2 games per week, including National teams internationals, Champions league, League cups, FA Cup.
Adding Ozil simply adds another light weight in midfield, regardless of where he plays (in the hole, on the left or on the right), especially when we consider the amount of money they are about to pay for him.
If Arsenal will spend $40+ millions, that would really be way too much money. I assume an Ozil arrival would probably see Rosicky relegated to the Bench.
Regardless, this is going to be an interesting 18-24 hours.

Physical players who can pass the ball like Arsene wants are not exactly growing on trees. Arteta lays the role, Ramsey did it too, now Flamini has come in. You guys need to drop this physical player talk already. There're no Pogba's coming to Arsenal or kondogbias or capoues, and guilavogui has gone elsewhere...watch flamini! just watch....
The Capoue I saw today, I didn't really see anything really physical he did today. On the other hand, boy was it nice to see Wilshere come off and see Flamini come in with some tough tackling and harrying of opponents. When it is all said and done, some players will really have problem getting back into the first team if for a second they get injured.

If we can get Ozil, CF and a GK damn we will be scary. I really hope we get Ozil, just for the show of intent and because he is really a creative beast in the final third especially with his sweet lefty.
zoldsasok
Egg
Egg

Post by zoldsasok »

zoldsasok wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
zoldsasok wrote:

My man I will take the fire with occasional red card than allow Agbolahan stroll thru our midfield and defense like he did for that AV first goal, remember Viera had his share of red cards
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

anikulapo wrote:

Bros, our fullbacks are useless offensively, they cant beat their man, one vs one or supply a decent cross to save their lives. Walcrap's technical ability and soccer brain are both so faulty, that they are beyond repair. Put Victor Moses in that spot and he will earn 15 assists in a blink of an eye. And on the left side, you give us DiMaria and Lord Have Mercy. Quality, Quality, Quality!!! Is that not what Wenger always says he wants.

He is excellent on his set piece deliveries and on crosses, plus he can beat his man with speed and with skills. He is exactly what we lack and need. Nough Said
My brother,

Our fullbacks don't need to be excellent crossers, they just need to be enough of a threat to stretch the field and keep the opposing wing honest and be decent players of the short pass whcih are two things they're good for, that's enough.... We're not built primarily to swing balls into the center for Giroud.

Let me ask, so if we have Walcott on the right and Di Maria on the left, what difference does it make in terms of finishing? If i remember right, there've been games (most games) were we create chance after chance but cant finish then there've been games were the team just seemingly cant make any chances and just has no shots at goal, we saw that a lot last year (the lack of creativity)... Ozil simply helps that creative side.

I'd love to have Draxler, not as an AM but as a Bergkamp type, he could be Bergkamp, his feet are magic and his mind is razor sharp.

Anyhow, I think it's a good deal.
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

anikulapo wrote:
mmeny wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
mmeny wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

You sef e be like you no serious but na attention you dey seek :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Its funny na only you wey no sabi about soccer outside EPL dey ask kweshions about a well known trait of Mr. Avatar eyes :laugh: :laugh:

And yes, I will say that Reus is worth the money for certain :idea: :idea: Complete baller :thumb:
I no blame you.... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

My brother,

Our fullbacks don't need to be excellent crossers, they just need to be enough of a threat to stretch the field and keep the opposing wing honest and be decent players of the short pass whcih are two things they're good for, that's enough.... We're not built primarily to swing balls into the center for Giroud.

Let me ask, so if we have Walcott on the right and Di Maria on the left, what difference does it make in terms of finishing? If i remember right, there've been games (most games) were we create chance after chance but cant finish then there've been games were the team just seemingly cant make any chances and just has no shots at goal, we saw that a lot last year (the lack of creativity)... Ozil simply helps that creative side.

I'd love to have Draxler, not as an AM but as a Bergkamp type, he could be Bergkamp, his feet are magic and his mind is razor sharp.

Bros some people seem to overlook how much of a playmaker a gifted winger can be :idea: Im not talking of just beating your guy to the endline and whipping in crosses. But rather breaking down packed defenses with one vs one moves. All that parking the bus nonsense ceases when your players can break down their man and open gaps in organized defenses.

Walcrap missed sitter after sitter against Fulham and TOTO. His vision and technique are simply appalling that I am shocked when he makes a basic play. I mean the dude has been at Arsenal and has played with some of the most technically gifted players in the world, and is still shyt :roll: :roll: :roll: Don't get it.

And also, with effective wingers you don't need to stretch your defense that much and have overlapping fullbacks as much because they pose such a threat to the opposition :idea:

MLK.
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

Let me stop myself from myself. I will wait til I see Ozil hold up an Arsenal jersey before I peep my pants :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

anikulapo wrote:
platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

My brother,

Bros some people seem to overlook how much of a playmaker a gifted winger can be :idea: Im not talking of just beating your guy to the endline and whipping in crosses. But rather breaking down packed defenses with one vs one moves. All that parking the bus nonsense ceases when your players can break down their man and open gaps in organized defenses.

Walcrap missed sitter after sitter against Fulham and TOTO. His vision and technique are simply appalling that I am shocked when he makes a basic play. I mean the dude has been at Arsenal and has played with some of the most technically gifted players in the world, and is still shyt :roll: :roll: :roll: Don't get it.

And also, with effective wingers you don't need to stretch your defense that much and have overlapping fullbacks as much because they pose such a threat to the opposition :idea:
That was Gervinho...excellent at one-on-ones, pity his head lost signal once he was done with that because the next move whether pass or shoot was lost to the almighty ogo. But Ozil is excellent at breaking teams down, he sees passes even better than Santi, look at it like having TWO Santi's. Forget whether they're wingers or nt, thats a problem for ANY defense.

Don't be surprised to see doses of Gnabry and Ryo...we'll see how it all shakes out. Teams can function without pure wingers down both flanks though, it happens all the time.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
platinum wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

My brother,

That was Gervinho...excellent at one-on-ones, pity his head lost signal once he was done with that because the next move whether pass or shoot was lost to the almighty ogo. But Ozil is excellent at breaking teams down, he sees passes even better than Santi, look at it like having TWO Santi's. Forget whether they're wingers or nt, thats a problem for ANY defense.

Don't be surprised to see doses of Gnabry and Ryo...we'll see how it all shakes out. Teams can function without pure wingers down both flanks though, it happens all the time.
Yeah but that's the problem with Arsenal, they have been lacking true wing players since Pires and the crazy Swede :idea:

And please Ol Boy, you wan compare Headless Yao to Vic Mo or DiMaria :shock: :D And biko no talk this kin things: Ozil a better passer than Santi :shock: :shock: Bros Madrid na my second team after Arsenal, so abeg no tok am again ... There is a reason why I no think say dem suppose pay that much for Ozil :D

MLK.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

anikulapo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:Again I will go totally, completely and utterly mental if AFC acquire Ozil.

On the pitch bar none one of the best CAM in the World. Off the pitch this signing forever changes the perception of Arsenal. Signing Ozil sends a message throughout football that Arsenal are for real, that Arsenal are now big players in the transfer market. Sends a message that Arsenal is a club the truly elite players should have no reservations playing for. If AFC acquire Ozil in a season or two if AFC move for a player like Reus or Gudogan no one will scoff at it, players and agents will react with interest and excitement at the possibility of playing for the Arsenal.

Signings such as Ozil is why Arsenal built the Emirates.
So let me see, you would rather have Ozil over Reus or Cesc? Please tell me you are kidding
Cesc ain't walking through that door, Reus ain't walking trough that door

Options are not limitless Aniks. Ozil would be a steal.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

anikulapo wrote:....John Cross says the deal for Ozil is far from guaranteed. There is talk of it being just a loan as well :idea:
Aniks, let them sign anybody, just anybody and break the jinx of not spending top dollar. We are talking about Ivan the terrible here.
On Ozil, we need quality dept. What if Santi injures? You need a ready made fit.