48 hours to adapt to High altitude conditions

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
48 hours to adapt to High altitude conditions

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nigerian football is never boring. Have they not learn't from the Ethiopia experience. The right approach is to train in an high altitude environment for 2 weeks, use a Hyperbaric chambers to aclamatize to conditions or deal with altitude sickness. They are going to be gasping for air in the 2nd half of the game on Wedensday. @Gin this is another example of the revolving cycle of dumbness. I hope the player can rise up and overcome the self imposed wound caused by the administrators.

" The soft chambers are approved by the FDA for the treatment of altitude sickness"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbaric_medicine
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Babafad
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 48 hours to adapt to High altitude conditions

Post by Babafad »

What I don't understand is why the SE didn't leave Houston on Friday night immediately after the Mexican game??

They left yesterday, arrived Germany (why the hell they went back there I no know!) this morning and will fly out to Kenya on Monday to arrive Ethiopia in the evening (direct flights to Nairobi plenty for Europe! :roll: ) and then fly on to Nairobi, to arrive there on Tuesday morning. It's stupid........just stupid! Whoever their logistics person is, should be sacked.

They should have flown to Nairobi directly from Houston.......IMHO.
Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Babafad wrote:What I don't understand is why the SE didn't leave Houston on Friday night immediately after the Mexican game??

They left yesterday, arrived Germany (why the hell they went back there I no know!) this morning and will fly out to Kenya on Monday to arrive Ethiopia in the evening (direct flights to Nairobi plenty for Europe! :roll: ) and then fly on to Nairobi, to arrive there on Tuesday morning. It's stupid........just stupid! Whoever their logistics person is, should be sacked.

Why are you surprised?
The NFF/NFA are all out useless & are not in a hurry to change!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I was wondering myself. No direct flight from Houston to Nirobi??? shameful.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

....no hope on the thieves. Their defenders go come say I dey too negative.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

...but when I said last time that it affected the team all of una told me to sharr...ne'er mind.. :sleep:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

bret- hart wrote:I was wondering myself. No direct flight from Houston to Nirobi??? shameful.
Exactly. Why did they have to go back to Germany? Does not make any sense. I am not suprised though. The Nigeria FA or FF whatever they are called these days hardly make sense in anything they do.
yes o
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

From what I know, there is no direct flight from Houston to Nairobi...I'm happy to be challenged on this...perhaps they could have flown directly back home then to Kenya

Either way, it was always going to be a long journey (either via Nigeria or Germany)

The game was played on Friday, perhaps they could have flown out on Saturday to arrive (Nigeria or Germany) on Sunday morning the fly to be in Kenya on Sunday night/Monday morning

Hey wait a second..apart from poor scheduling of this friendly in US and not in Europe or even Nigeria, I don't see anything that could have been done to get the players in Ethiopia/Kenya much earlier.
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

England played against Ireland and flew out to Brazil the next day for the friendly. That is what we call good planning.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Sir V wrote:England played against Ireland and flew out to Brazil the next day for the friendly. That is what we call good planning.
I agree to the extent that the planning should have considered direct flights between countries...There are direct flights between Brazil and England but not so Houston (USA) and Kenya

Hopefully this will be considered in the next planning phases
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

akamoke wrote:
Sir V wrote:England played against Ireland and flew out to Brazil the next day for the friendly. That is what we call good planning.
I agree to the extent that the planning should have considered direct flights between countries...There are direct flights between Brazil and England but not so Houston (USA) and Kenya

The NFF guys will never learn, they are in Kenya at the moment drinking Tusker.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Babafad wrote:What I don't understand is why the SE didn't leave Houston on Friday night immediately after the Mexican game??

Chief,

NFF's secretary (who is supposed to handle the bookings) is probably flying around with them and for each drop, the NFF officionados probably pocket something. We must be thankful that they are not flown to Khartoum and made to travel by road for days to Nairobi through war-torn areas with each player handed a Kalashnikov to defend his life if attacked.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

How dem go leave early? You no see the babe with oga Keshi for Robbynice dem pics. If na you, you go leave early? :lol: :lol:
I am happy
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

akamoke wrote:

...may be the flight/travel plans have something to do with some SE hb players being in Germany before last Friday's match, and the biz they were doing with kit sponsors. Short sighted and poor planning all together tho.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

ohenhen1 wrote:Nigerian football is never boring. Have they not learn't from the Ethiopia experience. The right approach is to train in an high altitude environment for 2 weeks, use a Hyperbaric chambers to aclamatize to conditions or deal with altitude sickness. They are going to be gasping for air in the 2nd half of the game on Wedensday. @Gin this is another example of the revolving cycle of dumbness. I hope the player can rise up and overcome the self imposed wound caused by the administrators.

" The soft chambers are approved by the FDA for the treatment of altitude sickness"

And how so many NFL teams go to train in Denver for 2 weeks before they play the Broncos?! :blink:

Dude, we have discussed this infintum before, so please quit with the BS (and for someone that claims to live in "Colorado" befuddling)...
There are 2 standard ways to deal with high altitude: either get there weeks in advance or arrive just before and depart immediately thereafter.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Am sure the plane was hired. Remember that NFF complain of been broke
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Na wa for una sha. Una just cannot wait to find reasons to blame the NFF...This issue has been discussed and over analyzed on the forum already. like Gotti rightly said, "there are 2 standard ways to deal with high altitude: either get there weeks in advance or arrive just before and depart immediately thereafter". The SE are going with the latter. The plan is to arrive Kenya the day before and then leave immediately after taking care of business (Hopefully that will mean getting all 3 points at stake).

With that said, whether you guys like it or not one must commend the NFF for a job well done. They have been doing extremely well for years now but no una no go see that one. When was the last time the players complained about unpaid bonuses? When was the last time a friendly game was cancelled? I mean nothing wrong in constructive criticism but lets not go out looking for something just to blame the NFF. Haba...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=195559
Enugu II wrote:Sublimeskills:

This issue has been discussed so many times on this site. The NFF plan is the a viable option. There are two other options. Doing anything else would have been a very poor option. Please see this culled from sportsfitnessadvisor.com website. Thanks and please bookmark.
Preparing for Competition at Altitude

How can athletes who live at sea level prepare for a competition at altitude?
One approach is to compete within 24 hours of arrival at altitude. Not much acclimatization will have taken place but most of the classical symptoms of altitude sickness will not have had time to manifest. After the intial 24 hours, dehydration and sleep disturbances become more prominent.

An alternative option is to train at a higher altitude for at least 2 weeks prior to competition. Although full acclimatization to altitude takes 4 to 6 weeks, many of the physiological adaptations occur in the first 2 weeks and the more severe disturbancs should have settled. It is important to remember that during the intial days at altitude work capacity is reduced, so athletes should train at 60-70% of sea level VO2 max and build up gradually over 10-14 days.

A third approach is to devote a greater percentage of training time at sea level to endurance training several weeks prior to competition. This is a strategy often adopted within many team sports, helping to raise players' VO2 max to a peak so that they can perform at a lower relative intensity without significant loss in performance.

Sleeping in altitude tents and hypobaric chambers may be able to adequately simulate the effects of altitude but these tend to be very expensive. Unfortunately, there is no evidence to suggest that spending 1-2 hours per day breathing hypobaric gases at sea level results in the same adaptations as living at altitude.

Can altitude training improve sea level performance? See the altitude training article for more details.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Babafad
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babafad »

The question of why didn't the SE leave Houston on Friday night, immediately after the game still hasn't been answered. That would have given them an extra 24hrs rest in Germany.

What about the issue of jet lag? Surely, that would be a factor. In the lead up to the match, they would have traveled across quite a few time zones. In any case, I wish them well.
Janganza
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Janganza »

Logo © Nigeria Football Federation
NFF defends Eagles travel plans
by Sammy Wejinya 03 June 2013, 10:41

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has defended the travel plans for the Super Eagles to Kenya ahead of Wednesday’s 2014 Fifa World Cup qualifier against the Harambee Stars.

The Nigerian contingent will only arrive in Nairobi on Tuesday following long flights from Houston to Nairobi via Frankfurt and Addis Ababa.

Coach of the Super Eagles, Stephen Keshi has since come down hard on the federation’s travel plans for the team insisting that it would be impossible for him to conduct any training session before Wednesday’s game.

The NFF, through executive committee member, Barrister Chris Green has now taken the time to explain the contingent’s itinerary.

“A lot of people do not have the facts. Misinformation is a very bad thing. What we (the NFF) did was painstakingly planned. The weather conditions in Kenya make it impossible for non-locals to acclimatise until after five days.

“Even if the team had flown straight to Nairobi from Houston (where Nigeria played a friendly against Mexico on Saturday), it would have given the boys just three days to acclimatise and that would not have been enough.

“That would have been disastrous and we never wanted that to happen” Green said to supersport.com on Monday.

The NFF chief then added that the federation drew from a precedent set by the South Africa Football Association (Safa) for a recent international against Ethiopia.

“We studied carefully what Safa did just before they played against Ethiopia, a country which has similar weather conditions as Kenya.

“Safa made it such that the Bafana Bafana team arrived in Addis Ababa on the day of the match and also left immediately after the match.

“Getting to Kenya just before the game will act in our favour as we would not have to battle to acclimatise with the weather conditions.

“It is more expensive to embark on the arrangement we currently have on ground. We will incur more costs and expend more on logistics spending days in Germany and Ethiopia but we have vowed to spare to no cost as a federation to see that Nigeria’s flag is hoisted at the 2014 Fifa World Cup in Brazil,” he said.

Green then spoke about the gaffer’s constraints on not having adequate time to train with his wards before the game on Wednesday.

“Keshi is a master of the mind games. He’s not an Afcon-winning coach for nothing.

“Do you think the coach would want the Kenyans to know all his plans before the game on Wednesday? This is a serious game and the coach will only rationally keep his cards close to his chest to keep the opposition guessing,” he concluded.

Nigeria currently sit at the top of Group F of African zone qualifying for the 2014 Fifa World Cup in Brazil on five points from three matches. http://www.supersport.com/football/supe ... avel_plans
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

ohenhen1 wrote:Nigerian football is never boring. Have they not learn't from the Ethiopia experience. The right approach is to train in an high altitude environment for 2 weeks, use a Hyperbaric chambers to aclamatize to conditions or deal with altitude sickness. They are going to be gasping for air in the 2nd half of the game on Wedensday. @Gin this is another example of the revolving cycle of dumbness. I hope the player can rise up and overcome the self imposed wound caused by the administrators.

Hyperbaric chambergini?
This is not the first time the SE have played in Kenya at high altitude
The NFF are are trying to derail Keshi to the detriment of our WC qualification.......
They would rather the team not qualify than for Keshi to succeed, it cuts short their egunji supply
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Babafad wrote:The question of why didn't the SE leave Houston on Friday night, immediately after the game still hasn't been answered. That would have given them an extra 24hrs rest in Germany.

What about the issue of jet lag? Surely, that would be a factor. In the lead up to the match, they would have traveled across quite a few time zones. In any case, I wish them well.
how can the se leave Houston on friday night.... when the game finished at 10pm....haba.. they probably got to their hotel around 11pm12pm..smh... they left for Germany Saturday
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Babafad
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babafad »

Coach of the Super Eagles, Stephen Keshi has since come down hard on the federation’s travel plans for the team insisting that it would be impossible for him to conduct any training session before Wednesday’s game.
Robbynice (aka Senior Advocate for the NFF ), I guess it's over to you, bro! :lol: