Amuneke ASSAULTS AGENT OVER KELECHI IHENACHO

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: AMUNIKE ASSAULTS AGENT OVER KELECHI IHENACHO

Post by Cellular »

Ugbowo wrote: But Cellular,

Isn't that why any buying club has to pay compensation to the selling party? i.e the nurturer of this treasure? Or do u think Kelechi is going to get sold for free???

I believe Isaac's academy got handsomely rewarded by Udinese in a deal brokered by a white agent. Was he enslaved too? Did that agent reap where he did not sow?????
Have you dealt with Idahosa of the Megap Academy? He doesn't suffer fools...

Do you know the way the deal was brokered? I have said it time and time again, the process the agent went about in acquiring Kelechi smells and reeks of someone who was not straight. This is not how you broker such a deal...

Once again, if you come to toast my child using the backdoor or through the window, you are a THIEF. And I will treat you as such...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

amos09 wrote:It is not just about the pocket lining aspect. He has assaulted an American which will likely trigger of a bigger row in the diplomatic circus should the agent in question take it up with the American embassy. Physical Assault is a big offence in America. I have never seen a Nigerian slapped by a whiteman because he is about to take the white man's job.
Diplomatic row? :) Of course not.

I have not been slapped for a job before .... but I did once sit with a group of African-Americans at a seminar to listen to an African-American speaker who assumed everyone she was addressing was African-American. She warned everyone to beware of Africans (i.e. folks from continental Africa) because companies were hiring Africans, instead of African-Americans, to meet their affirmative action quotas. It was a metaphorical slap.
Cellular wrote:I have dealt with Naijarians such as yourself... the folks who have sold Naijaria and Naijarians for peanuts...

Kelechi did not Fall Out of the Sky... Kelechi was adjured the best player during the FIFA under 17 tourney and you think it is okay for someone to offer his parents money and make off with him?

I would not have been physical with the guy...no longer my style.

Personally, I would have deported him back to the States... If someone tries to steal a National treasure I guess I should have patted him on the back and say, "have a safe journey".

The effrontery of natives...
I know this wasn't directed at me .... but Cellular, I am going to have to agree with a portion of what other people are saying .... the part where they say Amunike should just have dropped out of coaching and become an agent.

If he had nurtured Kelechi for as long as you say, he should have protected himself with legal documentation. Amunike has been through the grind of unscrupulous agents (and an unscrupulous coach in Westerhof), so he should have known what would likely happen to him if he did not protect himself with an unassailable document. Maybe he didn't do so because he wanted to also be the national team coach, and to avoid anyone having paper proof of the conflict of interest .... but he left himself wide open.

I have been financially back-stabbed before because of a lack of legal documentation to support the truth. There was no point in a lawsuit, because their pockets were deeper than mine, and all I had was "he said, she said". It was a learned lesson.

If Galliano has a signed contract, and Amunike has nothing, he can slap the man from here to Timbuktu. It won't make a difference. Next time if he wants to represent a player, he needs to get a contract signed.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

If it was Kelechi's FATHER who slapped Henry, i for gentle
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

kolinzo wrote:
mmeny wrote:Damn, na wa sha.... Amunike has no business slapping a Sports Agent.... He needs to decide though, if he is really passionate about kids and making sure they don't sign with shady and shoddy agents to become ONE..

There is just no way to defend this one at all. Even though he might have good intentions, it just comes off as he is trying so hard to benefit financially from Iheanacho and this questions is integrity and credibility as a coach going forward.

How can do we tell going forward if players are being chosen on merit or if they are been nurtured and featured with the hope that they will eventually sign with his agent friend.

He needs to open a soccer academy and sports agency... if he wants to be a trend setter and making sure our local players and boys do not get exploited going forward.

This has too much conflict of interest written all over it and gives room for silly innuendos and allegations.
Although you bin dey yarn opaks sometimes, but I kpom dis ya post well well! :taunt:

Add to it the fact that he [Amuneke) threatened the kid and wants to destroy the boy! This is what Celly is telling us is okay o!
Kolinzo, abeg no rope me put inside your opaks abeg... Everybody knows you got Opaks down to the T :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

I am just talking about the conflict of interest here as coach doubling as an agent. I do not know the full story, so I can't really comment on it per se.

However, I do understand where Cellular is coming from because, it has happened to my family and family members big time.. How you help people get off the ground and when they make good... they simply act like they have arrived and bites the finger that fed them...At least that is what Cellular is trying to say... at least that is how I am reading it but he can properly articulate his point though...

I must say this is one thread that I have seen Cellular, lose it and attack people...hmm see passion :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

I didn't go through the entire thread but isn't there a better choice of words by Amuneke than to call Galliano " a uselesse white man "
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

Cellular wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:I don't get you guys.

Henry Galiano was only going to be an agent who was going to help Kelechi broker a deal that would handsomely reward the academy (who employ coaches) that nurtured him and in the process negotiate a deal for Kelechi himself.

Where does Amunike fit in? Please educate me.

Did he run the academy that nurtured Kelechi? Were they haggling over his transfer fee? Or is he just mad that Henry is Kelechi's AGENT and not his guy?
Thank you from bring the discourse to full circle.

He claims he was attacked for representing Kelechi.

And most Naijarians who have autophobia bought the story because, hey why would he lie?

So Amuneke will invite the guy to a meeting and just attack him like a mad man? And also threaten that he would attack him again if he saw him? Yeah, Amuneke is a mad man...
We are going by the account we have. We await Amunike's account.
We all know there are three sides to most stories.

Regardless, we do know every since the U-17 WC first match, the number of agents after Kelechi increased tremendously. Why would one doubt that the battle for him would escalate into fisticuffs? It wouldn't be surprising.

--------------------------------------------
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

Cellular wrote:
amos09 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Ugbowo wrote: Actually the article quotes both sides....making it somewhat balanced IMHO.
Oga Ugbowo,

There was nothing balanced about the article... you no understand how these guys work. They used words and sentences designed to influence the thought process of the reader... you might not notice it if you are not intune with their tactics. It started off saying he assaulted the man, without saying allegedly since he was not a witness... then he goes ahead to tell you the reason why Amunike assaulted the man. In his first paragraph he summarizes the story so that the reader's mind will already be biased before he reads the entire story.... and most people, read the header and the first paragraph... they don't bother reading the whole article...
Are you beneffiting from the deal? The audacity with which Nigerians defend criminality is puzzling!
Anoda negro fresh off the boat.

I am defending him because I am benefiting?

Go find a sharp object and impale yourself.

Bros, why you mad?
You're angry he asked you if you were benefiting from the deal because of the way you were defending Amunike.

Keep in mind a few pages back, you wrote this to me:
You must know Galeno personally. If you you do, you are best served to tell him we don't dash away our national treasures for mere trinkets and hot drinks.
You wrote that because you assumed since I was taking the side of Galeano in this issue that I must be affiliated with him.
Well then how is Ugbowo wrong for assuming since you were defending Amunike that you might be benefiting in some way? (Obviously he was joking imo. Unlike your assumption of me being affiliated with Galeano).

mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

Ekorian wrote:I didn't go through the entire thread but isn't there a better choice of words by Amuneke than to call Galliano " a uselesse white man "
Guy you just come back from Naija now.. which kind question be dis ? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Ugbowo wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
mmeny wrote:Damn, na wa sha.... Amunike has no business slapping a Sports Agent.... He needs to decide though, if he is really passionate about kids and making sure they don't sign with shady and shoddy agents to become ONE..

There is just no way to defend this one at all. Even though he might have good intentions, it just comes off as he is trying so hard to benefit financially from Iheanacho and this questions is integrity and credibility as a coach going forward.

How can do we tell going forward if players are being chosen on merit or if they are been nurtured and featured with the hope that they will eventually sign with his agent friend.

He needs to open a soccer academy and sports agency... if he wants to be a trend setter and making sure our local players and boys do not get exploited going forward.

This has too much conflict of interest written all over it and gives room for silly innuendos and allegations.
Although you bin dey yarn opaks sometimes, but I kpom dis ya post well well! :taunt:

Add to it the fact that he [Amuneke) threatened the kid and wants to destroy the boy! This is what Celly is telling us is okay o!

This is my biggest issue with the whole thing. He threatened the poor kid because he did not get his way....yet he is acting in his interest....according to some ppl.

With friends like that I guess who needs enemies???
First off all, read the story and it's intent... and also read your headline. The story was intended to malign Amuneke.

Read the story again... follow the story both on the radio and on the newspaper not on the paid mouthpiece of the agent.

Naijarians do this all the darn time.. You pluck someone from obscurity, nurture him to stardom and he thinks he can just drop you because some vulture came along and offered him cash... where was the vulture when you were nurturing him?

Yeah, with friends like these who needs enemies... what you guys are condoning is wrong! Don't mistake the way Amuneke addressed it with the brazen attempt at thievery.

Coming here to intellectualize thievery.

But Cellular,

Isn't that why any buying club has to pay compensation to the selling party? i.e the nurturer of this treasure? Or do u think Kelechi is going to get sold for free???

I believe Isaac's academy got handsomely rewarded by Udinese in a deal brokered by a white agent. Was he enslaved too? Did that agent reap where he did not sow?????
Again, you have made a solid point. After thinking about it, this agent actually went to see Amuneke on invitation. I mean, this should also back the agent up that he wanted to dialogue. I mean if the agent was going to reap where he didn't sow did he have to honor Amuneke's invitation? Would he not have taken Nacho anyway without having to meet Amuneke? This is ridiculous.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

mmeny wrote:
kolinzo wrote:

Kolinzo, abeg no rope me put inside your opaks abeg... Everybody knows you got Opaks down to the T :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

I am just talking about the conflict of interest here as coach doubling as an agent. I do not know the full story, so I can't really comment on it per se.

However, I do understand where Cellular is coming from because, it has happened to my family and family members big time.. How you help people get off the ground and when they make good... they simply act like they have arrived and bites the finger that fed them...At least that is what Cellular is trying to say... at least that is how I am reading it but he can properly articulate his point though...

I must say this is one thread that I have seen Cellular, lose it and attack people...hmm see passion :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Bros, na because pipul jos automatically think that if you fall on the opposite side of any argument that you do it for pecuniary reasons.

What Amuneke did was wrong, in allegedly slapping the dude. But we don't know the reason... the article was sponsored.

I have dealt with some of these clowns masquerading as journalists who will write anything as long as you pay them.

A coach's job does not end on the field of play... they are supposed to guide their wards in making a good decision. I have said time and time again, if the dude was genuine, he would approach Kelechi's handlers and coaches, inform them why he is the best option for Kelechi... not go behind the scene offer the parents money and get them to "dash" him their kid.

It is WRONG!

I don't like how Amuneke handled it... but I understand why he would handle it in the manner he did.

Ps., It gets to me because I see it happen all them time... folks being exploited due to poverty. And folks who don't understand the situation pontificating about it...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

Cellular wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:LOL at "stealing" national treasure with a signed contract rubber stamped by NFF BEFORE said treasure actually became treasure. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cellular approaching txj levels on this thread.
It's obvious to me that you don't see anything wrong with pooching a talent... in AAU basketball in the United States you live in, will the same clown try that ish?

How about little league baseball?

How about AAU football?
For the love of Christ, how is this "pooching" a talent in your words? The player is ready to sign a representation contract with an agent. Said agent will help him negotiate a deal with the team they both see as the best fit to further the players development and ambitions. In the process, the team the player signs with will compensate the team/academy that the player came out of.
So explain what's wrong?

One can't go from AAU Football, AAU Basketball or Little League Baseball to the professional leagues. Rather than equate that with an agent, equate that with the coaches in AAU Basketball that do what they can to pimp certain players to certain college coaches.
Regardless, those AAU coaches can't force those players to select the agent that the AAU coach wants! The player might take the AAU coach into consideration when selecting the agent. If the recruiting process is very even between the agents as it pertains to the decision maker in the house of the player, then the agent might move on to sweet talking the AAU coach. If the AAU coach wants money for helping develop the player, most players don't forget their youth coaches. They will compensate the AAU coach in some way as they get older and excel in whichever sport.

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

F360 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
amos09 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Ugbowo wrote: Actually the article quotes both sides....making it somewhat balanced IMHO.
Oga Ugbowo,

There was nothing balanced about the article... you no understand how these guys work. They used words and sentences designed to influence the thought process of the reader... you might not notice it if you are not intune with their tactics. It started off saying he assaulted the man, without saying allegedly since he was not a witness... then he goes ahead to tell you the reason why Amunike assaulted the man. In his first paragraph he summarizes the story so that the reader's mind will already be biased before he reads the entire story.... and most people, read the header and the first paragraph... they don't bother reading the whole article...
Are you beneffiting from the deal? The audacity with which Nigerians defend criminality is puzzling!

Bros, why you mad?
You're angry he asked you if you were benefiting from the deal because of the way you were defending Amunike.

You must know Galeno personally. If you you do, you are best served to tell him we don't dash away our national treasures for mere trinkets and hot drinks.
You wrote that because you assumed since I was taking the side of Galeano in this issue that I must be affiliated with him.
Well then how is Ugbowo wrong for assuming since you were defending Amunike that you might be benefiting in some way? (Obviously he was joking imo. Unlike your assumption of me being affiliated with Galeano).
Oga, I asked if you know him personally. I never accused you of benefiting from him. VERY VERY DIFFERENT stance. I don't care if it was Amuneke, Manu, Ugbade, Amadi was doing the slapping... I just don't want our kids being shipped off without proper guidance...

We seen this script too many times to just say, but he got his parents permission...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

green4life wrote:In Nigeria coaching and grinding cash on the side aren't mutually exclusive. Have you been to one if these 'academy's" to see how they roll? Ironically, my son played for one behind Dan Anyiam Stadium (Owerri) this summer. I know the amount of time the coach invests in the academy and the funding is mostly out of pocket. Cash is needed to run these programs that churn out the kelechi & Yahaya & Awoniyi's of Nigeria. That coach basically broke down the financially requirements that HE had to foot primarily since only few kids (like my boy) could afford to pay. So when one of their kid blows up, some gratitude is expected to keep the machinery rolling. That's how things work in Nigeria. If naive folks here feel that NFF & Amunike will sit back and allow Kelechinho walk to Europe without being roped in one way or another then you folks are just as naive as the American chap.

Kelechinho can't just hop on a plane while his American pally blows up all the bridges on ground - remember, the bridges that he crossed to get to where he's heading - and expect to have a long fruitful career. The system that made you who you are right now won't let you push that self destruct button.

As Ugbowo mentioned, that's nice that the coaches foot a lot of the financial requirements for those academy programs. Guess what? FIFA have a system in place to help with that once the player is ready to turn professional and sign for a bigger team. Money will come to the Academy and the coaches of the academy.
If they want gratitude to keep the machinery rolling, they can go with the monies paid to them by clubs that the player signs with and they can also go with the money that I'm sure the player will pass on to them from time to time in gratitude. As opposed to trying to act as both a coach and an agent.

Talking about burning bridges and the system that made him, wtf? Why not just wait to get your money from the team he signs with and how about the coaches of said academies DON'T burn bridges with kelechi so in the future when he is hopefully playing for one of the best teams in the world and earning millions, that he will have no qualms about writing them checks to help continue funding their academy?? Yeah, I know that makes zero sense. Why would anyone do that? Definitely silly thinking.

F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

Cellular wrote:
F360 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
amos09 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Oga Ugbowo,

Bros, why you mad?

Oga, I asked if you know him personally. I never accused you of benefiting from him. VERY VERY DIFFERENT stance. I don't care if it was Amuneke, Manu, Ugbade, Amadi was doing the slapping... I just don't want our kids being shipped off without proper guidance...

We seen this script too many times to just say, but he got his parents permission...

Chief,
You didn't ask me, you accused me of knowing him.
Granted one was an accusation of knowing and another was an accusation of benefiting from a deal.
Regardless, my point was why get angry because someone else made an assumption and accused you incorrectly of something?

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Cellular wrote:
Ugbowo wrote: But Cellular,

Have you dealt with Idahosa of the Megap Academy? He doesn't suffer fools...

Do you know the way the deal was brokered? I have said it time and time again, the process the agent went about in acquiring Kelechi smells and reeks of someone who was not straight. This is not how you broker such a deal...

Once again, if you come to toast my child using the backdoor or through the window, you are a THIEF. And I will treat you as such...

But uncle, Backdoor must first happen before the kid can be bold enough to use front door. :mrgreen:
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

ugly boy wrote:This is the problem with Home based coaches...Most of them corrupt. The worst one was CCC now Keshi...Only Amodu and Siasia do with moderation
:lol: . go find out well.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
leftee
Egg
Egg

Post by leftee »

Ugbowo wrote:So you really believe Kelechi being forced to go with a different agent that Amunike chooses is Amunike looking for him?

You guys believe Amunike threatening his ITC is Amunike looking out for him?

Did he give Amunike the right to look out for him? Does Kelechi have a Father or a Mother?

Is their say not important because Amunike knows best?????

This is incredulous.

If this was your kid, what would you do????

Yeah Oga Ugbowo. I wonder about these forumites sometimes.
"If You Need a Helping Hand, You'll Find One at the End of Your Arm"
leftee
Egg
Egg

Post by leftee »

Cellular wrote:
niyi wrote:Wait why is this man a "crook" agent again?
He might not be a "crook" agent but the manner he went about pooching Kelechi shows he is acting like one.

These things never ceases to amaze me... Kelechi did not drop from the sky.

Someone has been paying for the dudes upkeep since U13 days... someone has been paying for his various trials and travels... someone has been kitting him.

The NORMAL way you go about this things if you don't have ulterior motives is to visit the boy's coach show him your credentials and your plans for the boy... ask him how do you go about securing the boys services. The coach is in the best position to evaluate your credentials as an agent... not the naive parents.

You don't go to the boys father who knows little or nothing of the business side of sports, flash him some money and some trinkets and ask him to turn over his boy to you. And then have the temerity to go to the coach afterwards to tell him you have his boy. That is shady and unprofessional... that harkens back to the slave trading, IPR thievery, manpower fleecing they used to do with Africans.

Was it not reported during the U17 WC that there were at least 7 agents with interest in the boy? the way these boys put pen to paper in their desperation to leave the shores of Nigeria does not help matters at all.
leftee
Egg
Egg

Post by leftee »

Doesn't he already have an Academy?
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Abeg whoever wins Nacho's signature should pay Uncle Cellular his share of the money o... the way he has been sweating like Xmas goat from page 1 of this thread is scary :D :D
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

:rotf:
Yes, of course I slapped him very well and I will do it again whenever I see him,” Amuneke said.

“He is an angel*, useless white man, he wants to come and reap where he didn’t sow.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

I think that cellular is playing devil's advocate here, otherwise Amuneke's actions are indefensible.

Amuneke's role is as an advisor, not a parent or an agent.......

Out of the 7 agents after the boy, he should tell him and his parents the pros and cons of each of them and Kelechi is no dummy, he should be told to make his own investigations and speak to former or present clients of these agents.

Amuneke can't threat with the words... Reap where u did not sow.......cos if all being equal and straight, he picked the player from an academy and the NFF footed the bill not Amuneke. The boy was picked on merit and merit only so Amuneke did him no favours.

The academy he was from will have in his contract how much they are to be paid when he signs his first contract, so they will benefit from what they sow......not Amuneke.

Secondly.....slapping anyone white, black, green and then confirming it and standing by it is idiotic and he should be sacked period. He is representing the GWG and Nigeria as a whole and as a ppl we have better manners that that. WE ARE NOT ANIMALS WITH NO SELF CONTROL.

Thirdly, threatening to withhold his papers......honestly.......???? So he is in cohorts with NFF officials?

Finally, did Amuneke ask the boy and his parents what they want and why they picked "the white man"?

This is the reason what Keshi kept on playing Mba for several games despite the lose of form.

COACHS SHOULD NOT ACT AS PLAYER'S AGENTS OR BE AFFILIATED WITH ANY OTHER AGENTS APART FROM THAT THAT REPRESENTS THEM PERSONALLY.
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

Now we get Amunike's side of the story. (As Cellular must have been eagerly awaiting :D )

Anyway, three sides to every story. Kelechi's agent, Amunike and then the truth somewhere in there.

http://www.supersport.com/football/nige ... es_assault
Former African footballer of the year, Emmanuel Amuneke has denied assaulting the agent of Golden Eaglets midfielder, Kelechi Iheanacho

Reports in certain sections of the media claimed that Amuneke slapped Henry Galliano, the American agent of the star midfielder in Owerri this week.

Amuneke has now denied the reports and insists he never slapped Galliano.

“I neither assaulted nor slapped Galliano. We had a heated argument over the future of Iheanacho and that was it. He (Galliano) was insulting my nation, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) and our philosophies in Nigeria and I told him that,” Amuneke told supersport.com.

It is believed that the furor between Amuneke and Galliano was generated over Iheanacho’s choice of agent which would eventually decide his future as a professional footballer but the former Super Eagles attacker extricated himself of blame.

“I have no business with whoever Kelechi (Iheanacho) picks as his agent. It’s not my job. I am a coach.

“Galliano was insulting me so I went up to him, pushed him away and told him to stop harassing me.

“He was shouting that he will give me money. He is a corrupt man and I did not want to have anything to do with him.

“If he (Kelechi) wants my advice on how to shape his career, I will be here as a father to help him but that is where it ends,” he said.

Amuneke who was one of the coaches of the Nigeria team at the 2013 Fifa Under-17 World Cup in the United Arab Emirates scored nine goals in 27 games for the Super Eagles between 1993 and 2001.