Amuneke ASSAULTS AGENT OVER KELECHI IHENACHO

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AMUNIKE ASSAULTS AGENT OVER KELECHI IHENACHO

Post by mmeny »

Damn, na wa sha.... Amunike has no business slapping a Sports Agent.... He needs to decide though, if he is really passionate about kids and making sure they don't sign with shady and shoddy agents to become ONE..

There is just no way to defend this one at all. Even though he might have good intentions, it just comes off as he is trying so hard to benefit financially from Iheanacho and this questions is integrity and credibility as a coach going forward.

How can do we tell going forward if players are being chosen on merit or if they are been nurtured and featured with the hope that they will eventually sign with his agent friend.

He needs to open a soccer academy and sports agency... if he wants to be a trend setter and making sure our local players and boys do not get exploited going forward.

This has too much conflict of interest written all over it and gives room for silly innuendos and allegations.
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

amos09 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Ugbowo wrote: Actually the article quotes both sides....making it somewhat balanced IMHO.
Oga Ugbowo,

There was nothing balanced about the article... you no understand how these guys work. They used words and sentences designed to influence the thought process of the reader... you might not notice it if you are not intune with their tactics. It started off saying he assaulted the man, without saying allegedly since he was not a witness... then he goes ahead to tell you the reason why Amunike assaulted the man. In his first paragraph he summarizes the story so that the reader's mind will already be biased before he reads the entire story.... and most people, read the header and the first paragraph... they don't bother reading the whole article...
Are you beneffiting from the deal? The audacity with which Nigerians defend criminality is puzzling!
My brother I'm just speechless.

There's always going to be somebody to defend any stance on the Internet. What surprises me in this particular case is that it's not just one person... About half of the posts here seem to be defending Amuneke so far.

Which way Nigeria :(
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

deanotito wrote:Amunike is corrupt from the looks of things. It is the Nigerian way for coaches to try and profit from their players but the Nigerian way has ruined many fine institutions and I eventually expect it to ruin our football too.

Are there unscrupulous agents? Yes!! But the mere fact that Amunike went as far as slapping someone because he got a player to sign a contract means his hands are not clean. He should be a coach, and if needed, an adviser...nothing more. He, Keshi and the rest if them that get into this agent business need to stop!!!

To all of you supporting Amunike with your flawed man-must-whack/reap where you sow theories, just understand that the more soccer coaches get into player agencies, the more the soccer will suffer. Interests are not aligned, and the "coach" would defer to his pocket most of the time
Unfortunately, there are natives such as yourself and many on this thread who don't understand what is going on... you interject yourselves in issues that just don't even begin to understand...

It is not today they have been exploiting the naive...

The unfortunate thing for them, is that some of us went to the same obodo oyibo and were not just passing through... we have seen their shenanigans more times than we can count.

They should go to some banana republic and perpetrate their thievery...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

amos09 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Ugbowo wrote: Actually the article quotes both sides....making it somewhat balanced IMHO.
Oga Ugbowo,

There was nothing balanced about the article... you no understand how these guys work. They used words and sentences designed to influence the thought process of the reader... you might not notice it if you are not intune with their tactics. It started off saying he assaulted the man, without saying allegedly since he was not a witness... then he goes ahead to tell you the reason why Amunike assaulted the man. In his first paragraph he summarizes the story so that the reader's mind will already be biased before he reads the entire story.... and most people, read the header and the first paragraph... they don't bother reading the whole article...
Are you beneffiting from the deal? The audacity with which Nigerians defend criminality is puzzling!
Anoda negro fresh off the boat.

I am defending him because I am benefiting?

Go find a sharp object and impale yourself.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

mmeny wrote:Damn, na wa sha.... Amunike has no business slapping a Sports Agent.... He needs to decide though, if he is really passionate about kids and making sure they don't sign with shady and shoddy agents to become ONE..

There is just no way to defend this one at all. Even though he might have good intentions, it just comes off as he is trying so hard to benefit financially from Iheanacho and this questions is integrity and credibility as a coach going forward.

How can do we tell going forward if players are being chosen on merit or if they are been nurtured and featured with the hope that they will eventually sign with his agent friend.

He needs to open a soccer academy and sports agency... if he wants to be a trend setter and making sure our local players and boys do not get exploited going forward.

This has too much conflict of interest written all over it and gives room for silly innuendos and allegations.
Although you bin dey yarn opaks sometimes, but I kpom dis ya post well well! :taunt:

Add to it the fact that he [Amuneke) threatened the kid and wants to destroy the boy! This is what Celly is telling us is okay o!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

kolinzo wrote:
mmeny wrote:Damn, na wa sha.... Amunike has no business slapping a Sports Agent.... He needs to decide though, if he is really passionate about kids and making sure they don't sign with shady and shoddy agents to become ONE..

Although you bin dey yarn opaks sometimes, but I kpom dis ya post well well! :taunt:

Add to it the fact that he [Amuneke) threatened the kid and wants to destroy the boy! This is what Celly is telling us is okay o!

This is my biggest issue with the whole thing. He threatened the poor kid because he did not get his way....yet he is acting in his interest....according to some ppl.

With friends like that I guess who needs enemies???
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

niyi wrote:
amos09 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Oga Ugbowo,

There's always going to be somebody to defend any stance on the Internet. What surprises me in this particular case is that it's not just one person... About half of the posts here seem to be defending Amuneke so far.

I have dealt with Naijarians such as yourself... the folks who have sold Naijaria and Naijarians for peanuts...

Kelechi did not Fall Out of the Sky... Kelechi was adjured the best player during the FIFA under 17 tourney and you think it is okay for someone to offer his parents money and make off with him?

I would not have been physical with the guy...no longer my style.

Personally, I would have deported him back to the States... If someone tries to steal a National treasure I guess I should have patted him on the back and say, "have a safe journey".

The effrontery of natives...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

LOL at "stealing" national treasure with a signed contract rubber stamped by NFF BEFORE said treasure actually became treasure. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cellular approaching txj levels on this thread.
amos09
Egg
Egg

Post by amos09 »

Ugbowo wrote:I mean it is simply unbelievable some ppl r justifying Amunike's blatant attempt to line his pocket.

Kelechi's father allegedly gave an interview where he said Galliano is the only person allowed to represent Kelechi.

He punched the guy for coming to reap where he did not sow and not because he was leading Kelechi astray.
He clearly said Kelechi is a NOBODY......

Amunike is indefensible here. Pathetic shoddy behavior.
It is not just about the pocket lining aspect. He has assaulted an American which will likely trigger a bigger row in the diplomatic circus should the agent in question take it up with the American embassy. Physical Assault is a big offence in America. I have never seen a Nigerian slapped by a whiteman because he is about to take the white man's job. FIFA will likely come in if he is a licensed FIFA agent since the job of an agent is not limited by international boundaries. I call on the NFF to fire Emmanuel Amuneke now and stop forthwith this agent business by our coaches. I am not suprised by the many people supporting this offensive and criminal act. That's just Nigerians. Always very dubious in all they do. No amount of ignorance will save Emmanuel Amunike on this one!
Last edited by amos09 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Ugbowo wrote:
kolinzo wrote:

This is my biggest issue with the whole thing. He threatened the poor kid because he did not get his way....yet he is acting in his interest....according to some ppl.

I tire. And we are the ones who are naive. LMAO SMHBT!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

***Breda = Br****
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

Ugbowo wrote:
kolinzo wrote:

Bros how did you knw he threatended the kid .. So now u buying what the other Nigeria agent told his hungry journalist to write ? Or did the writer say that Kelechi said that Amunike threatended him ?..
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Ugbowo wrote:LOL at "stealing" national treasure with a signed contract rubber stamped by NFF BEFORE said treasure actually became treasure. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trust me, on this issue, txj go floor Celly big time. Celly has left his jaw wide open. He is against the rope and sure can't get out of this one. No way!!

***Breda = Br****
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Ugbowo wrote:
kolinzo wrote:

First off all, read the story and it's intent... and also read your headline. The story was intended to malign Amuneke.

Read the story again... follow the story both on the radio and on the newspaper not on the paid mouthpiece of the agent.

Naijarians do this all the darn time.. You pluck someone from obscurity, nurture him to stardom and he thinks he can just drop you because some vulture came along and offered him cash... where was the vulture when you were nurturing him?

Yeah, with friends like these who needs enemies... what you guys are condoning is wrong! Don't mistake the way Amuneke addressed it with the brazen attempt at thievery.

Coming here to intellectualize thievery.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Ugbowo wrote:LOL at "stealing" national treasure with a signed contract rubber stamped by NFF BEFORE said treasure actually became treasure. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's obvious to me that you don't see anything wrong with pooching a talent... in AAU basketball in the United States you live in, will the same clown try that ish?

How about little league baseball?

How about AAU football?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

In Nigeria coaching and grinding cash on the side aren't mutually exclusive. Have you been to one if these 'academy's" to see how they roll? Ironically, my son played for one behind Dan Anyiam Stadium (Owerri) this summer. I know the amount of time the coach invests in the academy and the funding is mostly out of pocket. Cash is needed to run these programs that churn out the kelechi & Yahaya & Awoniyi's of Nigeria. That coach basically broke down the financially requirements that HE had to foot primarily since only few kids (like my boy) could afford to pay. So when one of their kid blows up, some gratitude is expected to keep the machinery rolling. That's how things work in Nigeria. If naive folks here feel that NFF & Amunike will sit back and allow Kelechinho walk to Europe without being roped in one way or another then you folks are just as naive as the American chap.

Kelechinho can't just hop on a plane while his American pally blows up all the bridges on ground - remember, the bridges that he crossed to get to where he's heading - and expect to have a long fruitful career. The system that made you who you are right now won't let you push that self destruct button.
Last edited by green4life on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

KingLoku wrote: Bros how did you knw he threatended the kid .. So now u buying what the other Nigeria agent told his hungry journalist to write ? Or did the writer say that Kelechi said that Amunike threatended him ?..
Uncle,

That is why I chuckle at some of these guys on the Internet. I do not know their motivation...

The article was obviously sponsored... and folks are trying every which way to make it about Amuneke.

I know some Naijarians are all about Cash-and-Carry... but they do run into the odd Naijarian who will refuse to be taken.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Cellular wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:
kolinzo wrote:

First off all, read the story and it's intent... and also read your headline. The story was intended to malign Amuneke.

Read the story again... follow the story both on the radio and on the newspaper not on the paid mouthpiece of the agent.

Naijarians do this all the darn time.. You pluck someone from obscurity, nurture him to stardom and he thinks he can just drop you because some vulture came along and offered him cash... where was the vulture when you were nurturing him?

Yeah, with friends like these who needs enemies... what you guys are condoning is wrong! Don't mistake the way Amuneke addressed it with the brazen attempt at thievery.

But Cellular,

Isn't that why any buying club has to pay compensation to the selling party? i.e the nurturer of this treasure? Or do u think Kelechi is going to get sold for free???

I believe Isaac's academy got handsomely rewarded by Udinese in a deal brokered by a white agent. Was he enslaved too? Did that agent reap where he did not sow?????
amos09
Egg
Egg

Post by amos09 »

Cellular wrote:
niyi wrote:
amos09 wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Oga Ugbowo,

I have dealt with Naijarians such as yourself... the folks who have sold Naijaria and Naijarians for peanuts...

Kelechi did not Fall Out of the Sky... Kelechi was adjured the best player during the FIFA under 17 tourney and you think it is okay for someone to offer his parents money and make off with him?

I would not have been physical with the guy...no longer my style.

Personally, I would have deported him back to the States... If someone tries to steal a National treasure I guess I should have patted him on the back and say, "have a safe journey".

The effrontery of natives...
There are FIFA laws giuding agents and there is none that stipulates that a foreigner should not be an agent of any Nigerian player no matter how good the player is. The American guy has every right to be Iheanacho's agent. It is only in a lawless country like Nigeria that you assault people and proudly admit that but Emmanuel Amunike will not get away with this one. As a matter of fact, I will personally pursue this case with FIFA or the America government should complaint not be lodged by the people involved. I will not like to be slapped by an American for any reason neither will I like a Nigerian to slap an American. There are more decent ways to settle issues than physically assaulting people. Somehow, somebody has got to put a stop to the madness in Nigeria.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Cellular wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:
kolinzo wrote:

Nurture? You have got to be kidding me!! This is exploitation of the highest order. Did the kid sign contract with Amuneke? Nurture? Obscurity? You have got to be kidding me! In fact the only thing remain to be said is to lay claim to how Amuneke pulled Nacho from his mother's womb. Celly, na who stole your handle??!

***Breda = Br****
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

amos09 wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:I mean it is simply unbelievable some ppl r justifying Amunike's blatant attempt to line his pocket.

Kelechi's father allegedly gave an interview where he said Galliano is the only person allowed to represent Kelechi.

He punched the guy for coming to reap where he did not sow and not because he was leading Kelechi astray.
He clearly said Kelechi is a NOBODY......

Amunike is indefensible here. Pathetic shoddy behavior.
It is not just about the pocket lining aspect. He has assaulted an American which will likely trigger of a bigger row in the diplomatic circus should the agent in question take it up with the American embassy. Physical Assault is a big offence in America. I have never seen a Nigerian slapped by a whiteman because he is about to take the white man's job. FIFA will likely come in if he is a licensed FIFA agent since the job of an agent is not limited by international boundaries. I call on the NFF to fire Emmanuel Amuneke now and stop forthwith this agent business by our coaches. I am not suprised by the many people supporting this offensive and criminal act. That's just Nigerians. Always very dubious in all they do. No amount of ignorance will save Emmanuel Amunike on this one!
Save him from what? The write up of a hungry paid journo?

You guys think we are a banana republic... ask the players who tried to circumvent the process and how they ended up... yes, including the same Amuneke.

And you should relocate from whatever outpost you are currently residing...

You would be better served living in say, Aba to be more exposed... going to obodo oyibo and looking at buildings...

SMH!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I don't get you guys.

Henry Galiano was only going to be an agent who was going to help Kelechi broker a deal that would handsomely reward the academy (who employ coaches) that nurtured him and in the process negotiate a deal for Kelechi himself.

Where does Amunike fit in? Please educate me.

Did he run the academy that nurtured Kelechi? Were they haggling over his transfer fee? Or is he just mad that Henry is Kelechi's AGENT and not his guy?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

kolinzo wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:
kolinzo wrote:

Nurture? You have got to be kidding me!! This is exploitation of the highest order. Did the kid sign contract with Amuneke? Nurture? Obscurity? You have got to be kidding me! In fact the only thing remain to be said is to lay claim to how Amuneke pulled Nacho from his mother's womb. Celly, na who stole your handle??!
Sorry... I forgot who I was trying to reason with.

You need to travel home and attend some of these academies or the tryouts...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Ugbowo wrote:I don't get you guys.

Henry Galiano was only going to be an agent who was going to help Kelechi broker a deal that would handsomely reward the academy (who employ coaches) that nurtured him and in the process negotiate a deal for Kelechi himself.

Where does Amunike fit in? Please educate me.

Did he run the academy that nurtured Kelechi? Were they haggling over his transfer fee? Or is he just mad that Henry is Kelechi's AGENT and not his guy?
Thank you from bring the discourse to full circle.

He claims he was attacked for representing Kelechi.

And most Naijarians who have autophobia bought the story because, hey why would he lie?

So Amuneke will invite the guy to a meeting and just attack him like a mad man? And also threaten that he would attack him again if he saw him? Yeah, Amuneke is a mad man...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...