Amuneke ASSAULTS AGENT OVER KELECHI IHENACHO

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: AMUNIKE ASSAULTS AGENT OVER KELECHI IHENACHO

Post by Damunk »

Hmmmmm.
Dis na *scratch head* matta.....
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Interesting. If I were Amuneke I would sue the paper that said he slapped the dude. See as many castigated him. It is always better to hear both sides.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Amuneke is well advised........

He clearly states...I am not an agent and can't dictate where's he player plays or which agent the player chooses...

I hope that cellular can now clearly see that the man he is defending is clearing sidestepping from said actions in turn justifying the likes ugbowo
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Cellular wrote:
Ugbowo wrote: But Cellular,

Isn't that why any buying club has to pay compensation to the selling party? i.e the nurturer of this treasure? Or do u think Kelechi is going to get sold for free???

I believe Isaac's academy got handsomely rewarded by Udinese in a deal brokered by a white agent. Was he enslaved too? Did that agent reap where he did not sow?????
Have you dealt with Idahosa of the Megap Academy? He doesn't suffer fools...

Do you know the way the deal was brokered? I have said it time and time again, the process the agent went about in acquiring Kelechi smells and reeks of someone who was not straight. This is not how you broker such a deal...

Once again, if you come to toast my child using the backdoor or through the window, you are a THIEF. And I will treat you as such...
What you keep forgetting is that Amuneke is a national team coach. He cannot be peddling players as a national team coach. It is different when it is just the academy and the players alone. Conflicts of interests arises when an academy becomes a national coach.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

F360 wrote:Now we get Amunike's side of the story. (As Cellular must have been eagerly awaiting :D )

Anyway, three sides to every story. Kelechi's agent, Amunike and then the truth somewhere in there.

http://www.supersport.com/football/nige ... es_assault
Former African footballer of the year, Emmanuel Amuneke has denied assaulting the agent of Golden Eaglets midfielder, Kelechi Iheanacho

Reports in certain sections of the media claimed that Amuneke slapped Henry Galliano, the American agent of the star midfielder in Owerri this week.

Amuneke has now denied the reports and insists he never slapped Galliano.

“I neither assaulted nor slapped Galliano. We had a heated argument over the future of Iheanacho and that was it. He (Galliano) was insulting my nation, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) and our philosophies in Nigeria and I told him that,” Amuneke told supersport.com.

It is believed that the furor between Amuneke and Galliano was generated over Iheanacho’s choice of agent which would eventually decide his future as a professional footballer but the former Super Eagles attacker extricated himself of blame.

“I have no business with whoever Kelechi (Iheanacho) picks as his agent. It’s not my job. I am a coach.

“Galliano was insulting me so I went up to him, pushed him away and told him to stop harassing me.

“He was shouting that he will give me money. He is a corrupt man and I did not want to have anything to do with him.

“If he (Kelechi) wants my advice on how to shape his career, I will be here as a father to help him but that is where it ends,” he said.

Amuneke who was one of the coaches of the Nigeria team at the 2013 Fifa Under-17 World Cup in the United Arab Emirates scored nine goals in 27 games for the Super Eagles between 1993 and 2001.
Now that this is coming up, the question that needs to be answered is why Galliani went to Amuneke in the first place? What was the purpose of his visit? There must be a premise somewhere before he could consider not staying in Lagos, Abuja or the port of entry to spend money to visit Amuneke.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cristao II wrote:Interesting. If I were Amuneke I would sue the paper that said he slapped the dude. See as many castigated him. It is always better to hear both sides.
I am not sure we are any closer to the truth even with Amunike's side of the story. For example, it would be interesting to hear why Gulliano was insulting Amunike, Nigeria and our football as claimed and how, to the point that Amunike had to 'push him away'. :idea:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Damunk wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Interesting. If I were Amuneke I would sue the paper that said he slapped the dude. See as many castigated him. It is always better to hear both sides.
I am not sure we are any closer to the truth even with Amunike's side of the story. For example, it would be interesting to hear why Gulliano was insulting Amunike, Nigeria and our football as claimed and how, to the point that Amunike had to 'push him away'. :idea:
Ehem he insulted him by offering him money. When agents come to get these boys , they usually try to influence the coaches, their parents, their colleagues and anyone who can influence their decision. There was the reported case of 5k usd on offer to anyone who can convince Karibe to sign for an agent back in the day. The guy who convinced Oruma to sign , got a Mercedes 200 back in the day when the bloody thing was flooding Naija from Germany.

I wont be surprised if the case here is that of trying to go through Amunike not knowing that Amunike probably already had someone else lined up. The world of agents , players and money is an interesting one, they are the next thing to spies the way they operate. Seeing them hover around in hotel corridors and lobbies with all their phones going on at the same time always amazes me. Go to teams training ground they are there , sniffing around looking for a quick deal. The funny thing is that most of them are even sponsored by banks, footballers are like gold, and banks invest on them seriously.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

Post by uglyoneiamagain »

Damunk wrote:
Great point right there. This looks like one of those series with counter story lines just to carry the show past the 30th season. Who knows who said what or did what without a credible witness in place. We may never get the truth out of this one.

However, if either story holds truth in either matters of an assault or agent trying to hijack a done deal/intimidate a kid then there are better ways to deal with it. There were wrongs by both parties and justifying such actions do not make us any more credible than the source of the articles.

For those who said forumers were naive and just off the banana boat cause they couldn't decode a sponsored article, we really need to stop with generalisations. Not every foreigner is evil neither is every Naija man a saint.
okuns
Egg
Egg

Post by okuns »

green4life wrote:In Nigeria coaching and grinding cash on the side aren't mutually exclusive. Have you been to one if these 'academy's" to see how they roll? Ironically, my son played for one behind Dan Anyiam Stadium (Owerri) this summer. I know the amount of time the coach invests in the academy and the funding is mostly out of pocket. Cash is needed to run these programs that churn out the kelechi & Yahaya & Awoniyi's of Nigeria. That coach basically broke down the financially requirements that HE had to foot primarily since only few kids (like my boy) could afford to pay. So when one of their kid blows up, some gratitude is expected to keep the machinery rolling. That's how things work in Nigeria. If naive folks here feel that NFF & Amunike will sit back and allow Kelechinho walk to Europe without being roped in one way or another then you folks are just as naive as the American chap.

Kelechinho can't just hop on a plane while his American pally blows up all the bridges on ground - remember, the bridges that he crossed to get to where he's heading - and expect to have a long fruitful career. The system that made you who you are right now won't let you push that self destruct button.
Granted that is an academy and they have invested in this. The issue here is that Kelechi was a member of the National Team and the National Coach wants to profit. That should not be the case unless, he was also his agent.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Our people shaa!!!
Eight pages of accusations, falsefications, and speculations still the facts on the issue are not pin-pointed.
The day Naija laws get to state that fake journalism can be prosecuted, and heavily penalised when proven false, is when all rubbish reporting stops.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

This thread na fire. I hope Cellular has changed though.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I remember this thread now.
Totally blanked out the details.
Kelechi ended up with Man City, suggesting he still went along with ‘The Evil White Man’, Gilliano.

Interesting. :rotf:
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

Wow blast from the corrupt past. Hope we can qualify at this rate
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

uglyoneiamagain wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:58 pm
Damunk wrote:
Great point right there. This looks like one of those series with counter story lines just to carry the show past the 30th season. Who knows who said what or did what without a credible witness in place. We may never get the truth out of this one.

However, if either story holds truth in either matters of an assault or agent trying to hijack a done deal/intimidate a kid then there are better ways to deal with it. There were wrongs by both parties and justifying such actions do not make us any more credible than the source of the articles.

For those who said forumers were naive and just off the banana boat cause they couldn't decode a sponsored article, we really need to stop with generalisations. Not every foreigner is evil neither is every Naija man a saint.
Good luck with passing on that message.
The fratricidal war between the phantom ‘WOWOs’ and the freedom-fighting ‘WOWOORs’ has since escalated.
God help us! :rotf: :rotf:
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Damunk wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:00 pm I remember this thread now.
Kelechi ended up with Man City, suggesting he still went along with ‘The Evil White Man’, Gilliano.

Doc, is there a name for the disease that makes some people to always see the white man as evil? And it mostly affects Nigerian in the abroad.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:04 pm
uglyoneiamagain wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:58 pm
Damunk wrote:

Good luck with passing on that message.
The fratricidal war between the phantom ‘WOWOs’ and the freedom-fighting ‘WOWOORs’ has since escalated.
God help us! :rotf: :rotf:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: We don enter one-chance! :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

So did the thread establish anything? I'm just trying to find the conclusion.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

aruako1 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:48 pm So did the thread establish anything? I'm just trying to find the conclusion.
What was there to establish? The victim claimed he was assaulted and Amunike confirmed he assaulted him and would do it again.

I wonder how much each party made from Kelechi after all.

Amunike's rebuttal.

https://news.yahoo.com/amuneke-denies-a ... --sow.html
Amuneke denies assault claims

Football411.com
November 20, 2013

Golden Eaglets coach Emmanuel Amuneke has rubbished claims that he attacked star midfielder Kelechi Iheanacho's agent Henry Galliano. The youngster was one of the stand out performers as the Nigerians emerged victorious at the recent FIFA Under-17 World Cup, scoring six goals and providing six assists, and his future has become the subject of much debate following his superb displays in the United Arab Emirates.

The 17-year-old is represented by American agent Galliano and he and Amuneke reportedly came to blows this week, although the 42-year-old flatly denies assaulting Iheanacho's representative. "I neither assaulted nor slapped Galliano. We had a heated argument over the future of Iheanacho and that was it.

He (Galliano) was insulting my nation, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) and our philosophies in Nigeria and I told him that," the former Super Eagles star asserted.

Amuneke did admit that a heated exchange took place and feels that Galliano is not the right man to nurture the prodigious young talent, but he also stated that it is not his decision who Iheanacho chooses as his agent. "I have no business with whoever Kelechi (Iheanacho) picks as his agent. It's not my job. I am a coach," he continued. "Galliano was insulting me so I went up to him, pushed him away and told him to stop harassing me. "He was shouting that he will give me money. He is a corrupt man and I did not want to have anything to do with him. "If he (Kelechi) wants my advice on how to shape his career, I will be here as a father to help him but that is where it ends."

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:06 pm
aruako1 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:48 pm So did the thread establish anything? I'm just trying to find the conclusion.
What was there to establish? The victim claimed he was assaulted and Amunike confirmed he assaulted him and would do it again.

Amunike's rebuttal.

Football411.com
November 20, 2013

Golden Eaglets coach Emmanuel Amuneke has rubbished claims that he attacked star midfielder Kelechi Iheanacho's agent Henry Galliano. The youngster was one of the stand out performers as the Nigerians emerged victorious at the recent FIFA Under-17 World Cup, scoring six goals and providing six assists, and his future has become the subject of much debate following his superb displays in the United Arab Emirates.

The 17-year-old is represented by American agent Galliano and he and Amuneke reportedly came to blows this week, although the 42-year-old flatly denies assaulting Iheanacho's representative. "I neither assaulted nor slapped Galliano. We had a heated argument over the future of Iheanacho and that was it.

He (Galliano) was insulting my nation, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) and our philosophies in Nigeria and I told him that," the former Super Eagles star asserted.

Amuneke did admit that a heated exchange took place and feels that Galliano is not the right man to nurture the prodigious young talent, but he also stated that it is not his decision who Iheanacho chooses as his agent. "I have no business with whoever Kelechi (Iheanacho) picks as his agent. It's not my job. I am a coach," he continued. "Galliano was insulting me so I went up to him, pushed him away and told him to stop harassing me. "He was shouting that he will give me money. He is a corrupt man and I did not want to have anything to do with him. "If he (Kelechi) wants my advice on how to shape his career, I will be here as a father to help him but that is where it ends."
Lolly

I read thr story and clearly an assault us established but where is the evidence that Amuneke made money from any deals involving the players, including Iheanachi. Can you please cite the source or point us in the right direction?

Reading the story what I assume is that this is a Manager protecting his wards and perhaps seeking to have them concentrate on an upcoming competition. Am I being naive here? Please show me evidence that I am.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Lolly wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:11 pm
Damunk wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:00 pm I remember this thread now.

Doc, is there a name for the disease that makes some people to always see the white man as evil? And it mostly affects Nigerian in the abroad.
Yep. Blancophobia

Leukophobia is not restricted to white humans, just anything white. :rotf:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:40 pm

Amunike's rebuttal.

Football411.com
November 20, 2013

Lolly

I read thr story and clearly an assault us established but where is the evidence that Amuneke made money from any deals involving the players, including Iheanachi. Can you please cite the source or point us in the right direction?

Reading the story what I assume is that this is a Manager protecting his wards and perhaps seeking to have them concentrate on an upcoming competition. Am I being naive here? Please show me evidence that I am.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am happy
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Dammy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:56 pm
Enugu II wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:40 pm

Amunike's rebuttal.

Football411.com
November 20, 2013

Lolly

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bros,

Shift nyash small make I join you :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Amunike's rebuttal.

Football411.com
November 20, 2013

Even if we agree that there was an assault, where was it established that he is an agent for Iheanacho.