If Chinedu Obasi and Sone Aluko were both fully fit?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
If Chinedu Obasi and Sone Aluko were both fully fit?

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] Who would you play uptop alongside Emmanuel Emenike and Victor Moses
[2] It is obvious Keshi will play 4-3-3
[3] Emenike will be our targetman
[4] Moses can play either on the right or the left
[5] None of the other strikers have the guile, creativity or initiative to play alongside them
[6] It simply has to be either Obasi or Aluko
[7] If you go with Obasi, he plays on the right and Moses plays on the left
[8]] If you go with the left-footed Aluko, he plays on the left and Moses plays on the right
[9] Add a playmaker and two fullbacks who can cross, then we have a team
[10] This obviously depends on everyone remaining fit, especially the likes of Omeruo, Oboabona, Onazi, Mikel and Emenike
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: If Chinedu Obasi and Sone Aluko were both fully fit?

Post by KingLoku »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] Who would you play uptop alongside Emmanuel Emenike and Victor Moses
[5] None of the other strikers have the guile, creativity or initiative to play alongside them
[8]] If you go with the left-footed Aluko, he plays on the left and Moses plays on the right
[10] This obviously depends on everyone remaining fit, especially the likes of Omeruo, Oboabona, Onazi, Mikel and Emenike
AyoAkinfe are you ok ? Maybe u shuld open a small beer joint for London called eagles discussion joint .. Where u go bring topic of the day out and invite some few friends for such discussion .
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] Who would you play uptop alongside Emmanuel Emenike and Victor Moses
If Fully Fit is the Catch of this Subject..

6 yrs. into his Hit Performances at the Olympic--Some still think Obasi has got the Game to Offer our National Team.. Kinfe, I don't

think so.. Aluko, I hope Keshi give him a Chance to Prove worth when Fully Fit..
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Our best wingers are as follows in this order.

1. Moses
2. Odemwingie
3. Obasi
4. Aluko
5. Nsofor
6. Musa
Elexus
Egg
Egg

Post by Elexus »

A healthy Obasi is simply our best winger bar none. He has never had an indifferent game in Nigeria's shirt. Unlike others, who play well depending on their mood.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Elexus wrote:A healthy Obasi is simply our best winger bar none. He has never had an indifferent game in Nigeria's shirt. Unlike others, who play well depending on their mood.

My brother I do not understand the hate many here have for Obasi. I mean they would rather have a skinny, headless chicken who is a benchwarmer in Serie B.

Obasi certainly has the potential to be Nigerias best winger if he can stay healthy.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote:Our best wingers are as follows in this order.

1. Moses
2. Odemwingie
3. Obasi
4. Aluko
5. Nsofor
6. Musa
Sometimes your synapses dey fiya proper :thumb: ...but its very few and far between tho :glare:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

It is ideye
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

Elexus wrote:A healthy Obasi is simply our best winger bar none. He has never had an indifferent game in Nigeria's shirt. Unlike others, who play well depending on their mood.
No single Super Eagles Player Today\Past that has "NEVER HAD AN INDIFFERENT GAME IN NIGERIA SHIRTS"--NON...

Just The Nature of the Game...
TALKIT (part 2)
Egg
Egg

Post by TALKIT (part 2) »

Obasi is now the missing link ba? :lol: :lol:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

TALKIT (part 2) wrote:Obasi is now the missing link ba? :lol: :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Seriously :shock: :shock: Really :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:
Thank God you are not the coach
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I would go to the World Cup with six strikers:

Emmanuel Emenike
Victor Moses
Chinedu Obasi
Sone Aluko
Ahmed Musa
Reserve targetman - Ameobi/Dike

Standby: Nsofor, Osaze, Ideye
kone
Egg
Egg

Post by kone »

wow just rewatched Nigeria vs Belgium in 2008 and see how obasi, obinna, osaze was terrorizing the so called world cup favorites Belgium a team that had vermalen, company, dembele and co omo those was the days of skillfull strikers now na dongoyaro we just put for front cant wait for world cup so keshi can leaves
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

kone wrote:wow just rewatched Nigeria vs Belgium in 2008 and see how obasi, obinna, osaze was terrorizing the so called world cup favorites Belgium a team that had vermalen, company, dembele and co omo those was the days of skillfull strikers now na dongoyaro we just put for front cant wait for world cup so keshi can leaves

It is a shame that Keshi has replaced so much of the truly talented players we have with no technique and skill having players who "work hard for the team". Rubbish. For heavens sake Keshi can go look on the streets of Lagos and pick a team of guys who will "work hard and kiss his a%% off if he likes"
Last edited by vancity eagle on Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kone
Egg
Egg

Post by kone »

omo the stuff used to pain me last year, but me I don give up anything wey happen happen
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
TALKIT (part 2) wrote:Obasi is now the missing link ba? :lol: :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

kone wrote:wow just rewatched Nigeria vs Belgium in 2008 and see how obasi, obinna, osaze was terrorizing the so called world cup favorites Belgium a team that had vermalen, company, dembele and co omo those was the days of skillfull strikers now na dongoyaro we just put for front cant wait for world cup so keshi can leaves

MORE THAN 5 YRS AGO...

Today, Kompany--Dembele--Vermalen you mentioned are where in their Career?

Our Own You Mentioned, where are they Today in their Career and How are they doing for their Respective Club..

When the Messiah Siasia was fired 3 yrs ago--Those 3 were integral Part of his Team--They could not even Qualify for ANC..
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

vancity eagle wrote:

My brother I do not understand the hate many here have for Obasi. I mean they would rather have a skinny, headless chicken who is a benchwarmer in Serie B.

Obasi certainly has the potential to be Nigerias best winger if he can stay healthy.

Obasi can play all the upfront positions. He is fast, but his best position is not on the wings and he is not our best winger (he is not a great crosser and tends to go for goal directly). His best performances for Nigeria (the Under 20 and the Olympics) have actually been as support striker. I also think this is where he can be of best use in SE's current circumstances (ie to replace Ideye who seems out of form). Solomon Okoronkwo played on the right wing in the U20 and Olympics tournaments. However, it may all be somewhat academic now (as that was 5 years plus ago). Hopefully Obasi gets back to form soon, and then we can realistically assess.
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

vancity eagle wrote:

I'm one of Obasi's biggest fans as I loved his PAST performances in the Bundesliga but the Obasi of today is not the player we saw at the Olypics or for Hoffenheim.
Everybody who thinks Obasi would be fully fit at the world cup and can regain his full potential lives in illusion.
Injuries have ruined his career.

Peronally, I think of a Moses - Emenike - Aluko striking force for a long time - this is the best attacking combo we have to offer TODAY.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
Janganza
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Janganza »

Obasi should concentrate on his club career. The heartache he, Haruna and others caused is still fresh in my memory. I don't want a player who play selfishly for only 45 minutes and stroll around the pitch the second 45 minutes. I will of course support the coach if he deem him relevant to his team. However the Obasi of SA should not come anywhere close to SE.
I wish him the best in his club career.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

DAgrin wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

I'm one of Obasi's biggest fans as I loved his PAST performances in the Bundesliga but the Obasi of today is not the player we saw at the Olypics or for Hoffenheim.
Everybody who thinks Obasi would be fully fit at the world cup and can regain his full potential lives in illusion.
Injuries have ruined his career.

Peronally, I think of a Moses - Emenike - Aluko striking force for a long time - this is the best attacking combo we have to offer TODAY.

Hmmmmmm. Let us at least try him out and see.
Dog Bruno
Egg
Egg

Post by Dog Bruno »

vancity eagle wrote:

It is a shame that Keshi has replaced so much of the truly talented players we have with no technique and skill having players who "work hard for the team". Rubbish. For heavens sake Keshi can go look on the streets of Lagos and pick a team of guys who will "work hard and kiss his a%% off if he likes"

This na new phrase to me I've heard of kiss his ssa, suck his kcid off, but I will use that in the future; hope you no go mind.
You are Your Own Dog