Keshi dismisses NFF's foreign 'help' - NFF insists on it

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Janganza
Eaglet
Eaglet
Keshi dismisses NFF's foreign 'help' - NFF insists on it

Post by Janganza »

Keshi © Action Images
Keshi dismisses NFF's foreign 'help'
by George Akpayen 06 February 2014, 09:11
Tweet
Nigeria head coach, Stephen Keshi, has refused to accept an offer of a foreign assistant ahead of the 2014 Fifa World Cup in Brazil this June.

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) had met with the current African Coach of the Year recently and proposed a foreign assistant to him which he turned down.

The football federation even proposed to Keshi to pick any foreign assistant of his choice and it will foot the expenses including the salaries.

Instead Keshi, 52, demanded that the Nigeria football house reinstate one of his former assistants and former teammates, Sylvanus Okpala, who was sacked after the Super Eagles won the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa.

"Stephen Keshi was offered the chance to choose a foreign assistant, who will work under him but he made it clear he was fine with his current assistants and backroom staff. The federation did this because they felt Keshi needed additional assistant.

"But Keshi said he wanted one of his assistants, Sylvanus Okpala, to be recalled. The federation told him Okpala can't be recalled because he was sacked for insubordination," spokesman of the NFF Technical Committee, Paul Bassey, said on a television programme on Wednesday.

Keshi is currently working with Daniel Amokachi, Ike Shorunmu and Valere Houandinou as his assistants.

© supersport.com
http://www.supersport.com/football/supe ... reign_help
elerineye
Egg
Egg
Re: Keshi dismisses NFF's foreign 'help'

Post by elerineye »

I thought Okpala was sacked for lack of funds?
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

elerineye wrote:I thought Okpala was sacked for lack of funds?
That was the excuse at the time..but when one of the state government volunteered to pay his bills so they can retain him, they raised the issue to another level. They are simply punishing Okpalla..nothing to do with funds. It was part of their efforts to cage Keshi and render him ineffective.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Abi ooooo. This story looks totally made up. Where will the NFF get the funds to hire a foreign assistant from?

Maigari is still owing his staff, so talk of him hiring a foreign coach is just delusional. Please ignore the story.
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

oloye wrote:
That was the excuse at the time..but when one of the state government volunteered to pay his bills so they can retain him, they raised the issue to another level. They are simply punishing Okpalla..nothing to do with funds. It was part of their efforts to cage Keshi and render him ineffective.
"Nigeria we hail thee"

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Abi ooooo. This story looks totally made up. Where will the NFF get the funds to hire a foreign assistant from?

Maigari is still owing his staff, so talk of him hiring a foreign coach is just delusional. Please ignore the story.
I won't put stuff like this beyond the NFF...

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

So you dont know this is the WC year or are you pretendeing not to be aware that there will be PTF money for WC? These guys are way too clever for many Nigerians... :lol: :lol: :lol: . They cannot sack Keshi but they can still make a case for PTF money and how to chopulate it.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

oloye wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

So you dont know this is the WC year or are you pretendeing not to be aware that there will be PTF money for WC? These guys are way too clever for many Nigerians... :lol: :lol: :lol: . They cannot sack Keshi but they can still make a case for PTF money and how to chopulate it.
They can make a case for PTF money all they want.
They should just leave Keshi and the SE out of it.
No additional :sneaky: foreign assistants.
Last edited by Ebyboy on Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Kai, such a filth of an organization-NFF
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...thieves!!! When I term them thieves some will look at my comment with jaundice eyes :evil:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Who is Valere Houandinou?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Damunk wrote:Who is Valere Houandinou?
Keshi's foreign assistant.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

The Anambra State govt offered to pick up the tab for Syllvanus Okpalla...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Ayo has a point,the NFF had problems paying their head coach & now they are talking of paying a foreign coach how's this possible?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Houandinou’s relationship with Keshi dates back to the 1980s when he played alongside with the ‘Big Boss’ at defunct club, ACB. The Togolese has become not just a friend of Keshi but a close confidant and has worked with Keshi during his days at Togo and Mali. Back then at ACB, Houandinou was known as Rivelino.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

This is nonsense article George Akpayen & supersports I will only believe if KOC confirms same on his website- nothing is adding up for me.

insubordination or no insubordination ( only God knows what this means) if Nff honestly want to support and help Keshi his request must be met and Okpala recalled simple.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Ayo has a point,the NFF had problems paying their head coach & now they are talking of paying a foreign coach how's this possible?
Because the NFF would pay a FC before they pay anyone else - heck, even before the pay their NEPA bills! :oops:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

oloye wrote:
...pls kindly provide the source bro. you have given a very strong reason...from your information, is it Okpalla that makes Keshi effective all the while?
...even after the CAF champs, Keshi is still proving and demonstrating to be a man of effectiveness without Okpalla...
...if they are punishing Okpalla just as you mentioned, don't you think he must have done something...? Lets be very clear here, NFA might have their own dirtiness...but most of all the people that works directly or indirectly does have own dubious agenda too...they are not saint...
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Gotti wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

The Anambra State govt offered to pick up the tab for Syllvanus Okpalla...

I know but the NFF turned down the offer saying it would not be able to control Okpalla if they were not paying him. As things stand, the NFF does not have the funds to pay its staff and even at Chan in South Africa, it was Bolaji Abdullahi who came to their rescue.

Members of the NFF staff, including secretary Musa Ahmadu are still owed salary arrears, so talk of hiring someone new just does not cut it with me. It was the presidency that cleared Keshi's arrears, so unless the NFF have suddenly found a pot of gold from somewhere, how will they pay this new coach?
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

NFF just want to see 1 Oyinbo Man on the Sideline...

Keshi Need Physical Trainers--We are Told..

Keshi Need another PowerPointers to Template Nigerian Game Plan..Hmmmmm

Inferiority Complex no good...
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

oloye wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Oloye but have they got the funds already? Unless they have, they cannot talk of hiring a new member of staff and fiddling the figures.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Gotti wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:Ayo has a point,the NFF had problems paying their head coach & now they are talking of paying a foreign coach how's this possible?
Because the NFF would pay a FC before they pay anyone else - heck, even before the pay their NEPA bills! :oops:
And therein lies the problem,these guys are simpletons & their colonial mindset keeps them from adding to our present progress because they don't believe!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

realtrouble wrote:
Houandinou’s relationship with Keshi dates back to the 1980s when he played alongside with the ‘Big Boss’ at defunct club, ACB. The Togolese has become not just a friend of Keshi but a close confidant and has worked with Keshi during his days at Togo and Mali. Back then at ACB, Houandinou was known as Rivelino.
Gracias. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "