Keshi and Ike Uche saga can this be the issue and truth.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet
Keshi and Ike Uche saga can this be the issue and truth.

Post by KingLoku »

Ike Uche: Keshi, learn from your past

There is something that Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi is not telling the public about his strained relationship with his several key players in the Super Eagles, particularly Ikechukwu Uche. There is something he is ineffectively trying to cover up as he gropes about labouriously for excuses to convince us of Uche’s ‘indiscipline’. All his reasons of Uche’s disruptiveness and not playing to instructions during games have fallen hollow because Nigerians have seen the potent capability of this Villarreal’s striker before and even after Keshi took over as Eagles’ gaffer. Here is a clinical finisher whose 18 goals in 44 appearances for Nigeria powered Super Eagles to the Africa Cup of Nations to merge as highest goal scorer with Keshi pouring encomiums on the petit player.

He is the next Rashidi Yekini. Here is a young player who emerged the highest goal scorer in the Spanish second division league with 12
goals for Recreativo de Huelva without a single incident of ‘indiscipline’. Here is a player, who Keshi’s predecessor in Eagles, Coach Samson Siasia described as most ‘level-headed-player’ before Keshi came on board. Indeed, here is a player that even the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) first vice President, Chief Mike Umeh (who has been in the saddle as administrator before the advent of Keshi) vouched for his level of discipline.

All of a sudden, Uche became a ‘demon’ that Keshi would not want to deal with. Where, when and how did Uche unexpectedly become incorrigible that Keshi cannot handle anymore? Shortly after steering Nigeria (and indeed Keshi) to last year’s Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa, Uche got injured and was sidelined for several weeks. At the Nations Cup tournament, the player who was just recovering from that injury couldn’t hit form in the scanty games he featured at the competition. Thank God for the emergence of Emmanuel Emenike, who instantly inherited the shoes and powered Nigeria to glory. Is this, therefore, the reason why Keshi is bent on prosecuting Uche to no end? Every coach, who worths his onions, knows that players have their off days. Keshi wasn’t particularly an Angel when he played under several coaches in both the club and national team. So he should know this all too well. Then, what is the crux of this matter because Uche is back and proving his worth in the top Spanish La Liga for Villarreal, where he has scored 12 goals already this season?

It has been reported by Daily Newswatch in the past that Uche was caught in the cross-fire between Keshi and officials of NFF, when the football authority in Nigeria wanted to do away with the coach mid-way into the Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa, as the national team came to terms with the rigours of the competition. Uche was said to have complained to one of the NFF officials about Keshi’s training and playing tactics, which he felt was the cause of the team’s scrappy games. That complaint was revealed to Keshi, who frowned at the audacity of his player to question his tactics. That was the beginning of Uche’s outcast status in Eagles till date.

Condemnable as this action is, if it is true, one would have thought that Keshi has proven wrong Uche and NFF that wanted him out by emerging Champions of Africa at the same tournament. That was enough to shut his critics up. And it was a good reason to have called Uche aside to admonish him for undermining his authority. This is more so, when, Keshi as long as he remains Super Eagles’ coach needs the likes of Uche to thrive on the job; and likewise, Uche, as long as he is still active in his playing career, needs Keshi to remain relevant in the national team.

But Stephen Keshi should lean to be less vindictive and more forgiving of his players’ sins. The coach has this notoriety of falling out with key players in his teams. From Togo, where he fell-out with Emmanuel Adebayor at the 2006 Africa Cup of Nations (in Egypt) over a non-issue, which later cost him his job after guiding the team to its first World Cup qualification same year, through his brief reign in Mali, where he was also sacked for “barely professional behavior”to Nigeria, where he is still embroiled with Joseph Yobo, Osaze Odemwingie and Uche issues.

http://www.mydailynewswatchng.com/2014/ ... earn-past/
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Keshi and Ike Uche saga can this be the issue and truth.

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

Manage Ike Uche as father, Umeh tells Keshi
Maduabuchi Kalu

http://www.mydailynewswatchng.com/2014/ ... lls-keshi/

The first Vice President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), who also doubles as the Chairman of Anambra State Football Association, Chief Mike Umeh, has called on Coach, Stephen Keshi, to use his fatherly expertise to manage Ike Uche, who he branded as undisciplined.
Recently, Keshi dubbed the Villarreal striker ‘undisciplined’ and cited it as his reason for sideling the Super Eagles’ prolific striker in Nigeria’s next month’s friendly game against Mexico as a result.

Reacting to Keshi’s statement, Chief Umeh likened it to a proverbial adage that it is someone who is close to a mouth that knows if it has an odour.
Nonetheless, the Anambra-born football administrator said whatever may have informed Keshi’s declaration, the coach should play his fatherly role in the matter because that is what his position as the national team coach entails for the good of the team and country.

The NFF chieftain said it was a well-known fact that Keshi during his playing career was a very stubborn player, yet somebody else managed him to bring up the talent in him, adding therefore that the coach should manage Uche the way he (Keshi) was managed by different coaches as a player.
He maintained that Keshi should see himself as a father to all the players and as a father he should be able to tamper justice with mercy even as he declared that he had never heard Uche associated with indiscipline both in country and in club.

“I wouldn’t know what Keshi meant by that, however, it is said that it is only a man who stays close to the mouth that knows whether it is smelling or not,” Umeh began.

“As for me, Keshi should see himself as a father to all the players and should find a way to accommodate them, indiscipline or no indiscipline. As a father, if your son does anything wrong, are you going to disown him because of that? I don’t think so. You have to find a way to ensure that the problem is resolved, that is what I expect from him.

“Moreover, it is a well-known fact that during Keshi’s playing career, he was a very stubborn player and coaches managed him and did not crucify him or cast him away from his team.

“Ike Uche has played for the national team under many coaches before Keshi came on board and I have never heard anybody make any complain about his discipline including his fellow players. If he has something to contribute to the team as he is doing in his club currently, he should be made part of the Nigerian team,” Umeh advised.
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Unfortunately, Keshi is the coach.....and this yelping on behalf of
Ike Uche will not help the young man's cause.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Janganza
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Janganza »

So Keshi should basically accept players who will undermine his authority and accept indiscipline as a panacea to success. Only in Naija.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Even in Nigeria where every seems to bé a jack of all trades (at times a master of none ) the coach should bé left to do his job and if he thinks Uche cant work with him so bé it,let no man try alter what he knows little about!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

Janganza wrote:So Keshi should basically accept players who will undermine his authority and accept indiscipline as a panacea to success. Only in Naija.
He that is without sin should cast the 1st stone ,, broda with all due respect can u tell us among our current strikers on Keshi list , just name 3 that is banging in goals for their respective clubs , playing 1st 11 regularly and had bang in more goals than Ike Uche in the current National team set up for Nigeria ?..
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Even in Nigeria where every seems to bé a jack of all trades (at times a master of none ) the coach should bé left to do his job and if he thinks Uche cant work with him so bé it,let no man try alter what he knows little about!
Bros National team is not a personal venture ,, u can only result to such measure that u are advocating if it is ur personal venture .. And if u have pool of experience resources to bank on ,, right now the only profilic goal banger we have now is Emenike ..guy we are talking of worldcup .. The mother of all tournament on the surface of this earth a place where the best comes to display their talents from the coaching crew to the players ,, na him una dey take as if na moimoi .. I bow for una oo.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

Desperate Journalists just can't stop this Drama Thing that is never a Drama in the First Place..

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

KingLoku wrote:
Janganza wrote:So Keshi should basically accept players who will undermine his authority and accept indiscipline as a panacea to success. Only in Naija.
He that is without sin should cast the 1st stone ,, broda with all due respect can u tell us among our current strikers on Keshi list , just name 3 that is banging in goals for their respective clubs , playing 1st 11 regularly and had bang in more goals than Ike Uche in the current National team set up for Nigeria ?..
You are not intelligent at all. I normally thought it was an act, but lately I see this is who you really are
wow :shock:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
KingLoku wrote:
You are not intelligent at all. I normally thought it was an act, but lately I see this is who you really are
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: hahahahaha bigpunky the intelligent one ,, chieee .. How is mikel fairing ? Hope he is ready for Haruna competition .? Mekunu buruku .. :rotf:
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

KingLoku wrote:Ike Uche: Keshi, learn from your past

It has been reported by Daily Newswatch in the past that Uche was caught in the cross-fire between Keshi and officials of NFF, when the football authority in Nigeria wanted to do away with the coach mid-way into the Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa, as the national team came to terms with the rigours of the competition. Uche was said to have complained to one of the NFF officials about Keshi’s training and playing tactics, which he felt was the cause of the team’s scrappy games. That complaint was revealed to Keshi, who frowned at the audacity of his player to question his tactics. That was the beginning of Uche’s outcast status in Eagles till date.

http://www.mydailynewswatchng.com/2014/ ... earn-past/
Can you say categorically that Uche won't question Keshi's tactics at the WC if he is invited? :taunt:
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

KingLoku wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
KingLoku wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: hahahahaha bigpunky the intelligent one ,, chieee .. How is mikel fairing ? Hope he is ready for Haruna competition .? Mekunu buruku .. :rotf:
...KingLoku and Bigpokey24...who is more intelligent...?
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Just like he was accepted during his stubborn days. I admire Ike Uche's attitude towards this saga . He has definitely stayed above the fray without uttering a word in spite of Keshi's incessant vitriolic and acerbic remarks towards him. Honestly Keshi is behaving like an arrogant illiterate without any self control . His chest thumping has become irritating . Somebody needs to curtail his puerile hubris.
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

bully12 wrote:
Just like he was accepted during his stubborn days. I admire Ike Uche's attitude towards this saga . He has definitely stayed above the fray without uttering a word in spite of Keshi's incessant vitriolic and acerbic remarks towards him. Honestly Keshi is behaving like an arrogant illiterate without any self control . His chest thumping has become irritating . Somebody needs to curtail his puerile hubris.
Thnks for spatting the truth ... U shuld knw that some of this peeps here are kids , that just started fellowing Nigeria national team .. They don't knw nothing .. :clap: :clap: .. If the above article is the case , Keshi shuld be grateful to Ike uche for speaking out when his tactics was failing and he was at the briskline of losing his Job ..
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

bully12 wrote:Just like he was accepted during his stubborn days. I admire Ike Uche's attitude towards this saga . He has definitely stayed above the fray without uttering a word in spite of Keshi's incessant vitriolic and acerbic remarks towards him. Honestly Keshi is behaving like an arrogant illiterate without any self control . His chest thumping has become irritating . Somebody needs to curtail his puerile hubris.
What is Ike supposed to say? Reply the coach wrongly.... The coach replies I told you so.

Ike knows the coach has the final say.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
opine
Egg
Egg

Post by opine »

Kingloku take your time oh. I was thinking there was so revelation but that stupid article only confirms that Uche undermined Keshi's authority and did it with NFF folks. So whose side are you on again?
Tbite wrote: Yes we have deadweights in our team like Babatunde, Agbim and Rueben, but they are OUR deadweights! Our wastepipes! We must love them...respect them! If we do not love our junks....who will? Who?
amos09
Egg
Egg

Post by amos09 »

KingLoku wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:Even in Nigeria where every seems to bé a jack of all trades (at times a master of none ) the coach should bé left to do his job and if he thinks Uche cant work with him so bé it,let no man try alter what he knows little about!
Bros National team is not a personal venture ,, u can only result to such measure that u are advocating if it is ur personal venture .. And if u have pool of experience resources to bank on ,, right now the only profilic goal banger we have now is Emenike ..guy we are talking of worldcup .. The mother of all tournament on the surface of this earth a place where the best comes to display their talents from the coaching crew to the players ,, na him una dey take as if na moimoi .. I bow for una oo.
And you think Ike Uche is the Maradona, Messi, Pele, Ronaldo that we need to save us in Brazil. This Ike Uche's hype is getting really irritating now. Left to me Ike Uche will not be in Brazil and who knows we might achieve something similar to what we did in South Africa without him. He is a very selfish player and is not in a class that will require those of us that know his true ability too well to lose sleep over his exclusion. The Ike Uche that we know has been to 2 nations cup and had nothing to show for it. He was in Ghana 2008 when he was at his peak but made little impact on the competition. In South Africa 2013, he simply went AWOL. In the final game against Burkina Faso, he could not dribble or go past a defender and was not useful until replaced by Ahmed Musa who brought some urgency to our play. Unless we are talking about another Ike Uche that plays for Chelsea, Man U, Bercelona, Bayern, Real Madrid, We must stop personalizing the situations in the super Eagles. This is not taking anything away from the goals he has been scoring for Villarreal (I am yet to see the quality of the goals though). Let us stop this Ike Uche mischief! Ike Uche is not the ideal strong, effective and technical striker we need now. We thank him for waht he has done for Super Eagles in the past. We must must move on.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

fabio wrote:
bully12 wrote:Just like he was accepted during his stubborn days. I admire Ike Uche's attitude towards this saga . He has definitely stayed above the fray without uttering a word in spite of Keshi's incessant vitriolic and acerbic remarks towards him. Honestly Keshi is behaving like an arrogant illiterate without any self control . His chest thumping has become irritating . Somebody needs to curtail his puerile hubris.
What is Ike supposed to say? Reply the coach wrongly.... The coach replies I told you so.

Ike knows the coach has the final say.
Ike has been Playing abroad long enough to act dignified and move on,no more jungle rambling!
Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Catalyst »

Ike can score on the moon.

He has been terrible in GWG for about 2 years. Keshi and immediate former coach kept giving him benefit of doubt.

Benefit of doubt should expire after 2 years. Ike's expired. Then he started foaming at the mouth when he was benched. How dare he?

Let him switch and play for Ghana or Spain.
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Catalyst wrote:Ike can score on the moon.

He has been terrible in GWG for about 2 years. Keshi and immediate former coach kept giving him benefit of doubt.

Benefit of doubt should expire after 2 years. Ike's expired. Then he started foaming at the mouth when he was benched. How dare he?

in 2011 he scored 5 goals in 4 games for Nigeria
in 2012 he scored 4 goals in 6 games for Nigeria
in 2013 at the ANC, (coming off of an injury) he played 4 games did not score a goal but was a sub and played limited minutes in the games he was featured in (33 minutes, 2 minutes, 64 minutes and 53 minutes).

He has not featured for Nigeria in 2014.

How exactly has be been "terrible" for about 2 years?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Just like he was accepted during his stubborn days. I admire Ike Uche's attitude towards this saga . He has definitely stayed above the fray without uttering a word in spite of Keshi's incessant vitriolic and acerbic remarks towards him. Honestly Keshi is behaving like an arrogant illiterate without any self control . His chest thumping has become irritating . Somebody needs to curtail his puerile hubris.[/quote]

lol..so you believe all what you have been reading that Keshi said this or said that ? Or do you believe that to justify Uche good character ?

Have you or anyone listened or watched a radio or tv interview where Keshi addressed the Uche issue or any player directly by name ?

if so abeg post the link or the utube make we go wash am :)
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Catalyst wrote:Ike can score on the moon.

I dont think Ike will bé in Brazil but dont frabricate things to justify his non-inclusion,Ikes record before his injury & return was very good!