Parents dress their kids up as Balotelli & Raffaella........

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Parents dress their kids up as Balotelli & Raffaella....

Post by Enugu II »

Coach wrote:Its offensive and if one considers the insinuation beneath the minstrelled face, its riddled with the same racial connotations. Dirt on their faces, was the suggestion of old. The intention may have been benign but inevitably, the act is seen as much more. Very stupid and derogatory.
KPOM!! it just shows that there are those who will not recognize racism when it is not overtly presented to them. Kind of reminds me when people make a case for "Reverse racism" when such a thing does not exist as racism itself connotes "group power."
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Chingo Bling
Egg
Egg

Post by Chingo Bling »

charlie wrote:
Coach wrote:Its offensive and if one considers the insinuation beneath the minstrelled face, its riddled with the same racial connotations. Dirt on their faces, was the suggestion of old. The intention may have been benign but inevitably, the act is seen as much more. Very stupid and derogatory.
Ok, we can agree to disagree,,...
Do you consider the Greek Stevie wonder as racist?
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

B!GGESTMAN wrote::lol: I hope he is having fun playing for "his" country! :lol:
It is his country, his country has done well for him...notwithstanding this silly excuse of a "joke"
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

charlie wrote:
iworo wrote:SHOCKING: Parents in Napoli dress their kids up as Mario Balotelli and Raffaella Fico (plus their baby)
Wednesday, March 5th, 2014

A shocking picture has been posted on Twitter from the carnival festivities in Napoli this week.

Unnamed parents decided to dress their kids up as Mario Balotelli and Raffaella Fico, with the young girl told to walk around with a toy baby representing their daughter.

The picture has drawn calls of racism as the young boy was black-faced in order to look like Balotelli.

See the offensive picture below.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/shock ... heir-baby/
Racism?? Don't be ridiculous. It actually is a sign of color blindness from where I see it. I wouldn't expect any racist to want to associate their child with a black person.

Much ado about nada...
Oh my why can't some bros just keep the trap closed.
emma88
Egg
Egg
Re: Parents dress their kids up as Balotelli & Raffaella........

Post by emma88 »

iworo wrote: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:15 pm SHOCKING: Parents in Napoli dress their kids up as Mario Balotelli and Raffaella Fico (plus their baby)

A shocking picture has been posted on Twitter from the carnival festivities in Napoli this week.

Unnamed parents decided to dress their kids up as Mario Balotelli and Raffaella Fico, with the young girl told to walk around with a toy baby representing their daughter.

The picture has drawn calls of racism as the young boy was black-faced in order to look like Balotelli. They could've just chosen from the clothing available here and recreated their way of dressing up and that would've been enough.

It is extremely disappointing to see this type of behavior from parents. It is highly insensitive and shows a complete lack of respect for both Mario Balotelli and Raffaella Fico. Not only is it wrong to make light of their personal lives, but the black-faced portrayal of Balotelli is particularly troubling. This type of behavior is not only offensive, but it perpetuates stereotypes and racism.

Parents should be setting better examples for their children, and teaching them about respect for others. It is our responsibility to ensure that we are creating an inclusive society, where everyone is respected and accepted. We should be engaging in thoughtful conversations with our children about race, respect and acceptance, instead of engaging in this type of behavior.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

For Halloween when I dressed up as someone white or non-black, I would put on a mask with their face on it, I wouldn’t paint my skin white. I just don’t get the painting of the skin, you want to dress up as Balotelli wear his jersey, wear a Balotelli mask so people know who you are…they just always find the least excuse to do this, it’s like it really is a hit in their households that they don’t mind the work to put it on and remove it when all they needed was a simple mask of his face like they would do for any other white person they wanted to dress like…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

we have goats passing as humans on CE.. any joker here who supports such, is noting but a massive uncle tom/ruckus and worships every onyibo as their massa
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
emma999
Egg
Egg

Post by emma999 »

iworo wrote: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:15 pm SHOCKING: Parents in Napoli dress their kids up as Mario Balotelli and Raffaella Fico (plus their baby)

The picture has drawn calls of racism as the young boy was black-faced in order to look like Balotelli.

How about poncho towels for kids? Whose using them until now? They have a lot of poncho towels from here check price.
Thank you for sharing the post and bringing attention to the carnival festivities in Napoli. It's always interesting to see how people express their creativity and enthusiasm during such events. However, it's important to consider the impact and implications of certain choices.

While the intention behind dressing up kids as Mario Balotelli and Raffaella Fico might have been to pay homage to these public figures, it's understandable that some people find it offensive. Blackface has a deeply rooted history of racism and can perpetuate harmful stereotypes. It's crucial for us to promote inclusivity and respect for all individuals, regardless of their race or ethnicity.

Engaging in conversations about cultural sensitivity and discussing why certain actions might be offensive can help create a more inclusive environment. Let's strive to celebrate diversity in a respectful and positive way during such festive occasions.

Thank you for raising this issue, and let's use it as an opportunity for education and understanding.