Parents dress their kids up as Balotelli & Raffaella........

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg
Parents dress their kids up as Balotelli & Raffaella........

Post by iworo »

SHOCKING: Parents in Napoli dress their kids up as Mario Balotelli and Raffaella Fico (plus their baby)
Wednesday, March 5th, 2014

A shocking picture has been posted on Twitter from the carnival festivities in Napoli this week.

Unnamed parents decided to dress their kids up as Mario Balotelli and Raffaella Fico, with the young girl told to walk around with a toy baby representing their daughter.

The picture has drawn calls of racism as the young boy was black-faced in order to look like Balotelli.

See the offensive picture below.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/shock ... heir-baby/
kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: Parents dress their kids up as Balotelli & Raffaella....

Post by kalani JR »

YAY! black face!
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

:lol: I hope he is having fun playing for "his" country! :lol:
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
omoelenia
Egg
Egg

Post by omoelenia »

Even the kid seemed to know it wasn't right.
NigerianPrince
Egg
Egg

Post by NigerianPrince »

omoelenia wrote:Even the kid seemed to know it wasn't right.
Silly racial joke.

It would have been better saying Vanilla goes well with Chocolate. Wouldn't you agree???

NigerianPrince...
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

iworo wrote:SHOCKING: Parents in Napoli dress their kids up as Mario Balotelli and Raffaella Fico (plus their baby)

A shocking picture has been posted on Twitter from the carnival festivities in Napoli this week.

Unnamed parents decided to dress their kids up as Mario Balotelli and Raffaella Fico, with the young girl told to walk around with a toy baby representing their daughter.

The picture has drawn calls of racism as the young boy was black-faced in order to look like Balotelli.

Racism?? Don't be ridiculous. It actually is a sign of color blindness from where I see it. I wouldn't expect any racist to want to associate their child with a black person.

Much ado about nada...
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Fourteen
Egg
Egg

Post by Fourteen »

charlie wrote:
Racism?? Don't be ridiculous. It actually is a sign of color blindness from where I see it. I wouldn't expect any racist to want to associate their child with a black person.

Much ado about nada...
Shakes head... exits thread.
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

Fourteen wrote:
charlie wrote:

Much ado about nada...

don't be too hard on him. remember, he is a charlie...
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

B!GGESTMAN wrote:
Fourteen wrote:
charlie wrote:

Much ado about nada...

don't be too hard on him. remember, he is a charlie...
...oh man...
can04
Egg
Egg

Post by can04 »

iworo wrote:SHOCKING: Parents in Napoli dress their kids up as Mario Balotelli and Raffaella Fico (plus their baby)

they always forget the hands.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

charlie wrote:

Much ado about nada...
much ado about nothing huh?
so you think this is acceptable?

ok thank you for your opinion........now clear off
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Gooner1 wrote:
charlie wrote:

Much ado about nada...

Now you are being ridiculous comparing apples with oranges. Apart from the black paint on the face, he did not paint the boys lips red. And they where not photographed making stereotyped caricature faces like your example.

Secondly, he also dressed up his daughter as barlotelli's girlfriend. How many racist white men like to publicize the fact that a black man is banging a white chick?

Me I am just saying that I dont necessarily see this as a racist act, but more as just poor taste and bad judgement, especially in a world where everyone is hyper sensitive about things like this.

You guys should relax and save your anger for the real racists shouting monkey noises in the stands and throwing bananas every time a black man touches a ball..
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

The accusation of racism on the back of 2 inocient children is not right either.
I can understand the sensitivity of some here but if you look at the picture neutrally without sentiments the picture has nothing offensive.
The history and individual experience of/with racism resulting in sentiments and mutual overreactions create an atmosphere of hostility in the first place.
The embodiment of a black person by a white person is not automatically racist - as long as the 'offender's intentions are not deprecative.

I believe that in an ideal world (that will never exsist) people of different races have no reservations concerning making fun of each other or imitate each other in a respectful manner.
It should be self-evident to talk about cultural/social differences without inhibition to find a way to spot similarities.
Racism can only disappear when people do not accuse each other of it all the time.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

charlie wrote:
Gooner1 wrote:
charlie wrote:

Much ado about nada...

Now you are being ridiculous comparing apples with oranges. Apart from the black paint on the face, he did not paint the boys lips red. And they where not photographed making stereotyped caricature faces like your example.

Secondly, he also dressed up his daughter as barlotelli's girlfriend. How many racist white men like to publicize the fact that a black man is banging a white chick?

Me I am just saying that I dont necessarily see this as a racist act, but more as just poor taste and bad judgement, especially in a world where everyone is hyper sensitive about things like this.

You guys should relax and save your anger for the real racists shouting monkey noises in the stands and throwing bananas every time a black man touches a ball..
Kpom :thumb:
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Its offensive and if one considers the insinuation beneath the minstrelled face, its riddled with the same racial connotations. Dirt on their faces, was the suggestion of old. The intention may have been benign but inevitably, the act is seen as much more. Very stupid and derogatory.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

DAgrin wrote:The accusation of racism on the back of 2 inocient children is not right either.
I can understand the sensitivity of some here but if you look at the picture neutrally without sentiments the picture has nothing offensive.
The history and individual experience of/with racism resulting in sentiments and mutual overreactions create an atmosphere of hostility in the first place.
The embodiment of a black person by a white person is not automatically racist - as long as the 'offender's intentions are not deprecative.

I believe that in an ideal world (that will never exsist) people of different races have no reservations concerning making fun of each other or imitate each other in a respectful manner.
It should be self-evident to talk about cultural/social differences without inhibition to find a way to spot similarities.
Racism can only disappear when people do not accuse each other of it all the time.
See me see common sense....
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Coach wrote:Its offensive and if one considers the insinuation beneath the minstrelled face, its riddled with the same racial connotations. Dirt on their faces, was the suggestion of old. The intention may have been benign but inevitably, the act is seen as much more. Very stupid and derogatory.
Ok, we can agree to disagree,,...
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

celebrity status.

May ppl dress their kids up as celebrities
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Coach wrote:Its offensive and if one considers the insinuation beneath the minstrelled face, its riddled with the same racial connotations. Dirt on their faces, was the suggestion of old. The intention may have been benign but inevitably, the act is seen as much more. Very stupid and derogatory.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
some people here don't know that they don't know
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

When it comes to racism a lot of the meditaranian nations are in the 1920s not many in Italy will see that as wrong!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

I do not see anything racist in it.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

papparassi Sport wrote:I do not see anything racist in it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackface
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

It is ''often'' considered offensive does not mean that is generally accepted as ''offensive''.
kalani JR wrote:
papparassi Sport wrote:I do not see anything racist in it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackface
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.