Keshi\Anichebe: Talking.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eaglet
Eaglet
Keshi\Anichebe: Talking.

Post by GUEST »

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/keshi- ... ret-talks/

Keshi, Anichebe in secret talks

Posted by: Patrick Ngwaogu and Andrew Abah in Abuja in Sports 5 hours ago

Sportinglife can exclusively reveal today that Super Eagles chief coach Stephen Keshi has opened discussions with West Bromwich Albion FC of England’s Nigeria international, Victor Anichebe, ahead of the 2014 Brazil World Cup which begins with Nigeria’s first game against Iran on June 13.

“I have spoken to Victor Anichebe and we are still talking. I have told him that the World Cup comes only once in four years, and missing this year, may be the end for him.

“He may change his mind. If he does, we may give him a chance in our build up to the World Cup, and we take it from there,” Keshi said.

He was also optimistic that the likes of Osaze Odenwingie would be given the opportunity in their next friendly match. “I still maintain that the World Cup is for the best, and we would go there with our best, no matter where they are based,” he noted.

Keshi confirmed further that he would return to the country at the end of this month pointing out that he has been in touch with his Captain Joseph Yobo and was happy to hear that he is well now and playing.

Speaking from his Carolina, USA base on Tuesday, the former National team Captain said preparation for the World Cup would begin immediately he returns. “I will begin preparation for the World Cup immediately I return home. Though, I have been working from here. I have been in touch with virtually all the players that I intend to call to camp, and at the same time monitoring their progress in their clubs.

“I was so excited when I heard that the Premier League has started in Nigeria, and that would be my first point of contact immediately I return. I would have the opportunity of watching some of the matches both at the Premier League and other lower leagues. I should be able to see one or two more players that can probably make the provisional list. You can not tell, that may be where our messiah in the game would be found,” Big Boss added.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Keshi\Anichebe: Talking.

Post by 100%Naija »

I hope there's merit to this report. Chebe is a physical specimen. Ideye should also be called up. Bobo is a hustler!!!
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
flaming10
Egg
Egg

Post by flaming10 »

does keshi leave in california or carolina?... i believe its a typo.... Good development big boss cos we need all our best leg for world cup
T.E.A.M
Together Everyone Achieve More
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

I would have the opportunity of watching some of the matches both at the Premier League and other lower leagues. I should be able to see one or two more players that can probably make the provisional list. You can not tell, that may be where our messiah in the game would be found,” Big Boss added.
If this is true, then I'm starting to get worried...

Where is the time to do all this?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

txj wrote:
I would have the opportunity of watching some of the matches both at the Premier League and other lower leagues. I should be able to see one or two more players that can probably make the provisional list. You can not tell, that may be where our messiah in the game would be found,” Big Boss added.

He's not looking for any messiahs. He's looking at a specific player who's been recommended by an agent: Omozusi
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

If true, very good news indeed :clap:
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

This is a case of Kevin Prince Boateng - Monkey dey work baboon dey chop

I remember folks on this site saying "...it can never happen in Nigeria" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

Rawlings wrote:This is a case of Kevin Prince Boateng - Monkey dey work baboon dey chop

I remember folks on this site saying "...it can never happen in Nigeria" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Wrong..

Ani Represents the Country 2008 Olympic.

Ani Played some qualification Matches for Nigeria..

Got Injured Playing for Nigeria..

Your German Import only want to show up for WC--That na Monkey dey work--Baboon dey Chop...
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

GUEST wrote:
Rawlings wrote:This is a case of Kevin Prince Boateng - Monkey dey work baboon dey chop

Wrong..

Your German Import only want to show up for WC--That na Monkey dey work--Baboon dey Chop...
Prince claimed he was injured and his club confirmed it
Prince played in the last two qualifies
Your English import dey use Naija drink kenkey
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

Rawlings wrote:
GUEST wrote:

Wrong..

Hmmmmmm ok oooooo.
JMObi
Egg
Egg

Post by JMObi »

Anichebe is Musa minus the brainlessness and weak physical frame. He is fast and a physical terror on opposing defences. I would play Anichebe wide with license to cut into the box. He would stretch any defence from out wide.
O na-abu ife na-eme ufodu e ekolopu anyi adi elota n’ife obuna nwelu mbido ga enwelili njedebe - Celestine Ukwu

“The sun will shine on those who stand before it shines on those who kneel under them." -- Chinua Achebe
jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg

Post by jungle-jawara »

I agree with you. Its all good and dandy for us to get our best squard all round the world to execute this world cup. Heck, we have about 2 weeks prior to the comencement of the World cup to do serious drilling, and get our tacktice right. But what about those guys? The Ideyes, the Mba's, the ones that put their blood on the line to get us the ticket? This reminds me of the Jamaican and American 4X100m relay team. They have the sub take them to the finals, but then the big guns come in and run the finals. The only difference now is that the sub in our case stays at home. How I wish their was a way we could take them all to the world cup. If its even just to put them in the stands (instead of the wifes and gril friends of the NFF officials)
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

niyi wrote:
txj wrote:

He's not looking for any messiahs. He's looking at a specific player who's been recommended by an agent: Omozusi

I think you need to re-read the article.
opine
Egg
Egg

Post by opine »

jungle-jawara wrote:I agree with you. Its all good and dandy for us to get our best squard all round the world to execute this world cup. Heck, we have about 2 weeks prior to the comencement of the World cup to do serious drilling, and get our tacktice right. But what about those guys? The Ideyes, the Mba's, the ones that put their blood on the line to get us the ticket? This reminds me of the Jamaican and American 4X100m relay team. They have the sub take them to the finals, but then the big guns come in and run the finals. The only difference now is that the sub in our case stays at home. How I wish their was a way we could take them all to the world cup. If its even just to put them in the stands (instead of the wifes and gril friends of the NFF officials)
I feel you but there is no room for sentimentality. It is the cruel nature of competitive sports. You have to keep earning your spot every time in the face of competition. Mind you those who didn't help get the ticket didnt turn down the opportunity to help , they were not invited to help.
Tbite wrote: Yes we have deadweights in our team like Babatunde, Agbim and Rueben, but they are OUR deadweights! Our wastepipes! We must love them...respect them! If we do not love our junks....who will? Who?
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Anichebe is an imposing forward who's got the brute the cause bedlam in defence. But the returns are not there for him personally talking of his 18 appearances for West Brom this season with just 3 goals and 3 assists, except there is a way to measure the bedlam or panic he has caused opposing defences.

If he must be taken to the WC, IMO, I think he needs the kind of strikers who can glean from his ability to scatter defences and do the follow up. Such strikers are not always involved in the melee but have the nose to be at the right place at the right time to pick up loose balls or the final pass and slot home.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Rawlings wrote:
GUEST wrote:

Wrong..

Ani was born in Nigeria and schooled for some time before leaving and Prince lived all his live in Germany.

So whats the dfference?
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Rawlings wrote:
GUEST wrote:

Wrong..

This is nothing like use n dump Prince Boateng. Ani played Olympics, friendlies and qualifiers for different naija managers. Nigerians understand why he pulled himself from selection.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

flaming10 wrote:does keshi leave in california or carolina?... i believe its a typo.... Good development big boss cos we need all our best leg for world cup
What about your own typo? Smh :roll:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
fadatiko
Egg
Egg

Post by fadatiko »

Lord please no! This is just bulldozer with no end product. We need players with the fundamentals skills
for football and not Rugby. This will be a waste of space.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Honestly,I think Keshi has his priorities misplaced. Indubitable, he is talking to the wrong peolple. There is no question about it both Osaze and Anechebe will have a zero impact on our world cup pursuit. Keshi should humble himself and talk to Ike Uche and Obasi.This buffoonish hubris is taken us nowhere.Definitey his gratituitous intransigency is becoming irritating and disturbing
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

green4life wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
GUEST wrote:

Wrong..

This is nothing like use n dump Prince Boateng. Ani played Olympics, friendlies and qualifiers for different naija managers. Nigerians understand why he pulled himself from selection.
Don't bother yourself responding to comments like this
yes o
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

flaming10 wrote:does keshi leave in california or carolina?... i believe its a typo.... Good development big boss cos we need all our best leg for world cup
The Devil loves typos... :P
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

anointed wrote:Anichebe is an imposing forward who's got the brute the cause bedlam in defence. But the returns are not there for him personally talking of his 18 appearances for West Brom this season with just 3 goals and 3 assists, except there is a way to measure the bedlam or panic he has caused opposing defences.

If he must be taken to the WC, IMO, I think he needs the kind of strikers who can glean from his ability to scatter defences and do the follow up. Such strikers are not always involved in the melee but have the nose to be at the right place at the right time to pick up loose balls or the final pass and slot home.

For most of those games, (if not all), he came in as a sub and scored very important goals for the club.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg