NFF to end coach Stephen Keshi's contract after World Cup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

yannick
Egg
Egg
NFF to end coach Stephen Keshi's contract after World Cup

Post by yannick »

Posted On Sunday, 6th April 2014
http://www.nigeriasoccernet.com/nffstep ... p-campaign

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) could end its relationship with Stephen Keshi’s as Super Eagles manager after the summer World cup in Brazil irrespective of the team’s performance.

A source in the NFF has disclosed that the federation has started bracing up for life after Keshi’s tenure, insisting that the coach has limited tolerance for candid advice from the authorities.

“I can tell you right here that Keshi’s contract will not be renewed. Of course, another test case for him is the World Cup; we have given him all the necessary assistants and free hand he requires to succeed, but the World Cup will be the destination point between us.”

The source, who did not disclose specific offence that the coach committed simply said, “Don’t you read the newspapers? He ignores simple official administrative directives, fails to pardon even the most cool-headed and experienced Nigerian players. We cannot further harbour such inconsistencies in our fold.”

The NFF, the source admitted appreciates some of Keshi’s achievement within the continent, but that it was not certain Keshi would replicate such successes on the global stage.

“Let me inform you, players form synergy among themselves and when any of them feels ill-treated, others will subtly queue behind their colleague, this is the kind of things the federation wants to avoid but instead of avoiding it, the coach is magnifying it everyday. This we understand is a ploy for an excuse should the team fails to deliver in Brazil.”

The NFF technical committee recently issued a query to Keshi for failure to attend official engagement in Abuja.

Secondly, the federation’s technical committee members could not fathom why the coach refused to invite certain players to the national team.

Keshi it was gathered has also jettisoned a technical assistance suggested to him by the federation, but rather chose to go to the World Cup with depleted technical crew.

I saw this coming sooner than later...smh
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NFF to end coach Stephen Keshi's contract after World Cu

Post by Vincent. »

Why are these corrupt people destabilizing the team two months to the World Cup?
The job of the FA right now is to make sure the coach and the team have everything they need to achieve the best possible results at the World Cup, and undermining the coach is not the way to achieve this .
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Who are the federation’s technical committee members
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Olayemi14
Egg
Egg

Post by Olayemi14 »

Good and he will still have job offers waiting for him!
Active member of the JOM & JM Fan Clubs. Baba Eleran of Chelsea FC.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...see these idiots, just like Norwich football club.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Keshi should demand a pay raise, and include penalties into his contract if the NFF miss a scheduled payment.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Good

Let him go establish his marketing business somewhere else. We don't need his nonsense and fighting with key players to satisfy his ego.

Good riddance.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

That Article is JUNK..

Keshi will be Meeting with NFF Officials this week to Discuss his Plan..

How anyone will Believe an Aricle AgentJouno wrote and cannot Give a NAME OF ONE OFFICIAL is

Just Beyond me..(A SOURCE) Hmmmmmmmmm.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Attitude determines altitude . There is no gainsaying that Keshi is inordinately stubborn and has manifested flagrant insubordination to his superiors . He is not loyal and and consummate team player. Apparently his poor attitude is detrimental and pernicious to the progress of Super eagles . The man is unnecessarily supercilious . Since his fortuitous victories in AFCON what has he achieved that is commendable? On two occasions Nigeria could not even beat common Mexico who struggled tremendously in weak federation before they qualified for World Cup. The performances of Super eagles in confederation were absolutely piss poor . His haughtiness is total puerile,gratuitous and buffoonish because he has not accomplished anything sterling . Honestly I will take Siasia over him anytime.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

bully12 wrote:Attitude determines altitude . There is no gainsaying that Keshi is inordinately stubborn and has manifested flagrant insubordination to his superiors . He is not loyal and and consummate team player. Apparently his poor attitude is detrimental and pernicious to the progress of Super eagles . The man is unnecessarily supercilious . Since his fortuitous victories in AFCON what has he achieved that is commendable? On two occasions Nigeria could not even beat common Mexico who struggled tremendously in weak federation before they qualified for World Cup. The performances of Super eagles in confederation were absolutely piss poor . His haughtiness is total puerile,gratuitous and buffoonish because he has not accomplished anything sterling . Honestly I will take Siasia over him anytime.
What the F$@& is this . Does VE have a new handle and has his written English (grammar and spelling) regressed!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

@kawawa, you can see that no beeverybody way sabi blow grammer get sense. you see captain bull $@#%?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

NFF should just pay the salary! You are going to WC with a coach you have not paid his salary for like 6 months. Is that how to support the team?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

ohenhen1 wrote:Keshi should demand a pay raise, and include penalties into his contract if the NFF miss a scheduled payment.
Mugu ..
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

bully12 wrote:Attitude determines altitude . There is no gainsaying that Keshi is inordinately stubborn and has manifested flagrant insubordination to his superiors . He is not loyal and and consummate team player. Apparently his poor attitude is detrimental and pernicious to the progress of Super eagles . The man is unnecessarily supercilious . Since his fortuitous victories in AFCON what has he achieved that is commendable? On two occasions Nigeria could not even beat common Mexico who struggled tremendously in weak federation before they qualified for World Cup. The performances of Super eagles in confederation were absolutely piss poor . His haughtiness is total puerile,gratuitous and buffoonish because he has not accomplished anything sterling . Honestly I will take Siasia over him anytime.
:clap: :clap: :clap: , i'm not praying for this it might just happen , he might fumble this worldcup if time is not taken .
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

While it is easy to label this article as junk, it is likely based on a private conversation with an NFF guy who wants to be off-record for very good reasons. Why would you want to be identified and be roundly attacked by fans?

I do believe, however, that the story is intact a reflection of NFF's feeling particularly if members of NFF are unable to get their preferred players invited to the WC camp. They surely will not want Keshi back except if somehow he gets to the semis. The reality is that Keshi will face a lot of issues at the WC. Bet on it. Scorned NFF officials will be making up stories and leaking stuff in the coming weeks as they try to cumulate reasons for firing the coach.

IMHO, Keshi is likely to quit at the WC and seeking other options. If he gets to the semis he will either quit or play hardball if the NFF seek to renew his contract. Bet on it. Keshi will not come cheap if he is to be contracted after the WC. The NFF will then have what they want -- another search for a coach with Oliseh a possible candidate but with some officials dreading Oliseh based on his antecedents as a player. Oliseh surely will not let them impose players. Thus, they will be back accusing him as being "arrogant and stubborn" (Code for resisting interference) as they did in the case of Amodu and are now doing with Keshi.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Enugu II wrote:While it is easy to label this article as junk, it is likely based on a private conversation with an NFF guy who wants to be off-record for very good reasons. Why would you want to be identified and be roundly attacked by fans?

I do believe, however, that the story is intact a reflection of NFF's feeling particularly if members of NFF are unable to get their preferred players invited to the WC camp. They surely will not want Keshi back except if somehow he gets to the semis. The reality is that Keshi will face a lot of issues at the WC. Bet on it. Scorned NFF officials will be making up stories and leaking stuff in the coming weeks as they try to cumulate reasons for firing the coach.

IMHO, Keshi is likely to quit at the WC and seeking other options. If he gets to the semis he will either quit or play hardball if the NFF seek to renew his contract. Bet on it. Keshi will not come cheap if he is to be contracted after the WC. The NFF will then have what they want -- another search for a coach with Oliseh a possible candidate but with some officials dreading Oliseh based on his antecedents as a player. Oliseh surely will not let them impose players. Thus, they will be back accusing him as being "arrogant and stubborn" (Code for resisting interference) as they did in the case of Amodu and are now doing with Keshi.
KPOM! On all points, however, for some inexplicable reason, God always takes a nap at the mention of 9ja, but wakes up just in time to save them. :)
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

Enugu II wrote:While it is easy to label this article as junk, it is likely based on a private conversation with an NFF guy who wants to be off-record for very good reasons. Why would you want to be identified and be roundly attacked by fans?

I also have a feeling that Keshi will leave after the WC unless the Power above the NFF step in..
NFF will probably not appoint any Former player especially Keshi Generation to Manage the Team anymore..
After Keshi, They get their Oyinbo--Once things start going South, They Look inward again.. (Routine)
Keshi should keep his head up and keep doing his Job.. Already a Proven Coach in my Book..
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

GUEST wrote:

I also have a feeling that Keshi will leave after the WC unless the Power above the NFF step in..
NFF will probably not appoint any Former player especially Keshi Generation to Manage the Team anymore..
After Keshi, They get their Oyinbo--Once things start going South, They Look inward again.. (Routine)
Keshi should keep his head up and keep doing his Job.. Already a Proven Coach in my Book..
And yet some are wondering why Nigerians have no love for the NFF or our football. It is mismanaged. When they manage to stumble on the blueprint for success, they manage to destroy it with their shortsightedness.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

I personally will not hold it against Keshi if he resigns after the WC. It would only mean our football will go back to the dark ages where these guys thrive in failure and god-fatherism.
No coach has ever really succeeded in Nigeria without having to battle the NFF to get things done.
Incompetent bureaucrats trying to think like technocrats while treating the office of a coach as if its a democracy
Image THEM ALL :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Well they didn't need to broadcast this before the World Cup,Keshi should concentrate on the task in hand & resign straight after the World Cup telling them to keep their change!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Vincent. wrote:Why are these corrupt people destabilizing the team two months to the World Cup?
The job of the FA right now is to make sure the coach and the team have everything they need to achieve the best possible results at the World Cup, and undermining the coach is not the way to achieve this .
Bro, it's beyond disgusting and shameless. I'm almost lost for words.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

This your post is the sort of selfish minded thought process that keeps holding Nigeria down. Who needs enemies when we've got ourselves?
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Keshi will head to South African after the world cup, He is the best coach in Africa now.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.