BRIDGENEWS: CHELSEA 2014/2015 SEASON THREAD

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ashley Barnes: FA take no action over Matic challenge

Post by kajifu »

platinum wrote:[/video]
Thanks for this video i wish someone put Hazard and fabregas on holiday with a 3 months injury let me see how this clown will tell us .
It really pain me that we have not beat this guy.Hopefully this time around when chelsea come to emirate we do the business sha.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

:rotf: :rotf: :laugh: fukin hell man i forgotten this, and i understand the stance of many towards Jose.

#10 times :biggrin:
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Thunder wrote:
analyzer wrote:
Thunder wrote:Hmmm! The “l’emmerdeur professionnel”, never called this a crime when it happened, because the criminal is his son. :woot:

Ehmm chief.. i know say una are enjoying this and i no fit fault una, but at least know say the above incident was not under Jose as bobo already left CFC way before then... for starters, Anelka never played under Jose as a CFC player and the year CFC wore that Jersey was either 09/10 or 10/11 i think..
still a nasty looking tackle..
Analyzer, you be one craze man. Why you come cause rain for my parade? :lol: Any way thanks for your analysis.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Oboy abeg no vex.. You guys have been on a CFC onslaught since last week. I just dey try correct few things.

This na the kind of beating CFC supporters don dey receive lately from all and sundry.. Everyone just piling it on. :evil: :evil: :lol: :lol: ..

Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: If you were Matic, what would you have done?

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
oloye wrote:
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN wrote:
oloye wrote:I watched a clip in one of the lower leagues, where a guy rugby tackled a striker..well the striker simply got up, picked up the defender and slam dunked him on the floor , it was hilarious..it is trending on Facebook. Even more laughable was the reaction of his team mates as soon as the striker completed the move that would the WWF wrestlers and Rugby players proud..there was a team mate of his who simply raised his hands and put both on his heads, he knew a red card was imminent...deservedly the bobo got red carded!
Hilarious? What if the guy who git body slammed landed on his head? Another daft post from the monkey eater! :roll:
I am using this opportunity to report your personal attack...I won't go that route with you, but there is a way to deal with the likes of you.
ban the guy
Keep trying! You guys try to hard- just give up! I know the rules! :lol:
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

kajifu wrote:
Thanks for this video i wish someone put Hazard and fabregas on holiday with a 3 months injury let me see how this clown will tell us .
It really pain me that we have not beat this guy.Hopefully this time around when chelsea come to emirate we do the business sha.

we need Flamini to do double leg sliding tackle on Hazard, Costa and Mourinho. Fabregas na awa pikin, so make we leave am alone. :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
zoldsasok
Egg
Egg

Post by zoldsasok »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
kajifu wrote:

we need Flamini to do double leg sliding tackle on Hazard, Costa and Mourinho.
Fabregas na awa pikin
, so make we leave am alone. :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
we know you love Csec :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
MATIC ban reduced from 3 matches to 2...

Post by paj »

http://www.espnfc.com/chelsea/story/231 ... wo-matches

Nemanja Matic's suspension has been reduced to two matches, the Football Association has announced.

The Chelsea midfielder had been sent off during Sunday's 1-1 draw with Burnley for a push on Ashley Barnes in response to a dangerous challenge from the striker.

Matic would have been due to serve a three-match ban but that has now been reduced, although he will still miss Sunday's Capital One Cup final against Tottenham Hotspur and a Premier League game against West Ham.

Independent Regulatory Commission reduces Nemanja Matic suspension to two matches http://t.co/OyhbTunh7f pic.twitter.com/9NWbWWCKCx
- The FA (@FA) February 24, 2015
Roger Burden, Chairman of the Regulatory Commission, said on the FA's official website: "In reaching this decision the members of the Regulatory Commission rejected the mitigation advanced by Nemanja Matic in respect of the provocation and tackle he received which led to his act of violent conduct.

"The violent response of Mr. Matic to the nature of the tackle cannot be condoned and does not vindicate his subsequent actions. The members of the Commission did, however, accept the mitigation in respect of the level of force used by Mr. Matic and the nature of the contact he made with Mr. Barnes of Burnley FC.

"Having made those considerations we determined that the standard punishment of a three-match suspension would be clearly excessive and, therefore, ordered that the suspension be reduced to two matches."

However, Chelsea said they were "appalled" by the decision.

.@ChelseaFC appalled with the FA's decision on Matic http://t.co/ZvNPTryRkP #CFC pic.twitter.com/3xpdXl7VEJ
- Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) February 24, 2015
A Chelsea statement read: "The Chelsea Football Club Board is extremely disappointed and frustrated that the FA Regulatory Commission has today decided not to reduce Nemanja Matic's suspension to the maximum extent permitted under FA rules.

"Chelsea FC challenged the standard three-match suspension which automatically followed the red card issued to Matic by referee Martin Atkinson during Saturday's Premier League match against Burnley.

"There has been universal condemnation of the reckless challenge made by Ashley Barnes on Matic and it is the club's view that he has been unjustly punished with a two-match ban for his reaction to a career-threatening tackle.

"It is Chelsea's opinion that referees and the football authorities must do more to protect players at all levels of the game from dangerous challenges. This decision also clearly demonstrates a need for consistency and fairness in the disciplinary process.

"The club awaits The FA's written reasons, prior to commenting further."

More to follow...

The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: MATIC ban reduced from 3 matches to 2...

Post by paj »

BIG FREAKING DEAL...THE LEAGUE IS BEING FIXED RIGHT BEFORE OUR VERY EYES... :roll:
Bobo Dan
Egg
Egg

Post by Bobo Dan »

paj wrote:BIG FREAKING DEAL...THE LEAGUE IS BEING FIXED RIGHT BEFORE OUR VERY EYES... :roll:
Well said paj
Funny how these same people turn around to accuse FIFA of manipulation when worst goes on in their backyard
They are so desperately trying to swing the league for "well, we all know who".
Ridiculous!!!!
If I can't express my opinion, I have no reason to be part of this union."
Co Adriaanse - AZ Coach

We’re not rated on the Continent,” said Toshack. “British managers are not, coaches are not, players are not. It’s all 4-4-2, hit the front man, get on the second ball. It hasn’t changed. It frustrates me at times, it really does.”
- John Toshack (British Wales Coach viewtopic.php?t=111511 ).

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

and you opened a thread for this? there are many Matic threads .. this could have been updated on one of those threads..smh ..
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

paj wrote:BIG FREAKING DEAL...THE LEAGUE IS BEING FIXED RIGHT BEFORE OUR VERY EYES... :roll:
So you expect them to rescind the decision on Matic? He got a well deserved red card period. What one should be asking is the fate of that useless ref and the likes of him still trying so hard to ruin the game!. He should have his badge taken off him!

As for rigging the league, perhaps if your coach would concentrate on making his boys play well week in week out and stop being paranoid while pretending he is playing mind games with no one but himself, then Chelsea would have the league wrapped up by the end of the next 5 games. Right now he knows his team like an old truck is leaking oil badly, the engine is creaking from fatigue and cant wait to get back to the terminus for the well deserved rest.

He has succeeded in passing the nonsense we are being persecuted complex to his players, just look at them on the field, every action they raise their hands up in despair..oh we are being persecuted!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

poor decision by the FA. They should have increased it to 10 games. Ivanovic should also be banned for attacking the ref.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

zoldsasok wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
kajifu wrote:

we need Flamini to do double leg sliding tackle on Hazard, Costa and Mourinho.
Fabregas na awa pikin
, so make we leave am alone. :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
we know you love Csec :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

yup..he's my adopted son, the way Platinum adopted Ozil, and Anikulapo adopted Ramsey :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: oops, I meant Wilshere :lol: :lol: :lol:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

oloye wrote:
So you expect them to rescind the decision on Matic? He got a well deserved red card period. What one should be asking is the fate of that useless ref and the likes of him still trying so hard to ruin the game!. He should have his badge taken off him!

As for rigging the league, perhaps if your coach would concentrate on making his boys play well week in week out and stop being paranoid while pretending he is playing mind games with no one but himself, then Chelsea would have the league wrapped up by the end of the next 5 games. Right now he knows his team like an old truck is leaking oil badly, the engine is creaking from fatigue and cant wait to get back to the terminus for the well deserved rest.

He has succeeded in passing the nonsense we are being persecuted complex to his players, just look at them on the field, every action they raise their hands up in despair..oh we are being persecuted!
God bless you,how come the reduced a well deserved red card from 3 games to two?smh.
The 3 games was correct and the ref should be the one to answer to FA.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:poor decision by the FA. They should have increased it to 10 games. Ivanovic should also be banned for attacking the ref.
FA is run by Roman the chelsea owner,how can a straight red card for attacking a fellow player get reduced?
How come Iva back to back league game no red card and possible 4 games ban for attacking the ref?
Roman is trying hard to control the league,this is not Russia.
Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Catalyst »

Please stop it, please.

Common Paj. Haba. See as you dey fall persin hand.
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

:agree:
kajifu wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:poor decision by the FA. They should have increased it to 10 games. Ivanovic should also be banned for attacking the ref.
FA is run by Roman the chelsea owner,how can a straight red card for attacking a fellow player get reduced?
How come Iva back to back league game no red card and possible 4 games ban for attacking the ref?
The reason is because they know that ref was wrong in the way he handled the match...they should have clamped down on the twat. For me the problem I have with this decision is that it sends a message that it is okay to jump (if you can) from a dangerous tackle and retaliate . This is where the folly of the FA screams out. They should have sanctioned Barnes as well. If you reduce Matic's punishment,they indict themselves on many other fronts.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

The FA is to blame for situations like this. The argument about getting the ball first simply doesn't hold - Every player on the field has a duty of care (health & Safety) towards his fellow professional. So you get the gall and kill someone on the field then it's ok? The bottom line is it's only a game and safety comes before winning a tackle.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

oloye wrote:

Bros...I didnt expect them to reduce it..which is why I said "Big freaking deal"...They go by the book when they want to, stick together when they want to, and bend the rules when they want to. This whole "retaliation " thing sef needs to be looked at on a case by case basis especially when it was intentional,with same player having fouled THREE players unpunished: Ivanovic(thigh), Terry(Elbow in face) and Matic. Its not a matter of being paranoid, it's a matter of the game being called consistently. A pk earned is likely 3 points in the bag on AT LEAST THREE OCASSIONS..that's 11 points clear..if it were YOU coaching the team I doubt U'd be quiet knowing your team is doing what it needs to do but incompetency is sabotaging hard work. I know you may be fustrated with Chelsea being in imperfect team but that does not justify the rubbish officiating
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

oloye wrote::agree:
kajifu wrote:
The reason is because they know that ref was wrong in the way he handled the match...they should have clamped down on the twat. For me the problem I have with this decision is that it sends a message that it is okay to jump (if you can) from a dangerous tackle and retaliate . This is where the folly of the FA screams out. They should have sanctioned Barnes as well. If you reduce Matic's punishment,they indict themselves on many other fronts.
U are agreeing with Kajifu? End times are near
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

paj wrote:
oloye wrote::agree:
kajifu wrote:
U are agreeing with Kajifu? End times are near
Maybe the FA is trying to balance the book on thos bogus calls you got last season. Yes I mean the ones refs apologized for. Some teams have had these kind of calls for years and Chelsea is experiencing it for once and the whine and dine campaign goes in full season?
The refs are horrible this season much more than most seasons . no doubt. But to allude theses to a collusion to deprive Chelsea of the EPL trophy is just plain arrant nonsense.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Bobo Dan
Egg
Egg

Post by Bobo Dan »

A Thought provoking blog by a Chelsea Fan .......

The Elephant In The Room

http://chelseafancast.com/2015/02/the-e ... -the-room/

Thought provoking blog by Clayton Beerman on Chelsea’s current lack of form…

Is it just me or are we looking a bit desperate? You will get no argument from me that once again we got the wrong end of at least 3 appalling decisions against Burnley. Had we had got one or both nailed on penalties we would have been home and hosed on Saturday but we didn’t and that’s where my problem begins.

Despite being top who can honestly say we have played well in the last couple of months? With the exception of Swansea away some of our play has been without intensity and lacking creativity. Some will argue we reached the Capital One Cup but there were never times when we dominated the tie in the way Liverpool did in the first leg at Anfield. I am not for one minute questioning the will to win or attitude which got us through. Wins against Everton and Villa were laboured but the sign of a good side is winning when not playing well and we are certainly doing that. Then in all of that who can forget Bradford.

On Saturday I thought we were slow out of the blocks and failed to inject any real tempo. Yes we had many bad decisions but leading 1-0 in a game is never enough and for me we did not test their keeper enough. I can not remember any real saves he had to make in the second half and not too many in the first. We were comfortable until the sending off but never threatened to kill the game. I understand that this was after an away champions league game but that was a Tuesday not Wednesday fixture and with the greatest respect this was Burnley who only ventured over the half way line when we went down to 10 men. Bottom line is we didn’t play very well.

The team on Saturday was good enough to win and should have done. I am however becoming increasingly baffled by the Cuadrado purchase. He has not played long enough for me to have an opinion on how good he is but our manager says and I have no reason to doubt him, that we will see the best of him next season. Why on earth therefore did we then sell a guy with a season and half’s experience who wasn’t exactly shabby and replace him with someone who needs time to settle in? Why not do the trade at the end of the season?

I think that Costa hasn’t hit his straps again since the suspension. He spent a lot of Saturday in a huff. Yes he didn’t get a lot of decisions but seemed more intent on rucking than winning the ball. He had two chances in the second half where a couple of months ago he might have scored; he was just that yard off. That being said it’s hard to think of one clear cut chance created for him either on Saturday or last Tuesday.

Where has the creativity gone? Before Christmas home and away we were playing some amazing football , some of the best I’ve ever seen us play , so what has changed? I don’t get the fatigue thing, these guys are fitter than ever before. Also teams have got wise to us and are harrying us more and committing numerous tactical fouls breaking up our play. The treatment of Hazard has been appalling but teams rotate the fouler and no one (apart from Stoke) has gone out to maliciously harm him. It’s so sad we can not enjoy watching him play.

The initial impact of Cesc has also been lessened , through opposing teams more aware of his danger and a slight drop off in form. Also we are trying to walk the ball in. I fully understand we often play against the 10 men behind the ball but the lack of shots from outside the box is baffling. Against Everton Willian tried and we all saw what happened.

In addition we are suddenly looking vulnerable in the air at the back. It’s strange because Thibaut seemed to be collecting everything early in the season. Whilst it is great to see Petr play and I am huge fan, the swapping of keepers does not help the defence or the keepers. In Jose’s first spell he had a back 4 which did not change and championships are built on defence. With the tail end of the season upon us we need a settled back 4 and stick with it.

All that being said what a nightmare performance from Atkinson. The two penalty claims are free kicks anywhere else on the pitch; he missed the appalling challenge on Matic altogether and now has the gall to say he saw it. How, what an earth was he doing? I have never seen a season where we have been on the wrong end of so many bad decisions. The tone was set in the first half of the first game where Costa was booked for diving where the correct decision was a penalty and a sending off both in our favour.

I am not convinced however that Jose going on to SKY and highlighting the position will achieve anything. I know this situation needs to be highlighted but Jose’s post-match comments were brilliant and dealt with it. Ultimately we just need to get on with it. Games are not going to be replayed, points are not going to be given back and leg breaking tackles are not to be punished.

There is obviously no embarrassing the buffoons at the FA or the referees association. The only response is to win the league and if we can do it this year after all this we can stick two fingers up at everyone. There is a finite amount of points we need and we are good enough to get them. Personally I prefer the media blackout to the media overload.

WE’LL ALWAYS HAVE PARIS

I wasn’t in Paris but as a regular contributor to this fine website I felt I should say something. I’ve been going to Chelsea since the late 60s. I have witnessed the awful behaviour of some of our fans through the decades including the quite reprehensible booing of our black players. I have heard the appalling anti-Semitic chants but over the decades things have become less overt.

So when I heard about the incident on the Metro whilst I was saddened and upset in equal measures I was not surprised. In addition people who were in Paris speak of the “usual” RAF bomber songs and taunting the French about the 2nd world war. I feel for the club. I do not think there is anything they can do that will be enough for some people. It’s been said elsewhere but its worth repeating, that we had the first black manager, the first all overseas eleven, we have an ethnically diverse squad and management and a Jewish owner. What are these people on?

I simply cannot comprehend their abhorrent behaviour, best illustrated to me at a home game against Leicester in the 90s (The game where Frank Leboeuf hit a 90th minute screamer). On that day Leicester had a black goalkeeper called Peggy Arphexad. Every time the ball went to him a guy sitting at the back of the MHU would boo but moments later he was encouraging Marcel Desailly, who was apparently his “brother” as he kept shouting “come on bruv”. To this day I remain baffled by this form of colour blindness. I hope and pray that Sunday passes without incident but I am not holding my breath. Just bring that trophy home on Sunday!

Clayton Beerman @goalie59
If I can't express my opinion, I have no reason to be part of this union."
Co Adriaanse - AZ Coach

We’re not rated on the Continent,” said Toshack. “British managers are not, coaches are not, players are not. It’s all 4-4-2, hit the front man, get on the second ball. It hasn’t changed. It frustrates me at times, it really does.”
- John Toshack (British Wales Coach viewtopic.php?t=111511 ).

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Bobo Dan wrote:A Thought provoking blog by a Chelsea Fan .......

The Elephant In The Room

http://chelseafancast.com/2015/02/the-e ... -the-room/

Thought provoking blog by Clayton Beerman on Chelsea’s current lack of form…

Is it just me or are we looking a bit desperate? You will get no argument from me that once again we got the wrong end of at least 3 appalling decisions against Burnley. Had we had got one or both nailed on penalties we would have been home and hosed on Saturday but we didn’t and that’s where my problem begins.

Despite being top who can honestly say we have played well in the last couple of months? With the exception of Swansea away some of our play has been without intensity and lacking creativity. Some will argue we reached the Capital One Cup but there were never times when we dominated the tie in the way Liverpool did in the first leg at Anfield. I am not for one minute questioning the will to win or attitude which got us through. Wins against Everton and Villa were laboured but the sign of a good side is winning when not playing well and we are certainly doing that. Then in all of that who can forget Bradford.

On Saturday I thought we were slow out of the blocks and failed to inject any real tempo. Yes we had many bad decisions but leading 1-0 in a game is never enough and for me we did not test their keeper enough. I can not remember any real saves he had to make in the second half and not too many in the first. We were comfortable until the sending off but never threatened to kill the game. I understand that this was after an away champions league game but that was a Tuesday not Wednesday fixture and with the greatest respect this was Burnley who only ventured over the half way line when we went down to 10 men. Bottom line is we didn’t play very well.

The team on Saturday was good enough to win and should have done. I am however becoming increasingly baffled by the Cuadrado purchase. He has not played long enough for me to have an opinion on how good he is but our manager says and I have no reason to doubt him, that we will see the best of him next season. Why on earth therefore did we then sell a guy with a season and half’s experience who wasn’t exactly shabby and replace him with someone who needs time to settle in? Why not do the trade at the end of the season?

I think that Costa hasn’t hit his straps again since the suspension. He spent a lot of Saturday in a huff. Yes he didn’t get a lot of decisions but seemed more intent on rucking than winning the ball. He had two chances in the second half where a couple of months ago he might have scored; he was just that yard off. That being said it’s hard to think of one clear cut chance created for him either on Saturday or last Tuesday.

Where has the creativity gone? Before Christmas home and away we were playing some amazing football , some of the best I’ve ever seen us play , so what has changed? I don’t get the fatigue thing, these guys are fitter than ever before. Also teams have got wise to us and are harrying us more and committing numerous tactical fouls breaking up our play. The treatment of Hazard has been appalling but teams rotate the fouler and no one (apart from Stoke) has gone out to maliciously harm him. It’s so sad we can not enjoy watching him play.

The initial impact of Cesc has also been lessened , through opposing teams more aware of his danger and a slight drop off in form. Also we are trying to walk the ball in. I fully understand we often play against the 10 men behind the ball but the lack of shots from outside the box is baffling. Against Everton Willian tried and we all saw what happened.

In addition we are suddenly looking vulnerable in the air at the back. It’s strange because Thibaut seemed to be collecting everything early in the season. Whilst it is great to see Petr play and I am huge fan, the swapping of keepers does not help the defence or the keepers. In Jose’s first spell he had a back 4 which did not change and championships are built on defence. With the tail end of the season upon us we need a settled back 4 and stick with it.

All that being said what a nightmare performance from Atkinson. The two penalty claims are free kicks anywhere else on the pitch; he missed the appalling challenge on Matic altogether and now has the gall to say he saw it. How, what an earth was he doing? I have never seen a season where we have been on the wrong end of so many bad decisions. The tone was set in the first half of the first game where Costa was booked for diving where the correct decision was a penalty and a sending off both in our favour.

I am not convinced however that Jose going on to SKY and highlighting the position will achieve anything. I know this situation needs to be highlighted but Jose’s post-match comments were brilliant and dealt with it. Ultimately we just need to get on with it. Games are not going to be replayed, points are not going to be given back and leg breaking tackles are not to be punished.

There is obviously no embarrassing the buffoons at the FA or the referees association. The only response is to win the league and if we can do it this year after all this we can stick two fingers up at everyone. There is a finite amount of points we need and we are good enough to get them. Personally I prefer the media blackout to the media overload.

WE’LL ALWAYS HAVE PARIS

I wasn’t in Paris but as a regular contributor to this fine website I felt I should say something. I’ve been going to Chelsea since the late 60s. I have witnessed the awful behaviour of some of our fans through the decades including the quite reprehensible booing of our black players. I have heard the appalling anti-Semitic chants but over the decades things have become less overt.

So when I heard about the incident on the Metro whilst I was saddened and upset in equal measures I was not surprised. In addition people who were in Paris speak of the “usual” RAF bomber songs and taunting the French about the 2nd world war. I feel for the club. I do not think there is anything they can do that will be enough for some people. It’s been said elsewhere but its worth repeating, that we had the first black manager, the first all overseas eleven, we have an ethnically diverse squad and management and a Jewish owner. What are these people on?

I simply cannot comprehend their abhorrent behaviour, best illustrated to me at a home game against Leicester in the 90s (The game where Frank Leboeuf hit a 90th minute screamer). On that day Leicester had a black goalkeeper called Peggy Arphexad. Every time the ball went to him a guy sitting at the back of the MHU would boo but moments later he was encouraging Marcel Desailly, who was apparently his “brother” as he kept shouting “come on bruv”. To this day I remain baffled by this form of colour blindness. I hope and pray that Sunday passes without incident but I am not holding my breath. Just bring that trophy home on Sunday!

Clayton Beerman @goalie59
Granted...we're not in early season form...but that's what champion stuff is made of...getting the jobs done despite the struggle..certainly dont need the ref handicapping us further..