ARE U SURE OGA WILL MAKE 06??

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kongi the emir
ARE U SURE OGA WILL MAKE 06??

Post by kongi the emir »

The people that are calling for a SE team without jj might have a point here. The oga i saw today was slow, inactive and at times sluggish. By 06 I think it might be asking too much to ride on his back, he may be able to help us qualify but i doubt if the SE will need him if we do. The man has being to 94,98,02 WC already, i doubt if any team has ever built itself around the same player for 4 consecutives WCs. The likes of Oruma,Obodo etc will be much better options by 06. Oga's defense is terrible at the monent. He will be a big time defensive liability by 06 but i hope he proves me wrong.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ARE U SURE OGA WILL MAKE 06??

Post by airwolex »

kongi the emir wrote:The people that are calling for a SE team without jj might have a point here. The oga i saw today was slow, inactive and at times sluggish. By 06 I think it might be asking too much to ride on his back, he may be able to help us qualify but i doubt if the SE will need him if we do. The man has being to 94,98,02 WC already, i doubt if any team has ever built itself around the same player for 4 consecutives WCs. The likes of Oruma,Obodo etc will be much better options by 06. Oga's defense is terrible at the monent. He will be a big time defensive liability by 06 but i hope he proves me wrong.
Shaaaaaaaaaraaaaaaaap dia!!!!!
Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Catalyst »

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the natural aging process.

Every bad and good thing comes to an eventual end (save for two). We should not be ashamed to think of a Nigerian without Amokachi, Amunike or Yekini. It is not like I am putting Okocha in their category as far as SE is concerned but acknowledging the obvious - those adored by many eventually hang it up for good.

I will still take him to Germany as the only "over-aged player" if I can borrow from the Olympics idiom. The reason for this is not to play him major roles rather for him to be an inspirational voice and body. I will also restrict him to 25-30 second half minutes because his stamina is truthfully declining.

In summary, I will take him save for an unforeseen setback - as a role player (albeit an important one). We have more than enough midfielders waiting in the wings to deliver (fresh hot legs).
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

kongi the emir wrote:The people that are calling for a SE team without jj might have a point here. The oga i saw today was slow, inactive and at times sluggish. By 06 I think it might be asking too much to ride on his back, he may be able to help us qualify but i doubt if the SE will need him if we do. The man has being to 94,98,02 WC already, i doubt if any team has ever built itself around the same player for 4 consecutives WCs. The likes of Oruma,Obodo etc will be much better options by 06. Oga's defense is terrible at the monent. He will be a big time defensive liability by 06 but i hope he proves me wrong.
I was thinking the same thing today! Oga will be a extra luggage come Germany 2006! I don't think he will be able to help us come 2006!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

First of all, the 94 WC team wasn't built around Oga. Secondly Onigbinde said it best when he said and I quote that "If you don't leave football, football will leave you". What you are seeing with Oga is the age factor. With that said, I believe Oga will still be a major factor for Nigeria in WC 06 should we qualify.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
kongi the emir

Post by kongi the emir »

I don dey shake already. Who do we have to replace jj ?? I'd hate to see another weak WC team in 06 if we qualify.I aint sold on Obodo, Osaze is good but can he deliver the magic?? Oruma might be wept out by then.We might have to turn to that chuwkumereye guy in malta for AM. :cry:
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

My friends, let us qualify first before all this talk of who will be there in Germany '06. What we need from JJ right now is to help us qualify for the damn thing.
somebody
Egg
Egg

Post by somebody »

You guyz are ignoring the fact that Okocha has been out with injuries twice this season, and he is just recovering. Of course Okocha will retire after 06, but for now, he still has a lot to offer.
Why do we struggle to live when we are still going to die anyway?
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

Robbynice wrote:
First of all, the 94 WC team wasn't built around Oga. Secondly Onigbinde said it best when he said and I quote that "If you don't leave football, football will leave you". What you are seeing with Oga is the age factor. With that said, I believe Oga will still be a major factor for Nigeria in WC 06 should we qualify.
Excellent point.

Also while it would be stupid to "build around" Okocha at this point (we have other good talent who need a system that enables them ALL) he still has a key role to play.

But its not 4-4-2. We need to adapt to a 4-5-1 (aka 4-2-3-1) using Yak as work horse and having two wide men breaking from deep to use their speed. In this system Okocha would play off the striker like Paul Scholes or Rooney - with two DMs behind. This will conserve his energy.

We also need to start playing games where Okocha is subbed early or even doesnt play at all. Guys like Utaka, Osaze ad yes even Oruma, should be groomed in that advanced playmaker role.

The system must be there in place so that all the players - Okocha included - are like building blocks that can be replaced.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

somebody wrote:You guyz are ignoring the fact that Okocha has been out with injuries twice this season, and he is just recovering. Of course Okocha will retire after 06, but for now, he still has a lot to offer.
The old tested and tried excuse.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

1naija wrote:
somebody wrote:You guyz are ignoring the fact that Okocha has been out with injuries twice this season, and he is just recovering. Of course Okocha will retire after 06, but for now, he still has a lot to offer.
The old tested and tried excuse.

The old tested and tired bashing.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

airwolex wrote:
Shaaaaaaaaaraaaaaaaap dia!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D
bigshawn30
Egg
Egg
Oh boy you dey stupid you no see oga hang for air for almost

Post by bigshawn30 »

Oh boy you dey stupid you no see oga hang for air for almost 5sec like air jordan when he did dat scissor kick against Everton yesterday, man know no say jay jay fit hang like dat in dis late days.
ALL NIGERIA UNDER 17GAMES QUARTER, sEMI & fINAL & All Super Eagles ANC 2008 & PLAYERS INTERVIEWS IN DVD FREE POSTAGE WORLDWIDE PM 4 DETAILS.
Globero
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Globero »

Who will be taking our throw-ins if he does'nt go ? :shock:
From this day forth, I stand by the entity that is ARSENAL.
I'm in despair when we lose, I rejoice when we win and I become emotional for all that happens in between
but may no one dare say I was not there when its all said and done - Globero
theDunamis
Egg
Egg
Re: Oh boy you dey stupid you no see oga hang for air for al

Post by theDunamis »

bigshawn30 wrote:Oh boy you dey stupid you no see oga hang for air for almost 5sec like air jordan when he did dat scissor kick against Everton yesterday, man know no say jay jay fit hang like dat in dis late days.

You know, that is the first time I have ever seen Oga get acrobatic. :lol:
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
kongi the emir

Post by kongi the emir »

If you saw the look on his face after he landed on his backside u wont want to see him be acrobatic again. :D