Time to call time on sideways movement

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Time to call time on sideways movement

Post by cic old boy »

Mikelele is done as an international player. Just stick a fork sideways in it.

He was probably our worst player in all 4 games. One-paced, ponderous in possession, no energy, no imagination, no drive, nothing. Games are won and lost in midfield and having Mikelele there is like waving the white flag b/4 a ball is kicked.

I admit we were short on options, but this is down to Ke$hi being more interested in the moolah than moulding a cohesive unit. What coaches with imagination do, when they can’t find a perfect fit in a position, is convert someone else. I think it is time to try out Efe Ambrose alongside Onazi as a double pivot in midfield.

Ambrose has the strength, the ball-playing skills, the drive and the defensive nous as a centre-back and his passing is a whole lot better than his crossing. I think he would serve us better there than at right-back.

Any new coach with half a brain should know that Mikelele’s strolling days are done.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Time to call time on sideways movement

Post by Tbite »

Yeah we definitely lost both the Argentina and France match in the midfield.

Mikel must not retire, but he should be a bench player.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Chingo Bling
Egg
Egg

Post by Chingo Bling »

cic old boy wrote:Mikelele is done as an international player. Just stick a fork sideways in it.

He was probably our worst player in all 4 games. One-paced, ponderous in possession, no energy, no imagination, no drive, nothing. Games are won and lost in midfield and having Mikelele there is like waving the white flag b/4 a ball is kicked.

I admit we were short on options, but this is down to Ke$hi being more interested in the moolah than moulding a cohesive unit. What coaches with imagination do, when they can’t find a perfect fit in a position, is convert someone else. I think it is time to try out Efe Ambrose alongside Onazi as a double pivot in midfield.

Ambrose has the strength, the ball-playing skills, the drive and the defensive nous as a centre-back and his passing is a whole lot better than his crossing. I think he would serve us better there than at right-back.

Any new coach with half a brain should know that Mikelele’s strolling days are done.
Why try Efe when we have players playing that role regularly for their clubsides?
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Chingo Bling wrote:Why try Efe when we have players playing that role regularly for their clubsides?
B/c he could do it better than them??
http://www.naijiant.com/
kzz5joa
Egg
Egg

Post by kzz5joa »

cic old boy wrote:
Chingo Bling wrote:Why try Efe when we have players playing that role regularly for their clubsides?
B/c he could do it better than them??
I agree here. We need to convert some of our players to defensive midfielders. We really should only have fullbacks that can put in a proper cross.
grandverve
Egg
Egg

Post by grandverve »

Is double pivot a must?
"THE GENTILITY OF A LION SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN AS COWARDICE"

A Manchester United FC FANantic - Our history makes us STRONG, your hatred makes us STRONGER