No Congrats to Miroslav Klose 16 World Cup Goals?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg
No Congrats to Miroslav Klose 16 World Cup Goals?

Post by Benedict Iroha »

I see no thread.....i know the brazilian thrashing overshadow it....but lets give the man credit.....

First saw the guy score an hattrick in the 8-0 demolishing of saudi arabia at the 2002 world cup....good to see him get the record in a 7-1 demolishing of Brazil.
Riversboy
Egg
Egg
Re: No Congrats to Miroslav Klose 16 World Cup Goals?

Post by Riversboy »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well deserved.

Many don't like him, and see him as an opportunist who doesn't deserve to succeed Ronaldo, but I say ntogi to them :taunt:

Goal poaching, cherry picking and positional striking are a deep part of the footballing tradition. We were not all born with flair.

RB.
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote: is this what we celebrate these days, nutmeg?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...that (record) will be revisited after the final + more goals.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

He beat Ronaldo's record & helped destroy his country
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Benedict Iroha wrote:I see no thread.....i know the brazilian thrashing overshadow it....but lets give the man credit.....

First saw the guy score an hattrick in the 8-0 demolishing of saudi arabia at the 2002 world cup....good to see him get the record in a 7-1 demolishing of Brazil.

NO
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:I see no thread.....i know the brazilian thrashing overshadow it....but lets give the man credit.....

NO
You guys are in denial.
Any player who has scored 16 WC goals and still plays on top level at 36 is pure class whether you like him or not.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

DAgrin wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

NO
You guys are in denial.
Any player who has scored 16 WC goals and still plays on top level at 36 is pure class whether you like him or not.
NO
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Riversboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Riversboy »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
DAgrin wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

NO
You guys are in denial.
NO
As if you wouldn't trade Musa, Emenike, Ike Uche to have him :lol: :taunt:

RB.
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote: is this what we celebrate these days, nutmeg?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Riversboy wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
DAgrin wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

NO
You guys are in denial.
NO

RB.

I would trade Babayaro to get him :) :) :)
no mind Dagrin jare, I no say anything bad about Klose's great achievement. I jus no wan congratulate am.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Nonsense (not meant towards you Benedict) but I wont even remember who Klose is when I am on old man
I wil remember nDinho, Zidane though
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Riversboy wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
DAgrin wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

NO
You guys are in denial.
NO

RB.

no mind Dagrin jare, I no say anything bad about Klose's great achievement. I jus no wan congratulate am.
Somehow I even understand why.
Klose is not that kind of superstar the world wants to associate with such a prestigious WC record.
Pure class is not what Klose earned him this record, a lot other WC goalscorers had more talent and class - in my opinion his power of endurance, his self-conscious work on his physical strength even at 36 (being 100% fit when it counts) has earned him this record.
Meticulousness, ambition and discipline, stereo-typed german features are his world class features that deserve credit in my opinion especially if you consider that he surpasses players who were much more talented than him.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

DAgrin wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

NO
You guys are in denial.
16 goals from 4 WC :clap: :clap: :clap:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

DAgrin wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Riversboy wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
DAgrin wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

NO
You guys are in denial.
NO

RB.

Somehow I even understand why.
Klose is not that kind of superstar the world wants to associate with such a prestigious WC record.
Pure class is not what Klose earned him this record, a lot other WC goalscorers had more talent and class - in my opinion his power of endurance, his self-conscious work on his physical strength even at 36 (being 100% fit when it counts) has earned him this record.
Meticulousness, ambition and discipline, stereo-typed german features are his world class features that deserve credit in my opinion especially if you consider that he surpasses players who were much more talented than him.
I agree with everything you have said. A certain Nigerian Superstar #10 who shall remain unnamed, and proclaimed by many as our greatest ever went to 3 WCs and came back with a total of Zero Goals and Zero Assists. First of all, going to 4 WCs is not an easy feat by any standard. Scoring 16 goals...well nobody else has ever done it. The most likely to achieve that if he works hard is Muller...10 from 2 WCs :scared: :scared: :scared:

Kudos to Klose. I just have bad belle for him because he overtook Big Ron, that's all. :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

Nothing to congratulate, might as well be a robot scoring those mechanical goals. Have you ever seen highlights of his goals like you see of Ronaldo's ? No because they are boring team goals and Kline Wil sick like Amoebi in an SE jersey because he won't get the service.
“Whoever invented football should be worshiped as a God.” Hugo Sanchez, Mexican soccer player and coach
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Congrats to him. Should be a short-lived record though as I expect Thomas Muller to smash it in Russia
Niente Ÿ impossibile!