ABIOLA DAUDA SCORED 5TH GOAL OF HIS DUTCH SEASON TODAY

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

JACKAL
Egg
Egg
ABIOLA DAUDA SCORED 5TH GOAL OF HIS DUTCH SEASON TODAY

Post by JACKAL »

Nigerian striker Abiola Dauda is leaving Serbian Red Star Belgrad and will continue his career with Dutch Eredivisie outfit Vitesse Arnhem.

Abiola Dauda had a valid contract with Red Star until thte end of June 2015. Yet he wanted to leave the club, as they were owing him about 150,000 euros in unpaid salaries. Former Kalmar striker was even close to going to court with this issue and was considering his options to terminate his contract. However as it turned out he found an agreement with club officials who agreed that the player can search for a new club and will be paid from the transfer fee. In this case Dauda started going through the offers. There were some from China and Turkey, but finally he decided to go to Vitesse Arnhem. Dutch club paid the fee of 500,000 euros. Red Star received 350 thousand euros, while as agreed earlier Abiola Dauda took remaining 150,000. This way all parties were happy with the deal they made. Nigerian striker finally fot his money, Red Star also earned something on this, while Vitesse bought an interesting striker for relatively low price. It is unknown when Dauda's new contract with Vitesse will expire, but as reported by Dutch media the deal is made for longer period than one year.

http://www.nigeriafootball.com/article, ... etherlands

Not a great move..Ok move, but bad deal.. He shouldnt have made that deal with his former club. The moment they didn't pay him, that contract was void. He should have negotiated for that transfer fee and kept it all 100%
Last edited by JACKAL on Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg
Re: ABIOLA DAUDA MOVES VITESSE ARNHEM OF HOLLAND

Post by JACKAL »

This is what happens to most great African players when they leave Nigeria without good representation and guidance.

Players with marginal talent can go anywhere they want, but this guy to me is a premier talent who should not have ended up on the usual treacherous journey-man route they keep taking. He has been in Europe for 9 years and he is just getting to Holland which is one of the gateway countries for getting into the top 4 leagues in western Europe. This is where he should have started from : He is already 26 years old and he is just about to be discovered.

He has spent 9 years earning peanuts.... now he only has 4 prime years left to do something important in his career. By the time a club like Athletico discovers him, he will only have 2 years to make some real money.

The NFF should have their own way identifying the good ones and designating them top- youth players even if they are not national team players...and have them work with only agents who have real and proven connections and let the player decide who he wants to work with out of that group. They need to educate the players the clubs through seminars otherwise these great players are going to keep ending up in Moldova.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ABIOLA DAUDA MOVES TO VITESSE ARNHEM OF HOLLAND

Post by metalalloy »

Great move for him. :clap: Better late than never. He should be in his prime and this can be a great opportunity for him to make his mark and move onto bigger and better pastures. Drogba got to Marseilles at age 25 if IIRC. Vittesse may be making out like bandits in a year or so after getting him for peanuts.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Good luck to him, he's got the tools to excel.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Good move for him.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Chelsea's second team...hmm... :sneaky:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
lagos777
Egg
Egg

Post by lagos777 »

This bobo na baller.
Mike Ditka quote :
"I didn't say it in those general terms but I said it like that".
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

500K Euros is a scandalously low sum for a player of his calibre who is the top scorer and star striker of a club that are champions of their country (and former European Champions). Vitesse have committed daylight robbery. I was hoping he would join a club playing in European competition (Vitesse finished 6th last season in the Eredivisie). Ah well, he could do some serious damage in Holland.

After all Vitesse are Wilfried Bony's old club and he scored 31 goals in a season there.
F360
Egg
Egg
Re: ABIOLA DAUDA MOVES VITESSE ARNHEM OF HOLLAND

Post by F360 »

Solowe wrote:This is what happens to most great African players when they leave Nigeria without good representation and guidance.

Players with marginal talent can go anywhere they want, but this guy to me is a premier talent who should not have ended up on the usual treacherous journey-man route they keep taking. He has been in Europe for 9 years and he is just getting to Holland which is one of the gateway countries for getting into the top 4 leagues in western Europe. This is where he should have started from : He is already 26 years old and he is just about to be discovered.

He has spent 9 years earning peanuts.... now he only has 4 prime years left to do something important in his career. By the time a club like Athletico discovers him, he will only have 2 years to make some real money.

The NFF should have their own way identifying the good ones and designating them top- youth players even if they are not national team players...and have them work with only agents who have real and proven connections and let the player decide who he wants to work with out of that group. They need to educate the players the clubs through seminars otherwise these great players are going to keep ending up in Moldova.
Funny thing is, I believe his agent is "supposedly" a good Swedish agent. How Dauda ended up going from Sweden to Serbia instead of Holland/Belgium/France etc is beyond me. He went from a league that's a starting point for a lot of foreign players making the move to Europe, to a league that's even less acclaimed than the Swedish league. Now the whole contract issue- like you wrote, that should have rendered the contract void as soon as the 1st paycheck didn't show up. Players can't keep letting some of these clubs play with their money like that. Now Red Star made 350k euros from selling him and didn't even have to pay him back his unpaid wages. Vitesse made out well having to only pay 500k but really they should have been able to sign him for free and Dauda should have had that 500k or close to it coming to him as a signing bonus. Nada for Red Star.
Well like "metalalloy" wrote, Dauda can look up to Drogba as an example of a player making the move onto bigger and better places later on in his career.

--------------------------------------------
goldenera94
Egg
Egg

Post by goldenera94 »

Good luck Abiola
Goldenera94
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Congrats to him
He deserves a chance to play the SE
But I would put behind crhistanus and Imoh who are younger and imho more talented
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Very good move. Now he can be monitored
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Indeed.
If you believe that Chrisantus Macauley is 'younger' than Abiola Dauda, then I have a bridge to sell you in Alaska.
Having seen both Imoh and Dauda play, on current form and talent, I will take Dauda everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.
smartbrother wrote:Congrats to him
He deserves a chance to play the SE
But I would put behind crhistanus and Imoh who are younger and imho more talented
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Otitokoro wrote:Indeed.
If you believe that Chrisantus Macauley is 'younger' than Abiola Dauda, then I have a bridge to sell you in Alaska.
Having seen both Imoh and Dauda play, on current form and talent, I will take Dauda everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.
I share your sentiment, but have no proof of any sort. So it remains just that - sentiment.
You on the other hand speak with the confidence of knowing.
Do you? :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Janganza
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Janganza »

Good for Dauda :thumb: One among many super stars who were overlooked going into the world cup.
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

wiseone wrote:500K Euros is a scandalously low sum for a player of his calibre who is the top scorer and star striker of a club that are champions of their country (and former European Champions). Vitesse have committed daylight robbery. I was hoping he would join a club playing in European competition (Vitesse finished 6th last season in the Eredivisie). Ah well, he could do some serious damage in Holland.

After all Vitesse are Wilfried Bony's old club and he scored 31 goals in a season there.
...Bros, you and Solowe sure do not know the whole story that transpire beneath...the good part is that he is moving forward without any delay...there is no time to waste...season is getting started and bob is not getting younger...God help him to show great stuff that is enough to even push him for a bigger club...possibly January if he is got it...
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Not saying I know all the details of his transfer. Just that $500K is peanuts as a transfer fee for a striker of a champion team in this day and age.
Metho scorpion wrote:
...Bros, you and Solowe sure do not know the whole story that transpire beneath...the good part is that he is moving forward without any delay...there is no time to waste...season is getting started and bob is not getting younger...God help him to show great stuff that is enough to even push him for a bigger club...possibly January if he is got it...
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Its official -- 3year deal
Eredivisie club Vitesse have announced that the club have completed the signing of Swedish-Nigerian attacker Abiola Dauda.

The 26-year-old, who joins the Arnhem based side on a three - year deal, last played for Red Star Belgrade.Technical Director Mo Allach told vitesse.nl: “We are pleased that we have completed the required striker position. It is an important next step in the composition of our first selection.”

Eight years ago,without playing topflight football in his country of birth, Abiola Dauda moved to Europe, penning a deal with Swedish basement side Sölvesborgs GoIF.
http://africansoccer.weebly.com/news/ab ... or-vitesse

The former Kalmar ace was in Scandinavia for seven years before his departure to 1991 European champions Red Star Belgrade in 2013.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

and Haruna is still stuck in Ukraine
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
JACKAL
Egg
Egg
CHEALSEA 3 VS VITESSE 1

Post by JACKAL »

Dauda was on the bench today vs Chelsea .. did not play

Chelsea: Cech (c); Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Cahill, Luis, Van Ginkel, Fabregas, Matic, Salah, Costa, Torres.

Subs: Beeney, Zouma, Terry, Chalobah, Ake, Romeu, Baker, Boga, Solanke

Vitesse: Room, Wallace, Kashia, Van der Heijden, Kruiswijk, Vejinovic, Leerdam, Pröpper, Labyad, Vako, Traore

Subs: Velthuizen, Djurdjevic, Oliinyk, Dauda, Marvelous, Pedersen, Bosz, Ibarra, Diks, Klein-Holte

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z38zRTVd9p
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: CHEALSEA 3 VS VITESSE 1

Post by Damunk »

Solowe wrote:Dauda was on the bench today vs Chelsea .. did not play

Chelsea: Cech (c); Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Cahill, Luis, Van Ginkel, Fabregas, Matic, Salah, Costa, Torres.

Vitesse: Room, Wallace, Kashia, Van der Heijden, Kruiswijk, Vejinovic, Leerdam, Pröpper, Labyad, Vako, Traore

Subs: Velthuizen, Djurdjevic, Oliinyk, Dauda, Marvelous, Pedersen, Bosz, Ibarra, Diks, Klein-Holte

Solanke came out just before the end.
Mourhino thinks he'll play or England in the future.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
F360
Egg
Egg
Re: CHEALSEA 3 VS VITESSE 1

Post by F360 »

Damunk wrote:
Solowe wrote:Dauda was on the bench today vs Chelsea .. did not play

Solanke came out just before the end.
Mourhino thinks he'll play or England in the future.
The kid is a special striker. I saw him playing for the Chelsea U21s last season and he was excellent even though he was/is still quite young. He is tough to handle as a striker. Hopefully for his sake he will be the next Chelsea youngster to come into the 1st team.
Doubt we(Nigeria) can get him though, he doesn't seem as Naija passionate as some of the other Naija Brits on Arsenal, Chelsea, etc U21s.

--------------------------------------------
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

26 years old? lol
anyway its now or never for him. he better deliver the goods