"Our" league is rubbish

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
"Our" league is rubbish

Post by cic old boy »

What do WE think of this guy's comments?
Premier League football is rubbish
• Tweet this

• Email
• The Guardian, Wednesday 23 July 2014 18.57 BST
Before the new season begins and we forget what happened in Brazil, maybe it's time to have a look at the English game. It is now nearly half a century since England won the World Cup (England will not bid for World Cup until Fifa reforms – Dyke, 23 July). There are no plans to change the structure of football in England, as did Germany 10 years ago, when they lost badly. Instead of a national team we've got the Premier League. It's a lousy bargain.

Only five clubs have ever won the Premier League. Apart from a top few teams each year, the others are just punchbag sparring partners, doomed to lose except when they play each other – and always on the edge of bankruptcy. The Premier League says it is the world's top competition. In terms of the money it generates, much of it from the fans and most of it going outside the sport and the country, it is the tops. In terms of quality football, it isn't. A Premier League team has won the top European competition only four times in the 21 years since the league was formed. Premier League matches are usually – apart from the hype – dull. What we saw in the World Cup was a different game.

The top European players, including Gareth Bale, do not play in the Premier League. All but a few of the foreign players in the Premier League are second-rate yet paid enormous salaries. Many are in their late twenties and starting to coast. To call the Premier League "English" may be an offence under the Trade Descriptions Act. The only way to win the league is to get a sugar daddy from abroad to buy your club, a manager and most of "your" team, all from abroad. (Last season only 25% of the players in the Premier League were qualified to play for England.) We'll never win the World Cup again and we'll only rarely win in Europe. Who are the winners in our national game?

Geoff Scargill
Stockport, Cheshire
http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... is-rubbish
http://www.naijiant.com/
tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: "Our" league is rubbish

Post by tfco »

:lol: :lol:

Welcome back

another one who 'conveniently' vanished just like your boy in the WC Final

When are you penning that "Open Letter to Lionel Messi"

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Thicko, you could have gone to this thread to see my views on Messi. I didn’t post them too high for you to see.
Messi has proven he is no Maradona. Maradona was more skilful and could make things happen on his own. Messi needs top, top team-mates in order to deliver.
If you think he was in his pomp in the games against Bosnia, Iran, etc then we watched different games. I hope you know that you can score goals without actually playing well.

Yesterday, he was virtually a passenger in Vlaar's pockets, apart from one dangerous run when he set up Maxi Rodriguez. The claim that Higuain etc have failed to step up actually makes my point for me. Messi needs them to step up for him set the world alight.

I don't know about being revisionist. I look at players on the basis of what they can do with the ball. I just think Maradona had more ability, which made him more difficult to shackle. I also acknowledge that Messi has not been the same since his series of injuries.
So kindly get back to the topic, it is not about Messi, La Liga, Argentina, Spain, etc. It is about “our” league.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:clap: :clap:

congrats on posting AFTER the WC Final.

will dig up last year's thread where I told you he would be 'rubbish' in the WC

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

CIC v tfco....season x is already here.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

anointed wrote:CIC v tfco....season x is already here.
Thats the long and short of our season
Oya back to the matter
open and close
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

cic old boy wrote:What do WE think of this guy's comments?
Premier League football is rubbish
• Tweet this

• Email
• The Guardian, Wednesday 23 July 2014 18.57 BST
Before the new season begins and we forget what happened in Brazil, maybe it's time to have a look at the English game. It is now nearly half a century since England won the World Cup (England will not bid for World Cup until Fifa reforms – Dyke, 23 July). There are no plans to change the structure of football in England, as did Germany 10 years ago, when they lost badly. Instead of a national team we've got the Premier League. It's a lousy bargain.

Only five clubs have ever won the Premier League. Apart from a top few teams each year, the others are just punchbag sparring partners, doomed to lose except when they play each other – and always on the edge of bankruptcy. The Premier League says it is the world's top competition. In terms of the money it generates, much of it from the fans and most of it going outside the sport and the country, it is the tops. In terms of quality football, it isn't. A Premier League team has won the top European competition only four times in the 21 years since the league was formed. Premier League matches are usually – apart from the hype – dull. What we saw in the World Cup was a different game.

The top European players, including Gareth Bale, do not play in the Premier League. All but a few of the foreign players in the Premier League are second-rate yet paid enormous salaries. Many are in their late twenties and starting to coast. To call the Premier League "English" may be an offence under the Trade Descriptions Act. The only way to win the league is to get a sugar daddy from abroad to buy your club, a manager and most of "your" team, all from abroad. (Last season only 25% of the players in the Premier League were qualified to play for England.) We'll never win the World Cup again and we'll only rarely win in Europe. Who are the winners in our national game?

Geoff Scargill
Stockport, Cheshire
http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... is-rubbish
kai!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

The man aint lying
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

just pointing out the HYPOCRITE that's all

he posted every day of the WC, except after the final

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Rubbish is relative
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote:just pointing out the HYPOCRITE that's all

he posted every day of the WC, except after the final
You are such a pathetic liar. What time was the final? Am I under some obligation to burn the midnight oil and post all through the night?

Morning after the night b/4:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=251713
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=251715
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=251714

Still no views on the issue at hand (whether "our" league is rubbish)?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

still no comment on the game, and on your boy's 'display'?

It's been almost 2 weeks.

you were all over the place writing about Cassava Farmer

(chicken el pollo: "but i am nigerian...living in London")

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Ol' boy I just dey grab my popcorn.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

still no comment on the game, and on your boy's 'display'?

It's been almost 2 weeks.

you were all over the place writing about Cassava Farmer

(chicken el pollo: "but i am nigerian...living in London")
Still no comment on the topic – “our” league is rubbish.

I see MY comments about Messi’s performance up to the semi-final are not good enough for you. Neither is quoting El Diego (AFTER THE FINAL) claiming he didn’t deserve to win the best player award. I guess I should be more concerned about Messi than Mikelele in your deranged view. I wouldn’t complain if the Sideways Cassava Farmer cultivated 4 goals for us.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote: I see MY comments about Messi’s performance up to the semi-final are not good enough for you. Neither is quoting El Diego (AFTER THE FINAL) claiming he didn’t deserve to win the best player award. I guess I should be more concerned about Messi than Mikelele in your deranged view. I wouldn’t complain if the Sideways Cassava Farmer cultivated 4 goals for us.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

but el pollo what about the game????

you were all over the germany v brazil loss and in Mikel's thread but vanished quietly after the final....just like your boy did DURING the final

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote:but el pollo what about the game????

you were all over the germany v brazil loss and in Mikel's thread but vanished quietly after the final....just like your boy did DURING the final

Do I look like the Maradona the Saro Argie to you?

Do I need to tell you why Mikelele’s (non)performance is more is more important to me than Messi’s?

Is there anyone on earth that didn’t have more to say about Brazil losing 7-1 at home than Argentina losing 1-0 in the final??

Do you know what Brazil means to many football fans, esp Africans?

I doubt if you knew b/c as a certified WE, for you, football begins and ends in “OUR” league. So, in that light, can you stick to the topic? Do you agree or disagree that “OUR” league is rubbish? Or are you no longer interested in what you admitted is “OUR” league?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:but el pollo what about the game????

Do I look like the Maradona the Saro Argie to you?
no you do NOT

he is straight up and truthful - he supports the Albiceleste or whatever and he's a true Messi fan - win or LOSE

you're a HYPOCRITE who comes out when times are good...and hides when your 'boy' loses. You have shown this trait time and again...

tsk tsk

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote:no you do NOT

he is straight up and truthful - he supports the Albiceleste or whatever and he's a true Messi fan - win or LOSE

you're a HYPOCRITE who comes out when times are good...and hides when your 'boy' loses. You have shown this trait time and again...

tsk tsk
Thicko, the pigheaded pygmy, the facts are getting in the way of your lies.
Messi has proven he is no Maradona. Maradona was more skilful and could make things happen on his own. Messi needs top, top team-mates in order to deliver.
If you think he was in his pomp in the games against Bosnia, Iran, etc then we watched different games. I hope you know that you can score goals without actually playing well.

Yesterday, he was virtually a passenger in Vlaar's pockets, apart from one dangerous run when he set up Maxi Rodriguez. The claim that Higuain etc have failed to step up actually makes my point for me. Messi needs them to step up for him set the world alight.

I don't know about being revisionist. I look at players on the basis of what they can do with the ball. I just think Maradona had more ability, which made him more difficult to shackle. I also acknowledge that Messi has not been the same since his series of injuries.
I posted these from "hiding":

Any word on the issue at hand??
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] Why does the Premiership need more than 50 English players?
[2] The sole purpose behind having Premiership English footballers to is produce players for the England squad
[3] Given the quality of the Premiership, it is delusional to expect it to produce more than say 40 genuine English players
[4] I disagree with the notion that the Premiership is a crap league. It is one of the best in the world
[5] I believe the English Premiership has a collection of some of the world's best players
[6] For me, the Premiership is an international league that just happens to be based in England, kind of like the way the UN building is based in New York
[7] Most of the Premiership players, managers, club owners and above all fans are from outside England. It is the sale of TV rights internationally that generates most of its money
[8] Some old school people want to hark back to the days when the league was all English but those days have long gone
[9] The law of averages will always dictate that with a population of just 50m, there is only so many Premiership players England can produce
[10] Some little Englanders are just harking to the golden age that never was. They will be washed aside by the tide of history!
Chingo Bling
Egg
Egg

Post by Chingo Bling »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] Why does the Premiership need more than 50 English players?
[2] The sole purpose behind having Premiership English footballers to is produce players for the England squad
[3] Given the quality of the Premiership, it is delusional to expect it to produce more than say 40 genuine English players
[4] I disagree with the notion that the Premiership is a crap league. It is one of the best in the world
[5] I believe the English Premiership has a collection of some of the world's best players
[6] For me, the Premiership is an international league that just happens to be based in England, kind of like the way the UN building is based in New York
[7] Most of the Premiership players, managers, club owners and above all fans are from outside England. It is the sale of TV rights internationally that generates most of its money
[8] Some old school people want to hark back to the days when the league was all English but those days have long gone
[9] The law of averages will always dictate that with a population of just 50m, there is only so many Premiership players England can produce
[10] Some little Englanders are just harking to the golden age that never was. They will be washed aside by the tide of history!
Don't derail please,
This thread is NOT about the premiership. It's about CIC vs TFCO part kini kan kini kan.
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] Why does the Premiership need more than 50 English players?
Really? you sure and believe that? its sole purpose is to make money.
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:no you do NOT

tsk tsk
Thicko, the pigheaded pygmy, the facts are getting in the way of your lies.

I posted these from "hiding":

Any word on the issue at hand??
Messi needs top, top team-mates in order to deliver.
wow

3 major posts after your boy stunk up the joint, and how many related to the actual game??. As I was saying you HIDE when things do not go your way

^^ ewu, i have been saying the above for years, it's now you're catching on.

no iniesta, no messi.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:What do WE think of this guy's comments?
]
what did ChICken think of the comments from Marca and Gazeto del Sport (or whatever the fk they call themselves) after NDL Suckers and the Italians were dumped out of he WC?

sees how you be mumu

England dis, England dat....yet you no wan lef.

:roll: :roll:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S