MK DONS 4 MANUTD 0

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: MANUTD CARLING CUP 2RD

Post by platinum »

juventuss wrote:Vidal is not going to fix MAN UTD's problems. Leave the guy along abeg...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Why una let conte leave?
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

platinum wrote:
juventuss wrote:Vidal is not going to fix MAN UTD's problems. Leave the guy along abeg...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Why una let conte leave?
Because of damn Vidal :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
He will come back
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

http://www.naijiant.com/
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

felarey wrote:
PapaK wrote: any average coach can win cup competitions once in a while. Winning league titles is where the real challenge is. The two ECL that thief won had more to do with luck. How Bayern didnt win in 99, and why Terry had to slip can only be attributed to some very potent Scottish witchcraft
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

:D :D

welcome back papak

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

George Bush
Egg
Egg

Post by George Bush »

Manure gbegbedi, gbegbedidi manure! Manure gbegbedi, Egbedidodo..... :taunt:
Manure gbegbedi, gbegbedidi manure! Manure gbegbedi, Egbedidodo..... :taunt: :taunt:
Manure gbegbedi, gbegbedidi manure! Manure gbegbedi, Egbedidodo..... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Manure gbegbedi, gbegbedidi manure! Manure gbegbedi, Egbedidodo..... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Oti sheleh!!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

amafolas wrote:
Kargamania wrote:
amafolas wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
oloye wrote:It is going to end in tears with LVG if care is not taken, I can only hope his temperament would hold. How was sir Fergie doing it?
When some of us were telling this board that SAF was from another planet, we were told he wasn't a good coach but a good motivator. It is visible to the blind that the players Man U currently have are very average. SAF made that team look good because of his brain. SAF was the Zen master in EPL.

Watch him come back and put things in order!!
Especially the last few years, Manure had a very average team. I felt they won for 4 reasons

1. Ferguson could get players to play out of their skin. He was a supreme motivator.
2. ManU had a fear factor which beats most teams before stepping on pitch
3. Refs. Those guys gave ManU at least 9 undeserved pts a season due to fear of Ferguson
4. His minnow coaches that he planted at teams like Wigan etc that were good for 4-0 ManU win every season but played out their skin against everyone else.
Forget 3 and 4. It's exaggerated. We all saw how they demolished teams like Arsenal and Roma with 7 and 8 goals with no referee's assistance. They also won Euro champs league posting solid performance against the very best in the world under Ferguson. When a team plays all out fast-paced attacking football they will always spend more time in the opponents danger zone and hence more pressure on defenders and possibility of more penalties. Man United under Ferguson were a different beast, almost untouchable on their day. It is what it is, the current bunch is the exact opposite at least for now.
jokes apart though, 3 is really not a lie, maybe it's exaggerated but it's not totally unfounded. Even point #4 might have a tiny shade of truth to it.

I am willing to give Ferguson his due. The guy was a heckuva manager Period. The most impressive thing for me is that every dominant team he had, usually had 3 or 4 guys that were near shite but were playing regularly and somehow performing for ManU. Guys like quinton fortune, nicky butt, one of the neville brothers, Sylvester, and recently the likes of Johny Evans, danny welbeck. Some of those guys will barely make the grade at a mid-table team but somehow Ferguson kept winning with them. Respect. :clap:
#4 is VERY CORRECT :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: All those SAF former boys lead their teams to dash Manure points every season. Manure could easily win the league without doing particularly well vs other top 4 teams. They would just mercilessly destroy all small teams, get PKs here and there, get extra minutes at Old Toilet. Any ref that crosses them gets insulted by Fergie and Rooney with no repercussions.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Kargamania
Egg
Egg

Post by Kargamania »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
amafolas wrote:
Kargamania wrote:
amafolas wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
oloye wrote:It is going to end in tears with LVG if care is not taken, I can only hope his temperament would hold. How was sir Fergie doing it?
When some of us were telling this board that SAF was from another planet, we were told he wasn't a good coach but a good motivator. It is visible to the blind that the players Man U currently have are very average. SAF made that team look good because of his brain. SAF was the Zen master in EPL.

Watch him come back and put things in order!!
Especially the last few years, Manure had a very average team. I felt they won for 4 reasons

1. Ferguson could get players to play out of their skin. He was a supreme motivator.
3. Refs. Those guys gave ManU at least 9 undeserved pts a season due to fear of Ferguson
4. His minnow coaches that he planted at teams like Wigan etc that were good for 4-0 ManU win every season but played out their skin against everyone else.
Forget 3 and 4. It's exaggerated. We all saw how they demolished teams like Arsenal and Roma with 7 and 8 goals with no referee's assistance. They also won Euro champs league posting solid performance against the very best in the world under Ferguson. When a team plays all out fast-paced attacking football they will always spend more time in the opponents danger zone and hence more pressure on defenders and possibility of more penalties. Man United under Ferguson were a different beast, almost untouchable on their day. It is what it is, the current bunch is the exact opposite at least for now.
jokes apart though, 3 is really not a lie, maybe it's exaggerated but it's not totally unfounded. Even point #4 might have a tiny shade of truth to it.

I am willing to give Ferguson his due. The guy was a heckuva manager Period. The most impressive thing for me is that every dominant team he had, usually had 3 or 4 guys that were near shite but were playing regularly and somehow performing for ManU. Guys like quinton fortune, nicky butt, one of the neville brothers, Sylvester, and recently the likes of Johny Evans, danny welbeck. Some of those guys will barely make the grade at a mid-table team but somehow Ferguson kept winning with them. Respect. :clap:
#4 is VERY CORRECT :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: All those SAF former boys lead their teams to dash Manure points every season. Manure could easily win the league without doing particularly well vs other top 4 teams. They would just mercilessly destroy all small teams, get PKs here and there, get extra minutes at Old Toilet. Any ref that crosses them gets insulted by Fergie and Rooney with no repercussions.
None of them got walloped 8-2.
But instead of going out of the pitch Odinga seized the card from referee Sabitu and flashed it back at the referee. It took the intervention of Sharks' assistant coach, Nduka Ndubuisi before the card was retrieved from the player and handed back to the referee.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

True. Solid Man manager

Built up due to many years of success and good marketing.

Fergie liked questioning every suspicious call that went against his team. So they rather err on the side of caution. This is true for certain managers that challenge referess e.g. Mourinho, Wenger, Simeone. Dont see anything wrong with that.

Not true. Or else one would explain why the likes of Blackburn walloped Fergie at home thanks to a Bentley hattrick. Was Moyes a Fergie plant? Wenger?

Most of the above are beer parlour tales. Once someone sits down and looks at the full scope of Fergie's career in detail i.e. football match after football match. all of this would be mostly disproved. One doesnt win a cup with Aberdeen beating strong European teams because of the above. Not to mention his winning two Champions League trophies. NA YAM??
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Betterment by association. United were successful and generally had the necessary compliment of quality that, through osmosis, diffusion and various other forms of active transport, brought performance beyond the ability of the other make weights. As the class and calibre of the squad regressed, so too did that of its buffers, leaving them awash with mediocrity. A complete overhaul is not least essential, but unavoidable, mandatory almost. Tactically, they can still deploy a back three, but will need to swell the midfield and move the width further up the field. For now, the clobberings will become commonplace.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Cristao II wrote:1. Ferguson could get players to play out of their skin. He was a supreme motivator.

True. Solid Man manager

Fergie liked questioning every suspicious call that went against his team. So they rather err on the side of caution. This is true for certain managers that challenge referess e.g. Mourinho, Wenger, Simeone. Dont see anything wrong with that.

Not true. Or else one would explain why the likes of Blackburn walloped Fergie at home thanks to a Bentley hattrick. Was Moyes a Fergie plant? Wenger?

Most of the above are beer parlour tales. Once someone sits down and looks at the full scope of Fergie's career in detail i.e. football match after football match. all of this would be mostly disproved. One doesnt win a cup with Aberdeen beating strong European teams because of the above. Not to mention his winning two Champions League trophies. NA YAM??
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Cristao II wrote:1. Ferguson could get players to play out of their skin. He was a supreme motivator.

True. Solid Man manager

Voice of reason
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

This lineup beat Arsenal 8-2. Ferguson was a MASTER. LVG is too but he has to get to know his team first.

Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Kargamania
Egg
Egg

Post by Kargamania »

akamoke wrote:

True. Solid Man manager

Voice of reason
Spot on!

We keep forgetting that the smaller teams like Newcastle, Blackburn etc walloped Fergie's team at one time or the other but he has a way of whipping his team back to shape after each disgrace. Also, for No.4 to hold true, then Arsene Wenger, Moyes, past Liverpool and Tottenham coaches must all be Fergie's boys. He even beat Arsenal 4-0 at a time playing an injury-depleted team with 7 defenders. I tend to dislike him for other reasons but give the old man his dues. Cristao II was spot on!
But instead of going out of the pitch Odinga seized the card from referee Sabitu and flashed it back at the referee. It took the intervention of Sharks' assistant coach, Nduka Ndubuisi before the card was retrieved from the player and handed back to the referee.
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Sondoco's got some nerves displaying this in front of the Theater Of Dreams. O ma se o. :lol:

WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Thunder wrote: Image
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Oh my God, what did I do? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

platinum wrote:This lineup beat Arsenal 8-2. Ferguson was a MASTER. LVG is too but he has to get to know his team first.

no mind the haters

SAF was a fu.cking genius.

Yet some Internet Blogging Chicken will come mention a game against Juve in 2002 when he was beaten..therefore he was tactically naive

smh

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

platinum wrote:This lineup beat Arsenal 8-2. Ferguson was a MASTER. LVG is too but he has to get to know his team first.

Look at the bench. Fergie took major risks. It is extremely light on class central midfielders.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

tfco wrote:

no mind the haters

Yet some Internet Blogging Chicken will come mention a game against Juve in 2002 when he was beaten..therefore he was tactically naive

smh
Haters say some of the daftest things you will ever hear on earth. Some clowns said sir Fergie was winning because he planted his boys in the epl...just when you thought you could not hear anything more daft. A team got walloped 8-2 i checked the coach he was not from sir Fergie school of coaching he was supposed to be a professor of football. Take it or leave. Sir Fergie was a geniuse
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote:no mind the haters

smh
You can revisit this thread to see the roll call of experts that didn’t rate the “tactical anarchist”.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=240244
Lee Sharpe, Del Bosque, Schmeichel, Joey Barton, Paul Parker, Jan Molby, Paul Ince, etc.
http://www.naijiant.com/
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:no mind the haters

smh
You can revisit this thread to see the roll call of experts that didn’t rate the “tactical anarchist”.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=240244
Lee Sharpe, Del Bosque, Schmeichel, Joey Barton, Paul Parker, Jan Molby, Paul Ince, etc.
All of you were simply wrong!
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

oloye wrote:
tfco wrote:

no mind the haters

smh
Haters say some of the daftest things you will ever hear on earth. Some clowns said sir Fergie was winning because he planted his boys in the epl...just when you thought you could not hear anything more daft. A team got walloped 8-2 i checked the coach he was not from sir Fergie school of coaching he was supposed to be a professor of football. Take it or leave. Sir Fergie was a geniuse
...one can say too, that Keshi's approach to SE is as genius as SAF. Some coaches (foreign or local) take average SE players to games never achieved but Keshi took same average and achieved :thumbs:
Coaching is all mental psychology, not necessarily tactic.