FED CUP FINAL: Enyimba 2 Dolphins 1 FT..Udoh, Okonkwo;Eduok

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
FED CUP FINAL: Enyimba 2 Dolphins 1 FT..Udoh, Okonkwo;Eduok

Post by anointed »

The competition is still alive o.

Live now at the Teslim Balogun. Stadium.

Still 0-0 and approaching 20th minute. Dolphins have been the more of the aggressor.

Stadium is largely empty.
Last edited by anointed on Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: FEDERATIONS CUP FINAL: Enyimba v Dolphins

Post by anointed »

Emem Eduok a thorn in Enyimba's flesh but Enyimba's goalie Femi Thomas has held his bound so far with various stops.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
GIN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GIN »

Thanks, Anointed.
Any web link to watch the match?
Samson Siasia speaking FACTs about 2008.
“I have been waiting for this job for almost three years now and that was before the 2008 Beijing Olympics. I was to be the coach of the Super Eagles after the interview conducted for the job. But that time I said no, I wasn’t ready. Now that I am ready, I am not intimidated at all. I am ready for this job,” he declared matter-of-factly" http://africanfootball.mtnfootball.com/ ... m_ID=36099
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

GIN wrote:Thanks, Anointed.
Any web link to watch the match?
Watching on TV. Supersport Select Channel 233. Wouldn't know if there's an online link but I really doubt there will be one.

HT now.

Dolphins have been the more enterprising side with their star striker Emem Eduok being a handful for Enyimba. He took the difficult situations well but ironically it was an easy sitter like low cross from the left that he bungled.

Rival striker, Mfon Udoh, of Enyimba has been a passenger mostly while Dolphins goalie, Sunday Rotimi, yes Sunday Rotimi, could have taken Valium in the game though he did spill the ball once and then caught by sprawling on the turf like a playful spaniel in a grassy park.

It benumbing to note that the ref didn't deal with a cople of career threatening tackle. They were straight from the jungle. One was by Emeka Nwana (that guy still dey play too) and the other one by Sikiye or something. Those would have been red cards even in Hell in a Cell.

Dolphins had 4 shots with 3 on target while Enyimba's only shot went off target.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Enyimba 1-0 Mfon Udoh....great goal.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Enyimba prior to the goal had been holding sway in mf. In fact, I was almost writing that Udoh was doing playing so deep. The move that led to the goal must have had like up to 20 touches...possibly a Dolphins interception in between until it got Udoh swept past a guy they call Terminator and unleashed an unstoppable left foot drive from the edge of the box that flew past Rotimi like a RPG and slammed against the back of the net.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Meanwhile, Rotimi has saved a one on one with Udoh as the Enyimba striker, positioned at an angle, tried to curl the ball round him. It was anther well orchestrated move by Enyimba.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Segun Odegbami in the house
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Samson Siasia and Waidi Akanni too
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

2-0 Chinonso Okonkwo

What on earth happened to Dolphins defence? They just shut down like a PC. Okonkwo stole the ball from a defende like it was Kenneth Omeruo all over again
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Has anyone ever seen Stephen Keshi or Daniel Amokachi watch football in Naija stadium before? I'm serious cos it beggars the question of how they came about their lists of home based players they invited to camp.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: FEDERATIONS CUP FINAL: Enyimba 2 Dolphins 0...Udoh, Okon

Post by anointed »

2-1 Emem Eduok...another well worked goal
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
GIN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GIN »

anointed wrote: Watching on TV. Supersport Select Channel 233. Wouldn't know if there's an online link but I really doubt there will be one.
Keep up with your commentaries. Thanks again.
Samson Siasia speaking FACTs about 2008.
“I have been waiting for this job for almost three years now and that was before the 2008 Beijing Olympics. I was to be the coach of the Super Eagles after the interview conducted for the job. But that time I said no, I wasn’t ready. Now that I am ready, I am not intimidated at all. I am ready for this job,” he declared matter-of-factly" http://africanfootball.mtnfootball.com/ ... m_ID=36099
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: FED CUP FINAL: Enyimba 2 Dolphins 1...Udoh, Okonkwo; Edu

Post by anointed »

Dolphins sliced open Enyimba with neat, fast and crisp passes that left Thomas at the mercy of Eduok though at an angle but striker was able to place the ball around Thomas, pulling one back for Dolphins who have played in 4 finals like this Utd have never lost any.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

GIN wrote:
anointed wrote: Watching on TV. Supersport Select Channel 233. Wouldn't know if there's an online link but I really doubt there will be one.
Keep up with your commentaries. Thanks again.
Pleasure is all mine :thumbs:
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

anointed wrote:2-0 Chinonso Okonkwo

What on earth happened to Dolphins defence? They just shut down like a PC. Okonkwo stole the ball from a defende like it was Kenneth Omeruo all over again
Just a slight correction, it was Udoh who stole the ball off the dozing defender for Okonkwo to score

Enyimba looking for a third but goalie catches the high ball
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

4 mins added
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Sumptuous flick by Udoh to Okonkwo who unleashes a thunderous shout but Rotimi was well placed to punch it to safety
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

FT
CHAMPIONS Enyimba retain Fed Cup
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Babatunde Fasola to present cup.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FED CUP FINAL: Enyimba 2 Dolphins 1 FT..Udoh, Okonkwo;Ed

Post by aruako1 »

Nzogbu! Enyimba Enyi! Another title for the People's Elephant! Meanwhile it is over 3 decades since Rangers won anything.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Is that now a tripple for Enyimba?

They need to get their stadium back in shape and gun for another continental trophy.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Riversboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Riversboy »

I could only watch the first half. Glad Dolphins lost and Rivers Angels won the Ladies' trophy again :thumbs:

RB.
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote: is this what we celebrate these days, nutmeg?