Amaju Pinnick meets Chuba Akpom

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oyek
Egg
Egg
Amaju Pinnick meets Chuba Akpom

Post by oyek »

Pinnick meets Akpom, Iwobi’s parents in London

Amaju-Pinnick1
NFF President Amaju Pinnick has met with parents of some ravemaking Nigerian youngsters across the top rank in England.

On his way to an official meeting with FIFA President, Mr. Sepp Blatter at the Home of FIFA on Wednesday morning, the NFF stopped over in the England capital and watched Sunday’s FA Cup fifth round match between Arsenal and Middlesbrough at the Emirates.

“I was able to see Kenneth Omeruo and Chuba Akpom at the match. I am meeting the parents of a number of these youngsters this time and have plans to meet all of them and also their parents in due course.

“You see, some of them might have represented England at junior level, but they are willing to represent Nigeria at senior level, and that is what we are looking at. We are looking at strengthening our teams at all levels and these players are willing, once we can convince them that there is a new set-up in Nigeria football.”

Pinnick’s diary has noted 18 –year old attacking midfielder Alex Iwobi of Arsenal, who has joined up with the country’s Olympic Team ahead of their departure for an 11th All-Africa Games qualifying match against Gabon in Libreville on Saturday, as well as former Chelsea centre back Joshua Debayo, also 18, now on the books of another Premiership team, Southampton. He is also an England U-18 international.

There are also Fejiri Okenabirhie, 19 –year old former Arsenal winger, now with Stevenage; 19-year old Brighton FC striker Chike Kandi, formerly with Chelsea FC and; Chelsea and England U-19 defender Ola Aina, 18.

Mayowa Balogun, 18, is a versatile defender with Wigan Athletic FC while Arsenal defender Semi Ajayi is getting better by the day.
http://www.thenff.com/2015/02/16/pinnic ... ts-london/
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
oyek
Egg
Egg
Re: Amaju Pinnick meets Chuba Akpom

Post by oyek »

This is the way to go. Now let's see how many of them will be convinced to don the green white green.

Good job Mr Pinnick
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The fool can't even higher s coach but he's running around spending oil money on meets people like he's Santa Claus.
OCCUPY NFF!!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The fool can't even higher s coach but he's running around spending oil money on meets people like he's Santa Claus.
You are calling someone a FOOL yet you can't spell HIRE :lol:

People sha :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

SMDH!!!
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

anikulapo wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The fool can't even higher s coach but he's running around spending oil money on meets people like he's Santa Claus.

The caliber of people wan man pikin dey read every day for here be that .
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

anikulapo wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

oyek wrote:Pinnick meets Akpom, Iwobi’s parents in London

Amaju-Pinnick1
NFF President Amaju Pinnick has met with parents of some ravemaking Nigerian youngsters across the top rank in England.

On his way to an official meeting with FIFA President, Mr. Sepp Blatter at the Home of FIFA on Wednesday morning, the NFF stopped over in the England capital and watched Sunday’s FA Cup fifth round match between Arsenal and Middlesbrough at the Emirates.

I was able to see Kenneth Omeruo and Chuba Akpom at the match. I am meeting the parents of a number of these youngsters this time and have plans to meet all of them and also their parents in due course.

“You see, some of them might have represented England at junior level, but they are willing to represent Nigeria at senior level, and that is what we are looking at. We are looking at strengthening our teams at all levels and these players are willing, once we can convince them that there is a new set-up in Nigeria football.”

Pinnick’s diary has noted 18 –year old attacking midfielder Alex Iwobi of Arsenal, who has joined up with the country’s Olympic Team ahead of their departure for an 11th All-Africa Games qualifying match against Gabon in Libreville on Saturday, as well as former Chelsea centre back Joshua Debayo, also 18, now on the books of another Premiership team, Southampton. He is also an England U-18 international.

There are also Fejiri Okenabirhie, 19 –year old former Arsenal winger, now with Stevenage; 19-year old Brighton FC striker Chike Kandi, formerly with Chelsea FC and; Chelsea and England U-19 defender Ola Aina, 18.

Mayowa Balogun, 18, is a versatile defender with Wigan Athletic FC while Arsenal defender Semi Ajayi is getting better by the day.
http://www.thenff.com/2015/02/16/pinnic ... ts-london/
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

anikulapo wrote:

don't mind that illiterate!
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

oyek wrote:This is the way to go. Now let's see how many of them will be convinced to don the green white green.

Good job Mr Pinnick
...yep, way to go. get dem ready made kids. Meanwhile our u17 are being treated like shiiit.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

mcal wrote:
oyek wrote:This is the way to go. Now let's see how many of them will be convinced to don the green white green.

Good job Mr Pinnick
...yep, way to go. get dem ready made kids. Meanwhile our u17 are being treated like shiiit.
mcal,

There should not be a problem with what Pinnick is doing. However, he should not automatically believe that those kids are better than those at home. Thus, he and the coaches must be highly selective in picking those playing for foreign clubs and they must face competition from the home lads.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

mcal wrote:

Good job Mr Pinnick
While I'm not suggesting the nff abandon our cadet and grassroot programs, every Nigerian willing to play for the national team should be given an opportunity. They are not mutually exclusive.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Enugu II wrote:
mcal wrote:

Good job Mr Pinnick
mcal,

There should not be a problem with what Pinnick is doing. However, he should not automatically believe that those kids are better than those at home. Thus, he and the coaches must be highly selective in picking those playing for foreign clubs and they must face competition from the home lads.
...the time and energy and especially money he is putting in to fly across the seas to see these kids and their parents, 1/10th of it could have been spent in Nigeria where football is the only known sport.
Everyone plays it, and every parent in Nigeria want their kids to play.
Let us not be sugar-coated and be clouded by the fanciness of Picnic meeting so so and so stars from so so and so big name clubs in Europe.
We are being deceived.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

oyek wrote:
mcal wrote:

Good job Mr Pinnick
While I'm not suggesting the nff abandon our cadet and grassroot programs, every Nigerian willing to play for the national team should be given an opportunity. They are not mutually exclusive.
...we only hear bad news and sufferings about our cadet teams but Picnic loves to hype around in Europe looking for ready-made. Something smells.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Pinnick/NFF should also scout for young bright intelligent coaches (those England will not recognize or promote) that developed some of these boys and incorporate them in our programe and system. You never know they may grow to become a dream SE coach
patrick
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by patrick »

oyek wrote:
mcal wrote:

Good job Mr Pinnick
:agree:
When people try to use you to gain relevance, just ignore them. It pains them even more
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The Notorious B!GGESTMAN wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

don't mind that illiterate!
Do u fools know that you can actually spell something correctly but it would appear incorrect depending of your computer settings? I though the grammar police has been put outta business on CE until u fools resurfaced like bacteria on Shyte. Ko ni da fun gbo yin patapata. Ki gbo in she off da nu!! :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

mcal wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
mcal wrote:

Good job Mr Pinnick
mcal,

...the time and energy and especially money he is putting in to fly across the seas to see these kids and their parents, 1/10th of it could have been spent in Nigeria where football is the only known sport.
Let us not be sugar-coated and be clouded by the fanciness of Picnic meeting so so and so stars from so so and so big name clubs in Europe.
We are being deceived.
mcal,

Make no mistake, several persons understand what is happening. However, if he gets some work done while traveling all over the world, that should not be a problem. The only thing, I hope, is that he is not using NFF money to fly to the Arsenal games where it is understood he is a season-ticket holder. Those should be done with his own funds.

I do believe he has some good ideas to move the NFF forward and I sincerely hope he can implement them. The biggest concern is his decision to politic with appointment of an NT coach. This is a decision that he should quickly take instead of cowing under the fear of fear itself.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Enugu II wrote:
mcal wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
mcal wrote:

Good job Mr Pinnick
mcal,

We are being deceived.
mcal,

Make no mistake, several persons understand what is happening. However, if he gets some work done while traveling all over the world, that should not be a problem. The only thing, I hope, is that he is not using NFF money to fly to the Arsenal games where it is understood he is a season-ticket holder. Those should be done with his own funds.
...the cynic in me says otherwise. In Nigeria we don't question leaders, and we've known audits are never done.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

mcal wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
mcal wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
mcal wrote:

Good job Mr Pinnick
mcal,

We are being deceived.
mcal,

...the cynic in me says otherwise. In Nigeria we don't question leaders, and we've known audits are never done.
Let me put on my proper naija hat and explain this

If he goes to England during a match our people go say he don go watch game.

If he goes when there's no match dem go say na shopping trip.

If he makes a phone call dem go say he's not serious

If he doesn't do anything at all dem go call am useless

If he does all of the above dem go call am wasteful, useless goat wey dey show off like he sabi but na proper wastepipe.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

I like the idea and I like the fact that the guy is making an effort but he has to prioritize and our priority right now is getting a permanent manager/coach for the super eagles. He should put in more time and effort into achieving this.
yes o
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

anikulapo wrote:

Choi! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
patrick
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by patrick »

papilo wrote:I like the idea and I like the fact that the guy is making an effort but he has to prioritize and our priority right now is getting a permanent manager/coach for the super eagles. He should put in more time and effort into achieving this.

Brinkmanship
When people try to use you to gain relevance, just ignore them. It pains them even more