Amaju Pinnick meets Chuba Akpom

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Amaju Pinnick meets Chuba Akpom

Post by mcal »

patrick wrote:
mcal wrote:
patrick wrote: Pinnick na u biko, keep slapping d haters :clap: :clap: :clap:
...campaign fotos. Go back home to the jungle and show them him dey rub shoulders with oyinbo :lol: :lol:
Mcal,

Pinnick is building relationship, it is very vital for NFF
...we go see, sidddon dey look. When his time is up a new thief will come in choose a club to build relationship with, that na naija way.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

pinnick = man of action
he needs to go to holland get otigba to commit as well
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote:
mcal wrote:
patrick wrote: Pinnick na u biko, keep slapping d haters :clap: :clap: :clap:
...campaign fotos. Go back home to the jungle and show them him dey rub shoulders with oyinbo :lol: :lol:
:roll: Na wa for you o. Weytin dey block your tubes nowadays?
...it hurts right? It hurts to call out inept thieves especially if one is gaining from their thievery.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The fool can't even higher s coach but he's running around spending oil money on meets people like he's Santa Claus.
You are calling someone a FOOL yet you can't spell HIRE :lol:

People sha :rotf:
don't mind that illiterate!
Do u fools know that you can actually spell something correctly but it would appear incorrect depending of your computer settings? I though the grammar police has been put outta business on CE until u fools resurfaced like bacteria on Shyte. Ko ni da fun gbo yin patapata. Ki gbo in she off da nu!! :thumb:

Baba Ibadan, this your amala logic is not working. We understand, your 'transcriber' picked up on the Ibadan intonation.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

smartbrother wrote:pinnick = man of action
He doesn't need any convincing. This Pinnick guy is just a fraud tbh...

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=10829
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

Metho scorpion wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The fool can't even higher s coach but he's running around spending oil money on meets people like he's Santa Claus.
You are calling someone a FOOL yet you can't spell HIRE :lol:

People sha :rotf:
...o man...Ifa and igbo don scatter n'head...he is a uselessly useless man...you do not get better from him than higher...hahahah...Mr highers
Has it come to this? A pensioned man on methadone is joining in the humiliation?
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

Sunset wrote:

:boo: :boo: :boo:
yes o
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

For me, living and working in England over the years has served to reinforce my strongly held belief that there is no substitute for investing and developing your own. I commend and applaud Amaju's efforts but only of it serves to ensure we invest, develop and build our own football structures and systems to develop our future football stars to play the Nigerian way.

I am very concerned at the 'Whiteman knows best' mentality. I have worked for years with them and I know this is not case, we are all equal and if given equal opportunities we can all thrive. What we must do is develop our own in all spheres of life. We cannot rely on the West to develop our players, we must do it ourselves.

Besides, I actually think some of these players will say no. The very good ones will be pressurised by the English FA and already Chuba is under pressure. The reason is, Wenger does not give you a 4 to 5 years contract if he does not see something special in you. The English know this and they will not let Chuba go to Nigeria if they can help it.

Yesterday, he was asked persistently if he has chosen Nigeria over England, during an #AskAkpom Twitter session, he said no. When pressurised further, he gave this response:

Chuba says: "Hopefully still playing for @Arsenal and the England senior team too. I want to emulate the Arsenal legends" #AskAkpom
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Waffiman,

It is good that the NFF makes attempt to get these guys (The good ones) to play for Nigeria. My only grouse is that the NFF must be selective because some of these guys may not even be as good as guys at home. Thus, NFF cannot simply chase every player simply because the player is based in Europe.
Waffiman wrote:For me, living and working in England over the years has served to reinforce my strongly held belief that there is no substitute for investing and developing your own. I commend and applaud Amaju's efforts but only of it serves to ensure we invest, develop and build our own football structures and systems to develop our future football stars to play the Nigerian way.

I am very concerned at the 'Whiteman knows best' mentality. I have worked for years with them and I know this is not case, we are all equal and if given equal opportunities we can all thrive. What we must do is develop our own in all spheres of life. We cannot rely on the West to develop our players, we must do it ourselves.

Besides, I actually think some of these players will say no. The very good ones will be pressurised by the English FA and already Chuba is under pressure. The reason is, be Wenger does not give you a 4 to 5 years contract if he does not see something special in you. The English know this and they will not let Chuba go to Nigeria if they can help it.

Yesterday, he was asked persistently if he has chosen Nigeria over England, during an #AskAkpom Twitter session, he said no. When pressurised further, he gave this response:

Chuba says: "Hopefully still playing for @Arsenal and the England senior team too. I want to emulate the Arsenal legends" #AskAkpom
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Spot on E11.

In my view, there must be equality of opportunity in the selection process. We must be careful not to promote this idea of the foreign based players being better. Consequently, giving them privileges not given to Naija based players.

Above all, we must continue to develop our own. We can look at other systems and look to improve our own. It is all about realising the sacred importance of knowing how to catch the fish, as opposed to being given the fish.

You alluded to the best players, Chuba is one of the best and it looks like he has made his choice.
Enugu II wrote:Waffiman,

It is good that the NFF makes attempt to get these guys (The good ones) to play for Nigeria. My only grouse is that the NFF must be selective because some of these guys may not even be as good as guys at home. Thus, NFF cannot simply chase every player simply because the player is based in Europe.
Waffiman wrote:For me, living and working in England over the years has served to reinforce my strongly held belief that there is no substitute for investing and developing your own. I commend and applaud Amaju's efforts but only of it serves to ensure we invest, develop and build our own football structures and systems to develop our future football stars to play the Nigerian way.

Besides, I actually think some of these players will say no. The very good ones will be pressurised by the English FA and already Chuba is under pressure. The reason is, be Wenger does not give you a 4 to 5 years contract if he does not see something special in you. The English know this and they will not let Chuba go to Nigeria if they can help it.

Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Besides, I actually think some of these players will say no. The very good ones will be pressurised by the English FA and already Chuba is under pressure. The reason is, Wenger does not give you a 4 to 5 years contract if he does not see something special in you. The English know this and they will not let Chuba go to Nigeria if they can help it.

...if so, why are you commending and applauding his effort? What effort? Sucking up to white man?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Q: Chuba, where do you see yourself in five years?

Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

platinum wrote:Q: Chuba, where do you see yourself in five years?

Platinum,

To be frank, any of these players who is extremely good and is a shoo-in for England will choose England ahead of Nigeria. Why? They are basically English. They have schooled there, played there, and socialized there and thus that is the easier choice. IMHO, the players more likely to choose Nigeria are those on the fringe. With those on the fringe, Nigeria has to make a calculated decision on whether or not they are good enough for us as well.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

papilo wrote:
Sunset wrote:

:boo: :boo: :boo:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=258431
patrick
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by patrick »

Sunset wrote:

Sorry, this link is JJ. FYI, no Nigerian journalist has spoken to Otigba, the only person that has succeeded so far is Calvin that apparently spoken to his dad. I know this because couple of Nigerian journalists sent him a message but he refused to reply and two of them told me.
Last edited by patrick on Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When people try to use you to gain relevance, just ignore them. It pains them even more
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

"@megafebian: @thenff Amechi Pinnick on CNN. I just love this dude . He would take our football to next level."
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

patrick wrote:
Sunset wrote:

Sorry, this link is JJ. FYI, no Nigerian journalist has spoken Otigba, the only person that has succeeded so far is Calvin that apparently spoken to his dad. I know this because couple of Nigerian journalists sent him a message but he refused to reply and two of them told me.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

When some of us branded that site fraudulent...
We were abused and harangued with tales of 'Super Agent' and Co.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

in less than 6 months Pinnick as NFF president has visited more overseas players personally than Keshi did in 3 years as SE coach
Yet some are complaining calling him fraud etc
smh
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

smartbrother wrote:in less than 6 months Pinnick as NFF president has visited more overseas players personally than Keshi did in 3 years as SE coach
Yet some are complaining calling him fraud etc
smh
Is it the job of the NFF chairman to visit players? My guy lets call this what it is and that is a photo opp and a chance to watch his favorite team Arsenal play ball...Anything else na just tales by moonlight. A correct NFF chairman will hire a coach and let the coach do his job...But your hatred for Keshi no let you see road and frankly that is a shame, a damn shame...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Sunset wrote:

Na wah o.

How pipul jos dey comfortable to call pipul fraud for Intanet dey taya me.

How is he a fraud?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

If Nigeria was a serious country they would provide a private jet for legends like Kanu and JJ to meet with Chuba and his parents and make a serious presentation to this kid about how he can boost his rep by choosing Naija ... Hell Harry Kane and Sturbridge and even Welbeck/Berahino are not old cargos and are playing regularly so his chances will be limited
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Catalyst »

Our people will continue to be hoodwinked to a large extent because we fail at asking the right question.

Do you people think this guy went to actually see Chuba Akpom? My goodness people wake up. Chuba and the rest are just "detours" or rather the 2nd or 3rd birds. The primary reason has not been disclosed. Notice how Sir V and co will never say anything about the true details of what is going on. To each his own I guess.

@Pinnick #Arsenal4Life
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Catalyst wrote:
@Pinnick #Arsenal4Life
This is rather disgraceful. Can you imagine the chairman of English or French, or Italian or Germany FA openly stating their love of a foreign club.

What about Jordan Ibe? I guess Pinnick tour didn't reach Liverpool?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim