Keshi stays! Amokachi OUT, Salisu IN, Okpala returns.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Keshi stays! Amokachi OUT, Salisu IN, Okpala returns.

Post by vancity eagle »

yannick wrote:Okpalla is our secret weapon

Why not just hire Okpala as coach, and rid us of the football fraud.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ikemba wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
cito us wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
ikemba wrote:Name a better one!

SSS...Feelings based or facts based?
Garba....Untried with senior guys. Has potential though.
Amodu...???Really? Golden Bronze?

Any of these would be better than Ke$hit, and I am sure there are others. Give someone else a chance, they cannot possibly do any worse.

Neither SSS or Amodu has lost a competitive qualifying match, much less one at home.

No coach can be worse than Ke$hi, to fail to be one of the top 2 out of 4 in such a piss poor group. Let me ask u a question. How far low does Ke$hi have to sink before you would be convinced that he is not the way forward ?

Why do u want to set a precedent of rewarding utter and complete disgraceful failure ? Is this the way forward ?
Neither has won the ANC :idea: . So Amodu has gotten your approval :lol: :lol:

Answer my question. What does ke$hi have to do for u not to support him as coach ? How much more must he fail ?
Last edited by vancity eagle on Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yannick
Egg
Egg

Post by yannick »

vancity eagle wrote:

Why not just hire Okpala as coach, and rid us of the football fraud.
The bulk of the technical input will evidently come from the likes of Okpalla, as long as the habit of junk players been called up is over...then we have little or nothing to worry about in regards to Keshi.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Catalyst wrote:
bushboy wrote:Does Okpala have his coaching badges? Oliseh, Finidi, and other qualified candidates are wasting away.
Finidi is not wasting away, why would you say that? Is there something you know we do not know?

Oliseh, wants certain conditions met. I am not sure the NFF have met his conditions.
Oliseh who? he is not whom we thought he is; definitely not a coach material or he would have had the job by now
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Please sir, what living was Klinsman earning when he was named German national team coach?!
Sometimes, you have to take a chance and lets see what a man can do. This idea that you cannot succeed unless you start with U-17 is silly. Afterall, Keshi failed woefully at U-20 level.[/quote]

- This is Nigeria not Germany who have a solid grassroots soccer system, dare say Oliseh/Keshi/Siaone sef will succeed as coach in Germany.
- The U- teams was meant to see Oliseh performance in a not to risky situation for his own career and our sanity. you twisted that to imply I meant he has to succeed at that first really ?

Its really a good idea to be objective and keep emotions ( Good and Bad ) aside in these discussions no one said Oliseh is a bad choice just that some of us will like to see him do "something" and that something no be to experiment with our GWG.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Super Eagle
Egg
Egg
Re: Keshi stays! Amokachi OUT, Okpala returns.

Post by Super Eagle »

yannick wrote:I can surely make do with this, Okpala was always the missing link...Amokachi with due respect to him offered nothing :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Keshi/Okpala combo was the AFCON 2013 success story.
KPOM!!! You don tok am finis.....to add anything else would be uncivilized! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Note to: Emir Kongi, big porkey, and smartbrother: Don't talk unless you can improve the silence. (c)
www.awooze.com

#BringBackOurGirls
Hashtag #KeshiDonHammer
Super Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by Super Eagle »

muyiwalawal wrote:I'm really happy with the return of Okpala. Poor Amokachi...
Over to Oga Keshi.
#innerCacus
What I find funny about this thread is that #innerCacus said it and nobody raised any doubts at all. Nobody asked for "the source". It really pays to maintain an impeccable reputation amongst your peers sha.

#InnerCacus 'nuff rexpect :thumbs: :thumb:
Note to: Emir Kongi, big porkey, and smartbrother: Don't talk unless you can improve the silence. (c)
www.awooze.com

#BringBackOurGirls
Hashtag #KeshiDonHammer
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

Super Eagle wrote:
Over to Oga Keshi.
#innerCacus
What I find funny about this thread is that #innerCacus said it and nobody raised any doubts at all. Nobody asked for "the source". It really pays to maintain an impeccable reputation amongst your peers sha.

One day earlier that same muyiwalawal posted "It is almost certain that Pinnick will now opt for his foreign coach which he has advocated for since he acceded to NFF presidency."

Is that really the #innerCacus oracle you want us to believe he is.
About 2 or 3 times he anounced Keshi has finally signed a deal when contract talks where on hold and stagnating.
As of late 'innerCacus has not really been reliable - maybe the ambition to always be the first to report important news is a bit of a harm here.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
yannick
Egg
Egg

Post by yannick »

Super Eagle wrote:
yannick wrote:I can surely make do with this, Okpala was always the missing link...Amokachi with due respect to him offered nothing :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Keshi/Okpala combo was the AFCON 2013 success story.
KPOM!!! You don tok am finis.....to add anything else would be uncivilized! :clap: :clap: :clap:
my brother nah so I see am, I surely wouldn't vouch for Keshi because he is still tactically limited BUT truth is you need a good back up to make up for your deficiencies...Okpala was the backbone of Keshi and his efficient management as assistant coach was very consequential to our 2013 victory...the moment he left, our fortunes began to dwindle...I don't even think Amokachi has a good relationship with Keshi, so the combination was just one bad chemistry from the onset.
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

DAgrin wrote:
Super Eagle wrote:
Over to Oga Keshi.
#innerCacus

One day earlier that same muyiwalawal posted "It is almost certain that Pinnick will now opt for his foreign coach which he has advocated for since he acceded to NFF presidency."

About 2 or 3 times he anounced Keshi has finally signed a deal when contract talks where on hold and stagnating.
As of late 'innerCacus has not really been reliable - maybe the ambition to always be the first to report important news is a bit of a harm here.
bros u go allow them to dey decieve them self .. Had it been na something against Keshi some ego tripping baised moderator( catalyst) go don lock the thread since ...some of us knw differently .
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
JMObi
Egg
Egg

Post by JMObi »

I doubt this is true not unless another position has been created for amo da bull.
O na-abu ife na-eme ufodu e ekolopu anyi adi elota n’ife obuna nwelu mbido ga enwelili njedebe - Celestine Ukwu

“The sun will shine on those who stand before it shines on those who kneel under them." -- Chinua Achebe
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Catalyst wrote:
paj wrote:
Catalyst wrote:
paj wrote:
ikemba wrote:So it was not Goodluck . Hate him all you want, he is our best local coach right now. Glad to see Quick Silver back! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:roll:
If not him who? And give us as much detail as possible on how you arrived at that.
I'm not giving U jack.. U sound like those GEJists that think he should stay because of some bloody musical chair...if U cant deduce from our recent performances I cant help U
Inherent sign of weakness and lack of substance.

I understand you bro, carry go.
Na U sabi...when coach struggle to beat Sudan and Kenya at home with MULTIPLE horrible displays I no sabi wether na borrowed eye U take dey look match ... U need to wipe the taste of Keshi's #$% off ya lips maybe U go reason right...ewu :twisted:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

KingLoku wrote:
DAgrin wrote:
Super Eagle wrote:
Over to Oga Keshi.
#innerCacus

bros u go allow them to dey decieve them self .. Had it been na something against Keshi some ego tripping baised moderator( catalyst) go don lock the thread since ...some of us knw differently .
Mu guy, how body? November 26th dey fast approach oh...Birthday Party Tinz for me and mommy...Na Thanksgiving day for Yankee too... :D
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

Robbynice wrote:
KingLoku wrote:
DAgrin wrote:
Super Eagle wrote:
Over to Oga Keshi.
#innerCacus

Mu guy, how body? November 26th dey fast approach oh...Birthday Party Tinz for me and mommy...Na Thanksgiving day for Yankee too... :D
Mugu !!! Abeg stay off any things soccer for here , just stick to donation of money .. :rotf:
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

KingLoku wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
KingLoku wrote:
DAgrin wrote:
Super Eagle wrote:
Over to Oga Keshi.
#innerCacus

Mugu !!! Abeg stay off any things soccer for here , just stick to donation of money .. :rotf:
Mu guy, why you think say I dey discuss Birthday Tinz... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
GIN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GIN »

Neither SSS or Amodu has lost a competitive qualifying match, much less one at home. These are facts not feelings.
I guess Togo stunning Nigeria at home in 2011 is no longer considered a loss in your mind.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/13390537
Samson Siasia speaking FACTs about 2008.
“I have been waiting for this job for almost three years now and that was before the 2008 Beijing Olympics. I was to be the coach of the Super Eagles after the interview conducted for the job. But that time I said no, I wasn’t ready. Now that I am ready, I am not intimidated at all. I am ready for this job,” he declared matter-of-factly" http://africanfootball.mtnfootball.com/ ... m_ID=36099
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

GIN wrote:
Neither SSS or Amodu has lost a competitive qualifying match, much less one at home. These are facts not feelings.
I guess Togo stunning Nigeria at home in 2011 is no longer considered a loss in your mind.

Yes because that was the full national team wasn't it you clown.
GIN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GIN »

vancity eagle wrote:
GIN wrote:

Did Togo beat Nigeria at home? yes or no?
“I have been waiting for this job for almost three years now and that was before the 2008 Beijing Olympics. I was to be the coach of the Super Eagles after the interview conducted for the job. But that time I said no, I wasn’t ready. Now that I am ready, I am not intimidated at all. I am ready for this job,” he declared matter-of-factly" http://africanfootball.mtnfootball.com/ ... m_ID=36099
GIN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GIN »

ikemba wrote: Neither has won the ANC :idea: . So Amodu has gotten your approval :lol: :lol:
Don't mind the joker.
ChristianNo1
Egg
Egg

Post by ChristianNo1 »

Why not make him the coach instead of Keshi?
"The wicked man flees though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion." --Proverbs 28:1
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ChristianNo1 wrote:
Good question? This Okpala myth is a conjecture if you ask me? There is hardly any solid evidence to support the claim.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

These people sound like someone seeing a mirage in a desert and believing its the path to survival.
Truth is, I very much doubt he brings anything tangible to the table.
The whole Keshi thing is a farce, if you ask me.
Enugu II wrote:
ChristianNo1 wrote:
Good question? This Okpala myth is a conjecture if you ask me? There is hardly any solid evidence to support the claim.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

GIN wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
GIN wrote:

Did Togo beat Nigeria at home? yes or no?
Yes but that was not a full international, it was the WAFU cup. The WAFU cup is not even recognized by FIFA as a major tournament or major friendly.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx