US just beat Holland 4-3, in Amsterdam

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
US just beat Holland 4-3, in Amsterdam

Post by Scipio Africanus »

:shock:

Came back from 1-3 down.

Dempsey no play, Altidore no play.

Wha choo looking at?!
Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: US just beat Holland 4-3, in Amsterdam

Post by Catalyst »

Friendly. Nuff said.

Shake the hands of Team USA players and move on. Let us not make it bigger than it should. This is good for the underdog, USA, just like we beat France in Paris.

Holland is not losing sleep over this.
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Catalyst wrote:Friendly
Yes, I am sure the Dutch wanted to lose to the US for the first time in their long and proud footballing history.

Wha choo looking at?!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Watched the game. Danny Blind sucks!! He purely sucks and whoever the Dutch had as a RW, Narsingh .. ugghh.

That said the USA played a high tempo game with a lot width. It was really no shocker - the Dutch looked like a tornado was going through them!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Cristao II wrote:Watched the game. Danny Blind sucks!! He purely sucks and whoever the Dutch had as a RW, Narsingh .. ugghh.

That said the USA played a high tempo game with a lot width. It was really no shocker - the Dutch looked like a tornado was going through them!!
was this a friendly ?

im sure you have watched football long enough to know not to judge a player based on one game, did you watch netherlands in Brazil 2014
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Catalyst wrote:Friendly. Nuff said.

Shake the hands of Team USA players and move on. Let us not make it bigger than it should. This is good for the underdog, USA, just like we beat France in Paris.

Agree with you, but Holland have cause for concern in defence, based on the evidence on display. The US actually have cause for optimism, from what I saw.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

benteke wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Watched the game. Danny Blind sucks!! He purely sucks and whoever the Dutch had as a RW, Narsingh .. ugghh.

was this a friendly ?

im sure you have watched football long enough to know not to judge a player based on one game, did you watch netherlands in Brazil 2014
He's commenting about this friendly. The Dutch might be the best thing since iced kenke but he said they suck in this friendly.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

I think Mexico also beat them in the same Amsterdam late last year. The Dutch are good going forward, they seem to think defending is optional though...the way their wingbacks were exposed time after time and got sucked out of position was embarrassing. With that said, they opened up the usa like a can of tuna all game long. It's mad that they lost this game.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

pajimoh wrote:
benteke wrote:

was this a friendly ?

He's commenting about this friendly. The Dutch might be the best thing since iced kenke but he said they suck in this friendly.
i can see, but i was getting the impression that he was saying player x purely sucks, rather than saying players x had a terrible game today.

on that he is wrong
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

benteke wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
benteke wrote:

was this a friendly ?

i can see, but i was getting the impression that he was saying player x purely sucks, rather than saying players x had a terrible game today.

on that he is wrong
I know you trying to defend your Manu player but bobo suck today :boo: :boo:
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

platinum wrote:I think Mexico also beat them in the same Amsterdam late last year. The Dutch are good going forward, they seem to think defending is optional though...the way their wingbacks were exposed time after time and got sucked out of position was embarrassing. With that said, they opened up the usa like a can of tuna all game long. It's mad that they lost this game.

They def took their foot off the pedal around the 75th minute, person face keeper face to face and tried a fancy lil pass. That being said, kudos to the US for continuing to play.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Catalyst »

Cally wrote:
Catalyst wrote:Friendly. Nuff said.

Agree with you, but Holland have cause for concern in defence, based on the evidence on display. The US actually have cause for optimism, from what I saw.
It is a friendly. Just one friendly for that matter.

Do not be concerned. Especially not for an established nation like Germany or Holland. I remember one year when some country went to Germany and trashed them in Germany. It turned out to be much ado about nothing.

This win is good USA - apathy for Holland, in the grand scheme.
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Sometime, I just have to shake my head and move on. It is clear that USA is moving on up. In three more years when the USA now beat Holland in the WC proper opaks would be flowing around that they were lucky. SMHBT! Good win for the USA.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Very impressed with how Klinsman is rebuilding the US team since the WC. Hasn't always gone well and while one has to always factor in the nature of these friendly games, very impressed nonetheless.

Looking forward to the Gold cup.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

kajifu wrote:
benteke wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
benteke wrote:

was this a friendly ?

on that he is wrong
I know you trying to defend your Manu player but bobo suck today :boo: :boo:
i'm not defending his performance today, read again, if he had a terrible game he had a terrible game, its indisputable.

But generally as a player he does not suck, thats all i'm saying.

However Netherlands has really been poor as a team in recent times, i would think they should be concerned about their performances, friendly or not
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

The Americans are doing what they need to do to develop their football from grassroots through league

They will reap the benefits of their investment
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

benteke wrote:

was this a friendly ?

Cry me a river. He sucked big time. It was clear that he was deliberately trying to injure Yedlin on multiple occasion. Thank goodness Yedlin's speed and agility helped him big time. Blind looked like one clumsy oaf trying to dance ballet with a Russian champion.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
phantomjournalist
Egg
Egg

Post by phantomjournalist »

Watched the highlights.....the US central defense looked pretty shambolic on all three of the goals. They need to sort that out.

Michael Bradley had a hand in 2 of the 4 goals....the guy is a stud and would be a solid player in any league.

Lots of Germerican players though....even more than before. :huh:
Blue is the color.
Killa Adjei wrote: Barcelona won the champions league something your useless team can only touch in their dreams..
%$#@^& moron.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

phantomjournalist wrote:Watched the highlights.....the US central defense looked pretty shambolic on all three of the goals. They need to sort that out.

Michael Bradley had a hand in 2 of the 4 goals....the guy is a stud and would be a solid player in any league.

Bradley is a beast of a player. The way he covered ground for that 4th goal was something else. And he plays effortlessly.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

phantomjournalist wrote:Watched the highlights.....the US central defense looked pretty shambolic on all three of the goals. They need to sort that out.

If the US Central defense looked "pretty shambolic on all three of the goals" then the Dutch central defense looked disgustingly pisspoor and atrocious.

I watched the game.

--------------------------------------------
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

Completely agree with everything you wrote(but keep in mind the Dutch also gave the US team many problems when Huntelaar was on the pitch).

Also, please please please don't insult Danny Blind.

You mean the overrated and overhyped (but impressively versatile) Daley Blind.
I didn't rate him amongst all the Dutch players in the World Cup, I was ambivalent when United signed him, and I still don't think he is anything special. From what I saw in the match yesterday, he shouldn't be allowed to come close to a back 3 ever again.

--------------------------------------------
phantomjournalist
Egg
Egg

Post by phantomjournalist »

F360 wrote:

If the US Central defense looked "pretty shambolic on all three of the goals" then the Dutch central defense looked disgustingly pisspoor and atrocious.

I watched the game.
Not sure what any of that has to do with the US central defense. I'm speaking as a US national team fan. What the Dutch defense looks like is not my business.
Blue is the color.
Killa Adjei wrote: Barcelona won the champions league something your useless team can only touch in their dreams..
%$#@^& moron.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

F360 wrote:

Completely agree with everything you wrote(but keep in mind the Dutch also gave the US team many problems when Huntelaar was on the pitch).

Also, please please please don't insult Danny Blind.

You mean the overrated and overhyped (but impressively versatile) Daley Blind.
I didn't rate him amongst all the Dutch players in the World Cup, I was ambivalent when United signed him, and I still don't think he is anything special. From what I saw in the match yesterday, he shouldn't be allowed to come close to a back 3 ever again.
My bad - Danny na the papa. Daley Blind sucked!!

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8