BUSHBOY VS GARBA: THE PROSECUTION'S CASE (PT. 1)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
BUSHBOY VS GARBA: THE PROSECUTION'S CASE (PT. 1)

Post by bushboy »

Good morning my brodas,

First of all, let me start by saying job well done to the lads for a good win this morning. I look forward to the Germany game.

However, the main focus of this post is that dark skinned man who roams the sidelines during our games. The talkative, brash, and arrogant man. The sentimental, vindictive and brilliant man. The HORRIBLE man manager. Manu Garba.

If I write everything I would like, this might end up being one of the longest posts in CE history! I have many musing about the lead up to this world cup. The game against Brazil. The game against N. Korea. But I will make this post part 1, and focus solely on the game against Hungary, and what I perceive as a major flaw in Manu...his bad man managment.

Heading into the game against Hungary, it was common knowledge that it would take a VERY big loss to keep us from progressing to the next round. The Hungarian coach in his post match commentsspoke of trying a few fresh legs to show him a thing or two in readiness for the second round. What did Manu do? He sarted what he is telling us is now his "first team." So in essence, our first team played the Hungarian team B today.

This game was the PERFECT time for Manu to give some fresh legs a chance. Kelechi has NOT had nearly enough playing time in this tournament. If he is needed at a crucial point of a knock out game, he would have to come in lacking sharpness. Moses Simon won the Belgian league and has scored a hat-trick in senior professional football. You park him on the bench. Ezeh and Nwakali were among the first to arrive in camp. They participated fully in the Germany training camp and you don't bother to give them a run in a 'meaningless' game??

The fact that Manu started Yahaya, Success, Kelechi all in what was by far the toughest game we had, and the fact that he was almost boastful in the lead up to that game, tells you that he knows of the quality of these lads. Does one loss now diminish that quality? Are they now suddenly useless?

Manu's tactics let him down against brazil. He panicked and accidentally stumbled on a lineup that has won him 2 games in a row...against less than formidable opposition. Now he wants to stick with them. Emotional. Sentimental. Lucky. There are many words i can use to describe Manu. But "good coach" will not be two of them.
Last edited by bushboy on Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: BUSHBOY VS GARBA: THE PROSECUTION'S CASE (PT. 1)

Post by metalalloy »

bushboy wrote:Good morning my brodas,

First of all, let me start by saying job well done to the lads for a good win this morning. I look forward to the Germany game.

However, the main focus of this post is that dark skinned man who roams the sidelines during our games. The talkative, brash, and arrogant man. The sentimental, vindictive and brilliant man. The HORRIBLE man manager. Manu Garba.

If I write everything I would like, this might end up being one of the longest posts in CE history! I have many musing about the lead up to this world cup. The game against Brazil. The game against N. Korea. But I will make this post part 1, and focus solely on the game against Hungary, and what I perceive as a major flaw in Manu...his bad man managment.

Heading into the game against Hungary, it was common knowledge that it would take a VERY big loss to keep us from progressing to the next round. The Hungarian coach in his post match commentsspoke of trying a few fresh legs to show him a thing or two in readiness for the second round. What did Manu do? He sarted what he is telling us is now his "first team." So in essence, our first team played the Hungarian team B today.

This game was the PERFECT time for Manu to give some fresh legs a chance. Kelechi has NOT had nearly enough playing time in this tournament. If he is needed at a crucial point of a knock out game, he would have to come in lacking sharpness. Moses Simon won the Belgian league and has scored a hat-trick in senior professional football. You park him on the bench. Ezeh and Nwakali were among the first to arrive in camp. They participated fully in the Germany training camp and you don'g bother to give them a run in a 'meaningless' game??

The fact that Manu started Yahaya, Success, Kelechi all in what was by far the toughest game we had, and the fact that he was almost boastful in the lead up to that game, tells you that he knows of the quality of these lads. Does one loss now diminish that quality? Are they now suddenly useless?

Manu's tactics let him down against brazil. He panicked and accidentally stumbled on a lineup that has won him 2 games in a row...against less than formidable opposition. Now he wants to stick with them. Emotional. Sentimental. Lucky. There are many words i can use to describe Manu. But "good coach" will be not two of them.

You know you usually make a lot of valid points, but you dilute the quality of your posts with the likes of the highlighted. Don't become vancity E part 2. You are more rational than that, most times.. :D
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Manu does not know how to manage 'big names.' His handling of these boys has been piss poor! It is almost like he has promised the other naija based 'academy' players an opportunity to advertize their wares so they can get European contracts. How can a coach start playing favorites? He then hides behind "sometimes the bench is stronger than the starters"...why not put Messi on the bench and start Pedro, so you can "win the game from the bench?"
These boys deserve better than this. The way Manu is acting, it is likely a big chunk of the boys will not get PT. His handling of Kelechi troubles me. The boy is a superstar! You cannot bench him in the games that he needs to get his confidence! Kelechi would have dominated against N.Korea and Hungary. What is Manu saying to the world? The guy is good enough for Man city, but can't cut it on an U-20 Nigerian team? C'mon now!
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

Two wins. Zero goals conceded. No case to answer. Case closed!
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

^^
I am not discussing his wins and losses. I am talking about his man managment, or lack of it.
Who will be next?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

bushboy wrote:Manu does not know how to manage 'big names.' His handling of these boys has been piss poor! It is almost like he has promised the other naija based 'academy' players an opportunity to advertize their wares so they can get European contracts. How can a coach start playing favorites? He then hides behind "sometimes the bench is stronger than the starters"...why not put Messi on the bench and start Pedro, so you can "win the game from the bench?"
These boys deserve better than this. The way Manu is acting, it is likely a big chunk of the boys will not get PT. His handling of Kelechi troubles me. The boy is a superstar! You cannot bench him in the games that he needs to get his confidence! Kelechi would have dominated against N.Korea and Hungary. What is Manu saying to the world? The guy is good enough for Man city, cut can't it on an U-20 Nigerian team? C'mon now!

Do you honestly believe there is a gulf in class between the euro based players and the "starter" as wide as the gulf between Messi and Pedro? Give the coach the benefit of the doubt, like you said, he started all these players in the first and arguably toughest game. Unfortunately there are just too many talented mouths to feed on that team. They will play a part in the next round. I get your point that we haven't faced any opponent that has tested us like Brazil did in the first game, NK and an already qualified Hungary didn't play us under the same circumstances. That being said, you also have to concede that the midfield has appeared a lot more settled with the addition of Sokari and Idowu. Saviour has more than justified his place. There are only 11 spots available on game day and each one of these kids has a more than decent argument for a starting spot. I no go lie, i also would have liked to see the euro players with more time yesterday too, but they so called "starters" acquitted themselves.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

^^
You miss the point. I am speaking about man managment. The game today was perfect for Kelechi, Ezeh, Yahaya, Simon, Nwakali all to play and start! Were we worried that Hungary would beat us 8-0?? These players have feelings too! You think sitting on the bench is fun? Manu should have played the guys who have had little to no action. I don't like his blind loyalty and sentimental selections. If he has the "many talents" at his disposal, why not play them. That bench should have been cleared for today's game. That was the perfect game for it. Let the boys see action and stake their claim! Until Nwakali plays, how will we know how he has developed since 2013? How are we sure he is not better than both Ifeanyi's?? I don't understand why Manu is refusing to play some players and is blindly loyal to others!
Who will be next?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

bushboy wrote:Manu does not know how to manage 'big names.' His handling of these boys has been piss poor! It is almost like he has promised the other naija based 'academy' players an opportunity to advertize their wares so they can get European contracts. How can a coach start playing favorites? He then hides behind "sometimes the bench is stronger than the starters"...why not put Messi on the bench and start Pedro, so you can "win the game from the bench?"
These boys deserve better than this. The way Manu is acting, it is likely a big chunk of the boys will not get PT. His handling of Kelechi troubles me. The boy is a superstar! You cannot bench him in the games that he needs to get his confidence! Kelechi would have dominated against N.Korea and Hungary. What is Manu saying to the world? The guy is good enough for Man city, but can't cut it on an U-20 Nigerian team? C'mon now!
My brother I am thinking the same thing. It seems those without foreign contracts are given time so they can try and attract clubs. I mean that Bulbwa is beyond useless. Saviour cannot even clean the boots of Moses, Success, or Yahaya.

The first touch of Moses and he displayed dribbling skill that neither Bulbwa or Saviour have shown in their 2 matches.

Sokari continues to give the ball away most times he attempts anything other than the trademark Mikel back pass. It is clear there are 2 different standards for judging player performances.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ogiso wrote:Two wins. Zero goals conceded. No case to answer. Case closed!

Against inferior opposition. Do u know Hungary was beaten 6-1 by Portugal in qualifying ?
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Even if Manu Garba manages to win the tournament with the current starters, some here will still find
faults with that. Sometimes I wonder what and how people think. Is it not the job of a coach to choose his
team? What's the use of hiring a cook and still be patrolling the kitchen?
(Abeg add small salt. the pepper the pepper too much. The thing is not fully cooked, abi e no done sef?)

bushboy
, can you please reserve your intrusive complaints for when Manu's team gets knocked out?
Thanks.
Last edited by joao on Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

vancity eagle wrote:
My brother I am thinking the same thing. It seems those without foreign contracts are given time so they can try and attract clubs. I mean that Bulbwa is beyond useless. Saviour cannot even clean the boots of Moses, Success, or Yahaya.

The first touch of Moses and he displayed dribbling skill that neither Bulbwa or Saviour have shown in their 2 matches.

Sokari continues to give the ball away most times he attempts anything other than the trademark Mikel back pass. It is clear there are 2 different standards for judging player performances.
The two both of yous have serious problems.

How much more faith can coach Manu display in the foreign based guy when he started them against Brasil?

They lost their spot because Manu preferred TEAM CHEMISTRY over individual talent. And they rewarded him by playing better team football than the disjointed display we had against Brazil.

Manu like most Naijarians thought that names make a team... and paid for it against Brazil.

It is a lesson on just thinking that star players who are not used to playing together can just come together and get it done. Truth is that there are credible options on the team who understand each other better.

The foreign based players should wait their turn to be included back into the starting rotation...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

bushboy wrote:^^
You miss the point. I am speaking about man managment. The game today was perfect for Kelechi, Ezeh, Yahaya, Simon, Nwakali all to play and start! Were we worried that Hungary would beat us 8-0?? These players have feelings too! You think sitting on the bench is fun? Manu should have played the guys who have had little to no action. I don't like his blind loyalty and sentimental selections. If he has the "many talents" at his disposal, why not play them. That bench should have been cleared for today's game. That was the perfect game for it. Let the boys see action and stake their claim! Until Nwakali plays, how will we know how he has developed since 2013? How are we sure he is not better than both Ifeanyi's?? I don't understand why Manu is refusing to play some players and is blindly loyal to others!

It's a fine line sha. You could empty your bench and risk your "starters" coming out flat in the knockout stages. (see us vs paraguay and denmark wc 1998). Besides, perhaps manu doesn't feel his team has come together yet and wants them play as many games as possible to work out kinks they still have.

opine
Egg
Egg

Post by opine »

I share Bushboy's sentiment. Very strange happenings. Also, unlike most people on the game thread, I'm not sold on Sokari. I think he holds on to ball a fraction longer than necessary. Bulbwa is all hustle with little quality. I am also wondering about the huge gulf in he midfield, right in the center of pitch. This is mainly to blame for those long ball cos we didn't have anyone dynamic enough to for show for ball in that hole without fear of turning it over.
Last edited by opine on Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tbite wrote: Yes we have deadweights in our team like Babatunde, Agbim and Rueben, but they are OUR deadweights! Our wastepipes! We must love them...respect them! If we do not love our junks....who will? Who?
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

This game was the PERFECT time for Manu to give some fresh legs a chance. Kelechi has NOT had nearly enough playing time in this tournament. If he is needed at a crucial point of a knock out game, he would have to come in lacking sharpness. Moses Simon won the Belgian league and has scored a hat-trick in senior professional football. You park him on the bench. Ezeh and Nwakali were among the first to arrive in camp. They participated fully in the Germany training camp and you don't bother to give them a run in a 'meaningless' game??

Manu's tactics let him down against brazil. He panicked and accidentally stumbled on a lineup that has won him 2 games in a row...against less than formidable opposition. Now he wants to stick with them. Emotional. Sentimental. Lucky. There are many words i can use to describe Manu. But "good coach" will not be two of them.

I'd like to be kind and critique your post constructively
but there are no redeeming qualities to your post
the comments above make absolutely no sense whatsoever
seriously what happened to you?
Last edited by smartbrother on Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skillful
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by skillful »

vancity eagle wrote:

Against inferior opposition. Do u know Hungary was beaten 6-1 by Portugal in qualifying ?
brazil were beaten by Colombia U20 at home 3-0. Honduras U20 beat them 1-0 .
"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

"He panicked and accidentally stumbled on a lineup that has won him 2 games in a row"...
as in wtf?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
opine
Egg
Egg

Post by opine »

Cellular wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

How much more faith can coach Manu display in the foreign based guy when he started them against Brasil?

They lost their spot because Manu preferred TEAM CHEMISTRY over individual talent. And they rewarded him by playing better team football than the disjointed display we had against Brazil.

Manu like most Naijarians thought that names make a team... and paid for it against Brazil.

It is a lesson on just thinking that star players who are not used to playing together can just come together and get it done. Truth is that there are credible options on the team who understand each other better.

The foreign based players should wait their turn to be included back into the starting rotation...
Are you saying that the foreign guys didn't play to instruction against Brazil? If that truly is the case then all is justified.
Tbite wrote: Yes we have deadweights in our team like Babatunde, Agbim and Rueben, but they are OUR deadweights! Our wastepipes! We must love them...respect them! If we do not love our junks....who will? Who?
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Manu made a mistake of going to the tournament with the so called big boys who did not have enough time to train with the team.

It is all about TEAM work not how you are a superstar.

There is a reason why Messi in Barca shirt is different from Messi with Argentina.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

opine wrote:
Cellular wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

Are you saying that the foreign guys didn't play to instruction against Brazil? If that truly is the case then all is justified.
No, just that the line-up was top heavy. There was a seemingly lack of chemistry. With folks disappearing in long stretches of the game. With guys almost running into each other... players not used to knowing how certain players like to receive the ball... also not knowing or anticipating the runs from their team mates.

The coach just went back to what got him there... and chose to introduce the players (foreign based) gradually unlike the wholesale introduction against Brazil.

Guys will get their opportunity if we keep progressing...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

This tourney proves a few things

There is little or no difference between local and foreign based got U20s

In fact in some instances local are better than foreign.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

@ Cellular: The poor play against Brazil was NOT as a result of "lack of team chemistry" it was about Manu's poor tactics! The 2 ifeanyi's were getting killed in the middle! The middle was too thin. The secong Brazil added an extra body in the second half, we were doomed. Manu was more at fault for the Brazil game than the players. Besides, ANY team Manu played would have beaten N.Korea! It wasn't like he got the formula right. He was just trying things. Go read the game thread. We were all complaining about how poor that team was in the first half against N.Korea! They looked a WORSE team than the Brazil team for 45 minutes against a poor N.Korea team!!

@Metal: Fair enough. But every coach with a squad full of talent should know the value of rotation. Nobody came here to cheerlead. Let the boys play. There was nothing at stake! Hungary was never going to win that game.
Who will be next?
Bobo Dan
Egg
Egg

Post by Bobo Dan »

vancity eagle wrote:

Yes we know
But what you failed to include was that only 10 players of the Hungarian team that lost to Portugal made this team to the World Cup AND more importantly, that they changed their coach after their qualification for the World Cup

You see, what I dont understand with you guys is your constant complaints.
You preach of logic when you are NOT logical yourself.
The logic all over the world was for the coach to stick with his winning team and let so-called superstar to play themselves into the team
Hereira of Brazil (despite being one of the most experienced and internationally well known players in the Brazilian team as a result of playing in ManU) started the tournament on the bench. If he can, so why not your boys.
If your boys are good enough, let them prove it in training and play themselves into the team.
Otherwise, let them shut the freaking xxxx up.
Enough of primadonas....
If I can't express my opinion, I have no reason to be part of this union."
Co Adriaanse - AZ Coach

We’re not rated on the Continent,” said Toshack. “British managers are not, coaches are not, players are not. It’s all 4-4-2, hit the front man, get on the second ball. It hasn’t changed. It frustrates me at times, it really does.”
- John Toshack (British Wales Coach viewtopic.php?t=111511 ).

akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Wetin consine agbero with overload
Na me say make di Hungry coach play im B team?
Anyway kini big deal, the Nigerian team beat the Hungary team as expected based on your analysis

The other thing, you want him to play Kelechi etc...Nigeria did not have the luxury of experimenting in this game as we lost badly (-2 goal differential) to Brazil and based on GD we were behind Hungary and it will be suicidal to be playing permutations as other groups could throw high scores that will boot us out...The coach was smart not to take those chances so he played the tried and tested group that gave us a 4-0 victory, and if anything restored the players' confidence

I also cannot agree with your accusation of lack of man management. He made one mistake in the Brazil game and sorted things out nicely in the next two games and you base your entire prose on what the Hungarian coach's (who was outcoached today) comment

Im glad he is the coach and not some busbboy :taunt:

Im giving the coach the benefit of the doubt having assembled the core of these players from the U17 and has 2 titles to show for it and is on his way to a third
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.