Chibuzor Ehilegbu..

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Chibuzor Ehilegbu..

Post by paj »

..imho could have been Nigeria's best ever central midfielder had he kept with football..no?BRos Oloye..your thoughts?
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Chibuzor Ehilegbu..

Post by Catalyst »

paj wrote:..imho could have been Nigeria's best ever central midfielder had he kept with football..no?BRos Oloye..your thoughts?
Why do you think so?

How did you come to this conclusion?
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif
Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

All I know is that he was a very very good player back in the day.
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Chibuzor was one player after Usiyen that left the shores of Nigeria that made me go into mourning. Chibuzor was good,how good he could become we would never know,but the bobo scored some crucial goals for Nigeria ..the sweetest were the two he banged against Ghana in Accra.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
skillful
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by skillful »

watched him live
"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

skillful wrote:watched him live
Watched him too. Played for Govt College Umuahia alongside late Benji Okorogu
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Catalyst wrote:
paj wrote:..imho could have been Nigeria's best ever central midfielder had he kept with football..no?BRos Oloye..your thoughts?
Why do you think so?

I said "could have"...based on ability and age he had the potential..made football look easy..
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

He wasn't a central midfielder...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

That guy was something else!!
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

Paj, you betray your age. As do I. Chibuzor was certainly one heck of a player, and I think about him. About Godwin Ogbueze. About Thompson Usiyan. And I salivate about our many missed opportunities as a people.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Great player. He is one of the reasons why I fell in love with Nigerian football. I saw him back in 84 at the ANC in CIV

The guy was cut above all the midfielders on that side IMO
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Did you watch him? How old you be self? :sneaky:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
opine
Egg
Egg

Post by opine »

Na wa dis na real seniors thread. My Elders I greet una! This guy dey YouTube? :taunt:
Tbite wrote: Yes we have deadweights in our team like Babatunde, Agbim and Rueben, but they are OUR deadweights! Our wastepipes! We must love them...respect them! If we do not love our junks....who will? Who?
Super Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by Super Eagle »

He just came out of nowhere, mesmerized us for a year or so and then disappeared back into thin air :(

O pari
Note to: Emir Kongi, big porkey, and smartbrother: Don't talk unless you can improve the silence. (c)
www.awooze.com

#BringBackOurGirls
Hashtag #KeshiDonHammer
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

Catalyst wrote:
Why do you think so?

seriously them suppose stripe u of ur moderatorship .. Anyway Na ur donation give us statues , u dey ask stupid question , it shows u no really sabi Naija football,, no wonder u dey support mediocre coach.. Chibuzor Ehilegbu was a delight to watch , if u watched Okwaraji .. Than u will understand.ode buruku
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

Was he better than Louis Igwillo I wonder?
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

Aswani wrote:Was he better than Louis Igwillo I wonder?
TBH, I don't think Louis and Chibuzor belong in the same sentence. Wish I had a video of one of those goals he scored in Ghana!
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

skillful wrote:watched him live
Evidence pls eg scan and post-match day ticket or personal pictures images taken at the game, a pose of you and Chibuzor etc. :thumbs:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Polly wrote:
TBH, I don't think Louis and Chibuzor belong in the same sentence. Wish I had a video of one of those goals he scored in Ghana!
He was much better than Igwillo, way better. Igwillo was a Rangers legend,while Chibuzor did business both for club and country.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

txj wrote:
And shouldn't you have added the position he played?
Last edited by anointed on Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

It is always the players that suffered truncated careers that we always believe 'coulda, woulda' been the greatest.
Usiyen
Etim Esin
Igbinoba
Okwaraji
Amunike
and now Ehilegbu

TBH, I doubt any of them would have surpassed Kanu, Okocha, Yekini or Mikel in achievements
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

txj wrote:
so what was he then?
leftee
Egg
Egg

Post by leftee »

oloye wrote:
Polly wrote:
He was much better than Igwillo, way better. Igwillo was a Rangers legend,while Chibuzor did business both for club and country.
Can never forget how one die hard fan at the National Stadium asked me when I made the mistake of calling him Ehilegbu at the popular side, "Ire sese de ni? Eyileju lawa npe!!" (translation: Are you a JJC? we refer to him as Eyileju - this is too much)
Last edited by leftee on Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If You Need a Helping Hand, You'll Find One at the End of Your Arm"