Oliseh Wants N60 Million Annual Salary as Eagles’ Coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Oliseh Wants N60 Million Annual Salary as Eagles’ Coach

Post by Purity »

According to recent reports, the in-coming Nigeria coach Sunday Oliseh has told officials of the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, that he is comfortable to be paid the same five million Naira (more than $21,000) a month his predecessor Stephen Keshi earned.

The former Nigerian International is due to fly into Abuja on Tuesday evening, July 12, to meet with the NFF technical committee headed by Felix Anyansi-Agwu.

“Oliseh is ready to earn the same pay Keshi was on. This again shows he is ready to serve his fatherland and money is not what is driving him. This is another good sign with the decision to give him the job without much fanfare,” a source revealed.

The NFF have confirmed Oliseh, 40, will replace Keshi and he will be handed a five-year contract.

His backroom staff will include a Dutch assistant coach, Salisu Yusuf as well as Ike Shorunmu, who will remain as goalkeeper trainer. His most immediate task will be a 2017 AFCON qualifier in Tanzania

http://bizwatchnigeria.ng/oliseh-wants- ... um=twitter
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Oliseh Wants N60 Million Annual Salary as Eagles’ Coach

Post by Damunk »

Tuesday evening is July 14th, not July 12th, which is Sunday.

And we heard Aloy Agu was to be his Gk trainer, not Ike Sorounmu.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

As a player, Keshi was bigger than him. As a coach, Keshi is bigger than him so I don't see how matching your superior's salary can be seen as a 'concession' as being painted in the article. I mean, earning the same as a Nations cup winner and World Cup coach!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ukwala wrote:As a player, Keshi was bigger than him. As a coach, Keshi is bigger than him so I don't see how matching your superior's salary can be seen as a 'concession' as being painted in the article. I mean, earning the same as a Nations cup winner and World Cup coach!!!
I don't think his acceptance of the salary was portrayed as a concession. He does have the right to negotiate his own terms, even ask for more, considering what he is being asked to do.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Damunk wrote:
ukwala wrote:As a player, Keshi was bigger than him. As a coach, Keshi is bigger than him so I don't see how matching your superior's salary can be seen as a 'concession' as being painted in the article. I mean, earning the same as a Nations cup winner and World Cup coach!!!
I don't think his acceptance of the salary was portrayed as a concession. He does have the right to negotiate his own terms, even ask for more, considering what he is being asked to do.
Oliseh is ready to earn the same pay Keshi was on. This again shows he is ready to serve his fatherland and money is not what is driving him. This is another good sign with the decision to give him the job without much fanfare,” a source revealed.

My interpretation of the above statement is that the NFF feel Oliseh is worth more than Keshi.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Keshi played for Lokeren, Anderlecht, Strasbourg and Moleenbek, Oliseh played for FC Liege, Reggiana( 1st Nigerian to play in Serie A), Cologne, Ajax, Juventus, Dortmund among other clubs. So who was bigger?
I am happy
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Dammy wrote:
Keshi played for Lokeren, Anderlecht, Strasbourg and Moleenbek, Oliseh played for FC Liege, Reggiana( 1st Nigerian to play in Serie A), Cologne, Ajax, Juventus, Dortmund among other clubs. So who was bigger?
I hate to make these comparison but if they had to tell you Keshi us bigger then you know little about naija football, no offense intended.
Keshi was a trailblazer. He opened the way for the likes of Oliseh. Managerial wise Keshi has more international experience. Oliseh now has the opportunity to better Keshi's managerial achievements by taking the SE to a whole new level
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Dammy wrote:
Yekini played for a basement team in Portugal but he is regarded as Nigeria's greatest striker, and I would be right in saying that he is bigger than Aliyu Datti Muhammed who payed for AC Milan. Yes Oliseh played for bigger clubs, in some cases as a 2nd string player, e.g. in Juve but I don't think he is regarded as being bigger than Keshi. Keshi moved to Europe in the very early days of player migration and faced more difficult challenges. The likes of Oliseh reaped from the seeds that the likes of Keshi sowed.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

pajimoh wrote:
Dammy wrote:
I hate to make these comparison but if they had to tell you Keshi us bigger then you know little about naija football, no offense intended.
Keshi was a trailblazer. He opened the way for the likes of Oliseh. Managerial wise Keshi has more international experience. Oliseh now has the opportunity to better Keshi's managerial achievements by taking the SE to a whole new level
Kpom X2
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Dammy wrote:
Some people live in fantasyland.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

ukwala wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Yekini played for a basement team in Portugal but he is regarded as Nigeria's greatest striker, and I would be right in saying that he is bigger than Aliyu Datti Muhammed who payed for AC Milan. Yes Oliseh played for bigger clubs, in some cases as a 2nd string player, e.g. in Juve but I don't think he is regarded as being bigger than Keshi. Keshi moved to Europe in the very early days of player migration and faced more difficult challenges. The likes of Oliseh reaped from the seeds that the likes of Keshi sowed.
It's debatable because Oliseh could also say he has better paper qualifications, won the Olympic gold and played more WC matches. For crying out loud, there are folks who say Messi is greater than Pele and Maradona but when Messi gets to Maradona or Pele's age, will still command as much endorsement and respect that the other may command today? Every player or coach has the right to what and how they negotiate and that's why I feel the way you interpreted that statement is not probably what the writer meant and that is not what I personally understood from the article or the paragraph you quoted. Your interpretation is a red herring IMHO.
Last edited by anointed on Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
KoC
Egg
Egg

Post by KoC »

Dammy wrote:
Dammy, you should just delete this post and save yourself further embarrassment. Just my advice

Comparing Oliseh with Keshi? Come on, man!

It's a no-brainer. Whether it's as a player, or as a coach, Oliseh can't touch Keshi. Except maybe to clean his boots, then ask, 'anything else, sir?'
. . . all about the players. Total posts: 725 and counting. . .

Blogzilla
KickOff Nigeria

I love Arsenal. Such entertainment!! The kind of soccer we want for the kind of results we hate!!!
---Polly waxes lyrical after Burnley nyansh the ARSE
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

KoC wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Dammy, you should just delete this post and save yourself further embarrassment. Just my advice

It's a no-brainer. Whether it's as a player, or as a coach, Oliseh can't touch Keshi. Except maybe to clean his boots, then ask, 'anything else, sir?'
Dammy asked a question though somewhat rhetorical but again I say it's debatable and that's if you are able to determine who's answering. For instance, how many people outside of Nigeria, especially Europe, will remember Keshi winning the afcon 1994, the Olympics 1996 and playing in the WC 1994? Someone mentioned Yekini and I dare say that he's the greatest Nigerian striker in Nigeria/Africa because he played for a small club in Europe. Non Africans will feel otherwise. That's why Argentines will always rate Maradona as No 1 while non-Argentines like some of us Nigerians say Messi.

But coaching wise, Oliseh cannot even come near Keshi's dirty boots let alone clean or lace them.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Back to the subject. Would ManU have made a statement like this when they hired David Moyes to replace sir Alex, or Chlesae when Di Mateo replaced Ancelloti?

“Oliseh is ready to earn the same pay Keshi was on. This again shows he is ready to serve his fatherland and money is not what is driving him. This is another good sign with the decision to give him the job without much fanfare,” a source revealed."

My point is that he should never have been offered Keshi's pay in the first place, not to talk of him accepting it as a 'gesture of goodwill'. Of course, there will be no fanfare since he has been offered more than he is worth.
I however accept that my interpretation may be wrong as Damunk and Anointed have pointed out.
Last edited by ukwala on Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote:
Wow. This is just shocking to state the least.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Unarguably, whether as a player, national captain or coach, Oliseh is not anywhere close to Keshi. Because of his superior academic education, philosophy and declared views on Nigerian football, his potential is what seems intriguing. Whether he will be a blazing success or a resounding failure is a question of time.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
carbon
Egg
Egg

Post by carbon »

Dammy wrote:
Nothing man no go see here. Oliseh Vs Keshi? May be u have never seen Keshi play.
Straight up baller to so say the least. He did not captain Eagles for all those years for nothing. I wish we still make players like him.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Dammy wrote:
Just Wow. This is embarrassing. :shock:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

KoC wrote:
Dammy wrote:

KOC, i have asked a question and rather than CEs answer, they are making insinuations as always!
I am happy
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Dammy wrote:
And you wonder why you are called Dummy....
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

The fault in this POST is equating what someone " supposedly " said from a report and interpreting it to mean something we think is the meaning. And we are running with it. Comparing Oliseh with Keshi is not only a mistake but mischievous if you may ask me. Oliseh had never been a coach of any nation and he, you and everybody knows that. But, what type of coach he will be for Nigeria will be different from what Keshi had been. Two different people. So you expect some intelligent people to know that.

Keshi had successfully taken three African nations to the World Cup. That in itself is a big achievement for any African coach. The problem with Keshi was his philosophy in trying to fight a word war with boys scouts of Nigeria. His selection of players of late with resultant disappointing outcome, which had given the impression of Keshi's hidden agendas amongst other things spelt Keshi's doom.

Let us wait and see what Oliseh brings to the table. Let us wait until Oliseh either succeeds (I pray God he succeeds), or fails before judging him, or comparing him with someone else. Not now. He has not even started his job, yet some are spewing venom based on what they think, and not what they know.
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

Dammy wrote:

Dammy,

I wont want to have to reiterate what others have said. Keshi was a pioneering African and not just a Nigerian footballer. Today we all take it for granted seeing African players plying their trade in the highest profile leagues or some even captaining their clubsides....its no longer seen as a big deal.....then it was the the exception rather than the norm.

Where the Eagles were concerned.......as a fan, your heart was not at rest until you were certain Keshi was going to come to camp....he certainly did not play in high profile clubs like Oliseh....but I have always believed strictly on the basis of influence.......personally he remains the most influential Nigerian player not just in his generation...in my humble opinion of all time.....its a shame his prowess was on the wane by the time USA 94 came around and its also a shame the latter shenanigans that surrounded his coaching stay.....but let nothing take away his his huge and unique contributions to Nigerian football either as a footballer or indeed as a coach.......nobody denies that he is a controversial figure......but where Nigerian football is concerned no one can match or touch the big boss.

We can rubbish him all we want...but do name one African manager that has managed 3 African national sides including qualifying 2 for the world cup.......some may not like how he conducted himself....but his record speaks for itself both positive and negative.

At the end of the day Nigeria remains bigger than any individual and it is on that note I wish Oliseh to be an even greater success than Keshi.
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Igugu wrote:The fault in this POST is equating what someone " supposedly " said from a report and interpreting it to mean something we think is the meaning. And we are running with it. Comparing Oliseh with Keshi is not only a mistake but mischievous if you may ask me. Oliseh had never been a coach of any nation and he, you and everybody knows that. But, what type of coach he will be for Nigeria will be different from what Keshi had been. Two different people. So you expect some intelligent people to know that.

Keshi had successfully taken three African nations to the World Cup. That in itself is a big achievement for any African coach. The problem with Keshi was his philosophy in trying to fight a word war with boys scouts of Nigeria. His selection of players of late with resultant disappointing outcome, which had given the impression of Keshi's hidden agendas amongst other things spelt Keshi's doom.

Let us wait and see what Oliseh brings to the table. Let us wait until Oliseh either succeeds (I pray God he succeeds), or fails before judging him, or comparing him with someone else. Not now. He has not even started his job, yet some are spewing venom based on what they think, and not what they know.
I started the comparison but it was only in the context of the original article which tended to portray Oliseh as doing us a favor by accepting the same salary that Keshi was on. I feel Oliseh should be very happy that he was offered Keshi's salary at this stage of his fledgling coaching career.