MUSA VS SIMON MOSES

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
MUSA VS SIMON MOSES

Post by vancity eagle »

IMO these are two very similar types of players, with similar strengths. The blistering pace that either winger provides will not be fully apparent until we play some European sides.

This dual pace on either flank will be frightening to opponents. I thought Simon was actually better than Musa vs Tanzania. He looks more comfortable with the ball at his feet, and using trickery and skill to beat defenders.

Those who say he is not ready for SE do not know what they are talking about. He is more than ready and needs to be given time to settle. Maybe not a SE starter (perhaps it's Musa and Moses) but definately a squad player without a doubt.

IMO he is a better dribbler than Musa, and I think a smarter player, but Musa is faster, not by much though.

How do u compare their skills in the following areas ?

Speed
Dribbling
Technique
Shooting
Passing
Crossing
Defending
Off ball running
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: MUSA VS SIMON MOSES

Post by ugly boy »

Maybe we should actually play Musa as a striker and flank him with both Moses?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Ahmed Musa is a far better player!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Moses - Musa - Moses , the 3M connection!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Cristao II wrote:Ahmed Musa is a far better player!

Based on what ?

The Simon I watched is superior technically.

Musa is older, but IMO Simon has more potential.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ugly boy wrote:Maybe we should actually play Musa as a striker and flank him with both Moses?

We need some strength and power in our front line.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Ahmed Musa is a far better player!

Based on what ?

The Simon I watched is superior technically.

Musa is older, but IMO Simon has more potential.
Based on the fact that Musa is currently better...this doesn't even deserve an arguments...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

Pace, as a tactical tool by a good coach, is a many-sided weapon capable of bringing a lot of joy to the team. Otherwise, the same tool can be strolling around the pitch like everyone else for 90 minutes or running hard into brick walls all night with nothing to show for it.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

vancity eagle wrote:
ugly boy wrote:Maybe we should actually play Musa as a striker and flank him with both Moses?

V moses Musa S moses. It has to be 2 from the 3 with a target man. Who now plays target man?? Must be big strong and skilful.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

nanijoe wrote:Moses - Musa - Moses , the 3M connection!!
Musa is a frustrating lone striker. He's good at cutting in or assisting another striker but there's a reason CSKA went back to get Doumbia. The only way I'll be playing Musa as a striker is if we were playing 442 - a system that's not really feasible as it leaves the midfield bare.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Ahidjo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ahidjo »

vancity eagle wrote:IMO these are two very similar types of players, with similar strengths. The blistering pace that either winger provides will not be fully apparent until we play some European sides.

This dual pace on either flank will be frightening to opponents. I thought Simon was actually better than Musa vs Tanzania. He looks more comfortable with the ball at his feet, and using trickery and skill to beat defenders.

Those who say he is not ready for SE do not know what they are talking about. He is more than ready and needs to be given time to settle. Maybe not a SE starter (perhaps it's Musa and Moses) but definately a squad player without a doubt.

IMO he is a better dribbler than Musa, and I think a smarter player, but Musa is faster, not by much though.

Speed
Dribbling
Technique
Shooting
Passing
Crossing
Defending
Off ball running
My only concern about Simon is his size. Nigerian strikers with such petite frame tend to offer limited service especially against strong African opposition.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

I agree, musa is more effective as a striker as he can shoot with both leggs and can not cross the ball.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

vancity eagle wrote:IMO these are two very similar types of players, with similar strengths. The blistering pace that either winger provides will not be fully apparent until we play some European sides.

Speed
Dribbling
Technique
Shooting
Passing
Crossing
Defending
Off ball running

if the SE are serious about winning games the kid moses simon should not be in the SE, and musa can come in as a sub in the attack role for now, we have too much talent to be wasting spots
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

9jaMan wrote:

Speed
Dribbling
Technique
Shooting
Passing
Crossing
Defending
Off ball running

if the SE are serious about winning games the kid moses simon should not be in the SE, and musa can come in as a sub in the attack role for now, we have too much talent to be wasting spots

And which wingers do we have better than Simon not named Moses and Musa ?
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

vancity eagle wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

Speed
Dribbling
Technique
Shooting
Passing
Crossing
Defending
Off ball running

And which wingers do we have better than Simon not named Moses and Musa ?

victor moses can start and musa(tho better as a striker) can come in as sub if needed. still no need for moses simon. hopefully moses simon can become a great asset in the future
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

You don start again,Musa is the real deal but will play the 3 M.Golden boy play the play maker position then Kele the Man City golden boy in CF
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Flank Ighalo with any two and we average three goals a game. Flank Emenike with any two and we will play goals draws till the cows come home. Remember Mario keeps and the headline after the 1978 World Cup...."World class striker or 12 day wonder?" The answer to that, is the answer to the Emenike question. Insanity by definition is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result. :)
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Musa is also a Moses. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

If we cannot part the red sea of defenses with 3 Moses on our team, I don't know how else we can.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
obaGol
Egg
Egg

Post by obaGol »

You want to flank a guy who doesnt understand the offside rule with a guy who can't score and can't pass? Talk less of the fact that he hasn't played a competitive game this season? When will you guys get back to reality?
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

obaGol wrote:
You want to flank a guy who doesnt understand the offside rule with a guy who can't score and can't pass? Talk less of the fact that he hasn't played a competitive game this season? When will you guys get back to reality?
Who are you talking about?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

What kind of yeye thread is this? They both play for us
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

vancity eagle wrote:

Strength and power like Barca right :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley