MUSA VS SIMON MOSES

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: MUSA VS SIMON MOSES

Post by wale1974 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:What kind of yeye thread is this? They both play for us
Better thread than that rubbish Mikel thread u posted today :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

niyi wrote:
nanijoe wrote:Moses - Musa - Moses , the 3M connection!!
Musa is a frustrating lone striker. He's good at cutting in or assisting another striker but there's a reason CSKA went back to get Doumbia. The only way I'll be playing Musa as a striker is if we were playing 442 - a system that's not really feasible as it leaves the midfield bare.
KPOM!! Musa's best position's on the left wing, but that is also Moses' and Simon's as well, which is kind of a good problem to have. Wouldn't mind Simon on the right given he's ambidextrous.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Sunset wrote:
niyi wrote:
Musa is a frustrating lone striker. He's good at cutting in or assisting another striker but there's a reason CSKA went back to get Doumbia. The only way I'll be playing Musa as a striker is if we were playing 442 - a system that's not really feasible as it leaves the midfield bare.
KPOM!! Musa's best position's on the left wing, but that is also Moses' and Simon's as well, which is kind of a good problem to have. Wouldn't mind Simon on the right given he's ambidextrous.
You don't think Musa is better deployed centrally?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Sunset wrote:
obaGol wrote:
You want to flank a guy who doesnt understand the offside rule with a guy who can't score and can't pass? Talk less of the fact that he hasn't played a competitive game this season? When will you guys get back to reality?
Who are you talking about?
Who hasn't played a competitive game this season. :shock: :shock:
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Sunset wrote:
niyi wrote:
Musa left wing.

C'mon man. :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo:

Vic Moses yes definitely...everybody knows that. Victor Moses loves the left wing like a fat kid loves Nandos. Left wing for Moses Simon...ok great...but for Musa...HELL NO.

God forbid bad thing.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
miky
Egg
Egg

Post by miky »

musa can score goals, and that seems like his main goal each time.. simon also has pace but more creative and less goal oriented
A lion never dies it sleeps (Rip..Foe)

An Eagle never dies it soars Rip (Big Boss)
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

miky wrote:musa can score goals, and that seems like his main goal each time.. simon also has pace but more creative and less goal oriented
Simon dribbles more, but doesn't necessarily create more. If you look at his game today, he dribbles/dances a lot but barely beat his marker nor put in any tangible crosses/balls or created many opportunities. He still has a ways to go as far as becoming an effective player, Musa is more direct and creates more goal scoring chances for himself and others, his main issue is his decision making in the final third.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Sunset wrote:
niyi wrote:
You don't think Musa is better deployed centrally?
Musa's an Ok CF mainly due to his pace and finishing, he really lacks the IQ to be a great CF and as Niyi said, there's a reason why CSKA re-signed Doumbia. Musa's at his best when he doesn't have to overthink things; as a striker and on the Right wing he has too much to think about which just ends up getting him confused and is clear in his game.
miky
Egg
Egg

Post by miky »

maceo4 wrote:
miky wrote:musa can score goals, and that seems like his main goal each time.. simon also has pace but more creative and less goal oriented
Simon dribbles more, but doesn't necessarily create more. If you look at his game today, he dribbles/dances a lot but barely beat his marker nor put in any tangible crosses/balls or created many opportunities. He still has a ways to go as far as becoming an effective player, Musa is more direct and creates more goal scoring chances for himself and others, his main issue is his decision making in the final third.
your right, he dribbles more and it barely leads to tangible results.. but i think players like himself would eventually be more creative..while musa is direct, i wish he keeps himself onside all the time!
A lion never dies it sleeps (Rip..Foe)

An Eagle never dies it soars Rip (Big Boss)
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

maceo4 wrote:
If you think Moses Simon can't beat his marker, then you should see Ahmed Musa. That guy cannot beat his marker to save his life.

but he can run past his marker sure..
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Bump.

For those who do not remember.

I was an EARLY supporter of Moses Simon when many people were doubters.

I remember the guy was rubbished constantly on CE and I defended him.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:22 pm Bump.

… but lately, you were rubbishing him until you apologized a few hours ago…🤔❗️

Cheers.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:43 pm

Cheers.
But the truth is that HE HAS BEEN RUBBISH until this tournament.

So what is your point ?

Those who thought I had some kind of personal vendetta against Simon should apologize. Some of them are even on this thread dissing Simon.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

You can even see me praising AHMED MUSA on this thread, but people think I just don't like certain players.

No I just call it as it is.

If you are rubbish, I will be vocal about it.

If you are rubbish, and the coach keeps playing you, I will be extra vocal about it.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

We should rebrand this site from CE to VE. This brother is going to extra lengths and back 7 years to justify himself.

You do know no one actually really takes this that seriously, right. Just banter.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:51 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:43 pm

Cheers.
But the truth is that HE HAS BEEN RUBBISH until this tournament.

So what is your point ?

Those who thought I had some kind of personal vendetta against Simon should apologize. Some of them are even on this thread dissing Simon.
The point is that you like to open your mouth gboa gboa without any substance. Leave matter for Mathias and just enjoy the freaking tournament :idea: ❗️

Cheers.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

VE, nothing is static esp not in football, Simon of 2015 is not the same as the one tearing up the French league the last two seasons. Based on what he was doing for his club we should have tried to tap into that and play him in a similar position and role to see if he can recreate the same form. But we didn’t and preferred other players there so you can’t blame him by himself for not being able to recreate his club form. It’s like playing Samu on the left and wondering why he’s not performing like he does for his club. And I wont drop this point till you admit that is part of the issue :-p
Super Eagus 4 Life!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:10 pm VE, nothing is static esp not in football, Simon of 2015 is not the same as the one tearing up the French league the last two seasons. Based on what he was doing for his club we should have tried to tap into that and play him in a similar position and role to see if he can recreate the same form. But we didn’t and preferred other players there so you can’t blame him by himself for not being able to recreate his club form. It’s like playing Samu on the left and wondering why he’s not performing like he does for his club. And I wont drop this point till you admit that is part of the issue :-p
you cannot blame Simon's poor form on position. He has played most of his games from the left wing. He was poor. End of.

As you say, "nothing is static"

He was poor for 2 years. He is now almost unplayable.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:35 pm
maceo4 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:10 pm VE, nothing is static esp not in football, Simon of 2015 is not the same as the one tearing up the French league the last two seasons. Based on what he was doing for his club we should have tried to tap into that and play him in a similar position and role to see if he can recreate the same form. But we didn’t and preferred other players there so you can’t blame him by himself for not being able to recreate his club form. It’s like playing Samu on the left and wondering why he’s not performing like he does for his club. And I wont drop this point till you admit that is part of the issue :-p
you cannot blame Simon's poor form on position. He has played most of his games from the left wing. He was poor. End of.

As you say, "nothing is static"

He was poor for 2 years. He is now almost unplayable.
I asked you to list the games in the last 2 years where he played from the left wing and you have ignored it....for a reason...
Super Eagus 4 Life!