WOW BLATTER NOT GOING DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
WOW BLATTER NOT GOING DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT

Post by anikulapo »

THis man is not pulling and punches sha :D

http://www.espnfc.us/blog/fifa/243/post ... and-and-us
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: WOW BLATTER NOT GOING DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT

Post by platinum »

Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

anikulapo wrote:THis man is not pulling and punches sha :D

The real Axis of Evil... UK-USA-France.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cellular wrote:

I know China- Russia -Iran are proper Angels :woot:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

anikulapo wrote:
Cellular wrote:

I know China- Russia -Iran are proper Angels :woot:
But they don't claim superior moral authority.

It is the hypocrisy that most folks have an issue with...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Sepp Blatter: Russia 2018 World Cup 'agreed before vote'

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34657900
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

:roll: :roll: :roll: Senility or demntia?
"FIFA is not a commercial company.

"Since I became president of FIFA, we have made FIFA a big commercial company. And this naturally provokes envy and jealousy."
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Purity wrote:Sepp Blatter: Russia 2018 World Cup 'agreed before vote'

This has been my grouse. If you knew you wanted to plough new frontiers, why ask for bidding from other nations? Why rate England's bid first only to vote them out first. It just reeks of corruption. Unfortunately, many of us see as an opportunity to hate on England. We should support what is right. Definitely, Blatter and co did wrong in the saga and some of us are only supporting them because of the long term backing Havelange and Blatter had given to Africa but would we have been supporting this corrupt move had that not been the case? Let Africa develop and stop looking for protection from Europe via food stamps from corrupt people like Blatter.

From the op
Blatter also claimed that Russia had an agreement prior the vote to host the 2018 World Cup and that the United States was due to host the 2022 tournament before French President Nicolas Sarkozy held a meeting with the crown prince of Qatar.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

It's obvious FIFA is one big mess. It was a miracle that Africa managed to host the WC. The back stabbing is unbelievable.

One minute USA and the next Qatar. Yet it was the European that screwed up the Yanks.

I agree with Anointed, it would have been prudent to make it continental and invite hosting countries from that continent.

Why make confederations waste time and money when you've already decided where it should go?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

I am not sure Mr Blatter raised England's hope to host the World Cup, he blatter made it open that he prefered a rotational World Cup to allow the World Cup reach other cultures.

Blatter may be corrupt, but what about Germany 2006 World Cup host rights.. Why did the man from Newzeland fail to vote? Why is CIA not investigating why or how the 2006 bid was concluded?

anointed wrote:

This has been my grouse. If you knew you wanted to plough new frontiers, why ask for bidding from other nations? Why rate England's bid first only to vote them out first. It just reeks of corruption. Unfortunately, many of us see as an opportunity to hate on England. We should support what is right. Definitely, Blatter and co did wrong in the saga and some of us are only supporting them because of the long term backing Havelange and Blatter had given to Africa but would we have been supporting this corrupt move had that not been the case? Let Africa develop and stop looking for protection from Europe via food stamps from corrupt people like Blatter.

From the op
Blatter also claimed that Russia had an agreement prior the vote to host the 2018 World Cup and that the United States was due to host the 2022 tournament before French President Nicolas Sarkozy held a meeting with the crown prince of Qatar.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

pajimoh wrote:It's obvious FIFA is one big mess. It was a miracle that Africa managed to host the WC. The back stabbing is unbelievable.

One minute USA and the next Qatar. Yet it was the European that screwed up the Yanks.

I agree with Anointed, it would have been prudent to make it continental and invite hosting countries from that continent.

Why make confederations waste time and money when you've already decided where it should go?

That's what it was supposed to be. The bigger countries don't like the idea. Same way UEFA doesn't like the idea Blatter has been mooting of balancing out the number of exec committee reps to be proportional to the number of countries in the confederations.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The western press reaction to Platini suspension is fishy. The US and EU so called fight against corruption is not entirely some moral goal to improve the game. Corruption has been in FIFA for over 75 years.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Purity wrote:I am not sure Mr Blatter raised England's hope to host the World Cup, he blatter made it open that he prefered a rotational World Cup to allow the World Cup reach other cultures.

Blatter may be corrupt, but what about Germany 2006 World Cup host rights.. Why did the man from Newzeland fail to vote? Why is CIA not investigating why or how the 2006 bid was concluded?

anointed wrote:

From the op
Are deliberately trying to be in denial? FIFA itself said England had the best bid. For the 2022 bid, Qatar's bid was tagged 'high risk'.
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/12/2 ... H020141221

FIFA is a democracy but you have fallen for the Blattercracy that dogged and brought down the organization. It's not supposed to be what Blatter wants, no matter how pleasing, rather it should be what the majority canvasses for.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Purity wrote:I am not sure Mr Blatter raised England's hope to host the World Cup, he blatter made it open that he prefered a rotational World Cup to allow the World Cup reach other cultures.

anointed wrote:

From the op

Platinum,

By asking the highlighted question it means you do not understand the locus of this investigation at all.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

IMHO, this is the ranting of a drowning guy trying to grab at straws. The good thing is that his ranting will expose all. For instance, his claim in the 2018 WC agreement clearly points to corruption that people have miffed about. Now he is confirming it. Why is he railing against the Ethics Committee? Does he feel he is above the committee. This is the very committee that he used to get at others. I do not cry for him. Sorry.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Enugu II wrote:

anointed wrote:

From the op

Platinum,

By asking the highlighted question it means you do not understand the locus of this investigation at all.

I promise you say no be me ask that question :laugh:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

platinum wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

anointed wrote:

From the op

Platinum,

I promise you say no be me ask that question :laugh:
:lol: Apologies o! My error.
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

anointed wrote:

"Since I became president of FIFA, we have made FIFA a big commercial company. And this naturally provokes envy and jealousy."
What he means is that FIFA was not a billion-dollar entity capable of financing football development all over the world before the Havelange/Blatter reign.
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

anointed wrote:

From the op
1. So, you are saying Africans should support England and ignore their own interest? England's bid won only ONE VOTE from fellow UEFA member federations, so they cannot really blame their failure on hatred by Blatter and Africa. The stated objective was to take the World Cup to new frontiers, so the technical bid was only one of several components used to determine who hosts the World Cup.

2. It was not Africa that hijacked the 2022 World Cup from the USA to Qatar. It was the Europeans, led by the UEFA's own president Platini, who has openly admitted that he voted for Qatar on instructions from the president of France. What did France get in return from Qatar? That is European corruption and not African corruption.

3. Another problem is that European (or Western Europe) wanted to monopolize it. If we use ONLY the technical bids you talk about, only a handful of rich Western European countries will be eligible to host the World Cub.

4. There was an agreement to rotate the World Cup among continents, starting with the 2006 World Cup in Africa. However, Europe hijacked the 2006 World Cup from Africa through corruption. Then Africa hosted it 2010 and the next one was sent to South America. The next one should have gone to CONCACAF, but the Europeans insisted they could not wait for their turn after South America. Hence, the bidding process was reintroduced... Even then, the Europeans still managed to hijack it from the USA to their oil-rich dictator friends in Qatar. Yet, it is the Europeans who are crying and blaming everything on "African corruption."
Last edited by Vincent. on Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Vincent. wrote:
anointed wrote:

What he means is that FIFA was not a billion-dollar entity capable of financing football development all over the world before the Havelange/Blatter reign.
Spot on.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

The man wants to take Platini down at all cost. For me, Platini has always been corrupt, so it was a real surprise to see he is Europe's man. It shows Europe are not for the cleansing of FIFA but to gain control in entirety. Europe currently has a disproportionate number of people in the Exco and various committees in FIFA but they are not satisfied, they want it all.

Blatter also reveals FIFA as a corrupt and morally bankrupt organisation when he says Russia hosting was a done deal. If this was the case, why lead the other countries on to bid? It can only be because they wanted bribes to enrich themselves. They deserve to all go to jail.

As for the role of Platini in giving the WC to Qatar, it is not news but what is news is how Platini went about it. What we have not been told is the amount of money that changed hands for Qatar to get the hosting rights. Platini got his millions from the Qataris and we know his son is in the employment of the Qataris at PSG, but Blatter only exposes the role of Platini, he does not tell us about the bribes that gave the hosting rights to the Qataris.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Vincent. wrote:
anointed wrote:

From the op
1. So, you are saying Africans should support England and ignore their own interest? England's bid won only ONE VOTE from fellow UEFA member federations, so they cannot really blame their failure on hatred by Blatter and Africa. The stated objective was to take the World Cup to new frontiers, so the technical bid was only one of several components used to determine who hosts the World Cup.

2. It was not Africa that hijacked the 2022 World Cup from the USA to Qatar. It was the Europeans, led by the UEFA's own president Platini, who has openly admitted that he voted for Qatar on instructions from the president of France. What did France get in return from Qatar? That is European corruption and not African corruption.

3. Another problem is that European (or Western Europe) wanted to monopolize it. If we use ONLY the technical bids you talk about, only a handful of rich Western European countries will be eligible to host the World Cub.

4. There was an agreement to rotate the World Cup among continents, starting with the 2006 World Cup in Africa. However, Europe hijacked the 2006 World Cup from Africa through corruption. Then Africa hosted it 2010 and the next one was sent to South America. The next one should have gone to CONCACAF, but the Europeans insisted they could not wait for their turn after South America. Hence, the bidding process was reintroduced... Even then, the Europeans still managed to hijack it from the USA to their oil-rich dictator friends in Qatar. Yet, it is the Europeans who are crying and blaming everything on "African corruption."
Succinctly put.

For them the wrong European country, Russia won the bid. Left to them the FIFA World Cup should be rotated amongst them, North America and South America. It goes back to money. How do you get tax payers to pay for big stadiums and refurbish old ones? Contrive a way to get the World Cup to rotate to your region...

They are even more miffed about the One Federation One Vote that FIFA is currently practicing. How dare small countries have the same vote as their colonialists. :? :(
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

ohenhen1 wrote:The western press reaction to Platini suspension is fishy. The US and EU so called fight against corruption is not entirely some moral goal to improve the game. Corruption has been in FIFA for over 75 years.
Notice how the European media is blaming everything on FIFA even though the president of the European federation is under investigation.

There was an article in The Guardian today that says that the UEFA should have the moral backbone to withdrawal from FIFA - this is the same UEFA with a president who is under investigation and a president who has admitted to hijacking the 2022 World Cup to Qatar on the instructions of the president of France (probably in exchange for contracts from Qatar), the same UEFA whose member Germany is accused of buying votes for the 2006 World Cup :D

Better to blame everything on corruption by the Caribbeans/Africa/Blatter and pretend that UEFA is clean and we should all pray for someone from UEFA to ride in and rescue the situation... :rotf: