So Palestine beat Malaysia 6 to 0 in Asian Qualifiers

Unbelievable that Palestine, hardly a nation, beat Malaysia a relatively large country by that margin

Let's discuss this one because it left me scratching my head. BTW, there were a few other head scratchers such as Tajikistan beating Bangladesh by five unanswered goals and India only managing to beat tiny Guam by one goal to 0
Re: So Palestine beat Malaysia 6 to 0 in Asian Qualifiers

Asians, by and large, aren't into football.

YUJAM wrote:Unbelievable that Palestine, hardly a nation, beat Malaysia a relatively large country by that margin

Let's discuss this one because it left me scratching my head. BTW, there were a few other head scratchers such as Tajikistan beating Bangladesh by five unanswered goals and India only managing to beat tiny Guam by one goal to 0
Discuss wetin? :shock: It's like asking us to discuss Gambia v Djibouti :tic: :sneaky: Nonsense upon Gambian football. :twisted: :smile: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

On second thought you might be right. Palestine football has more merit than Gam...bi...no football :lol: :lol: :smile: :sneaky: :tic:

India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Malaysia are the East Africa of Asian football.

They have all that it takes to be successful, a large population, soccer mad people and reasonable resources yet they are piss poor.

Yujam wants us to discuss Palestinian football, kai ..nah old age dey creep in small small

ogasir

Post by ogasir »

Can we vote out Yujam as moderator? I wonder if they discuss Nigerian or Gambian football on Palestinian or Malaysian message boards.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST

ogasir wrote:Can we vote out Yujam as moderator? I wonder if they discuss Nigerian or Gambian football on Palestinian or Malaysian message boards.
Oboy the thing weak me oooo, bobo just dey troll

airwolex wrote:India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Malaysia are the East Africa of Asian football.

They have all that it takes to be successful, a large population, soccer mad people and reasonable resources yet they are piss poor.
And what makes it even weirder is that Palestine isn't even a country. I know there are a few Palestinian players in the Israeli league but I don't believe they even have a league. I wonder where they play their home games. Anyway kudos to them for producing this type of result despite all their troubles. BTW I do recall seeing a Palestinian team play Barca or Real some yrs ago in an exhibition

As for the India and Bangladesh results, they are also odd given the size of these countries as well as the presence of leagues in which some Africans play btw. Perhaps these countries truly lack players with the physical attributes to play the game

YUJAM wrote:
airwolex wrote:India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Malaysia are the East Africa of Asian football.

And what makes it even weirder is that Palestine isn't even a country. I know there are a few Palestinian players in the Israeli league but I don't believe they even have a league. I wonder where they play their home games. Anyway kudos to them for producing this type of result despite all their troubles. BTW I do recall seeing a Palestinian team play Barca or Real some yrs ago in an exhibition

As for the India and Bangladesh results, they are also odd given the size of these countries as well as the presence of leagues in which some Africans play btw. Perhaps these countries truly lack players with the physical attributes to play the game
It's about passion for the game. Israel has a strong league in that region. Palestinians might have a passion for the game compared to the Malaysians. That said it's still an astounding achievement

Indeed my brother. But the Arab countries play good football for the most part. It is East Asian countries that appear to have a big problem. Perhaps more FIFA development dollars need to go that way
YUJAM wrote:

It's about passion for the game. Israel has a strong league in that region. Palestinians might have a passion for the game compared to the Malaysians. That said it's still an astounding achievement
Ekorian

Post by Ekorian »

YUJAM wrote:Unbelievable that Palestine, hardly a nation, beat Malaysia a relatively large country by that margin

By this logic, India and China should be dominating sports globally..............
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD

Ekorian wrote:

By this logic, India and China should be dominating sports globally..............
For Palestine I think it is remarkable they can produce such a result given the strife in their country

Yes and I do expect India to handle Guam
Ekorian

Post by Ekorian »

YUJAM wrote:
Ekorian wrote:

For Palestine I think it is remarkable they can produce such a result given the strife in their country

Yes and I do expect India to handle Guam
Syria have beaten Singapore, Afghanistan and Cambodia this year. Football is more complex than that.........
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
kenmega

Post by kenmega »

Palestine recently featured in the 2015 Asian Cup this year...
rutgers

Post by rutgers »

One of their most capped players, Ramzi Saleh (GK) used to start for Ahly (Egypt), several years ago. They also have some players from Chile, who are of Palestinian descent. So they aren't a bad side and given the weakness of the Asian continent, they can get some good results. In Asia, outside of Japan, Korea, Iran, Saudi, and Australia, their is a lack of real depth.