ALGERIA A BLESSING IN DISGUISE - SA COACH

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

by Neil Greig
Monday Dec 07, 2015. 11:00

South Africa Under 23 coach Owen da Gama knows that Wednesday's semifinal against Algeria will be tough, but feels they are the better team to play than Nigeria who face Senegal in the other semi.

Wednesday see both semifinals taking place in Senegal where the CAF U23 Nations Cup has been taking place.

The top three sides will qualify for the 2016 Rio Olympic Games. South Africa hope to win the game and gain automatic qualification for Rio.l If they lose to Algeria, they can still qualify should they win the third place playoff on the weekend.

"It is going to be a tough one there is no doubt about it, these are the best four nations on the continent at this stage. We were expecting any one between Algeria, Nigeria and Egypt but we got Algeria as they topped their group," Da Gama told Safa Media.

"It is probably a blessing in disguise that we are playing them because Nigeria is also a quality team as well as Egypt, who have unfortunately been knocked out.

"We have to deal with another North African tactical approach, very technical, solid in defence and very organised with very quick fullbacks and wingers. We will once more have almost the same type of approach.

"We will get good feedback from our technical team that went to watch the Algeria vs Nigeria clash, sit down, analyze them and find an approach to deal with them. Once again, it is always going to be 70 percent of what we do and the other 30 percent of what they are about – otherwise you lose focus on your strengths if you focus too much on the opposition.

"We have to be very optimistic, we have to be very positive and tell ourselves that we have a very good chance in this game and most likely the opposition will be saying the same. The mood in the camp is very positive and we know what we are capable of on the day and I still believe if we get it right on the day we will come out victorious."

http://africanfootball.com//news/591603 ... e-SA-coach?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: ALGERIA A BLESSING IN DISGUISE - SA COACH

Post by ohenhen1 »

Be careful what you ask for. The Algerian team I watched play against Nigeria and Egypt can cause major problems for South Africa.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Super Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by Super Eagle »

"We have to deal with another North African tactical approach, very technical, solid in defence and very organised with very quick fullbacks and wingers. We will once more have almost the same type of approach...."

This is the type of technical analysis of the opponents that I would like to hear from our local coaches, not all those ignorant craps they tend to spew. Or else they would tell you that they know absolutely NOTHING about their opponents or how they are going to play. Talk about going to a war blindfolded :shock:
Note to: Emir Kongi, big porkey, and smartbrother: Don't talk unless you can improve the silence. (c)
www.awooze.com

#BringBackOurGirls
Hashtag #KeshiDonHammer
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

Super Eagle wrote:
"We have to deal with another North African tactical approach, very technical, solid in defence and very organised with very quick fullbacks and wingers. We will once more have almost the same type of approach...."

This is the type of technical analysis of the opponents that I would like to hear from our local coaches, not all those ignorant craps they tend to spew. Or else they would tell you that they know absolutely NOTHING about their opponents or how they are going to play. Talk about going to a war blindfolded :shock:
Thank you, Super Eagle. My feelings exactly. I think the reason our coaches claim ignorance of opponents is that they might then expose their inability to analyze their tactics and strategies.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Rubbish Tunisia dominated this team for 70 minutes...SA play as they did in that game and Algeria is on their way to Rio.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Polly wrote:
Super Eagle wrote:

Thank you, Super Eagle. My feelings exactly. I think the reason our coaches claim ignorance of opponents is that they might then expose their inability to analyze their tactics and strategies.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Polly wrote:
Super Eagle wrote:

And our coach is hoping, praying that the fact that he scored against Senegal in 1992 will galvanise his team to win.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Polly wrote:
Super Eagle wrote:

Natives!
So una tink say na only una be di only natives way get sense? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

He may get his wish and meet Nigeria in the 3rd place match.

.....Hope not :mrgreen:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

Here is Siasia's analysis and preparation for Senegal:

"I would have preferred to play Senegal in the final but I have to do at the semis. It will be a great match because they will have the public behind them and we have to play and win.

"At the Africa Cup of Nations in 1992, I scored here (Leopold Sedar Senghor Stadium), and this is why most Senegalese remember me. I will be around my players to repeat it next Wednesday."
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Polly wrote:Here is Siasia's analysis and preparation for Senegal:

"I would have preferred to play Senegal in the final but I have to do at the semis. It will be a great match because they will have the public behind them and we have to play and win.

"At the Africa Cup of Nations in 1992, I scored here (Leopold Sedar Senghor Stadium), and this is why most Senegalese remember me. I will be around my players to repeat it next Wednesday."
short and sweet. beautiful
by the way who told you this quote constitutes "Siasia's analysis and preparation for Senegal"?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]smartbrother[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]Polly[/color] wrote: Here is Siasia's analysis and preparation for Senegal:

by the way who told you this quote constitutes "Siasia's analysis and preparation for Senegal"?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Polly,

I have absolutely no problem with the quote from Siasia. Why should he share with you or anyone else, for that matter, about his tactical plan? That is for the media to speculate. Siasia should share any tactical plan that he has with his players and no one else.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

Enugu II wrote:

Polly,

I have absolutely no problem with the quote from Siasia. Why should he share with you or anyone else, for that matter, about his tactical plan? That is for the media to speculate. Siasia should share any tactical plan that he has with his players and no one else.
No, I don't want him to share his tactical plan with me or anyone else. The question, as I have pointed out in another thread, is whether he has one. In the first two matches, he was exposed badly in each second half as the opposing coach responded emphatically to his game...but he appeared unable to flip his own switch. In the third match, Algeria needed a draw, and they got it. I just hope Siasia's 1992 exploits in Dakar has something to do with the challenge ahead.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Polly wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Polly,

No, I don't want him to share his tactical plan with me or anyone else. The question, as I have pointed out in another thread, is whether he has one. In the first two matches, he was exposed badly in each second half as the opposing coach responded emphatically to his game...but he appeared unable to flip his own switch. In the third match, Algeria needed a draw, and they got it. I just hope Siasia's 1992 exploits in Dakar has something to do with the challenge ahead.
Polly,

Here is my question: In those two games what were the opposing coaches doing in the opening half when their tactics (presumably after watching Nigeria's games) were overwhelmed? Bros, the problem is we often assume that it is poor tactics that hurt our teams and that our coaches are always tactically poor. Why not give other teams credit for fighting back?

The reality is that in those games, the failure may not have been tactical. Is it not possible that after going up 3-0 at the half, that Nigeria would have a psychological let down. Meanwhile Mali, fighting desperately to stay in contention, will up their game!

We see this every day in many sports, NBA, NFL, or EPL or whatever where the losing team suddenly ups the tempo and the winning team is on its back foot. So why should the analysis of Nigeria's game always be something different? IMHO, while Nigeria and SSS may have tactical deficiencies, I am not so sure that such deficiencies are so bad compared to other coaches for other teams in this competition.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

smartbrother wrote:

Ol boy. Ma.you get time.oh
If our.people nor act like oyinbo, they are not good enough
Until.Siasia.starts.blowing grammar and using phrases like technical analysis, he is already on the back foot. It's the copycat "originality" that satisfy some of our people. No wider the FA fell for some PowerPoint trick some years back
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Enugu II wrote:

Polly,

End of story
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Ok it is one thing about BEFORE the game.

but does anyone have any accounts of Nigerian coaches, breaking down matches even after matches.

When you corroborate all the evidence. The fact that Nigerian coaches, for example are not good at turning the tide in matches, the scarcity of drills in training and the lack of technical insight, before and or after matches....then you begin to suspect.

Where is the evidence. Even the organization of the players on the pitch. For example the way we were set up against Egypt, that was quite naive. The North Africans have very agile wingbacks, with a lot of tenacity...and not only did we have a slow leftback, but we compounded the problem with our highline. Or you look at, when we had the momentum against Egypt, but failed to consolidate the midfield.

Where is the evidence of technical capacity. Against Algeria it was a little bit better, but we were still suspect on the flanks.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

His tactical analysis brilliance didn't save his team today.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

lagos777
Egg
Egg

Post by lagos777 »

Tbite wrote:Ok it is one thing about BEFORE the game.

but does anyone have any accounts of Nigerian coaches, breaking down matches even after matches.

When you corroborate all the evidence. The fact that Nigerian coaches, for example are not good at turning the tide in matches, the scarcity of drills in training and the lack of technical insight, before and or after matches....then you begin to suspect.

Where is the evidence. Even the organization of the players on the pitch. For example the way we were set up against Egypt, that was quite naive. The North Africans have very agile wingbacks, with a lot of tenacity...and not only did we have a slow leftback, but we compounded the problem with our highline. Or you look at, when we had the momentum against Egypt, but failed to consolidate the midfield.

Where is the evidence of technical capacity. Against Algeria it was a little bit better, but we were still suspect on the flanks.
You need to ask yourself why you think uefa certified coaches like SO and Amuneke have no idea of tactics. Forget that they played the game at the highest levels prior to taking up coaching, just focus on their coaching education. Why do you think they have no idea about tactics ? scarcity of drills in training , lack of technical insights, where's all these coming from ? Colo mentality maybe ?
Mike Ditka quote :
"I didn't say it in those general terms but I said it like that".
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

The coach was right about the disguise but wrong about the entity under it.
It was bitterness and Algeria issued it.
The fear of Nigeria no dey make SA see well
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

lagos777 wrote:
Tbite wrote:Ok it is one thing about BEFORE the game.

You need to ask yourself why you think uefa certified coaches like SO and Amuneke have no idea of tactics. Forget that they played the game at the highest levels prior to taking up coaching, just focus on their coaching education. Why do you think they have no idea about tactics ? scarcity of drills in training , lack of technical insights, where's all these coming from ? Colo mentality maybe ?
:thumbs:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL