Update: 2013 Golden Eaglets 2 (Now 8) years Later

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

proclaimjesus02
Egg
Egg
Re: 2013 Golden Eaglets 2 years Later

Post by proclaimjesus02 »

CHIDERA EZEH LOANED TO PORTIMONENSE

He was today presented as a Portimonense player for the rest of the season during the second division side league game against Penafiel, a sign of how he has grown since last season when he had his breakthrough with the U-18s of Porto.

” He has joined Portimonense on loan for the rest of the season, am happy for him after the disappointment of missing out on a chance with the first team during pre season, he will be a hit for Portimonense”
His agent Babawo Mohammed told Owngoalnigeria.com.

http://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2016/08/1 ... timonense/
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

proclaimjesus02 wrote:CHIDERA EZEH LOANED TO PORTIMONENSE

He was today presented as a Portimonense player for the rest of the season during the second division side league game against Penafiel, a sign of how he has grown since last season when he had his breakthrough with the U-18s of Porto.

” He has joined Portimonense on loan for the rest of the season, am happy for him after the disappointment of missing out on a chance with the first team during pre season, he will be a hit for Portimonense”
His agent Babawo Mohammed told Owngoalnigeria.com.

http://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2016/08/1 ... timonense/
talk about putting lipstick on a pig... :atc:

This is not good news for Ezeh no matter how they try to spin it... this the beginning of becoming a Journeyman in Europe. I wish him the best.
proclaimjesus02
Egg
Egg

http://www.livescores.com/soccer/hollan ... 1-2251318/

Kelechi Nwakali and Taiwo Awoniyi played today.

Chidiebere Nwakali, Victor Osimen, were not listed in the weekend's game.

Musa Yahaya and Chidera Ezeh's portimonense is yet to play.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

I thought Musa Yahaya is at Porto!!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

proclaimjesus02 wrote:http://www.livescores.com/soccer/hollan ... 1-2251318/

Also Kelechi Iheanacho and Isaac Success played today for Man City and Watford respectively (EPL), while Wilfred Ndidi played for Genk in the Belgian Pro League. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Damunk wrote:
proclaimjesus02 wrote:http://www.livescores.com/soccer/hollan ... 1-2251318/

Also Kelechi Iheanacho and Isaac Success played today for Man City and Watford respectively (EPL), while Wilfred Ndidi played for Genk in the Belgian Pro League. :thumb:
:clap: :clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
proclaimjesus02
Egg
Egg

Watch Kelechi Nwakali vs Dordrecht

He came on as a substitute in the 82nd minute and gave a wonderful pass that led to the assist for the 2nd goal (2-nil).

His action starts at 3:40.
proclaimjesus02
Egg
Egg

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/03/21/mu ... -fc-porto/

Musa Yahaya now a wing back.

” I am a forward player but I can play anywhere for my team. The coach told me I was going to play as a wingback before the game and I have no reason to say no”, Yahaya told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” The role is demanding and I love it, I won’t mind playing it again in the future. My aim is to improve in all aspect of my game and my new role will help me improve on my abilities to defend”.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

proclaimjesus02 wrote:http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/03/21/mu ... -fc-porto/

Musa Yahaya now a wing back.

” I am a forward player but I can play anywhere for my team. The coach told me I was going to play as a wingback before the game and I have no reason to say no”, Yahaya told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” The role is demanding and I love it, I won’t mind playing it again in the future. My aim is to improve in all aspect of my game and my new role will help me improve on my abilities to defend”.
I was beginning to wonder what was happening to this young man. His progress has been slow. The transition from youth level to the full adult game no easy at all and nothing is guaranteed.
I hope he reaches his full potential.

Meanwhile, he now looks completely different from this photo.
Abi na another person? :blink:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Oh boy...
Wilfred Ndidi -

Was among Manu Garba's dependables during qualifiers for the U17 AFCON, but failed the MRI test, despite that he was included by John Obuh in his U20 team in Turkey....
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wiseone wrote:Oh boy...
Wilfred Ndidi -

Was among Manu Garba's dependables during qualifiers for the U17 AFCON, but failed the MRI test, despite that he was included by John Obuh in his U20 team in Turkey....
Whats the problem?
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

^That issue was discussed years ago. Ndidi, Alhassan and Buibwa(I hink has his name) were among the unfortunate ones that passed the MRI initially during the qualifiers but under just a year, failed the second one. That in no way means they cheated. MRI is not a perfect science, there is a +-variable attached. What I am happy its done for us, you now know definitely, there won't be any Osondu's or Lampteys in the team. Players you expect to grow vertically when placed on rapid growth diet, and they keep growing horizontally.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Once you fail an MRI test, you are an age cheat period!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

marko wrote:Once you fail an MRI test, you are an age cheat period!
I guess its too early in the morning for you to comprehend. :oops: They passed he initial MRI, but failed the one I think for the African qualifiers.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

okidoki wrote:^That issue was discussed years ago. Ndidi, Alhassan and Buibwa(I hink has his name) were among the unfortunate ones that passed the MRI initially during the qualifiers but under just a year, failed the second one. That in no way means they cheated. MRI is not a perfect science, there is a +-variable attached. What I am happy its done for us, you now know definitely, there won't be any Osondu's or Lampteys in the team. Players you expect to grow vertically when placed on rapid growth diet, and they keep growing horizontally.
Don't even bother.
Some people, as my old school Principal used to say, are 'impervious to knowledge'.
We have dissected this matter so many times on these pages over the years that we could publish a book.
But as you can see, even from Marko's subsequent post, people either won't or just can't get it.
Ever. Abeg, leave them.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Update: 2013 Golden Eaglets 2 (Now 4) years Later

Post by Damunk »

How far.
Uzoho don join list....

[/video]
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Another clean sheet today! The 6th in 8 games! 7 in 9 games if you count his two games with the main team and 8 clean sheets in 10 if you include the Argentina friendly. Worryingly, a 4th yellow card in 8(?) games this season. Today's YC looks like it could have been for time wasting.

I don't know if he's good enough to be our main goalie but I think he's good enough to be on the plane to Russia
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I will rather uzoho than agbim, ezenwa or akpeyi. As long as these 3 are his competitors then uzoho deserves number 1 shirt. Now, if enyeama is recalled uzoho would have to become our number 2
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

best u17 winning squad nigeria ever produced. 2013 set. should be template for nigeria fooball. only which sucess and Awoniyi can make super eagles
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

best u17 winning squad nigeria ever produced. 2013 set. should be template for nigeria fooball. only which sucess and Awoniyi can make super eagles
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

How much credit does this man deserve...and where is he now?

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote:How much credit does this man deserve...and where is he now?

Damunk,

He is coaching relegated Gombe United as far as I am aware.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

niyi wrote:Another clean sheet today! The 6th in 8 games! 7 in 9 games if you count his two games with the main team and 8 clean sheets in 10 if you include the Argentina friendly. Worryingly, a 4th yellow card in 8(?) games this season. Today's YC looks like it could have been for time wasting.

I don't know if he's good enough to be our main goalie but I think he's good enough to be on the plane to Russia

He is far better than Akpeyi and Ezenwa.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.