Reports on Former Golden Eaglet player Daniel Joshua

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

amoky
Egg
Egg
Reports on Former Golden Eaglet player Daniel Joshua

Post by amoky »

Daniel Joshua sustained an injury in accident while on his way to join the Flying Eagles in Camp. Since then it has been a huge challenge for him .please watch this report on Toyin Ibitoye's Sport Tonight Show

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Reports on Former Golden Eaglet player Daniel Joshua

Post by Gotti »

A darn shame...
As I noted a few days ago on another topic:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=267357&start=69
Gotti wrote:If Mr. Pinnick is interested in the "plans" of Nigeria's youth players, he should start with the NFF's plans for Daniel Joshua (2007 U17 WC winner in Korea) who was in a ghastly car accident on his way to a NATIONAL ASSIGNMENT (the U20 FE camp) and has been largely bedridden since - with NO visible support! SMDH@
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Let's not ignore this thread, folks!

Let's draw the NFF's attention to this going man. Let's draw everyone's attention to him, before we start eulogising him when he's no more.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

NFF to assist former Golden Eaglets star Daniel Joshua
14 December 2015, 21:38
http://www.news24.com.ng/Sport/Football ... a-20151214

Abuja - Disabled Nigeria U-17 World cup winner Daniel Joshua may be granted assistance by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) to help him walk again.

Joshua who won the U-17 world cup with Nigeria in 2007 was involved in a ghastly car accident on his way to the Nigeria U-20 camp in 2008 and has stayed bed ridden since then.

However help appears to be coming his way as latest indications suggest his years of neglect from various sports administrators and NFF president will in the coming days become history.

Also read: Siasia wants NFF to change its attitude

The NFF under President Amaju Pinnick are set to help him by giving him a job with the federation but at the moment a role for him is yet to be fashioned out.

Indications are he might be the federations’ goodwill ambassador on monthly stipends or act as a scout for the junior teams of Nigeria as he can still move about in his wheel chair.

A defender by trade before the accident, he represented Niger Tornadoes locally and was operated upon in Germany after the car accident to cure a defect in his nerve which was wrongly stitched with his skin during first aid treatment.

Although that anomaly has been corrected, he is currently undergoing physiotherapist rehabilitation to help reawaken the nerve after the lull.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Gotti wrote:A darn shame...

Gotti wrote:If Mr. Pinnick is interested in the "plans" of Nigeria's youth players, he should start with the NFF's plans for Daniel Joshua (2007 U17 WC winner in Korea) who was in a ghastly car accident on his way to a NATIONAL ASSIGNMENT (the U20 FE camp) and has been largely bedridden since - with NO visible support! SMDH@

It is a sad. But I don't think the NFF have the resources to pay everyone medical bills if they are not on National assignment. I don't think the NFF should shoulder all of the responsibility. Every well off Nigerian that have the means should intervene.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

ohenhen1 wrote:

It is a sad. But I don't think the NFF have the resources to pay everyone medical bills if they are not on National assignment. I don't think the NFF should shoulder all of the responsibility. Every well off Nigerian that have the means should intervene.
And exactly what part of "in a ghastly car accident on his way to a NATIONAL ASSIGNMENT (the U20 FE camp)" confused you?! :blink:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

ohenhen1 wrote:

Are you sure you can read? :roll:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Gotti wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

And exactly what part of "in a ghastly car accident on his way to a NATIONAL ASSIGNMENT (the U20 FE camp)" confused you?! :blink:
When you read what Ohenhen writes, you wonder how someone can write nonsense consistently almost all the time. Its unbelievable.

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Edu
Egg
Egg

Post by Edu »

metalalloy wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

It is a sad. But I don't think the NFF have the resources to pay everyone medical bills if they are not on National assignment. I don't think the NFF should shoulder all of the responsibility. Every well off Nigerian that have the means

Are you sure you can read? :roll:
with regards to lineups.
The answer is YES.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Tornadoes Visits Ex Golden Eaglets Player Who Suffered Career Ending Auto Crash 13 Years Ago, Donates Food Items, Cash
https://bestchoicesports.com.ng/tornado ... tems-cash/

0 comments, 13/05/2022, by Best Choice Sports, in Football, Grassroots, News, NPFL
120 total views, 120 views today
By Alhassan Mohammed

Niger Tornadoes Football Club of Minna have paid a visit to the family home of its former player and ex Junior International Joshua Daniel who resides in Kaduna.

The versatile defender who often played on the right full back position and served the Ikon Allah Boys meritoriously before the infamous and career ending accident, while traveling to Kaduna for an holiday in 2009.

In a press statement, Media Officee of the club, Mr Alhassan Kutigi noted that Joshua Daniel was part of the late Yemi Tella’s victorious U-17 Golden Eaglets team that won the 2007 FIFA World Cup in South Korea and had since resigned to fate for survival since losing his means of livelihood through football.

Delivering his speech, the leader of the delegation and Team Manager of Niger Tornadoes FC, Aliyu Mohammad said, “We now play our home matches in Kaduna that is why we have decided to come, not just as a team, but family.

Joshua was our player when the accident happened and there is no way your contributions as a player of Niger Tornadoes can be forgotten. This is not a time for long speech, but know that, we still appreciate your contributions as a player who played with his heart and always gave 100% in every match. Please accept this token from us as a team and family.

Johuas’ Mother, Mrs Asabe Daniel who was filled with tears, bears her mind on the surprise visit. “My tears are tears of joy, because my joy knows no bounds. I thought Niger Tornadoes had forgotten my son, but today, I know I was wrong. Today people will know that Joshua is not forgotten. With all you’ve brought for us and Joshua, we are grateful on behalf of my family. God will reward you for this kindness you’ve shown Joshua. May such misfortune not happen to you and members of your family. My sincere appreciation goes Coach Abubakar Bala and Team Manager, the players and others.

The player (Joshua Daniel) overjoyed, summed up his feelings thus; “I don’t know what to say because this is a very big surprise to me. Thank you very much. God will replenish you in a million fold and grant your heart desires. I’m very grateful.

Tornadoes players were visibly dejected, eyes filled with tears, seeing a senior colleague who had distinguished himself in the service of the club and nation.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

This is so so sad. Does anyone know this man's contact details?