I am very UPSET. Where is NIGERIA ???

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

lukemana
Egg
Egg
I am very UPSET. Where is NIGERIA ???

Post by lukemana »

http://news.abidjan.net/h/578532.html
CAF just released the names of the Officials (referees) of the upcoming CHAN in Rwanda. However, there is not a single Nigerian selected, though we are a powerhouse in soccer. I am very upset. :curse: :curse: :curse:

Someone please beg me otherwise, I will call Boko Haram to storm CAF headquarters!!!

Voici la liste des 34 arbitres retenus :
Arbitres (16) : Mehdi Abid Charef (Algérie), Bernard Camille (Seychelles), Denis Dembélé (Côte d’Ivoire), Ibrahim Nour El Din (Egypte), Daniel Bennet (Afrique du Sud), Kordi Med Said (Tunisie), Mohamed El Fadil (Soudan), Nampiandrza Hamada (Madagascar), Keita Mahamadou (Mali), Ali Lemghaifry (Mauritanie), Malang Diedhiou (Sénégal), Zio Ephrem Juste (Burkina Faso), Davies Omweno (Kenya), Hudu Munyemana (Rwanda), Joseph Lamtey (Ghana), Thierry Nkurunziza (Burundi)

Arbitres assistants (18) : Mokrane Gourari (Algérie), Ndagijimana Theogene (Rwanda), Mark Ssonko (Ouganda), Oamogestse Godisamang (Botswana), Noupue Nouegoue Elvis (Cameroun), Dina Bienvenu (Bénin), Serigne Cheikh Toure (Sénégal), Ahmed Hossam Taha (Egypte), Tesfagiorghis Berha (Erythrée), David Laryea (Ghana), Mamdy Tere (Guinée), Sullaymane Sosseh (Gambie), Marwa Range (Kenya), Mahamadou Yahaya (Niger),Hensley Petrousse (Seychelles), Khumalo Steven (Afrique du Sud),Théophile Vinga (Gabon), Nabina Blaise Sebutu (RD Congo).
lukemana
Egg
Egg
Re: I am very UPSET. Where is NIGERIA ???

Post by lukemana »

...and do U realize that there are TWO from Ghana ??? Yeparipa!!!
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Egbon, do you know anything about the state of affairs or the level of corruption within The Nigerian referees Association or are you just being patriotic as usual.
Btw,Would you want a referee that will carry a goal scorer on his shoulder at a CAF tournament or one that'll give 4 penalties in a 45 minutes injury time? :lol:
Last edited by Ekorian on Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

This is really serious. CAF referees are terrible. Nigeria can't even make the list. We can't do any worse.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

Ekorian wrote:Egbon, do you know anything about the state of affairs or the level of corruption within The Nigerian referees Association or are you just being patriotic as usual.
Btw,Would you want a referee that will carry a goal scorer on his shoulder at a CAF tournament or one that'll give 4 penalties in a 45 minutes injury time? :lol:
Brother, I honestly do not know the state of Naija football.

However, I will be patriotic to Nigeria till I die!!!

I don't think our referees are that bad. But honestly speaking, there should have been at least one from Nigeria! Truly speaking!!!

Cheers!!
zoldsasok
Egg
Egg

Post by zoldsasok »

Ekorian wrote:Egbon, do you know anything about the state of affairs or the level of corruption within The Nigerian referees Association or are you just being patriotic as usual.
Ekorian I`m hoping that you're just exaggerating to buttress your point by making this kain statement
Olayemi14
Egg
Egg

Post by Olayemi14 »

Historically, we never really developed great Refs. We had Bolaji Okubule (Fifa graded) and maybe Linus Mba many moons ago.
Active member of the JOM & JM Fan Clubs. Baba Eleran of Chelsea FC.
Blukyt
Egg
Egg

Post by Blukyt »

lukemana wrote:
Brother, I honestly do not know the state of Naija football.

However, I will be patriotic to Nigeria till I die!!!

I don't think our referees are that bad. But honestly speaking, there should have been at least one from Nigeria! Truly speaking!!!

Cheers!!
At least you're being sincere :taunt:
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Is this supposed to be a new thing? Anyway, I'm okay if it's breda referees who will mess up. I'm scared of Naija referees.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

Please let's get serious now: are U all telling me that OUR REFEREES are not good enough to officiate a CAF competition? Not even one???? :shock: :shock: :shock:

I find it very difficult to believe oooo!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Lord Pinnick of Arsenal Refereeing courses (Saturday Football) not bearing fruit?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
ikemba
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba »

fabio wrote:Lord Pinnick of Arsenal Refereeing courses (Saturday Football) not bearing fruit?
It is bearing fruit. After the heavy capacity building training courses, they have now outgrown CHAN and can only feature in the real ACN and WC
Super Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by Super Eagle »

Our refs may not be very highly rated but they are definitely good enough to officiate in CAF tournament, based on the quality of the officiating I have seen on those tourneys. However, this has not been a priority for our NFF. They are too busy stealing money to care about ways to promote our footie.

O pari
Note to: Emir Kongi, big porkey, and smartbrother: Don't talk unless you can improve the silence. (c)
www.awooze.com

#BringBackOurGirls
Hashtag #KeshiDonHammer
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

fabio wrote:Lord Pinnick of Arsenal Refereeing courses (Saturday Football) not bearing fruit?
yes we need Pinnick to explain why no ref from Nigeria- after all multi Naira capacity body building in the UK :biggrin:

haba - 2 tournament running no nigeria ref -u23 and now CHAN - meanwhile CAF in Abuja milking our resources in hosting their awards night :evil:
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

lukemana wrote:Please let's get serious now: are U all telling me that OUR REFEREES are not good enough to officiate a CAF competition? Not even one???? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Very few of Nigerian referees are impartial and the culture of winning " home games at all cost " have corrupted the system. A nine-man panel was set up in 2013 to look into the matter but nothing has really changed...

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/09/ ... committee/
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Ekorian wrote:
lukemana wrote:Please let's get serious now: are U all telling me that OUR REFEREES are not good enough to officiate a CAF competition? Not even one???? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Very few of Nigerian referees are impartial and the culture of winning " home games " have corrupted the system. A nine-man panel was set up in 2013 to look into the matter but nothing has really changed...

i do not believe our ref are corrupt - its only the insecurity/protection of ref at away games that put the fear of God in them when making decisions - A crowd average of 5000 with only 20 police officers - how will the ref survive giving a Genuine 89min pen to the away team that relegates home side - with no CCTV camera, no away fans, emergency medical facilities, bad road access etc.. tell me what are chances of middleman leaving stadium alive/? very slim.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

walesvilla wrote:
Ekorian wrote:

Very few of Nigerian referees are impartial and the culture of winning " home games " have corrupted the system. A nine-man panel was set up in 2013 to look into the matter but nothing has really changed...

i do not believe our ref are corrupt - its only the insecurity/protection of ref at away games that put the fear of God in them when making decisions - A crowd average of 5000 with only 20 police officers - how will the ref survive giving a Genuine 89min pen to the away team that relegates home side - with no CCTV camera, no away fans, emergency medical facilities, bad road access etc.. tell me what are chances of middleman leaving stadium alive/? very slim.
Did our referees make a stand in union and complain about such issues?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

They need people like you to organise them, organise training and certification for them
Eaglezbeak wrote:
walesvilla wrote:
Ekorian wrote:

Oya back to the matter
open and close
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
walesvilla wrote:
Ekorian wrote:

How will they even be neutral in CAF qualifiers in places like Tunisia, Morocco, Egypt....
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Prince wrote:They need people like you to organise them, organise training and certification for them
Eaglezbeak wrote:
walesvilla wrote:
Ekorian wrote:

Lol,Nigerians only listen to governors and politicians!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

Now, where are you all who claimed that Nigerian referees are not good enough to officiate a CAF competition? Is the referee of our game against Niger better than ours ? Did U see how they kept calling offsides though there were not ? I bet if it was a Nigerian referee, there would have been at least 10 threads opened against him!

Mscheeewwwww!!!! :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:

Our referees are not that bad, CAF just didn't want to select them. Period !!!

Cheers!!!
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

lukemana wrote:Now, where are you all who claimed that Nigerian referees are not good enough to officiate a CAF competition? Is the referee of our game against Niger better than ours ? Did U see how they kept calling offsides though there were not ? I bet if it was a Nigerian referee, there would have been at least 10 threads opened against him!

Mscheeewwwww!!!! :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:

Our referees are not that bad, CAF just didn't want to select them. Period !!!

Cheers!!!
It's a conspiracy. Same way they chose players to lookout for without any Nigerian.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

walesvilla wrote:
Ekorian wrote:

Make i laugh small..... :lol: This is like saying the women in labour wards are virgins!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho