HATS OFF TO GHANA:

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Igugu
Egg
Egg
HATS OFF TO GHANA:

Post by Igugu »

I personally love Ghana and Ghanaians, though I have never been to Ghana. I do not believe Nigeria will lower her flag to half mast for any Ghanaians' passing.
It shows we need to revisit our book of love for one another and common decency in Nigeria.

CURLED FROM: NIGERIAWORLD | NIGERIAWEB | ANNOUNCE STORY | NAIJANET | STATE NEWS

June 2016 S M T W T F S

The world mourns Keshi as Ghana fly flag at half mast
Sports By: adekunle Thursday, June 9, 2016

Late Keshi

GHANA Football Association has paid tributes to the late Nigerian coach and footballer, Stephen Okechukwu Keshi.

GFA President Kwesi Nyantakyi sent a message of condolence to the Nigeria Football Federation and its President, Amaju Pinnick.

He describes Keshi a great man and a noble spirit, whose shining example of dedication to football and to footballers was not only to dedicated Nigeria but to several countries including Ghana.

He says the flags at the GFA headquarters will be flying at half-mast as a token of the Ghana football fraternity's deepest respect for Stephen Keshi.

We lost an icon - Amanze Uchegbulam former Vice President, NFF

"Big shock that Keshi is gone. Keshi was an icon of Nigerian football. Nobody can talk about Nigerian football without talking about Keshi. He died too early. It's unfortunate we lost him. "Keshi played his part, both as player and coach; won trophies for this country."

Keshi was a Pillar of Nigerian football-Paul Bassey, Chairman Akwa United

"We spoke last week and he never gave an indication of a man who had just one week to live. Keshi was a true Pillar of Nigerian football, a big loss indeed. Although he was no longer the coach of the national team, Nigeria will surely miss Keshi".

It's unfortunate - Kojo

Former chairman of the defunct Nigeria Football Association Kojo Williams has described the death of Stephen Keshi as unfortunate. "It's unfortunate. It's a sad day for Nigerian football. I can't comprehend. Too bad. Keshi did his best for Nigerian football. It's sad the country is losing him now. Too bad.

This world is absolutely nothing - Barrister Obienu

One time member of the Nigeria Football Association, Nwabufor Obienu was so crestfallen when he heard of the sudden demise of Nigeria's iconic football personality Stephen Keshi that he exclaimed, "this world is nothing". He said it was hard to believe that Keshi was dead. "I cried when I first heard the news.

He shouldn't have died now. This world is absolutely nothing. It is vanity."

Keshi called me last week - Okpala

Former Super Eagles assistant coach under Keshi, Sylvanus Okpala has revealed his last moment with his former boss, saying, "what shocked me most was that we spoke last week when he called me to ask after my family and how we were doing.

"We discussed very well and he sounded very happy. He said he was happy now that he was living a quiet life as he entered the country without much noise. He joked about his new life. "I still can't get over the shock," Okpala said.

by Taboola
Sponsored Links
You May Like
tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: HATS OFF TO GHANA:

Post by tfco »

:clap:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

For Nkrumah?
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

I like most Ghanaians except a few like Rawlings, Na joking. Dem cool men, my African grocery man Na Ghanaian Mr Addo.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

okidoki wrote:I like most Ghanaians except a few like Rawlings, Na joking. Dem cool men, my African grocery man Na Ghanaian Mr Addo.
I am not 100% Ghanaian, so leave me out of this :winking:
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

I like all Bredas except CE's Rawlings
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
jb
Egg
Egg

Post by jb »

Igugu wrote:I personally love Ghana and Ghanaians, though I have never been to Ghana. I do not believe Nigeria will lower her flag to half mast for any Ghanaians' passing.
It shows we need to revisit our book of love for one another and common decency in Nigeria.

June 2016 S M T W T F S

Late Keshi

GHANA Football Association has paid tributes to the late Nigerian coach and footballer, Stephen Okechukwu Keshi.

GFA President Kwesi Nyantakyi sent a message of condolence to the Nigeria Football Federation and its President, Amaju Pinnick.

He describes Keshi a great man and a noble spirit, whose shining example of dedication to football and to footballers was not only to dedicated Nigeria but to several countries including Ghana.

He says the flags at the GFA headquarters will be flying at half-mast as a token of the Ghana football fraternity's deepest respect for Stephen Keshi.

"Big shock that Keshi is gone. Keshi was an icon of Nigerian football. Nobody can talk about Nigerian football without talking about Keshi. He died too early. It's unfortunate we lost him. "Keshi played his part, both as player and coach; won trophies for this country."

"We spoke last week and he never gave an indication of a man who had just one week to live. Keshi was a true Pillar of Nigerian football, a big loss indeed. Although he was no longer the coach of the national team, Nigeria will surely miss Keshi".

It's unfortunate - Kojo

Former chairman of the defunct Nigeria Football Association Kojo Williams has described the death of Stephen Keshi as unfortunate. "It's unfortunate. It's a sad day for Nigerian football. I can't comprehend. Too bad. Keshi did his best for Nigerian football. It's sad the country is losing him now. Too bad.

One time member of the Nigeria Football Association, Nwabufor Obienu was so crestfallen when he heard of the sudden demise of Nigeria's iconic football personality Stephen Keshi that he exclaimed, "this world is nothing". He said it was hard to believe that Keshi was dead. "I cried when I first heard the news.

Former Super Eagles assistant coach under Keshi, Sylvanus Okpala has revealed his last moment with his former boss, saying, "what shocked me most was that we spoke last week when he called me to ask after my family and how we were doing.

"We discussed very well and he sounded very happy. He said he was happy now that he was living a quiet life as he entered the country without much noise. He joked about his new life. "I still can't get over the shock," Okpala said.

by Taboola
Sponsored Links
You May Like
Great respect for GFA. All those Nigerians singing his praise posthumously, should bury their faces in shame. It would have been more honorable if they did that while he was alive. He has answered the supreme call and this is a time for us to reflect on our lives, knowing that some day we will answer the call also. No more enemies no more hatred, let peace and love prevail on earth.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:roll:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:I like all Bredas except CE's Rawlings
A ghanaman, claiming otherwise :roll:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Ghanaians are generally nice people our rivalry isn't that bitter to the point that they wouldn't join humanity in mourning the dead!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Igugu wrote:I personally love Ghana and Ghanaians, though I have never been to Ghana. I do not believe Nigeria will lower her flag to half mast for any Ghanaians' passing.
Do you know if the flag at Glass house is flying at half mask?
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

Igugu wrote:I personally love Ghana and Ghanaians, though I have never been to Ghana. I do not believe Nigeria will lower her flag to half mast for any Ghanaians' passing. I'm

June 2016 S M T W T F S

Late Keshi

It's unfortunate - Kojo

by Taboola
Sponsored Links
You May Like
My broda, try to visit, you'll have a whole new level of respect for Ghana and the Ghanian people.
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

okidoki wrote:I like most Ghanaians except a few like Rawlings, Na joking. Dem cool men, my African grocery man Na Ghanaian Mr Addo.
Ghana babes are sweet....
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Sir V wrote:
Do you know if the flag at Glass house is flying at half mask?
Do they even have a flag to start with?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Igugu na undercover. :twisted:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Togolese FA to bury late Keshi

By Rasaq Oboirien
NAIJASPORTSXTRA.BLOGSPOT.COM can inform that the Togolese Football Federation (FTF) has notified its Nigerian counterpart that they will be willing to take part in late Stephen Keshi's funeral.

Keshi who qualified the Hawks of Togo to their first even World Cup in Germany in 2006 died of a suspected heart failure on Wednesday in his Benin City residence.The FTF boss, Col Guy Akpovy in his tribute to the 'Big Boss' and letter sent to the Nigeria Football Federation expressed his "great emotion and his sincere condolences to the family and the NFF.

In the letter, "For us Togolese, Stephen keshi is one of ours. He was an ex-coach of the national team and qualified Togo for the first time in its history for the final phase of the FIFA World Cup in Germany 2006."

Akpovy, also expressed the wish of the FTF, that they be informed by the Glass House in Abuja of the funeral programme of late Keshi, so they can make their own provisions too.

Recall the 'Big Boss' was given the Togolese highest national honour and citizenship after the feat.

"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

:clap: :clap: We all know it's mere sibling rivalry - how can Nigerians and Ghanaians hate each other. We just enjoy hurting each other for bragging rights.
With that said I eagerly look forward to 2017 AFCON and a wild celebration of Ghana's crash to make it 35 years of trophylessness :woot: :mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

June 2016 S M T W T F S

Late Keshi

It's unfortunate - Kojo

by Taboola
Sponsored Links
You May Like
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Again, RIP Coach!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Sir V wrote:Togolese FA to bury late Keshi

By Rasaq Oboirien
NAIJASPORTSXTRA.BLOGSPOT.COM can inform that the Togolese Football Federation (FTF) has notified its Nigerian counterpart that they will be willing to take part in late Stephen Keshi's funeral.

Keshi who qualified the Hawks of Togo to their first even World Cup in Germany in 2006 died of a suspected heart failure on Wednesday in his Benin City residence.The FTF boss, Col Guy Akpovy in his tribute to the 'Big Boss' and letter sent to the Nigeria Football Federation expressed his "great emotion and his sincere condolences to the family and the NFF.

In the letter, "For us Togolese, Stephen keshi is one of ours. He was an ex-coach of the national team and qualified Togo for the first time in its history for the final phase of the FIFA World Cup in Germany 2006."

Akpovy, also expressed the wish of the FTF, that they be informed by the Glass House in Abuja of the funeral programme of late Keshi, so they can make their own provisions too.

Recall the 'Big Boss' was given the Togolese highest national honour and citizenship after the feat.

Proves of the coach's GREATNESS :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

cchinukw wrote:Igugu na undercover. :twisted:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Sir V wrote:Togolese FA to bury late Keshi

By Rasaq Oboirien

Now this brings me close to tears....
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho