Olympic List

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ahidjo
Egg
Egg
Olympic List

Post by Ahidjo »

Nigeria Squad Numbers

1) Daniel Akpeyi
2) Sincere Seth
3) Kingsley Madu
4) Abdullahi Shehu
5) Saturday Erimuya
6) William Troost-Ekong
7) Aminu Umar
8) Oghenekaro Etebo
9) Imoh Ezekiel
10) Obi Mikel
11) Junior Ajayi
12) Popoola Saliu
13) Sadiq Umar
14) Okechukwu Azubuike
15) Ndifreke Udo
16) Stanley Amuzie
17) Usman Mohammed
18) Emmanuel Daniel
19) Stanley Dimgba
20) Taiwo Awoniyi
21) Saviour Godwin
22) Yusuf Bala

http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19825
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Olympic List

Post by Bigpokey24 »

our first game is 2 weeks from today on the 4th :shock:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Kaiii the players not represented really pains me.

Even if we win, a part of me will still be saddened.

What could have been...
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

One of the worst Nigerian squads I have EVER seen for a major tournament!! The frontline - usually a major strength on Nigerian teams - is actually the worst I have ever seen!!

I am not sold on Sadiq. He has yet to prove himself at a significant level. The fact that Roma is willing to let him go also kinda speaks volumes.
How many goals did Ezekiel score last season?
How many goals did Awoniyi score in division 2?
How about Ajayi?

Yet, the likes of Chitakara and a host of quality and AVAILABLE strikers are not called.

Let me be the first to say it. THIS TEAM WILL NOT MAKE IT OUT OF THE GROUP!! Mark my words. Bookmark it!! I don't care. Siasia is a fraud.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

oh by the way did Chelsea release Mikel? I know Chelsea will be heading to the states next week, maybe boywonder will meet up with the rest of the u23s..however i think he shouldn't go to Rio
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Tbite wrote:Kaiii the players not represented really pains me.

What could have been...
If we win, how does "What could have been" comes to play? Kai! Fans sha...a damn shame if you ask me...smh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

18 players plus 4 on stand by?

4 FB 2 CB

Not accurate, looks like JJ to me.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Siasia never disappoints. Saviour made the team. :lol: Good business.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

bushboy wrote:One of the worst Nigerian squads I have EVER seen for a major tournament!! The frontline - usually a major strength on Nigerian teams - is actually the worst I have ever seen!!

I am not sold on Sadiq. He has yet to prove himself at a significant level. The fact that Roma is willing to let him go also kinda speaks volumes.
How about Ajayi?

Yet, the likes of Chitakara and a host of quality and AVAILABLE strikers are not called.

Let me be the first to say it. THIS TEAM WILL NOT MAKE IT OUT OF THE GROUP!! Mark my words. Bookmark it!! I don't care. Siasia is a fraud.
Where did you hear that Roma was willing let Sadiq go? They literally just bought him like two months ago?
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

ogasir wrote:
bushboy wrote:One of the worst Nigerian squads I have EVER seen for a major tournament!! The frontline - usually a major strength on Nigerian teams - is actually the worst I have ever seen!!

How about Ajayi?

Where did you hear that Roma was willing let Sadiq go? They literally just bought him like two months ago?
He was part of their youth system.

walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Bigpokey24 wrote:our first game is 2 weeks from today on the 4th :shock:
i join in the laugh act-
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Robbynice wrote:

What could have been...
If we win, how does "What could have been" comes to play? Kai! Fans sha...a damn shame if you ask me...smh
There is more to football than winning.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

The team list does not give anyone high hopes for success and then add the shambolic preparations so far and you have a recipe for disaster.

They do have ONE thing going for them....EVERYONE IS COUNTING THEM OUT!

Zero expectations means they play freely....who knows what may happen???
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I actually think this team will do well.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote:18 players plus 4 on stand by?

4 FB 2 CB

Bros,

That is the list being published in various Nigerian news sites. It is far more likely to be accurate, if you ask me. It is inaccurate to state that there is only two CBs. You realize that several of those players can play in multiple positions. In any case, the last four players on that list are currently listed as Alternates.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Enugu II wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:18 players plus 4 on stand by?

4 FB 2 CB

Bros,

That is the list being published in various Nigerian news sites. It is far more likely to be accurate, if you ask me. It is inaccurate to state that there is only two CBs. You realize that several of those players can play in multiple positions. In any case, the last four players on that list are currently listed as Alternates.
EXCLUSIVE: Full List Of Nigeria U-23s For Rio Olympics, Roma,Chelsea and Liverpool Stars Included

Nigeria
By owngoaladmin
Jul 18, 2016

Barring any last minute change, head coach of the Nigeria U-23s Samson Siasia has submitted a list of 19 players that will represent Nigeria at the Rio 2016 Olympics.

The list of 19 players has one player in as standby although the name of the player wasn’t mentioned but the move we gathered was done by the coach to make up for any disappointment that could come from any of the expected foreign based in the team.

Daniel Akpeyi
Emmanuel Daniel
Sincere Seth
Kenneth Omeruo
Stanley Amuzie
William Troost Ekong
Saturday Keigo Erimuya
Erhun Obanor
Mikel Obi
Azubuike Okechukwu
Ogenekaro Etebo
Usman Mohammed
Shehu Abdullahi
Stanley Dimgba
Aminu Umar
Imoh Ezekiel
Taiwo Awoniyi
Junior Ajayi
Sadiq Umar

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/07/18/ex ... -included/

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Robbynice wrote:

What could have been...

Somethings u just cant make up on this site. :D
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Well this is a chance for Imoh Ezekiel to shine. We should be able to put a decent starting 11 out on the pitch. The midfield is the weak point. Oh well, you play with the team you have.

GO FE senior! (this is no Dream Team)
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Tbite wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

What could have been...
My guy, the object of the game is to win. Anything else na tales by moonlight. Unless of course you have some interest in the players that couldn't make it. Even at that, can't you be happy for those that made it?
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Ahidjo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ahidjo »

How about Ajayi?

Worst in terms of? Quality of players? Non-invitation of preferred players? Performance proper? How do we scientifically and constructively measure absolute terms like "worst". An Olympic team that comprises about half of the players that have featured for the Super Eagles, at one point, at least, can not by any stretch of imagination, be tagged one of the worst. I do not think that the silver winning 2008 team could boast of that number. Granted, some of the players we wanted to see could not make it due to no fault of Siasia. The penchant to resort to name-calling is assuming an alarming dimension!
Last edited by Ahidjo on Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

How about Ajayi?

What do you expect when you haven't paid your coaches for months of which Siasia is one of them? Man MUST wack! :lol: :lol: :lol: Thus, whatever result we get, so be it
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

ohenhen1 wrote:
ogasir wrote:

How about Ajayi?

He was part of their youth system.
He was on loan to Roma from Spezia. He played in Roma's youth team for a year before he was officially acquired from Spezia
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Robbynice wrote:
Tbite wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

What could have been...
My guy, the object of the game is to win. Anything else na tales by moonlight. Unless of course you have some interest in the players that couldn't make it. Even at that, can't you be happy for those that made it?
C'mon Sports is more than that. I definitely didn't start watching football because I looked at a spreadsheet of W, L, D or GF, GA, GD etc

Winning is great but for me personally it isn't even the best part of sports. The mechanics is better, (i.e. how you execute the plays) and so too is the culture. I would put winning as #3 in the most important aspects of football. However the relationship is one that is inseparable. Which is to say that a healthy sport situation is one that should ideally have all three.

I think as easily as you might be uncomfortable if the win factor is not there, you should equally be disgruntled if the mechanics is not there or if the culture is not there. Football is not a simple affair. It is a very complex emotional affair.

Let us also remember that you deliberately took my post out of context and twisted it. I never said I would not be happy. I said A PART of me would be saddened. I'm sorry but I am never going to be as happy if Baba Suwe and Baba Sala won the World Cup for Nigeria, as I would if Iheanacho and Mikel won it.

It's just not going to happen. I never said I would not be happy for those that made it. I support every Nigerian team. I am just thinking of what could have been. Let us not blow things out of proportion.