Nigeria keen on Tammy Abraham

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nigeria keen on Tammy Abraham

Post by The YeyeMan »

Pinnick: Chelsea’s Abraham Is Like My Son, We’ll Get Him For Nigeria

13 OCT 2016
By Johnny Edward

The President of the Nigerian Football Federation Amaju Pinnick has dropped a hint that it will not be difficult to get Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham to switch from England and play for Nigeria in the near future, reports Completesportsnigeria.com.

Abraham, 19, is regarded as one of the most exciting young talents in English football and is often compared to Manchester United’s Marcus Rashford.

The tall centre forward was born to Nigerian parents but has played for England U-18s, U-19s and recently made his U-21s debut.

Abraham has scored 11 goals in his first 14 Championship and EFL Cup games for Bristol City, where he is on loan from Chelsea, and bagged a brace in his first start for England U-21s.

Pinnick revealed that he is in touch with the parents of the youngster, who was named the Championship player for the month of September.

“Tammy Abraham’s dad is my childhood friend, we grew up in the same neighbourhood in Warri,” Pinnick revealed in chat which Completesportsnigeria.com had access to.

“We speak quite often. Just finished another convo with him now. When we are ready, I am sure the NFF will not have any problem in securing his release. Tammy is like a son to me.”

http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/pi ... -will-get/
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria keen on Tammy Abraham

Post by Goldleaf »

Abraham scored 2 in England's U21 5-0 victory over Bosnia a few days ago. His 2nd was particularly delightful. In that match, England featured Josh Onomah, Dominic Iorfa and Tammy Abraham and they were all excellent. Onomah also scored. It will be a big battle to get England to give these boys to Nigeria.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Mouth, mouth. Secure the boy first before the English know what is going on.
We like to broadcast our intentions
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

pajimoh wrote:Mouth, mouth. Secure the boy first before the English know what is going on.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Goldleaf wrote:Abraham scored 2 in England's U21 5-0 victory over Bosnia a few days ago. His 2nd was particularly delightful. In that match, England featured Josh Onomah, Dominic Iorfa and Tammy Abraham and they were all excellent. Onomah also scored. It will be a big battle to get England to give these boys to Nigeria.
The question that needs to be put to these boys is "how many of you are realistically going to fit into the England team?" :idea:

There are so many of them and they are all the same age bracket.

England will never field a team full of Nigerians. Its just not going to happen. Imagine an England team full of Nigerian strikers, midfielders and defenders. You can easily field a strong England U-21 team full of top quality Naija boys today. There's even a 19-yr old Naija keeper rising fast that I was reading about just yesterday. Dem too many sef.

So these boys better see the bigger picture.
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

It looks like if you are born abroad but want to play for Nigeria, all you have to do is don't say you want to play for Nigeria. Ovie Ejaria and Kenny Otigba openly 'pledged allegiance' to Nigeria and no word from the NFF meanwhile there are reports all over the internet about them approaching Tammy Abraham. Incredible.
yes o
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

What about Ejaria?
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

oyek wrote:What about Ejaria?
Pinnick doesn't know his father. :lol: :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

The YeyeMan wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
yes o
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

papilo wrote:It looks like if you are born abroad but want to play for Nigeria, all you have to do is don't say you want to play for Nigeria. Ovie Ejaria and Kenny Otigba openly 'pledged allegiance' to Nigeria and no word from the NFF meanwhile there are reports all over the internet about them approaching Tammy Abraham. Incredible.
I'm pretty sure you are stretching the truth here.
When did Ejaria make this 'open pledge' you refer to?
:source:
tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

England will never allow us to take Tammy. Na just mouth
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

I believe there is a chance, maybe not now but the future. I believe most of these players will want to establish themselves at their clubs first, playing regularly at a high level before committing to a national team.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

The YeyeMan wrote:

13 OCT 2016
By Johnny Edward

The President of the Nigerian Football Federation Amaju Pinnick has dropped a hint that it will not be difficult to get Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham to switch from England and play for Nigeria in the near future, reports Completesportsnigeria.com.

Abraham, 19, is regarded as one of the most exciting young talents in English football and is often compared to Manchester United’s Marcus Rashford.

The tall centre forward was born to Nigerian parents but has played for England U-18s, U-19s and recently made his U-21s debut.

Abraham has scored 11 goals in his first 14 Championship and EFL Cup games for Bristol City, where he is on loan from Chelsea, and bagged a brace in his first start for England U-21s.

Pinnick revealed that he is in touch with the parents of the youngster, who was named the Championship player for the month of September.

“Tammy Abraham’s dad is my childhood friend, we grew up in the same neighbourhood in Warri,” Pinnick revealed in chat which Completesportsnigeria.com had access to.

“We speak quite often. Just finished another convo with him now. When we are ready, I am sure the NFF will not have any problem in securing his release. Tammy is like a son to me.”

The sensible thing to do would have been to pick a few of these guys and blood them in the u21 and/or u23 teams. Here they would have begun to gain an even closer affinity for Nigeria. Imagine if a couple of them were in the u23 team that went to the Olympics. With the likes of Abraham and Ejaria we may have even gotten to the final. There is no point waiting till they are on the verge of playing for England then start scrambling to change their minds. Someone nees to be courting them, asking the likes of Mikel, Iwobi and kelechi to speak to them and encourage them. We need to build these relationships and this should be done over time not at a whim.
YNWA
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

papilo wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is why cyber eagles is 10x funnier than Ali Baba :biggrin:
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

Damunk wrote:
papilo wrote:It looks like if you are born abroad but want to play for Nigeria, all you have to do is don't say you want to play for Nigeria. Ovie Ejaria and Kenny Otigba openly 'pledged allegiance' to Nigeria and no word from the NFF meanwhile there are reports all over the internet about them approaching Tammy Abraham. Incredible.
I'm pretty sure you are stretching the truth here.
When did Ejaria make this 'open pledge' you refer to?
:source:
http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/ ... nd-4020804

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/09/ov ... llegiance/

Happy?
yes o
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

tunde72 wrote:England will never allow us to take Tammy. Na just mouth
best to get them in now before they start getting regular 1st team football that is when England will call them up for their 1 and only cap to keep Nigeria off.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

heavyd wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

13 OCT 2016
By Johnny Edward

The sensible thing to do would have been to pick a few of these guys and blood them in the u21 and/or u23 teams. Here they would have begun to gain an even closer affinity for Nigeria. Imagine if a couple of them were in the u23 team that went to the Olympics. With the likes of Abraham and Ejaria we may have even gotten to the final. There is no point waiting till they are on the verge of playing for England then start scrambling to change their minds. Someone nees to be courting them, asking the likes of Mikel, Iwobi and kelechi to speak to them and encourage them. We need to build these relationships and this should be done over time not at a whim.
Totally agree, that's the sensible approach. It's all seems a bit haphazard and last minute at the moment. Pinnick saying he knows a player's father is not a strategy and probably not a useful tactic.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

heavyd wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

13 OCT 2016
By Johnny Edward

I agree but the truth is the European international youth set up is different from Africa's. In Europe, all national teams (from senior teams to almost all youth teams) play games during the international window. Which means clubs don't have a problem releasing youth players to play for their national teams. Our under 17, 20 and 23 qualifiers in Africa do not fall within the fifa calendar. This is a problem. What the NFF could do is arrange under 23 friendly games same time with the senior national team games and probably play a day earlier. This way, we could invite some of these guys so they get a feel of what it means being a Nigeria international and they know that they are not tied which means if they don't like it, they still have an opportunity to change their minds. Inviting a player like Iorfa or Aina for the first time for a world cup qualifier won't cut it. It is a risk for both the player and even the manager. Nigeria only raises youth teams when there is a tournament or qualifier around the corner.
yes o
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

pajimoh wrote:Mouth, mouth. Secure the boy first before the English know what is going on.
nor mind peakmilk
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The YeyeMan wrote:
no wonder you be yeyeman... :lol: :lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

papilo wrote:
heavyd wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

13 OCT 2016
By Johnny Edward

I agree but the truth is the European international youth set up is different from Africa's. In Europe, all national teams (from senior teams to almost all youth teams) play games during the international window. Which means clubs don't have a problem releasing youth players to play for their national teams. Our under 17, 20 and 23 qualifiers in Africa do not fall within the fifa calendar. This is a problem. What the NFF could do is arrange under 23 friendly games same time with the senior national team games and probably play a day earlier. This way, we could invite some of these guys so they get a feel of what it means being a Nigeria international and they know that they are not tied which means if they don't like it, they still have an opportunity to change their minds. Inviting a player like Iorfa or Aina for the first time for a world cup qualifier won't cut it. It is a risk for both the player and even the manager. Nigeria only raises youth teams when there is a tournament or qualifier around the corner.
Very intelligent point.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

oyek wrote:
papilo wrote:
heavyd wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

13 OCT 2016
By Johnny Edward

Very intelligent point.
Indeed. :agree:
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Zelex wrote:
oyek wrote:
papilo wrote:
heavyd wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

13 OCT 2016
By Johnny Edward

Very intelligent point.
Indeed. :agree:

Actually disagree.

1. The key thing here is to build relationships, not necessarily to tie players down with youth football, cus they can always change their minds! If you build the relationship early, the rest will simply fall in place.

How to do that? Use ex-players as ambassadors, in a manner that is target specific.

2. B/c of the uncertainties in youth football, you probably want to wait for players to fully emerge as real prospects before making a final move. I would suggest that the best case scenario atm would be Ejaria, Ojo, Aina and Lookman.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp