Ndidi

Ndidi

Just thought I'd point out the absolute monster that's Wilfred Ndidi. Watched another of his games yesterday and was impressed again. Not even his best game but he is ahead of most defensive midfielders I've watched in many of Europe's top leagues this season. He averages almost 7 tackles and more than 4 interceptions per game while having almost 4 clearances per game. Whoscored doesn't have detailed stats for the Belgian league so this is all from the Europa league. Offensively, he averages 6 long passes in every game. What the stats don't show is that he dictates how Genk plays... points where the ball should go and you can see his teammates trust him. He is effectively combining the role of a deep lying playmaker with that of a very good third central defender.

Kante

or to Ogu

and Onazi (if you want Naija players)

Stats can be misleading but this is definitely a player who's going to be one of the best in the world one day and we should probably use him more in the national set up
kali
Re: Ndidi

Post by kali »

I noticed too. He is a very strong presence in the midfield. Rohr should try him out in place of either Mikel or Onazi.
okidoki

Post by okidoki »

Really impressive stats...
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.

I love how you use a tiny sample size from europa first round games to reach a conclusion which - going by the stats - suggests that Ndidi is even better than kante among others. Very smart. :clap:

The more reason why he should steer clear of Leicester.

green4life wrote:I love how you use a tiny sample size from europa first round games to reach a conclusion which - going by the stats - suggests that Ndidi is even better than kante among others. Very smart. :clap:
I didn't suggest that and didn't reach conclusion in my post. I presented the (great) stats. I also brought up the small sample size and inadequacies of stats in my post.

Dammy wrote:The more reason why he should steer clear of Leicester.
From watching him, he's def not a Leicester level player. He deserves to be playing in a top 4 team in England or Spain.

niyi wrote:
green4life wrote:I love how you use a tiny sample size from europa first round games to reach a conclusion which - going by the stats - suggests that Ndidi is even better than kante among others. Very smart. :clap:
I didn't suggest that and didn't reach conclusion in my post. I presented the (great) stats. I also brought up the small sample size and inadequacies of stats in my post.
I understand your point but you should use a bigger sample size across competitions to support your assertion. Kante is playing at a higher level. Onazi has stats from serie A. Ndidi himself has more stats than 5 games in europa. Then there's also national team stats to consider. You might be onto something but your approach is lacking.

niyi wrote:
I understand your point but you should use a bigger sample size across competitions to support your assertion. Kante is playing at a higher level. Onazi has stats from serie A. Ndidi himself has more stats than 5 games in europa. Then there's also national team stats to consider. You might be onto something but your approach is lacking.
I think he was only trying to provide some food for thought, not win the Nobel prize for statistics.

No one expects Nobel prize level work. That's obvious. But at the same time when you make an assertion, and proceed to selectively use a couple handful of games to compare against other players that have an extensive body of work while playing at a higher level of competition, you can expect questions to be asked.

The stats niyi provided assert that Ndidi is as good if not better than Kante right now and much better than Onazi. Food for thought? The thought provides stem for the begging questions.

green4life wrote:The stats niyi provided assert that Ndidi is as good if not better than Kante right now and much better than Onazi. Food for thought? The thought provides stem for the begging questions.
I'm s going to be tough for onazi to retain his starting position in SE if Ndidi moves to a bigger club and performs as expected. All of a sudden we have a good set of players in mf.

yup onazi's place is as risk
green4life wrote:The stats niyi provided assert that Ndidi is as good if not better than Kante right now and much better than Onazi. Food for thought? The thought provides stem for the begging questions.
I'm s going to be tough for onazi to retain his starting position in SE if Ndidi moves to a bigger club and performs as expected. All of a sudden we have a good set of players in mf.

Why nah :rotf:

green4life wrote:No one expects Nobel prize level work. That's obvious. But at the same time when you make an assertion, and proceed to selectively use a couple handful of games to compare against other players that have an extensive body of work while playing at a higher level of competition, you can expect questions to be asked.
Again... what assertions did I make based on just these stats? Getting a feeling you are reading something different from what I wrote.

Why Onazi? Why not Etebo or Mikel?

niyi wrote:
green4life wrote:No one expects Nobel prize level work. That's obvious. But at the same time when you make an assertion, and proceed to selectively use a couple handful of games to compare against other players that have an extensive body of work while playing at a higher level of competition, you can expect questions to be asked.
Again... what assertions did I make based on just these stats? Getting a feeling you are reading something different from what I wrote.
You really cant see why you have struck a nerve? ?? #Mikel

Ndidi is one of the smartest players i saw while watching naija youth football. I am not surprised by his success at all

niyi wrote:
Why Onazi? Why not Etebo or Mikel?
Onazi is a brainless player who has refused to improve

I will definitely take Ndidi over Onazi.
More composed, can pass the ball better and can score.

Niyi opened this thread to take a dig on Mikel..guess what Mikel will always start for the SE..deal with that reality. Ndidi is a squad player..Onazi and Mikel are sure starters for the SE...no one will take that away from then until they retire , get suspended etc..in fact Etebo......is also going to be a sure starter

Bigpokey24 wrote:Niyi opened this thread to take a dig on Mikel..guess what Mikel will always start for the SE..deal with that reality. Ndidi is a squad player..Onazi and Mikel are sure starters for the SE...no one will take that away from then until they retire , get suspended etc..in fact Etebo......is also going to be a sure starter
Where did I mention Mikel in the OP? Your obsession is getting out of hand... you're becoming paranoid. Please seek help. Even Mikel would want you to seek help.

Mods please delete irrelevant stuff like this from this thread.

niyi wrote:
You really cant see why you have struck a nerve? ?? #Mikel

I didn't want to believe it o till I saw bigpokey's paranoid rant up there. It was bad enough we couldn't criticise Mikel on this forum but apparently it's also a crime to praise other players now too.

Niyi stop lying to yourself. . You knew well in advance the purpose of this thread