Ndidi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

niyi
Egg
Egg
Ndidi

Post by niyi »

Just thought I'd point out the absolute monster that's Wilfred Ndidi. Watched another of his games yesterday and was impressed again. Not even his best game but he is ahead of most defensive midfielders I've watched in many of Europe's top leagues this season. He averages almost 7 tackles and more than 4 interceptions per game while having almost 4 clearances per game. Whoscored doesn't have detailed stats for the Belgian league so this is all from the Europa league. Offensively, he averages 6 long passes in every game. What the stats don't show is that he dictates how Genk plays... points where the ball should go and you can see his teammates trust him. He is effectively combining the role of a deep lying playmaker with that of a very good third central defender.

Kante

or to Ogu

and Onazi (if you want Naija players)

Stats can be misleading but this is definitely a player who's going to be one of the best in the world one day and we should probably use him more in the national set up
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
kali
Egg
Egg
Re: Ndidi

Post by kali »

I noticed too. He is a very strong presence in the midfield. Rohr should try him out in place of either Mikel or Onazi.
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Really impressive stats...
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

I love how you use a tiny sample size from europa first round games to reach a conclusion which - going by the stats - suggests that Ndidi is even better than kante among others. Very smart. :clap:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The more reason why he should steer clear of Leicester.
I am happy
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

green4life wrote:I love how you use a tiny sample size from europa first round games to reach a conclusion which - going by the stats - suggests that Ndidi is even better than kante among others. Very smart. :clap:
I didn't suggest that and didn't reach conclusion in my post. I presented the (great) stats. I also brought up the small sample size and inadequacies of stats in my post.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Dammy wrote:The more reason why he should steer clear of Leicester.
From watching him, he's def not a Leicester level player. He deserves to be playing in a top 4 team in England or Spain.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

niyi wrote:
green4life wrote:I love how you use a tiny sample size from europa first round games to reach a conclusion which - going by the stats - suggests that Ndidi is even better than kante among others. Very smart. :clap:
I didn't suggest that and didn't reach conclusion in my post. I presented the (great) stats. I also brought up the small sample size and inadequacies of stats in my post.
I understand your point but you should use a bigger sample size across competitions to support your assertion. Kante is playing at a higher level. Onazi has stats from serie A. Ndidi himself has more stats than 5 games in europa. Then there's also national team stats to consider. You might be onto something but your approach is lacking.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

green4life wrote:
niyi wrote:
I understand your point but you should use a bigger sample size across competitions to support your assertion. Kante is playing at a higher level. Onazi has stats from serie A. Ndidi himself has more stats than 5 games in europa. Then there's also national team stats to consider. You might be onto something but your approach is lacking.
I think he was only trying to provide some food for thought, not win the Nobel prize for statistics.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

No one expects Nobel prize level work. That's obvious. But at the same time when you make an assertion, and proceed to selectively use a couple handful of games to compare against other players that have an extensive body of work while playing at a higher level of competition, you can expect questions to be asked.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

The stats niyi provided assert that Ndidi is as good if not better than Kante right now and much better than Onazi. Food for thought? The thought provides stem for the begging questions.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

green4life wrote:The stats niyi provided assert that Ndidi is as good if not better than Kante right now and much better than Onazi. Food for thought? The thought provides stem for the begging questions.
I'm s going to be tough for onazi to retain his starting position in SE if Ndidi moves to a bigger club and performs as expected. All of a sudden we have a good set of players in mf.
OCCUPY NFF!!
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

yup onazi's place is as risk
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
green4life wrote:The stats niyi provided assert that Ndidi is as good if not better than Kante right now and much better than Onazi. Food for thought? The thought provides stem for the begging questions.
I'm s going to be tough for onazi to retain his starting position in SE if Ndidi moves to a bigger club and performs as expected. All of a sudden we have a good set of players in mf.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Why nah :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

green4life wrote:No one expects Nobel prize level work. That's obvious. But at the same time when you make an assertion, and proceed to selectively use a couple handful of games to compare against other players that have an extensive body of work while playing at a higher level of competition, you can expect questions to be asked.
Again... what assertions did I make based on just these stats? Getting a feeling you are reading something different from what I wrote.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Why Onazi? Why not Etebo or Mikel?
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

niyi wrote:
green4life wrote:No one expects Nobel prize level work. That's obvious. But at the same time when you make an assertion, and proceed to selectively use a couple handful of games to compare against other players that have an extensive body of work while playing at a higher level of competition, you can expect questions to be asked.
Again... what assertions did I make based on just these stats? Getting a feeling you are reading something different from what I wrote.
You really cant see why you have struck a nerve? ?? #Mikel

Ndidi is one of the smartest players i saw while watching naija youth football. I am not surprised by his success at all
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

niyi wrote:
Why Onazi? Why not Etebo or Mikel?
Onazi is a brainless player who has refused to improve
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

I will definitely take Ndidi over Onazi.
More composed, can pass the ball better and can score.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Niyi opened this thread to take a dig on Mikel..guess what Mikel will always start for the SE..deal with that reality. Ndidi is a squad player..Onazi and Mikel are sure starters for the SE...no one will take that away from then until they retire , get suspended etc..in fact Etebo......is also going to be a sure starter
SuperEagles

niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Niyi opened this thread to take a dig on Mikel..guess what Mikel will always start for the SE..deal with that reality. Ndidi is a squad player..Onazi and Mikel are sure starters for the SE...no one will take that away from then until they retire , get suspended etc..in fact Etebo......is also going to be a sure starter
Where did I mention Mikel in the OP? Your obsession is getting out of hand... you're becoming paranoid. Please seek help. Even Mikel would want you to seek help.

Mods please delete irrelevant stuff like this from this thread.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

danfo driver wrote:
niyi wrote:
You really cant see why you have struck a nerve? ?? #Mikel

I didn't want to believe it o till I saw bigpokey's paranoid rant up there. It was bad enough we couldn't criticise Mikel on this forum but apparently it's also a crime to praise other players now too.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Niyi stop lying to yourself. . You knew well in advance the purpose of this thread
SuperEagles