NIGERIA VS. MOROCCO (Live)!!! The hour of reckoning as come!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cross
Egg
Egg

Post by Cross »

Let's be REAL MADRID for once. Our strengths are creativity and goal scoring.....let maximize them and stop trying to play catenacio.
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

Yeah, let's be Real Madrid or Brazil, but let's take chances as those teams do. I don't mind if we concede 2 goals in the process of scoring 7 in one match. I want to see good soccer and utilization of chances.
Sampo
Egg
Egg

Post by Sampo »

Oba from Montreal wrote:
Eagle Winged wrote:What sort of crap is this? How can it be "live" when the match doesnt even kick off for 18 hours? Yeye man.
If it would satisfy you, tell me how to change the heading to: NIGERIA VS. MOROCCO (PREMATCH) - Nigerian Team list.

(But then, I don't take kindly to insults). :twisted:

( :D )!!!
Man, you for understand say Nations Cup fever don reach the highest pitch. E don grip everyone here! Temperatures just dey soar all the time. :mrgreen: How something wey go happen tomorrow come dey LIVE for ya end already? People go ask questions now.. :shock: :twisted: :lol:
S a m p o
Fly, Eagles! Fly!!!
Sampo
Egg
Egg

Post by Sampo »

As long we outscore all comers, it's all good...
S a m p o
Fly, Eagles! Fly!!!
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

Very weak midfield!
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Oba from Montreal wrote:Yeah, let's be Real Madrid or Brazil, but let's take chances as those teams do. I don't mind if we concede 2 goals in the process of scoring 7 in one match. I want to see good soccer and utilization of chances.
Like Real played against Juventus last season and Brazil against Italy and Argentina in 82 and 90 respectively.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

Let's just give a good show, thrash the Moroccan lads and show all this doubting Thomasses that we are serious in our quest for the title.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

I will also opt for Lawal instead of Kanu because of his work ethic and reporte great camp.However,whenever Kanu puts it on the line(vs Senegal,vs Malawi,vs Jamaica),he makes our opponents wish we had played with an extra DM instead!I hope the Olympic Kanu shows up tomorrow,then Morocco will know its over.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

So CCC plans sthg like this:

*******************goalie*****************************

*George*******yobo******okoronkwo*************baba

*******Uttaka******olofinjana****************JJ*******

********JAG**********Kanu*********Aiyegbini

I assume he expect Baba tpo come up on the left and act like that 4th midfield player.
CMS
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by CMS »

NO Defense in the mid-field at all. Big hole in the middle.. To top it off wastefull Aiyegbeni in the forward. This no does not show Team defending at all. It's all offense and nothing else.
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

Keshi said that before the team arrived South Africa that he told skipper Joseph Yobo that the Eagles were going to win the Cup but the former Everton defender did not believe.
:lol:
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

This team lacks balance, looks like chuckwu does not have the bottle to bench Kanu. we are seriously lacking in the midfield department. effectively all we have is a defence line and an attack line, no midfield :(. Except we are playing mass attack and mass defence. :mrgreen:. Chuckwu should not try this line up it will be nothing short of suicide. Except he has a dynamic strategy which sees baba joining the midfield and kanu falling deep into midfield, effectively we would have a dynamic 3-5-2 V 4-3-3 formation.
Last edited by DIMKA76 on Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

The problem with such formations is that it leaves too many holes in midfield and this can be problematic!
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Kanu and Okocha and ANOTHER TWO strikers cannot be allowed to paly in the same team
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

Why couldn't soccer be a game of 12 players? That would have made our game a lot easier :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Yujam, if that is indeed the line-up, it will look like this:

**********Aiyegbeni****************Aghaowa************

***Okocha******Olofinjana*********Kanu**********Utaka***

***Babayaro******Okoronkwo********Yobo********Abbey***

*************************Enyeama*********************

However, I have serious doubts about the veracity of this line-up despite it appearing on Kick Off's site. I know that they normally get it right and have access to the coaching staff but I suspect this is a decoy to mislead opponents.

I spoke to one of the players today, who said they had not been informed and they will not be told of the line-up until tomorrow morning.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Oba from Montreal, why settle for 12 when you can go for the juggular. Ask for 22 instead :evil:.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Ayo Akinfe, how can you push Okocha, a workhouse, to the left and leave Kanu, the slowest and weakest man in the team, to battle hard in the midfield? It doesn't make sense.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
elhadji
Egg
Egg

Post by elhadji »

that midfield is slower than molasses. Who is the ball winner besides Olofinjana......... Please don't expect utaka and kanu to be tracking back like proper outside midfielders a la beckham and lungberg. Kanu and Utaka are not box to box player. Using Utaka would be okay if you had two ball winners in the middle of the park but we don't. Olofinjana needs some support. I would recommend the insertion of Ekweume or Lawal to play alongside Olofinjana. Then you can play jay jay and either osaze or utaka on the right. We got to have guys in the midfield who can mix it up. I don't recall ever seeing jay jay or kanu ever making one single sliding tackle in their long careers. They surely will not start during CAN2004.
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

I wouldn't want to be in Olofinyana's shoes. Poor lad.
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

Its a Goal wrote:Ayo Akinfe, how can you push Okocha, a workhouse, to the left and leave Kanu, the slowest and weakest man in the team, to battle hard in the midfield? It doesn't make sense.
Kanu must not play in midfield...this is suicide...If Kanu plays he should be upfront either they find a way of benching aiyegbeni and drafting ekueme or ekong or lawal in midfield or they basically push jag to the right ..kanu in the middle...utaka on the bench for ekeume/lawal this is the only way ....
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

like i have said , kanu has no defending ability.. but since kanu MUST always start, we have to accomodate him some how...and the best formation i have seen do this is the 'christmas tree' formation...putting kanu in the midfield is useless since he cannot defend to save his family...kanu should be upfront with yak and JAG behind him...if u have watched Kanu play u know he always waits for the players behind him to run past him when he has the ball...he does this because he is too slow to launch a counter himself and he is good at putting players through...if we have 2 fast runners i.e YAk and JAG behind him then the tree formatin will work well..Even Arsenal kinda use Kanu in the same way...the only diffrence is that Kanu holds the ball for the midfielders I.e pires,ljungberg and parlour to run past him...
any how sha lets wait and see what happens tommorow..C3 cant be that dumb...i want to see his game plan...but from what i see it looks like all out attack...i dont mind the formation as long as all the defenders are ready to sit back and wait..take note babayaro, u are too slow to attack and u are not a midfielder...i just dont want to see us getting whipped by 2 fast counter attack goals...
well at least kanu can win free kicks and penalties....im sure diouf wishes he was as skilled as kanu at falling, little does he know that kanu really falls with every little touch...
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
so__so_scandalous
Egg
Egg

Post by so__so_scandalous »

It would be a bold move indeed by christian chukwu to field a team like this...I look forward to seeing how they'll line up but I think a better formation would be

...........................Enyeama,.........................

Abbey...........Yiobo.....okoronkwo..............babyaro

Ikedia,,,,,.......olofinjana.................................okocha

........................................Kanu..................................

.............Agahowa.............................utaka..............

With Osaze coming in for Kanu if he's underperforming and Ayegbeni coming in for utaka if we're urgently chasing a goal.

I saw joe cole and BABAyaro perform wonderfully together on chelsea's left a while ago. If jayJay and babayaro can replicate this tomorrow, it would be ill.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Yujam, if that is indeed the line-up, it will look like this:

**********Aiyegbeni****************Aghaowa************

***Okocha******Olofinjana*********Kanu**********Utaka***

***Babayaro******Okoronkwo********Yobo********Abbey***

*************************Enyeama*********************

However, I have serious doubts about the veracity of this line-up despite it appearing on Kick Off's site. I know that they normally get it right and have access to the coaching staff but I suspect this is a decoy to mislead opponents.

I spoke to one of the players today, who said they had not been informed and they will not be told of the line-up until tomorrow morning.
Ayo, I agree. This is a trick to con the Morrocans. This cannot be for real. If true then I do not like this team, it is a receipe for disaster, poor Seyi will just be strangled with too much work defensively when we do not have the ball.

I pray this is not the team.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.