Nigeria no longer relevant in football – John Fashanu

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

otite
Egg
Egg
Nigeria no longer relevant in football – John Fashanu

Post by otite »

» Nigeria no longer relevant in football – John Fashanu

Nigeria no longer relevant in football – John FashanuBy John Owen Nwachukwu on January 9, 2017
john_fashanu

Nigerian-born former England striker, John Fashanu, says Nigeria has lost its weight in world football following series of poor performances at international competitions.

Fashanu cited lack of quality players as the reason for the downward trend in international reputation for the country.

The Super Eagles will be missing at the African Cup of Nations twice in a row and the former Wimbledon forward pointed at the country’s poor grassroots development for the slow and pain death.

Fashanu told Goal, “We ask ourselves where are the potentials? Where are the Jay Jays, Kanus and the Fashanus – where are they?

“They are not coming out now. Sometimes you need to take one step back to move forward.

“Because right now there are lot of potentials but there is no international quality we need to breakthrough.

“And if it is not there, we are surely not going to get recognition. What do we rank now? The ranking of Nigeria is currently between 50 to 60 in the world.

“I’m sorry to say that we are irrelevant. And when it comes to football we should be right up there in the top 15 to 20.

“We want to see some of the potentials and let’s not keep calling it potentials but let’s see some stuff come back again.”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/01/09/nigeria- ... n-fashanu/
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria no longer relevant in football – John Fashanu

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Who's in the "we" this maga is talking about? Yo bra, "we" ain't England and u need to stfu before "we" start missing our meds on ya azz. :boo:
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Every Nigerian or Super Eagles's fans (supporters) already know what Fashanu is saying, but what different does saying such a thing makes now?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

He said "where are the Fashanu". Dis man wan kill me die! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Someone asked Fash a question so he is giving his 2 pence
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Why is this Englishman commenting on Nigerian football?
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The bobo is right 100%...and the blame falls 100% on the NFF
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Who's in the "we" this maga is talking about? Yo bra, "we" ain't England and u need to stfu before "we" start missing our meds on ya azz. :boo:
:lol: :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

DIMKA76 wrote:Someone asked Fash a question so he is giving his 2 pence
He is trying to reap where he did not sew; so if someone ask you to comment on CIA missions - you go begin run your mouth?
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Fashanu is probably from Ghana :laugh:
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Talk like this is just meant to make Fashanu relevant again. Its inconsequential
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

There are always those who seek to bring the irrelevant into discussions.
Sincerely, I have never met any non-Nigerian that have brought this name up when we discuss football.
Abeg, carry go!!!
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

joao wrote:There are always those who seek to bring the irrelevant into discussions.
Sincerely, I have never met any non-Nigerian that have brought this name up when we discuss football.
Abeg, carry go!!!
Rawlings nko?

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

metalalloy wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Who's in the "we" this maga is talking about? Yo bra, "we" ain't England and u need to stfu before "we" start missing our meds on ya azz. :boo:
See them denying their own son. :lol: :lol:

It's in the OP that Fashanu is Naija born.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Kabalega wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

identity is not the same as citizenship

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

kalani JR wrote:He said "where are the Fashanu". Dis man wan kill me die! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
That made him sound irrelevant,if he is claiming that he's up there with Okocha and Kanu,I can only agree with his point but he's only a Wimbledon legend!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

kalani JR wrote:He said "where are the Fashanu". Dis man wan kill me die! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
He actually said worse. He said: " Where are the Jay Jays, Kanus and the Fashanus" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The man is non compos mentis. You can't take him or anything he says seriously. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Waffiman wrote:
He actually said worse. He said: " Where are the Jay Jays, Kanus and the Fashanus" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The man is non compos mentis. You can't take him or anything he says seriously. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
But some journalists entertain this!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

John Fashanu no longer relevant in football - Nigeria
yes o
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

jette1 wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

identity is not the same as citizenship
Why disavow our outspoken son?

Fashanu IDs himself as Nigerian.
He is also eligible to be a citizen and is a national of Nigeria.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

papilo wrote:John Fashanu no longer relevant in football - Nigeria
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Waffiman wrote:

I saw that but I can't bring myself to put their names in the same sentence as his.