Aghahowa Story??????

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Aghahowa Story??????

Post by Enugu II »

I do not recall Aghahowa scoring against Morocco in 2000??

Aghahowa vows to wreck Moroccans with goals if…

By ADE OJEIKERE
Eagles striker Julius Aghahowa has promised to bang the Moroccans with goals today in Monastir if his colleagues provide him with the killerpasses to wreck the Margeb nation in the opening match of Group D at the 2004 African Nations Cup competition.

Aghahowa stated that even though the Moroccan game was Nigeria’s first in the competition, the players were in the right frame of mind to deal ruthlessly with their opponents today.

He revealed that Nigeria has a good team to crush the Moroccans, stressing that if the players remain as dedicated as they have shown during training and the few games played, no team at the 2004 African Nations Cup competition would pose a threat to Nigeria.

He admitted that although he scored his first international goal for the Eagles against Morocco in the 2000 edition, "The Morocco that we beat in Ghana/Nigeria 2000 will be a lot different from the one we're playing on Tuesday.

There'll be new players, new coaches and new tactics.

To say that I'll score against them now because I scored against them four years ago is wrong. What if I did not score against them before? Does that mean I would never score against them ?
We have a very good team here and if we all fasten our belts and get down to business, no team can pose any threat to us.

"If we approach all our games like cup finals and play with the right mentality, no team can stop us from winning this cup."
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

We shall see in less than 24 hours.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

Eagle Winged wrote:Enugu II, he most certainly did.

He could possibly have. I will have to check.
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

Enugu II, click on the link i gave. What more evidence do you need?
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

Also click here.
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

EW:

I had not seen the link. I was referring to my records. However, I have now checked the link and he did score. For some reason, I wondered if the guy even played in that game.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Enugu II,
Aghahowa scored the second goal in our 2:0 victory over Morocco at ANC 2000. Finidi scored the first from a 25 yard blast (that day Finidi had what, in my opinion, is his best ever game for the Super Eagles). Aghahowa came on in the second half, and ran down an over the top pass to slot the ball past the Morocco goalkeeper. That was the first time Nigerians saw his somersault celebration, and the crowd just went wild. I remember Bonfrere laughing at the celebration on the TV screen and saying something to the effect of, "Look at him! What is wrong with that boy?"
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I am beginning to feel the tension. Agha, I hope you are better relaxed than me for this match :shock:.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Enugu II wrote:EW:

I had not seen the link. I was referring to my records. However, I have now checked the link and he did score. For some reason, I wondered if the guy even played in that game.
Enugu:
no tell me say old age don catch you! JAG had a total of 3 goals at ANC 2000, his brace against senegal and the second goal against Morocco.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

Man, Aghahowa is the ultimate striker and I have a feeling, barring injury, that he will be the top gun for this tournament.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I hope so too.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

agha has a habbit of getting cards
Egg

Post by iyerebee »

may God help him;
it's almost time
La Reussi
Egg
Egg

Post by La Reussi »

40 minutes and counting..........................

LA Reussi
In all things and every situation, give thanks to God.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

I hope he has made his customary call to his wife and prayed with her.

Best of luck to the JAG, and happy hunting.
To stop trying is to start dying