Solomon Kalou: I am done with The Elephants of CIV

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

lukemana
Egg
Egg
Solomon Kalou: I am done with The Elephants of CIV

Post by lukemana »

http://news.africahotnews.net/?idnews=8 ... -Elephants

Après la CAN 2017, on ne reverra plus Salomon Kalou sous les couleurs de la Côte d’Ivoire. L’attaquant de 32 ans a mis fin à sa carrière internationale.

Salomon Kalou et les Eléphants de Côte d’Ivoire ce sera bientôt la fin d’une aventure qui a duré 10 ans. Le joueur a annoncé qu’il mettrait fin à sa carrière internationale dès la fin de la CAN gabonaise

"Bien sûr que c’est ma dernière. J’ai 31 ans et bientôt, en août, j’en aurai 32. On va dire que j’ai été béni tout au long de ma carrière avec les Éléphants avec qui j’ai joué sept Coupes d’Afrique des Nations. Je garde de bons souvenirs de gars fantastiques. Mon meilleur souvenir reste sans doute la Coupe du monde 2010 en Afrique du Sud. C’est donc avec beaucoup de plaisir et de fierté d‘être arrivé à ce niveau de jeu que je prendrai ma retraite’’ a –t-il confié.

Salomon Kalomon, c’est 29 buts en 81 caps avec la sélection ivoirienne faisant de lui, le 2ème buteur de l’histoire des Eléphants derrière Didier Drogba, lui aussi à la retraite depuis bientôt deux ans.

Celui qui évolue au sein du club allemand du Hertha Berlin espère évidemment que la Côte d’ivoire fasse un parcours honorable dans cette Coupe d’Afrique des nations. Elle n’a plus son destin en main dans la compétition et devra coûte que coûte se défaire ce mardi du Maroc pour espérer poursuivre son parcours. Ce match pourrait être en cas de défaite, le dernier de Salomon Kalou sous la tunique orange.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Solomon Kalou: I am done with The Elephants of CIV

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Don't let the door hit u on your way out.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

He will be back for the World Cup qualifiers.
I am happy
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...the last of the breed. He should have followed Drogba, and the Toure brothers, and that their good goalie Barry. I guess he played to see if he can resurrect interest to get back to epl.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

mcal wrote:...the last of the breed. He should have followed Drogba, and the Toure brothers, and that their good goalie Barry. I guess he played to see if he can resurrect interest to get back to epl.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

He is a useless player, always dribbling into cul-de-sac.
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

vancity eagle wrote:He is a useless player, always dribbling into cul-de-sac.
Well, on the Ivorian side, he was the man of the match against Maroc (according to Abidjan.net)

Cheers!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Dammy wrote:He will be back for the World Cup qualifiers.
I think he will be back as well. He is just frustrated by the loss which is very understandable.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
lekanlij
Egg
Egg

Post by lekanlij »

All those commenting - can you read French or just assuming kalou said what lukemana said he did?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

lekanlij wrote:All those commenting - can you read French or just assuming kalou said what lukemana said he did?
:clap:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Jaidi
Egg
Egg

Post by Jaidi »

Seems like it was a generation ago when he was fighting to play for the Dutch :woot: Who wouldve guessed he would end up with 81 caps with CIV?
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

Odas wrote:
Dammy wrote:He will be back for the World Cup qualifiers.
I think he will be back as well. He is just frustrated by the loss which is very understandable.
He made that statement before the game against Morrocco. Read the report bro!
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

lekanlij wrote:All those commenting - can you read French or just assuming kalou said what lukemana said he did?
"Bien sûr que c’est ma dernière. J’ai 31 ans et bientôt, en août, j’en aurai 32. On va dire que j’ai été béni tout au long de ma carrière avec les Éléphants avec qui j’ai joué sept Coupes d’Afrique des Nations. Je garde de bons souvenirs de gars fantastiques. Mon meilleur souvenir reste sans doute la Coupe du monde 2010 en Afrique du Sud. C’est donc avec beaucoup de plaisir et de fierté d‘être arrivé à ce niveau de jeu que je prendrai ma retraite’’ a –t-il confié.

Quick translation: Of course this is my last one. I am 31 and soon in August, I will turn 32. It will be justly said later on that I have been blessed during my stint with the Elephants, with whom I have played 7 ACNs. I am leaving with great memories, having played with great people. Without doubt, the best remain the WC in 2010 in South Africa.. It is therefore with many satisfaction and pride that I have reached this level of the game and will retire!

I have attempted a translation based on the context.... totally different from the ad-verbatim translation provided by Google. If anyone can do better, please go ahead. Yes, he will retire. Will he come back? I don't think so. God know best. Once again, this interview was conducted BEFORE THE LOSS AGAINST MORROCCO!!!

Cheers!!!

Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

Dude...you were done way before...LOL
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

lukemana wrote: http://news.africahotnews.net/?idnews=8 ... -Elephants

Après la CAN 2017, on ne reverra plus Salomon Kalou sous les couleurs de la Côte d’Ivoire. L’attaquant de 32 ans a mis fin à sa carrière internationale.

Salomon Kalou et les Eléphants de Côte d’Ivoire ce sera bientôt la fin d’une aventure qui a duré 10 ans. Le joueur a annoncé qu’il mettrait fin à sa carrière internationale dès la fin de la CAN gabonaise

Salomon Kalomon, c’est 29 buts en 81 caps avec la sélection ivoirienne faisant de lui, le 2ème buteur de l’histoire des Eléphants derrière Didier Drogba, lui aussi à la retraite depuis bientôt deux ans.

Celui qui évolue au sein du club allemand du Hertha Berlin espère évidemment que la Côte d’ivoire fasse un parcours honorable dans cette Coupe d’Afrique des nations. Elle n’a plus son destin en main dans la compétition et devra coûte que coûte se défaire ce mardi du Maroc pour espérer poursuivre son parcours. Ce match pourrait être en cas de défaite, le dernier de Salomon Kalou sous la tunique orange.
...and this is how we know that the interview was conducted BEFORE the loss to Maroc!

Cheers!!!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

lukemana wrote:

Quick translation: Of course this is my last one. I am 31 and soon in August, I will turn 32. It will be justly said later on that I have been blessed during my stint with the Elephants, with whom I have played 7 ACNs. I am leaving with great memories, having played with great people. Without doubt, the best remain the WC in 2010 in South Africa.. It is therefore with many satisfaction and pride that I have reached this level of the game and will retire!

I have attempted a translation based on the context.... totally different from the ad-verbatim translation provided by Google. If anyone can do better, please go ahead. Yes, he will retire. Will he come back? I don't think so. God know best. Once again, this interview was conducted BEFORE THE LOSS AGAINST MORROCCO!!!

Cheers!!!

wrong.

your thread title suggests that SK is dismissing the Elephants, in a negative way.

The article mentions that Kalou said he was blessed to play for them and has fond memories esp WC2010.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

tfco wrote:
lukemana wrote:

Cheers!!!

wrong.

your thread title suggests that SK is dismissing the Elephants, in a negative way.

The article mentions that Kalou said he was blessed to play for them and has fond memories esp WC2010.
So bra Kossi, the article does not say he will retire with the Elephants ??? And please show me where I erred during the translation. I love to learn!

Cheers!!!
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Mister Dolly wrote:Dude...you were done way before...LOL
Exactly
More like Ivory Coast done with him
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Your thread title.

It suggests SK is dismissing the Elephants sort of "je m'en fou de l'equipe.."

A simple "Kalou is retiring from the Elephants" would suffice

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

tfco wrote:Your thread title.

It suggests SK is dismissing the Elephants sort of "je m'en fou de l'equipe.."

A simple "Kalou is retiring from the Elephants" would suffice
So the issue is with your "interpretation" of the title. Good to know. :idea: :idea: :idea: