NORTH AFRICANS SNUB NATIONS CUP

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ROSSIKE
Eaglet
Eaglet
NORTH AFRICANS SNUB NATIONS CUP

Post by ROSSIKE »

Poor attendance at the games in Tunisia has once again shown the contempt with which our north African 'brothers' view black Africans.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

dayum....u infered this from what? Just bcuz of low attendance u assume say them no like blacks?
Naija fan
Egg
Egg
Re: NORTH AFRICANS SNUB NATIONS CUP

Post by Naija fan »

ROSSIKE wrote:Poor attendance at the games in Tunisia has once again shown the contempt with which our north African 'brothers' view black Africans.
Poor attendance does not show contempt, it shows that people in most African countries don't have the disposible income for such activities. Most people will pay to see their country but not someone else. Afterall, when Nigeria hosted in 2000, there was poor attendance in games that did not involve Nigeria. I don't think you will suggest that Nigerian's had contempt for Africans. I will not be surprised, however, if Nigerian games have a big attendance because of the array of stars on parade.
Last edited by Naija fan on Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

Rossike and his wack theories :D
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

This craze man don come again. If you watched the ANC the last time it was staged in Tunisia, it was the same thing. I will argue it was even worse because the home country was knocked out in the group stages. It is nothing new, unless you are watching it here for the first time.

With your wack theories, I nor go surprise if you nor be guest of her majesty back then. :wink: :wink: :P :P :P :P
Last edited by Waffiman on Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

I would expect this commentary from Solowe, not you....
"Jose Mourinho favoured directness and used to throw Robert Huth or John Terry up front when Chelsea were chasing the game, a ploy associated with the industrial era of English football management."
- The Guardian UK, November 26, 2007
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

I guess Naijarians are also "racist" afutall, dem no attend di 2000 ANC games until dem begin gee di tickets away for free...

My man, the tickets are not free...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Akamoke

Post by Akamoke »

Hmm, so how do you explain the low tournout in South Africa in 1996?
hakim075
Egg
Egg

Post by hakim075 »

not frankly the brothers, I 'm Moroccan and I can say to you that the nord africans aren't as that... we are the same ones, we regard ourselves as African and brothers with you... they are false ideas that you have ....
I would even say that sometimes it is the opposite, us are not regarded as African truths because we are white, but what is the difference??? none
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:This craze man don come again. If you watched the ANC the last time it was staged in Tunisia, it was the same thing. I will argue it was even worse because the home country was knocked out in the group stages. It is nothing new, unless you are watching it here for the first time.

With your wack theories, I nor go surprise if you nor be guest of her majesty back then. :wink: :wink: :P :P :P :P
:lol: :lol: :lol: ..Guru Maharaji don come again :lol: :lol:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
SSTAR
Egg
Egg

Post by SSTAR »

...and by their statements shall we know them.
Chief Rossike dumped a wacko theory and tip-toed off the forum.
Hnmmm....!!!
:shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock:
The meek shall inherit the earth, but they will not hold the mineral rights!!!
La Reussi
Egg
Egg
Re: NORTH AFRICANS SNUB NATIONS CUP

Post by La Reussi »

Naija fan wrote:
ROSSIKE wrote:Poor attendance at the games in Tunisia has once again shown the contempt with which our north African 'brothers' view black Africans.
Poor attendance does not show contempt, it shows that people in most African countries don't have the disposible income for such activities. Most people will pay to see their country but not someone else. Afterall, when Nigeria hosted in 2000, there was poor attendance in games that did not involve Nigeria. I don't think you will suggest that Nigerian's had contempt for Africans. I will not be surprised, however, if Nigerian games have a big attendance because of the array of stars on parade.

Naija Fan,

There was hardly any case of poor attendance in matches played in Nigeria in CAN2000.In fact almost all the venues had full capacity attendance.Calabar,Kano and PH in particular.

In TUNIS 1994, it was the same case of poor attendance in almost all the group matches.

And yet the same North Africans are bidding to host the World Cup.FIFA cannot afford to give the hosting of the World cup to North Africa.It will be a colossal error.

La Reussi
In all things and every situation, give thanks to God.
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Most of the Fans at Morocco, Algeria & Egyptian games aren't Tunisians but nationals of those countries living in Tunisa.

If the ANC was in Nigeria and I was on N100,000 a year, would I pay say N1000 to go and watch Kenya vs Rwanda? I seriously doubt it, that sort of behaviour is a recipe for instant divorce. Neither would I be able to tell Madam that I was heading off to Tunis to follow the super eagles, at least not with my own money and that is a fact of life for most Africans, Northern or Sub-Saharan!

One of the big problems of African soccer are the fans are relatively poor, and away fans rarely travel privately to games, so poor atendance in competiotns are a fact of life. It is one of the reasons why African Club competitions can't yet be played in neutral venues